Sharpened Steel.

For completed games made with 001.
Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer

Sharpened Steel.

Postby Eclectic gaming » Sun May 26, 2013 9:06 am

Preview of Rpg.jpg
Hey there, I've just released the Beta for my game, Sharpened Steel. It's my first attempt at making a game, and it still isn't quite finished. It's an action RPG set in the world of Stratom. You can complete quests, interact with hundreds of characters, and explore different environments. Like I said, it's still not finished, and there will most likely be more than a few rough edges, which is why I've put it up for beta testing. If you're going to rate it, please leave some constructive criticism, as I can't improve things from a mindless rant. If you want to ask any questions, just post them here, and I'll answer them.

-Rhys.

EDIT: It's no longer in Beta, so most glitches should be fixed. The full release will probably be ready in a few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled.
Last edited by Eclectic gaming on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

matty513

Re: Sharpened Steel.

Postby matty513 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:14 pm

The firs thing for you to do is remove security risks. I have Norton and the file is removed instantly as it is unsafe to use. If you address this issue i will continue to review the rest of the game. By the way i am the same person as on Yahoo so consider by ownership proposition.

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Postby Not Me » Tue May 28, 2013 11:59 pm

I don't think anything he did caused security issues, I think your antivirus is being a bit overprotective.
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer

Postby Eclectic gaming » Wed May 29, 2013 2:00 am

Hey there, I'm not sure why it is alerting your anti-virus, but it really shouldn't. It is made using files only from 001engine. It may be that it sees it as an "untrusted download" which is common in some computers, but I assure you that it contains nothing malicious and you can hit the "Trust" button.

Hope I helped. :)
Google Eclectic Gaming....I dare you. Or Sharpened Steel, you can google that too. Hehehehe.

eclectic-gaming.weebly.com/

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Wed May 29, 2013 4:17 pm

It's looking good though if I had any suggestions it's be to make the text and message box better colours because sometimes t's hard to read :)

Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer

Postby Eclectic gaming » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:54 am

Yeah, I didn't like the original blue colour for the text box so I made it that colour =/ not a brilliant idea, so I'm now working on changing that.

500 Downloads! Thanks to everybody who downloaded it, the full version will be out soon, with the completed storyline and more. I never thought it would do this well, so thanks again to everybody. IndieRPGs even did an article on sharpened steel! I would give you the link but you can't do that on these forums :( but if you want to read it just google "Indie RPGs Sharpened Steel" or something like that.

PS: or you can just look at the screen shot, (I didn't think of that before)

Version 0.5 now out! Includes house buying, more quests, collectibles and more! Hope you enjoy! :lol:

Forums... wut r u doin

Forums...stahp merging my posts

Forums...STAHP!
Last edited by Eclectic gaming on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Google Eclectic Gaming....I dare you. Or Sharpened Steel, you can google that too. Hehehehe.

gerardred
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby gerardred » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:36 am

Nice ! But HUD Could Be Improved :D :)

Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer

Postby Eclectic gaming » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:57 am

Thanks, :lol: and I know the HUD is pretty plain, but I'm not particularly good at working with interfaces, but i'll try and spice it up a bit if I can.

And at long last, I'm nearing the end of Sharpened Steel, the full version is almost prepped and ready, and the only things left to do are to sand off the rough edges.

How do I do that? Well I'll need all of you guys' help. Download the current version and tell me what you liked, what you hated, and what you want. I know the comments on the game are closed right now, but I'll open them again soon. Don't hold back. I've learnt to take criticism and improve from it. Anything is appreciated. Thank you in advance, if anybody knows what makes a good 001 game, it's you guys. :)

gerardred
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby gerardred » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:05 am

Found a bug, stuck at here
bug.PNG

Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer

Postby Eclectic gaming » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:14 am

Hmm, thats odd, you mean you're stuck there and can't move? Or your stuck on that map?

Edit: Yeah, I've been able to recreate that glitch, I can't think what on earth caused it. I'll try and get it fixed for the next version though.

Edit2: If you want to escape the glitch, press shift to jump out
Last edited by Eclectic gaming on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Next

Return to Completed Games