Mercenary Series Obliterated by Police!

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
NinthCrusader
001 Admirer

Mercenary Series Obliterated by Police!

Postby NinthCrusader » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:07 am

*This all happened back in December, 2010 just FYI*

Untitled.png

Case No.: B10-003286
Date Reported: December 26, 2010
Time: 5:00 pm
Shift: II
Incident: CRIMINAL TRESPASS 2ND

So yeah I already posted that I'm back in the "Hello, Away, Goodbye" section, but I wanted to inform anyone on this post (if you even care) of what happened to our mercenary series. You see....we were filming episode 4....5 or something... idk, but it was sweet! It was the day after Christmas and it snowed well across our town and there was plenty of it leftover for us to film in. We were going to make an episode about us going after the bad guys in Russia or something. Anyway we filmed ourselves storming a couple of abandoned houses that weren't completely constructed yet (mainly wood framing, walls, etc, no doors or windows). Well we filmed a ton of great footage in the first house then moved on to the second house. When we got up to the second floor of that house, we started changing our costumes and getting all of our stuff ready for the next scene. Well I wandered over to the window and peeked out....sure enough there was someone in all black with a real gun creeping up on the house from across the street. My gut cringed at the sight. I thought..."no it can't be". But sure enough I look down the street and see another person in all black coming up towards the house. I knew what this was and that there was no way out. I told my friends there were cops outside. We quickly took off all of our heavy coats and equipment so that we would not appear to have any possible way of concealing dangerous weapons. We threw all of our pocket knives and batons, real weapons to the ground and all sat on the floor and waited. We were afraid they were going to storm the house, so we sat there worried for a while. After several agonizing minutes, they yelled over a megaphone at us exactly like this: "Armed men in the house, this is the Madison City Police Department! Come out with your hands up, one by one, unarmed." We all walked downstairs and went our through the garage since the stairs hadn't been installed yet. They called us out one by one by shirt color. Each one of us had to go out into the middle of the street, stop, lift our shirt up like a girls gone wild video and spin around in a circle. Take in mind that this is while about 10-15 armed police officers were pointing loaded handguns at us. They were behind their doors, cars, street poles, and one cop even had an AR-15 rifle! And yes it was pointed right at us and loaded, ready to blow our heads off. They thought that we were full grown men with real guns when they received the call so it was bad. Anyway, after they handcuffed each of us, drug us across the pavement and put us on our knees in the mud and snow behind a dirty dumpster for about 10 minutes, they went inside and secured the house and discovered that our guns were fake. They un-handcuffed us all and let us go sit on the curb and some of the officers gathered around and laughed and some of them left. All of our parents showed up, it was bad... I sat in the back of the cop car since I was the last one to leave. They called us all in for questioning at the police station a few days later and gave us a lot of threats. They accused us of planning an attack on the school and said our film was for practice. We assured them that they were wrong about that and we had a one year warning for any prosecution to happen. A year passed and we are all fine, no harm done.

We had to take down the videos though. They made us and confiscated the footage from that whole week. We had car scenes too.

This is related to this very old post: http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15367

aldenorai
001 Admirer

Re: Mercenary Series Obliterated by Police!

Postby aldenorai » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:01 am

I hope that's not YOUR rap sheet that you just showed us a screencap of.
- George R. Powell
Music Composer | Screenwriter | Voice Actor

http://www.georgerpowell.com

NinthCrusader
001 Admirer

Postby NinthCrusader » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:47 am

Lol, God no. My record is squeaky clean, not even a ticket.

That is just a list of police incident reports for that week, and the one highlighted is ours, because I checked the address and everything. We were reported as terrorists over the phone actually. We have very paranoid people in a lot of our town.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 pm

aldenorai wrote:I hope that's not YOUR rap sheet that you just showed us a screencap of.

Death investigation
Intimidating a witness
:lol:

aldenorai
001 Admirer

Postby aldenorai » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:14 pm

NinthCrusader wrote:We were reported as terrorists over the phone actually. We have very paranoid people in a lot of our town.

That's because people are retarded. They have no clue what's really going on here in the US and they jump at shadows because the media tells them to.

And if it's any consolation, I once kept a shuriken (Chinese throwing star) in my wallet over a decade ago to use for opening boxes at work and opening soda cans. After a while, I'd forgotten it was in there because I hadn't needed it, then I was reminded that I have it when a metal detector went off at Miami International Airport in *June of 2002*. I'll bet you can imagine the kind of interrogation I underwent as a result of that. I was 21 at the time.
- George R. Powell
Music Composer | Screenwriter | Voice Actor

http://www.georgerpowell.com

NinthCrusader
001 Admirer

Postby NinthCrusader » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 am

Cool stuff, I used my pocket knife to open boxes for the longest time till' someone said something to me. There are too many things considered weapons nowadays. We would get in trouble if we brought a pair of our own scissors to school, yet they had these huge machete-like paper cutters in the craft room. Plus... anything can be a lethal weapon if used right.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:21 pm

When they stop Jason Bourne style pen fighting let me know.

NinthCrusader
001 Admirer

Postby NinthCrusader » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:45 pm

It's ridiculous, lol.

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Are they going to start cutting off our limbs as newborns now? *is uncomfortable*

EDIT: I just had a thought. In some states, when a person is awarded a black belt (I think in any martial art), your hands are considered lethal weapons, and you must be hit three times (who cares how hard?) in order to legally fight back. Does this mean that putting your hands in your pocket would be considered concealed carry?
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

NinthCrusader
001 Admirer

Postby NinthCrusader » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:53 pm

It's funny that you mention that. I happen to be a first degree black belt in Midori Yama Goshin Jujutsu under the American Budo Society. Mouthful yup. It took me five years, and they taught me tons of Jujutsu, Judo, and Self defense; a little bit of Marine Combatives, Taekwondo, Karate, Western Boxing, and Muay Tai.

I thought my girlfriend was being picked on by a friend of mine and I grabbed him by the throat, and he got mad and did the same (didn't bother me cuz I've been choked out for a long time before), but I don't like confrontations, especially with friends. We made up, hugged, lol, and we're still friends, but I felt bad. He told me though that my hands are lethal weapons and I should be careful.

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Legally, he was correct. :) / :(
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:55 am

Dang, that sucks. Does that mean videos you have posted on here as well?

NinthCrusader
001 Admirer

Postby NinthCrusader » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:45 am

I'm not sure. I only remember posting them on youtube, and I quickly removed them all online because my friend called me in a panic saying we would be in trouble if they weren't all gone. Looking back now, I should have backed them all up on a hidden hard drive :(! But at the time they were seriously threatening us with speeding because we filmed in the car, and for vandalism because we smashed a bunch of empty old random cardboard boxes we found in a parking lot, abandoned. They watched all the footage. A few of the swat-like guys gave us pointers and actually corrected us on stuff we did, but the main guy was scared because he said we did the flash bang and breach spot on perfect without flaw and said that if we did a SWAT training course we would have aced the flash bang and breach, but he said that the rest of the footage of searching the house was sloppy. But either way, they thought we were planning to take the town or attack a school. So I didn't want them raiding my house for evidence of more footage that they thought was practice, ugh. I have crazy, paranoid people in this town.

Return to General Discussion