how to make things happen in the point type game?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Nikki_cool

how to make things happen in the point type game?

Postby Nikki_cool » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:57 am

hello i been trying out the point and click type.
i can get the thing to work...
like how do you create objects with the things like touch how do you make it so when you use the Touch tool a message or so will show?

this is the first time using this one, id be grateful if anyone could help please.

[and thank you :)]

EDIT: when i mean't by point type game i meant point and click
Last edited by Nikki_cool on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Re: how to make things happen in the point type game?

Postby JimmySterylian » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:57 am

I don't know if by touch you mean when an actor touches an object or you plan to export it on mobile and want it to activate when you touch the object so I'm gonna show you both.

First create an actor by clicking on the icon decipcting a person on the map editor's toolbar(between Dim. and Route options). Select the template you want, then click on the Add button located near the actor's triggers. After that select the Mouse Down trigger(or Collided with actor if you want to activate the message box when the objects collides with another one) and click Ok.
Untitled.png

Inside the Mouse Down trigger(or Collided with actor trigger) you've created, search for the Message Box event and then type stuff, click ok, and that's it.

Return to Technical Support Questions