resources

Discussion pertaining to resources, stories/characters and gameplay ideas in this forum dedicated to games that are just a faint glow.
Forum rules
Do not create a topic offering to produce resources. Click here for the reason.

Please use above resources section of site so everyone can have access to the resources you create.

Postby 123 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:31 am

You can Upload On My Forum.

Simsimius
001 Fanatic

Postby Simsimius » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:01 pm

An Official on-site site would be best, and easier to locate.

And I have a template for a resource site, very simple, but site design is second on my list. My main priority is to program the PHP for an "Upload, display, rate" system. I prefer this system then a forum upload system.

EDIT: For the record - 100th post

Postby 123 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:26 pm

You guys love to put me down. :(

Zink
001 Supporter

Postby Zink » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:51 pm

Its a nice site, 123

Postby 123 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:59 pm

Thank You zink, and Pierre and Mike Sign Up I'll Make You Admins So you can Help Moderate the Uploads.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:58 pm

No one at all is putting you down. They are just not agreeing with you.

The problem with a forum-based resource site is that it gets extremely unorganized. The benefit of a site designed for resources is that everything is all in one system, and one can do searches and have browsers to view graphics quickly. With a forum, it becomes extremely unorganized and confusing to locate anything in particular.

The other problem with the forum idea is that we have no way to manage it and do what we need to do. With Sim making a web-site, and putting it under our domain, we have full control and have the ability to pass it along if Sim ever "retires". If you ever stopped supporting 001, we would have no way of grathering all the resources on your forum and passing it along to someone else. It's a risk that, I believe I can speak on behalf of Pierre, that we could not take.

I am NOT asking you to stop. Infact, I'd like for you to continue. However, we have enough to deal with, and being moderators on yet another forum is time consuming for us.

Pierre
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Pierre » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:48 pm

Mike wrote:No one at all is putting you down. They are just not agreeing with you.

The problem with a forum-based resource site is that it gets extremely unorganized. The benefit of a site designed for resources is that everything is all in one system, and one can do searches and have browsers to view graphics quickly. With a forum, it becomes extremely unorganized and confusing to locate anything in particular.

The other problem with the forum idea is that we have no way to manage it and do what we need to do. With Sim making a web-site, and putting it under our domain, we have full control and have the ability to pass it along if Sim ever "retires". If you ever stopped supporting 001, we would have no way of grathering all the resources on your forum and passing it along to someone else. It's a risk that, I believe I can speak on behalf of Pierre, that we could not take.

I am NOT asking you to stop. Infact, I'd like for you to continue. However, we have enough to deal with, and being moderators on yet another forum is time consuming for us.

I concur. :D
Still, thanks for the idea 1 2 3.

Postby 123 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:42 pm

Maybe Someone Else here will be a Mod and help keep my site organized and tidy with me.

Thanks for the support Mike & Pierre

and I would Like to add my sidenote that I love this software and Hope It Booms Into A Complete and Superb Editor.

EDIT:

I have Some more for you to read,

If You Wish I will Disable and Or Discontinue Downloadability Of Any Item You Wish To be Removed. Of Course I would Never Cross you and Shut down without Linking you to all the content, and If I ever Make a New Forum to Host The Said Files, I will Create a Post Here Reminding Everybody as to the whereabouts Of The Files, As I plan to Have Exclusive Content On My Page That, I think, Should only be available from it's Owner (Me) So I will keep Up to date on the Wherebouts and Availability Of My Forum and/or it's contents

Thanks Everybody, and have a Great Day

Simsimius
001 Fanatic

Postby Simsimius » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:06 pm

You can still use the forums - the site is way from finished.

I'm focusing on the user system first, so you can register, login, upload, logout, etc. (AND I need to code the "admin" options).

Once you can do that, I'll focus on uploading, displaying, rating, etc.

The best part if that I have a webserver on my computer, complete with MySQL and PHP. So I can code off and online, and test it instantly.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:36 pm

Most web developers have webservers on their local machine. As I've said, that's how I do it too. It's really helpful!

PreviousNext

Return to Resource, Story and Level Design