*HALTED* Sphere-O : The New World

For completed games made with 001.
tuliron
001 Fanatic

*HALTED* Sphere-O : The New World

Postby tuliron » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Sphere-O Classic

(Couldn't post in completed area so i put it here)
NOTE: Saving your game may cause the game to crash.
The world of Canvas was created 10 years ago, now an evil entity called "The Artist" wants to destroy Canvas. You (Sphere-O) must stop him before he destroys the whole world with his Death Knights.
Features:
1) 6 year old graphics. :)
2) A turn based battle system.
3) Final Fantasy Music (And More)
4) Maybe atleast an hour of gameplay?
Please enjoy Sphere-O. I put my soul into this one.

]Sphere-O Epic
Version Epic will be posted as a seperate game.

Beta Testers
-empty
-empty
-empty
-empty
-empty

Applicants
-Metomunc
-Indiana266
-Zhuge (undecided)
-Haraldx

I really can't think of a story to put here :oops:
but once i figure out a good type of story i'll be sure to post the plot.
Last edited by tuliron on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Lucifiend
001 Subscriber

Re: Sphere-O

Postby Lucifiend » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:26 pm

I wouldn't sell you're soul so young. There will be plenty of opportunities later in life.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Ok i'll keep that in mind =)
(Got it posted on website now, had difficulties with building the game)

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:28 am

I like the basic idea. I'll have to give this one a try soon.
Who should I really listen to?

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 pm

metomunc wrote:I like the basic idea. I'll have to give this one a try soon.

Thanks! I know the story is lacking, but i REALLY wanted to make this game. :)

-->Sphere-O 2.0 Released<----
I found major glitches that needed ironing out. So i fixed them today and posted the Fixed Version.

Fixed Mugger giving infinite swords
Fixed Music restart on skill use
Fixed Gameplay Difficulty
Fixed Final Boss Music
Fixed Desperation Spell (Due to Continue Option, if you die from the spell you'll lose half your money as a penelty.) Chance of Death is 40%
Changed Red giving Runic Armor instead of Plate.
Added Ultima Potion
Added Dialog
Added "Continue" (When you get GAME OVER)
Added Equiping Magic now gives you a bonus to your stats.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:43 am

This is a really enjoyable game. I liked the intro with the pencil erasing stuff. I kinda wish there was more of that kind of thing throughout the story. Like as you come into a new area there is a small "cut scene" where it shows a tree get erased or one of the monks or something. The story was very simple as were the graphics, but it just worked. I thought about making something with a similar premise, but never got the time to do so.

The final fantasy music creates the moods fairly well. I think if you build on this project some more it could become pretty stellar. Here's some suggestions:
- add a little more story (really just explain things a bit more maybe with signs or something)
- The battle system was flawless as far as I could see in function except for the graphic design.
It would be cool if you made the screen fade to black and showed an alternate point of view for battle sequences. It wouldn't take too long to do and it would add a whole new visual aspect to the game. It's a bit hard to see when the interfaces are stacked and the background is there too. It's just a bit too much to look at all at once. I like the simplicity of the interfaces.

Over all I think this game is a novel idea and it was executed very well, but it could use some improvements. 8/10

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:03 am

metomunc wrote:This is a really enjoyable game. I liked the intro with the pencil erasing stuff. I kinda wish there was more of that kind of thing throughout the story. Like as you come into a new area there is a small "cut scene" where it shows a tree get erased or one of the monks or something. The story was very simple as were the graphics, but it just worked. I thought about making something with a similar premise, but never got the time to do so.

The final fantasy music creates the moods fairly well. I think if you build on this project some more it could become pretty stellar. Here's some suggestions:
- add a little more story (really just explain things a bit more maybe with signs or something)
- The battle system was flawless as far as I could see in function except for the graphic design.
It would be cool if you made the screen fade to black and showed an alternate point of view for battle sequences. It wouldn't take too long to do and it would add a whole new visual aspect to the game. It's a bit hard to see when the interfaces are stacked and the background is there too. It's just a bit too much to look at all at once. I like the simplicity of the interfaces.

Over all I think this game is a novel idea and it was executed very well, but it could use some improvements. 8/10

Thanks for the 8/10 ! :D I'll keep these ideas in mind, and I'll either add on to the game and improve it eventually, or altogether make a sequal (With it taking place at another drawing in the same house) Glad you enjoyed the game ;)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:59 am

I have no idea why this is rated so low!

This is pretty much the first great TBB 001 so far!(Well i haven't even seen a game with turn based battles yet). I like the story and the whole concept of it all!

There are a few things you could work on tho.
The turn based battles are great, I love the setup, but maybe you can shift the fields down below the message boxes, and give them a border.
All the fields and message boxes are white and they blend into themselves so it hard to see at some times.
I love the "6 year old" style of graphics, it really gives your game personality and detail. But maybe you could get a bit more detailed mapping wise. The first map is pretty detailed, could use more and is a bit cramped, but you should do your other maps in that detail so it comes together better.
I love how you made the roof disappear when you enter a house, that's a truly awesome hax way of doing it. Genius. You seem to be pretty skilled at scripting, I'd like to see more of it!

I agree with Meto that the story needs more detail, or at least more speech from people. Like the guy afraid of the slime. He could of said that the slime was after him and he ran away cause it is really tough. I didn't know that and he killed me. Stuff like that, you know?

If you don't want to rework this one, I highly suggest a sequel, prequel or a different story in a similar world.

Overall I really enjoyed the game, 9/10. I will definitely play a sequel. Definitely an underrated game.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:41 pm

Wow, I really enjoyed this game! I think this is one of the best games uploaded, no doubt. I really enjoyed the AI, it was something fresh and new to fight against. you must be quite an advanced scripter. Congratulations on an excellent game, 9/10. :)

TheRunner
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby TheRunner » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 am

WOWEE!

That was very well made, I would give it 10/10!

Infact, it has inspired me tons, thanks bro.
"As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue."

- Albert Einstein

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 am

Dunce wrote:I have no idea why this is rated so low!

This is pretty much the first great TBB 001 so far!(Well i haven't even seen a game with turn based battles yet). I like the story and the whole concept of it all!

There are a few things you could work on tho.
The turn based battles are great, I love the setup, but maybe you can shift the fields down below the message boxes, and give them a border.
All the fields and message boxes are white and they blend into themselves so it hard to see at some times.
I love the "6 year old" style of graphics, it really gives your game personality and detail. But maybe you could get a bit more detailed mapping wise. The first map is pretty detailed, could use more and is a bit cramped, but you should do your other maps in that detail so it comes together better.
I love how you made the roof disappear when you enter a house, that's a truly awesome hax way of doing it. Genius. You seem to be pretty skilled at scripting, I'd like to see more of it!

I agree with Meto that the story needs more detail, or at least more speech from people. Like the guy afraid of the slime. He could of said that the slime was after him and he ran away cause it is really tough. I didn't know that and he killed me. Stuff like that, you know?

If you don't want to rework this one, I highly suggest a sequel, prequel or a different story in a similar world.

Overall I really enjoyed the game, 9/10. I will definitely play a sequel. Definitely an underrated game.

When I first saw that low rate, it really bummed me out, but i'm glad to be hearing some positive feedback thanks! I'll keep all these suggestions in mind when i redo this game. And I'm working on a prequel... But it's called Sphere-O 2 (Lazor's Story) Another Turn-Based ;)
gamer_dude001 wrote:Wow, I really enjoyed this game! I think this is one of the best games uploaded, no doubt. I really enjoyed the AI, it was something fresh and new to fight against. you must be quite an advanced scripter. Congratulations on an excellent game, 9/10. :)

Thanks gamer_dude001! :D I'm not that advanced... but i know a little more then average.
TheRunner wrote:WOWEE!

That was very well made, I would give it 10/10!

Infact, it has inspired me tons, thanks bro.

Thanks, TheRunner! :D I'm glad that it inspired you.

miroki123
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby miroki123 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:22 am

Loved the game. Looks like you've managed to do a simple yet fun turn-based battle game - way to go.
Like Dunce said, your roof disappearing thing when entering houses is AWESOME, though I don't think the story needs to be better explained. It's one of those games that the only goal is to kill the boss, you don't need much story for that - I've played plenty of those games when I was a kid myself.

There were some things that I didn't like that are worth mentioning. You could add more RPG elements to the battle for example critical hit (you'd need a luck stat for this), it's always good to see a critical hit. Speed only counts towards how early you act in battle, but you could also add a chance to avoid hits based on speed. Also there's no run away option in the battle, sometimes I got stuck in endless battles (I'd only do 1 dmg and so would the opponent).

That's it basically.
8/10
If you haven't tried out yet, check out my full game Voyage for Vengeance.
If you did but you're stuck, don't worry, there's a walkthrough available!

For those about to rock, we salute you.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:54 pm

miroki123 wrote:Loved the game. Looks like you've managed to do a simple yet fun turn-based battle game - way to go.
Like Dunce said, your roof disappearing thing when entering houses is AWESOME, though I don't think the story needs to be better explained. It's one of those games that the only goal is to kill the boss, you don't need much story for that - I've played plenty of those games when I was a kid myself.

There were some things that I didn't like that are worth mentioning. You could add more RPG elements to the battle for example critical hit (you'd need a luck stat for this), it's always good to see a critical hit. Speed only counts towards how early you act in battle, but you could also add a chance to avoid hits based on speed. Also there's no run away option in the battle, sometimes I got stuck in endless battles (I'd only do 1 dmg and so would the opponent).

That's it basically.
8/10

Thanks :) If i can figure out how to script that then i will put in that critical hit/ dodge.... actually Sphere-O 2.5 is adding things that people have suggested... so if i can i will.
The reason there is no "Run" option is because it would glitch the combat slightly.(especially when battles start when enemies see you, instead of talking to them) So unfortunately i can't put that in. i guess you could say this game is partially trail-and-error. :?

EDIT: Well i added a spell that sould help with that slime fight.

But anyways 2.5 is out now.
HUD re-done
More talking (story?)
New Skill
More decorated enviorment
Able to buy Ultima Potion
Choose your boss music feature.
Download and play!
Hopefully it'll add to your enjoyment? :?
Last edited by tuliron on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 am

AWESOME!!! *goes to games page and votes 10* I liked the stylish (if i can say so) graphics. and after 5 minute of gameplay i understood that I am playing in a painting and the one who draw this painting is a 16 years old kid (i guess, it was said he was 6 when he drew it, then after 10 years he wants do put it in trash). very nice. simple, but perfect!

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:08 pm

haraldx wrote:AWESOME!!! *goes to games page and votes 10* I liked the stylish (if i can say so) graphics. and after 5 minute of gameplay i understood that I am playing in a painting and the one who draw this painting is a 16 years old kid (i guess, it was said he was 6 when he drew it, then after 10 years he wants do put it in trash). very nice. simple, but perfect!

Thanks haraldx! Glad you like it :)

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:58 am

Oh 1 thing (actually 2). Disable the jump button - you can jump over death knights. The Death knight between 2 doors doesn't seem to do anything since the update.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Alright thanks ;) The jump button was kept in though because of that glitch. So you wouldn't have to wait for an update to fight the Final Boss.
I've noticed a few glitches started happening after the update. But they're not often i think. there's a few that i know of.
1. Berserker fight "breaks"
2. (As you said) The Death Knight breaks.
3. Fights occur with yourself or a dead body (weird :? )

This is all that i know of. Hopefully i'll find a way to Permanently fix this, but it'll have to wait.
All my game making energy is for the sequel. (And my main project Eternia ... I should really work more on that.)

Tydome
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby Tydome » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Excellent, Turn-Based Game

9/10
I have no signature.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Are you thinking of making a sequel? Or atleast a bit longer game then this one, it was fun but it was missing some stuff.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Tydome wrote:Excellent, Turn-Based Game

9/10

Thanks ;)
haraldx wrote:Are you thinking of making a sequel? Or atleast a bit longer game then this one, it was fun but it was missing some stuff.

The prequel is planned to be atleast 2x as long (I make them short due to save game issues)
But i probably won't start "really" working on it till the next release of Map 001.
I have been experimenting with a better battle system :)
And as the last game I have no story plan :roll:
Just curious what do you think it was missing, haraldx?

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 am

It was very linear. The only thing that wasn't like, stand here get many level-ups and super armor, was the place where you had to talk with Lazor, for him to teach you a new move. I suggest, adding 1 map having 3 routes for example:
Location: Fields of life. you can go left to the town, you can go right to the fields of death and you can go down to go to ExAmPlE PlAcE

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Oh i get what you mean.
Well i'll try to make the next game a little more "explorative"

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:05 am

You could make labyrints like this. and when you find the key to the last door, there are loads of treasure.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:06 am

Actually "Originally" Fort Art was supposed to have secret doors that led to Rune Armor and the Octagon Ring, but it glitched the "system" so it was cut {Just a random fact} :)

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:40 pm

I have and idea how to fix the broken death knight fight - make a zone behind the first door that does the fight script! i think you used saw player script. am i right? Make the zone, touched by playable character and WOLA!!! you got 1 bug fixed :)

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 pm

*Facepalm* wow talk about simple i totally didn't think of that :lol:
Yeah i was kinda just copying and pasting at that point.
Plus i can fix the berserker fight if i change it to the "talk to" script
though it takes away from what his name means :(
I'll fix these in 3.0 (which isn't coming out for quite a while, i'm working on several projects)
1: TBB-based "Sphere-o 2"
2:Tactical-based "Tuliron's Tactics Test" [Not going to be published on website]
and
3: Hack-and-Slash "Broken Heart"

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:49 am

For the broken berserker fight - make a zone you must enter to start the fight. Not just the borders but make it full of it. Now make touched by playable character - use comparison, if Berserker Health > 1, start fight script. If not make it check every second about it. Then playable character left the zone - stop the health check for berserker. WOLA!!! you got another bug fixed :)

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:15 am

You seem to know alot about how i scripted this game you should make a TBB ;) *wink*

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:43 am

Uhhh, no dude, im gonna refuse this time. it seems you used timers to make the speed thingy done. it seems a little innacurate tho (the enemies attack timer doesn't reset). when a option has been selected (attack, defend) you check if the enemie's health is 0 or it is still alive, or maybe you just use character killed script. Hmm... what else? I know most of things with 001. it's not hard at all. I have problems with HUD and interface thingies, but in other cases im pro. ;) And I'm thinking about making a game based on L4D Louis + pills. hey that might make a great name for the game :lol: ''Louis + pills''.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Your Observant hahaha :shock:
Didn't think anyone would notice that.
Go for that game idea dude. ;)
I would love to see louis spraying at a witch with a uzi

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:02 am

Trust me, you will be able to select one of four original characters - Bill, Francis, Zoey and ofcourse Louis. Each of them will have special powers:
1.Bill - greater shot damage.
2.Francis - may pick up 2 secondary weapons and has a better punch damage.
3.Zoey - heals faster with medkit and gives more health with pills
4.Louis - secret character, can only be selected when you have done the main campaign. why? because he will be more powerful then Tank if he gets his pills!
It will include original sounds from L4D, including some self-made dialouges (mixing together originals). Play the game, laugh hardly and play as Louis!

Oops, i got too excited :lol:. good luck with your games, and play as Louis! (oh man, this is just like Counterstrike!)

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:26 pm

:lol: Can't wait to see some screens
(Wow we got way off topic)
anyways ;)

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 am

I guess TBB's aren't that hard... they are just annoying... takes time to script. And your script isn't the most hardest one. If you would make something like Final Fantasy gameplay then i would be like ''wtf? how did you make that?'' :lol:

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:30 pm

:lol: yeah i wanted to make a TBB game with two characters and i couldn't even do that :oops:
Maybe one day i'll release a game with 4 characters and status effects :D *thinking positive*

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 pm

You will if you keep doing stuff with 001 from time to time. ;)

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 am

Yeah i guess so. Can't wait for everyone to start making good games though. in my opinioin 3/10 of the games on this website didn't get enough effort put into them :? (Not to be mean or anything) But i want to start playing some nice fun games.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm

I think TBB based off of variables called "Speed" would make for an easy two-person party. Give each character a bar that has to fill up with time before they can take their turn. If the bar is filled for one character then pause the other one when it becomes full before they can take their turn. Then make enemies attack at random with a timer.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 pm

metomunc wrote:I think TBB based off of variables called "Speed" would make for an easy two-person party. Give each character a bar that has to fill up with time before they can take their turn. If the bar is filled for one character then pause the other one when it becomes full before they can take their turn. Then make enemies attack at random with a timer.

I see what your saying just have another "ATB" variable.
But that's not the problem
The only problem i would face is the targeting system.
I use the event "Closeset char to main" for targeting.
Until i find a better way to target enemies. I can't make an effective 2+ party. :(

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:50 am

You could make an interface where you select the character you want to attack, then set this character's name to a variable. Then when you run the damage script, damage the variable.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 am

I'll go test this out gamer_dude thx ;)

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:46 am

No guarantee it will work, but theoretically it should. Depends on how you make the battles work. No problem :) Looking forward to future updates, add-ons or sequels :)

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:01 am

I look forward to this game more than ice cream. :D
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 am

Fireleaf wrote:I look forward to this game more than ice cream. :D

This game, while simplistic in graphical and plot aspects, has a good scripting capability; namely it is the forerunner of TBB games on Engine001. In addition, the plot is nothing too fancy; but merely a shifted perspective of a child's art. Impressive.
Of course, this project has a massive development potential; while I personally found the graphics too distorted and the battle music irksome, I believe tuliron has certainly outdid himself in the elements used in gameplay, and if further improvement was done, this would inevitably be one of those games that'd make a significant difference in the 'hall of fame'.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:08 pm

gamer_dude001 wrote:No guarantee it will work, but theoretically it should. Depends on how you make the battles work. No problem :) Looking forward to future updates, add-ons or sequels :)

If you can give me any hints on how to make an interface to select characters then i would be thrilled, cause i'm kinda at a road block at the moment . And thanks! Can't wait to finish my 3.0
Fireleaf wrote:I look forward to this game more than ice cream. :D
Thanks!
MIV wrote:This game, while simplistic in graphical and plot aspects, has a good scripting capability; namely it is the forerunner of TBB games on Engine001. In addition, the plot is nothing too fancy; but merely a shifted perspective of a child's art. Impressive.
Of course, this project has a massive development potential; while I personally found the graphics too distorted and the battle music irksome, I believe tuliron has certainly outdid himself in the elements used in gameplay, and if further improvement was done, this would inevitably be one of those games that'd make a significant difference in the 'hall of fame'.

well thanks MIV! I don't think i can "improve" this game anymore. But maybe i can release a better game in the future that will be worthy of this "hall of fame" thing.

And as far as scripting... You should have seen the "battle system timer" before i started using "Custom Events".
100+ nodes. (not exagirating) :)
Longer game = more nodes

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:12 am

Maybe in the next one you should utilize a more pro-level graphic style instead of the child's drawings. Not that I have anything against the style of this game. It would jsut be cool if the characters were animated and moved around more when they fought.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Fireleaf wrote:Maybe in the next one you should utilize a more pro-level graphic style instead of the child's drawings. Not that I have anything against the style of this game. It would jsut be cool if the characters were animated and moved around more when they fought.

Ok. Well I'll see if i can do this. I might have to go look around and see how people do "custom animations" (Change body?) But I'll definitely consider this.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:47 am

Actually ... I may be able to help you out there. Kinda busy with my own game a group project, but I'm getting alot better at spriting with all the practice I've got.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:46 am

Any help would be appreciated :)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:04 am

I could assist for graphics, but besides that I can't do much.
A possibility would be to step up the graphics in the sequel; perhaps even show attack animations?
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

The M4 Team Salutes You.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks MIV, I've actually got my proto-type "attack" animation ready. I'll post it on the other topic so you can see.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 pm

So are you making the second game a team project?

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:51 pm

Well if i did make it a team project... I probably won't have this migraine right now from doing my new battle system. :lol: (which i must say turned out pretty decent.)

EDIT: But i don't know if i want to make it a team project :?
What you guys think?

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:22 pm

If you're doing TBB you could be in for some heavy competition against Ixayou's team game. A team could be a good idea.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Well i don't necessarily want to compete.. :roll:
I mean we're all friends here right ;)
My goal is to release my game before Ixa's team does. (seeing as people say "it'll blow people away")
So people will enjoy my game without comparing it to this "Secret Project"

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:16 pm

I really liked your game :) I rated it 9 :D (or 8, i cant really remember :P)
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!
All published information about our project will be there
http://shadowsofsephtia.blog.com/

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:58 am

I rated a 7. It has a good gameplay mechanism, yes, but it's somewhat lacking in the other areas; plot, graphics, with a few extras such as irritating music etc. But overall, a game worth playing, and I'm highly anticipating your second release.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 am

Ixayou wrote:I really liked your game :) I rated it 9 :D (or 8, i cant really remember :P)

Hahaha thanks
MIV wrote:I rated a 7. It has a good gameplay mechanism, yes, but it's somewhat lacking in the other areas; plot, graphics, with a few extras such as irritating music etc. But overall, a game worth playing, and I'm highly anticipating your second release.

What you don't like Final Fantasy 9? :shock:
Anyways.... my second game is going to have custom stuff as much as possible (Music, Graphics, Sounds)... so hopefully it won't be to irritating for you.

EDIT
Sphere-O is a featured game!
(Unlocked Achievement 10gamerscore) =)

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:16 am

I loved the demo for this. It's so ... I don't know. It's hard to describe, but I like it. I would suggest replacing what isn't origional with origional content which it sounds like what you are planning on doing. I can't wait to see what kind of a story you come up with for it.
tuliron wrote:EDIT

What's the achievement thing? Is that in the game?

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:49 am

I think he's talking about the upcoming Points001 thing; otherwise it's just random.
metomunc wrote:I can't wait to see what kind of a story you come up with for it.

I thought the idea of the 'Artist' was very original, but I found some elements clashing; why would anyone support the 'artist' if he was threatening to 'delete' everyone?
In addition, it was rather undeveloped, leading to my verdict.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:14 am

I liked it and the little faces are pretty cool like the zombie one that one's good, good old final fantasy fanfare music. Good Work. :D

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Rico wrote:good old final fantasy fanfare music.

Sounds very irritating after awhile, especially with 'fanfare'. Perhaps try something more suitable for battle, rather than blowing trumpets?

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 am

Well I think it's all up to your playin preference I guess, I like it in my opinion :D
Da Da Da Da, Da, Da Da, Da Da Da, Daaaaaaa

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 am

Sphere-O II has different victory music :D

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

patatoface
001 Forum Master

Postby patatoface » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 am

WoW can't wait for the next one i give it

9.5 out of 10

but seeing as i can't actually do that i'll give it a 9

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:09 am

Fireleaf wrote:Sphere-O II has different victory music :D

I meant the battle music. Too much trumpets for the feeling of thrill.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:57 pm

metomunc wrote:I loved the demo for this. It's so ... I don't know. It's hard to describe, but I like it. I would suggest replacing what isn't origional with origional content which it sounds like what you are planning on doing. I can't wait to see what kind of a story you come up with for it.
tuliron wrote:EDIT

What's the achievement thing? Is that in the game?

Well it wasn't exactly a demo... it was the full game :\ But glad you liked it!
and yes the Sphere-O is a featured game was a random thing. (I'm just happy it was in the featured section on this website)
MIV wrote:I think he's talking about the upcoming Points001 thing; otherwise it's just random.
metomunc wrote:I can't wait to see what kind of a story you come up with for it.

I thought the idea of the 'Artist' was very original, but I found some elements clashing; why would anyone support the 'artist' if he was threatening to 'delete' everyone?
In addition, it was rather undeveloped, leading to my verdict.

Story is my weak spot... This game wasn't meant to have much story. Sorry, i'll develop a better one?
Rico wrote:I liked it and the little faces are pretty cool like the zombie one that one's good, good old final fantasy fanfare music. Good Work. :D

Glad you like it Rico. Actually the zombie was a graphic i used for one of my "Gamemaker" games.
All my friends like the game it's called "The Dead Are A Walkin' " I kinda ripped the graphics from my old games.
MIV wrote:
Fireleaf wrote:Sphere-O II has different victory music :D

I meant the battle music. Too much trumpets for the feeling of thrill.

Sphere-O 2 will have ALL custom music. ( not SFX sadly)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am

About the story, if you like you can make improvements to it; maybe make a 'rebellion force', which includes you, and another that accepts their fate as inevitable, hoping for something like 'rebirth', thus preventing interference with 'God'(the artist)'s actions.
As the Artist was their creator, perhaps you can give some the misconception that he is their deity.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue May 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Interesting.
If i ever get around to updating Sphere-O i'll keep that in mind.
Hey 3.0 might actually turn out to be a full fledged game someday.

Got to UnBug the game though.
After i updated Map001 two versions ago..
My maps and interfaces went loopy... :roll:

Maybe one day i'll update.. ;)

Sphere - O version 3.0 (a.k.a) "epic" is in the making post your comments please.

-Skill Tree
Skilllz.JPG
new skill tree

-updated graphics
-more maps
-new death system
and MORE
Last edited by tuliron on Tue May 11, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Thu May 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Looks very interesting, any release date known?

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Mon May 17, 2010 3:58 pm

none yet. estimate might be a month or two.

-update
half the skill tree is running perfectly.
2 new maps
2 maps expanded.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue May 18, 2010 5:16 am

Nifty skill tree. Is the game going to be made any longer?

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue May 18, 2010 2:23 pm

metomunc wrote:Nifty skill tree. Is the game going to be made any longer?

Thanks, and yes i'm extending the game.

i was wondering if you guys wanted to just replace the new update i'm making for sphere-o with the old one.

In the update for Sphere-O
graphics totally changed.
more maps and not as linear gameplay.
Skill Tree.

The reason why i think it should not be replaced is:
The older version had more of a "personality" with it's graphics
Almost no bugs.
So people could play the old version.

(Does anyone know how to create a poll on an existing thread?)

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Wed May 19, 2010 3:56 am

Should be able to edit your first post and put a poll in (near Upload Attachments) but they may be disabled for this forum, I can't remember.

If you can't decide, you could always release the update as a different game so people had a choice.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed May 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Well i can't make a poll :?
So i'll just upload it as a seperate game. (unless someone strongly objects to it)

-Updates
-5 more maps.
-Slime Graphic GREATLY improved.
-Other Graphics Improved. (I'll post a before and after Screenshot when i think the new graphics look ok)

Right now i just have my maps drawn on a notebook paper. (I think better when i draw or write)

I'm having problems with the "Mug" skill.
"Change Money" to random number (0.01 - 1.25)
When i did this it would either add nothing or only add 1.
Any help guys?

mm001
001 Fanatic

Postby mm001 » Fri May 21, 2010 4:02 pm

I liked your game,has simple graphics implement very good.
congratulations, by game! ;)
We Are Fiend Club,We Are Fiend Club...Not You!! Not You!!!

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Sphere-O "Epic" In Development

Postby tuliron » Sat May 22, 2010 1:02 am

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Re: Sphere-O "Epic" In Development

Postby metomunc » Sat May 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Played all the way through and had myself a good time. I think I got killed more than five times because I kept fighting Deathos over and over again. I think this game is really awesome but it's a bit repeptative and lacks replay value. Adding things like alternate routes to get from place to place might be good. That way people won't have to take the same path over and over again. Really great game though. I found 0 bugs. :D Then again I didn't save or load-- I only played through in about 2 hours.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun May 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Haha glad you liked it too meto. :D
I know the game is very short and linear, but i plan to fix that with version epic.

I'm shocked you found 0 bugs though.
I thought Death Knight Freeze was glitched slightly.
I'm not sure if that was fixed yet. :?

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:37 am

Ooops I lied. There was a bug, but it wasn't too noticeable. When I got inside the fort the red and blue death knights were unable to move and I couldn't fight them. I had to jump over one to continue to the next room.

I love the giant pencil. I wish there was more stuff that went on with that-- like you walk into a map with no bad guys and then the artist scribbles on the page and you have to fight black scribbles. lol

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Hahahaha i like that idea, probably won't use it though cause i would have never thought of that. :D

I will make sure to fix that bug. :? A simple bug that i never got around to fixing.

UPDATES
-Reworking the Item Menu in combat.
-Fixing Magic Menu in Combat.
(Oh I hate complex combat interfaces) haha

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Are you going to change the visuals/fonts for your interfaces at all? I don't think there's a problem with them, I was just wondering.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Well some fonts look a little more "epic" ... and yeah the title menu is changed and i plan to make the HUD have borders and graphics.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Sweetness! I can't wait.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 am

i'm going to put up my new battle system in a few days.
Guys please try it out and leave a comment here.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Will do. :D

ITB
001 Subscriber

Re: Epic Sphere-O (Working Title)

Postby ITB » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:49 pm

I love the battle system your going with. It's really... Epic :o

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Hahaha thanks ;) gald you like it.

EDIT: The "magic killing" bug is fixed when the next Engine Update comes out
Last edited by tuliron on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:20 pm

The battle system is pretty much awesome, but I think you need to make it more versatile in the actual game. For instance have multiple sound effects play at randm instead of the same slash sound for damage.

If you make a player repeat the same action over and over, they can get tired of it real quick so it's good to spice things up a bit.
The only other suggestion I have right now is that you lower the contrast on some of your sprites. The rocks especially hurt my eyes.

I really am liking the whole using the enviroment to your advantage/disadvantage thing (more of that PLEASE! :D ). And the boss battles are pretty cool too. I'm guessing enemy attacks will get more versatile as they go.

P.S. Last thing I promise. The damage numbers showing up is good, but I sort of wish there was something else there. Maybe display enemies HP over theit head when they get hit or something. Just a suggestion. Overall, this is a great start to an epic game.

P.S.S. Loved the music too.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 am

metomunc wrote:The battle system is pretty much awesome, but I think you need to make it more versatile in the actual game. For instance have multiple sound effects play at randm instead of the same slash sound for damage.

Well that 'is very do-able. So that can be arranged.

metomunc wrote:The only other suggestion I have right now is that you lower the contrast on some of your sprites. The rocks especially hurt my eyes.

Do you mean the floor tiles at that waterfall area?

metomunc wrote:I really am liking the whole using the enviroment to your advantage/disadvantage thing (more of that PLEASE! :D ). And the boss battles are pretty cool too. I'm guessing enemy attacks will get more versatile as they go.

Yeah i threw that boss fight together on the fly. But multiple attacks, and healing when low. stuff like that. But glad you liked that random idea i had. :D

metomunc wrote:P.S. Last thing I promise. The damage numbers showing up is good, but I sort of wish there was something else there. Maybe display enemies HP over theit head when they get hit or something. Just a suggestion. Overall, this is a great start to an epic game.

Well if they're HP showed up above they're head it would defeat the purpose of the HP, MP, and Face Graphic to the right of the HUD (except no Face graphics have been drawn yet :-P) but thanks i'm glad the battle system demo is going well.

metomunc wrote:P.S.S. Loved the music too.

:D Thank you. I made it myself. The Title Music is not complete yet. But it's the best i can do right now.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:50 am

I agree everything Meto said. Nuff said.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 am

Both the floors and walls in that room with the water were too contrasted. Overall, everything seems a bit blown out colorwise. I would soften your contrast on just about all the tiles. If you don't know what I mean, I can post a screenshot so you get the idea.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 pm

If you can post a screen of what you think the rocks should look like then that would be great. Cause i'm not quite sure how to fix major contrast issues :oops:

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Easy to do. Download Paint.Net (it's a simple program similar to Photoshop, but like a hybrid between photoshop and MS paint). Copy and past your tile into a new picture and go to adjustments. Go to contrast. Change appropriately.

Low contrast basically means the difference between two colors isn't as noticeable.

High contrast means the difference is easy to see. Making the image sharp.

Namingway
001 Admirer

Postby Namingway » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:10 pm

hehe, epic TBB! Man, your game's awesome! I'm speechless!

It was very hard but i beat it too...
Attachments
beateeeen.jpg

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:19 pm

metomunc wrote:Easy to do. Download Paint.Net (it's a simple program similar to Photoshop, but like a hybrid between photoshop and MS paint). Copy and past your tile into a new picture and go to adjustments. Go to contrast. Change appropriately.

Low contrast basically means the difference between two colors isn't as noticeable.

High contrast means the difference is easy to see. Making the image sharp.

Well thanks,
new rocks.PNG
new rocks.PNG (953 Bytes) Viewed 2050 times

is this better?

Greg102 wrote:hehe, epic TBB! Man, your game's awesome! I'm speechless!

It was very hard but i beat it too...

The last fight is hard. But i wanted it to be as challenging as possible without giving people a hard time.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:36 pm

The darker one looks good. I'd have to see what they're next to though in order to tell if anything clashes.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:29 pm

A sphere.PNG

Here's the map with both the tiles on it

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah the white walls kinda pop out my eyes. The water is a bit bright too. Maybe match the colors on the large boulders for the walls. That will create some consistancy.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:29 pm

reoccuring name.PNG
Is this better?? I might darken the walls slightly more. I think the walls blend with the floor.

reoccuring name.PNG
Here's my new title screen

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:34 am

The title screen is good, just the borders are too bulky if you understand what I mean. The walls are good too, but I think it looks kinda weird because of the same color as ground... Oh well just ignore me!

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Well i will improve it later. (I just Downloaded GIMP 2 which is supposed to be a good editing program)
So I'll try my hand at it with that program. I did use Paint.Net tho to distort the walls and floors sorta... idk we'll just see what happens....
BTW doe anyone have a clue when next version of 001 comes out?.... I got to admit. I haven't worked on this at all cause i thought it was coming out soon.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:56 am

The correct answer is - Coming soon(TM)

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:32 pm

:-P ok ok.

Ok i'm going to try something new....
Instead of beta testing the game all by my loathsome self.
I'm going to get a few people to beta test.
Um, i think i'll have 5 spots.

If you want to beta test this game you need to:

A. dedicate a atleast 30 minutes to the game everyday.
B. Be able to report difficulty of game, bugs, and other important things.
C. Like playing the first Sphere-O. :lol: (not a requirement, but would be better)

If your interested post here.
I'll be accepting applications for a month then i'll pick 5. (or more....depends on my mood and how many apply)
Last edited by tuliron on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Re: Epic Sphere-O [- Apply for closed Beta-]

Postby metomunc » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:55 pm

I'd be glad to. Probably wouldn't be able to spend 30 minutes a day at it though. For ease could you please upload it in the games section and simple password protect the beginning or something? That would work best for me. Downloading from other sites is a bit cumbersome sometimes.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:16 pm

That was the plan :) I hate going to other websites to download games or read things..
So ya i can do that.
and i guess it'll be fine if you can't play for about 30 minutes a day. :?
It just means the de bugging process will take a while longer.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Any size estimate?

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:06 pm

I can! and yes I like the first Sphere - O I like FF aswell and I like tbb's
I might be able to spend 30 mins maybe less,but not on weekends.(I don't usually go on the computer on weekends)
That's the application. :)
Your 2nd applicant Indiana266

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Zhuge wrote:Any size estimate?

I'm guessing you mean file size? But no.
Can't give you an estimate now.
To early in the making.

Indiana 266 wrote:I can! and yes I like the first Sphere - O I like FF aswell and I like tbb's
I might be able to spend 30 mins maybe less,but not on weekends.(I don't usually go on the computer on weekends)
That's the application. :)
Your 2nd applicant Indiana266

;) alright. I'll add you to this list

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:33 pm

I mean, for the beta. I'd be willing to do it, if it's not too big.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:09 am

Well my plan is to release this on closed beta twice.
When i reach the half way mark in my game.
And when i finish the game.
Right now In the my documents. It says the file size is right now 94mb (wow...didn't know it was that big :shock: ) But I'm only in the first town in the making progress.

Well i'll keep you updated on the size if u want. (unless that's already too much for you)

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:44 am

I don't care,my computer is very fast,so is the internet.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Indiana 266 wrote:I don't care,my computer is very fast,so is the internet.

Well good :)

What is your size limit Zhuge?

and Do you guys think there should be an Overworld or No?

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Heh, 100 is alright. If it's literally massive... I won't. :P
I think the version you're using shows you what resources are not currently being used, and removes them from build. That should cut back on size.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:08 am

Me, me! I want CB!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:40 am

tuliron wrote:If you want to beta test this game you need to:

A. dedicate a atleast 30 minutes to the game everyday.
C. Like playing the first Sphere-O. :lol: (not a requirement, but would be better)

If your interested post here.
I'll be accepting applications for a month then i'll pick 5. (or more....depends on my mood and how many apply)

Do you meet these requirements, haraldx?

Zhuge wrote:Heh, 100 is alright. If it's literally massive... I won't. :P
I think the version you're using shows you what resources are not currently being used, and removes them from build. That should cut back on size.

Well i manually deleted all the sprites i wasn't going to use, except for vehicles :?
It might be the music. I'm using Ogg format for most of my music. I think 1 or 2 midi. And one Mp3.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:04 pm

tuliron wrote:A. dedicate a atleast 30 minutes to the game everyday.

A. 30minutes? You must be joking, I played the game for 3 hours straight!
B. Have I ever been silent when it comes to report anything?
C. Like? LIKE? I LOVE IT!!! Besides, it's the first TBB game on whole engine!

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:06 pm

haraldx wrote:
tuliron wrote:A. dedicate a atleast 30 minutes to the game everyday.

A. 30minutes? You must be joking, I played the game for 3 hours straight!
B. Have I ever been silent when it comes to report anything?
C. Like? LIKE? I LOVE IT!!! Besides, it's the first TBB game on whole engine!

Haha well ok love ur ethusiasm :lol:
I'll add you to the list.

A. Did it really take you 3 hours to beat the first game? :-P
B. NOPE 8)
C. Good lol, i thought you wanted to get in on this oppurtunity

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 am

tuliron wrote:A. Did it really take you 3 hours to beat the first game? :-P

Nope, I was just testing different character builds and trying to reach the max level, then I understood, that it will take too long :P To complete the game itself I needed about 1,2 h.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:18 pm

:shock: Wow, very nice. You'll defintely have a spot in the closed beta :lol:
Cause i need people to test out different classes and make sure all the "secret" spots are not to hard to find.
And that playing as a "mage" build doesn't make the game too hard or too easy.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:52 pm

What classes are there?(If it is a secret that is ok)
If there is a ranger/ninja/archer that's what I'll pick first,then soldier/warrior/fighter ect.
Then I would test it as a mage. :)

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 am

I hope you fix the skills/magics, because in older versions, skills did exact number of damage (not being affected by skill points, armor etc.). I have a feeling that this game is about to become almost like the ones sold on Steam, just for free :P. Keep up the good work! Waiting for beta :)

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:03 pm

Well the way the game is going to run. It's pretty simple.
3 Classes to chose from at the beginning. Warrior, Mage, or Rogue. (All this does right now is affect Stats)
Later in the game i plan to branch out.

Warriors becoming a Death Knight, or Defender--- (Rune Knight)
Mages becoming Healer or Elementalist--- (Wizard)
Rogues becoming Assassin or a Theif ---(Ninja)

(I might make a 3rd tier)

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:49 am

tuliron wrote:Well the way the game is going to run. It's pretty simple.
3 Classes to chose from at the beginning. Warrior, Mage, or Rogue. (All this does right now is affect Stats)
Later in the game i plan to branch out.

Warriors becoming a Death Knight, or Defender--- (Rune Knight)
Mages becoming Healer or Elementalist--- (Wizard)
Rogues becoming Assassin or a Theif ---(Ninja)

(I might make a 3rd tier)

:D :D

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:41 pm

haraldx wrote:I hope you fix the skills/magics, because in older versions, skills did exact number of damage (not being affected by skill points, armor etc.). I have a feeling that this game is about to become almost like the ones sold on Steam, just for free :P. Keep up the good work! Waiting for beta :)

Yeah Magic is a stat now lol and Double Strike is affected by your actual atk power.
And what games do you mean? Cause i'm kinda curious
and Thanks :)

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:11 pm

And what games do you mean? Cause i'm kinda curious

I was just reffering that your game is excelent and if you work harder, altough indie, it could be a game sold for profit (actually you need subscription to sell games, but whatever), catch my drift? :lol:

and Thanks :)

No prob :lol:
Last edited by haraldx on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Well maybe not this one. But maybe in the future you guys will see a Sphere-O that actually can be sold. ;)

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:34 pm

oooh cool!

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Updates? When will beta come out?

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:48 pm

He lost it so he has to start almost all the way over.

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Yup, he had a horrible computer death.
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Re: *HALTED* Epic Sphere-O [- Apply for closed Beta-]

Postby tuliron » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:24 pm

Well .... i lost only a few months of work .... but i will immediatly get back on this in a year (when i get the computer )
Sorry .. :?

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:18 am

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:36 pm

:lol: Made my day!
Still sad that this project got halted though. :(

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:21 am

Utter shame man, hope it gets back on track. ;)

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:11 pm

:lol: TOO Funny
Rico wrote:Utter shame man, hope it gets back on track. ;)

Well i'm continuing working on the project....just with a Notebook and Pen :-P
I've already got a new title for the game and 3 races. Each specializing in a certain stat.

Sphere-O : The New World
& the races are
Spherians, Blockorons, and Prismese.

Maybe by the time i get my new computer, I'll have my whole game planned out.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Re: *HALTED* Sphere-O : The New World

Postby Indiana 266 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:54 am

*bump*

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:37 pm

Just thought you should know ....
I got my cousins old computer.
So i might be getting back into game making really soon :)
(It's sad that i haven't got to see all the new stuff in the program yet)
Anyways, i'm going to check out this computer now.
Hope you guys still want this game. :?

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:39 pm

I do!

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Duh I bumped it for a reason, now I hope we see this game back in action! We all wana see it!

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:01 pm

:lol:
Mike wrote:I do!
Indiana 266 wrote:Duh I bumped it for a reason, now I hope we see this game back in action! We all wana see it!

Well that's encouraging. Sadly i having problems with the graphic's card driver(s) :(
So you guys might have to wait a little bit longer.

ITB
001 Subscriber

Postby ITB » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Poo :(

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby haraldx » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:42 am

Glad to hear something from you! I will always be waiting for this games beta, so I can get my fingers on it! Don't rush it tho, make everything perfect!

tuliron
001 Fanatic

Postby tuliron » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:45 pm

No problemo. I always put my best into my games ;)
and don't worry about me leaving. I don't think i'll leave 001 ever.
(unless 001 dies, God forbid haha)
or (I get a professional job as a game maker and don't have spare time anymore)

Return to Completed Games