Input on Xbox 360 or Wii.... Suggestions please

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
jonahnmei

Input on Xbox 360 or Wii.... Suggestions please

Postby jonahnmei » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:36 pm

Ok so I just moved to San Diego, and it is looking like I am going to be here much longer than anticipated. I also have a place with a decent amount of room. So this opens up the door for getting a new console . The DS is nice, but I need something bigger.

I know the most common response to questions like this is: Get what you want to get, other people can't tell you what to get. Those aren't very helpful responses.

I'm asking you all, because the people here are full of gaming knowledge and insight and it will help me weigh the pros and cons.

I'm debating on getting the Red Wii bundle or the Resident Evil Xbox 360. I in no way need either of these, and it strictly me spoiling myself. I own a Wii and PS3 already. My gf is watching over them for me. I don't want to take them from her, because then I would have no excuse for buying one of these.

My thoughts on both of these:

I already own the black Wii. I love the Wii, Nintendo fanboy. I've been searching for an excuse to buy the Red Wii. I'm a sucker for special edition hardware, even more so for anything Mario. Plus I have the 25th anniversary DS so this would compliment it well .

Resident Evil 360:

Umm.... I've never owned a 360. The RE 360 is supposed to have the Jasper board, which is supposed to be the board with "most" of the errors fixed. I'm speaking out my ass here, but this seems to be what I have read. So this would somewhat alleviate my worries for the 360 crapping out on me. It's red and that is awesome! Big HDD, HDMI. Much more expensive than the red Wii.

My main attraction to the 360 would be Halo , come on it's great multiplayer. And also the XBLA. There are some great downloadable games I would love to have. Plus I don't have one, where as I already have a Wii.

So I'm just looking for any insight from you all. What would you do in this case? What do you recommend from experiences?

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts! Thanks everyone.

ITB
001 Subscriber

Re: Input on Xbox 360 or Wii.... Suggestions please

Postby ITB » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Personally, I'd buy an Xbox 360 over a Wii any day.

Xbox has Halo, Gears, God of War, Left 4 Dead, all the great games.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:56 pm

I have a Wii, but I recommend the Xbox 360. I think it has better games and online play.

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:37 pm

Sounds like money is no issue, plus you already have a Wii... 360 all the way and buy as many good games as you can. Lots of good games + awesome online play = infinitely more entertainment than a Wii could offer you.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 am

Depending on your situation financially

Wii= you buy what games you don't have and add them to your collection when you get home
360= buy all new games. I prefer Black ops over halo :P

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 am

360 Slim. Don't worry about Kinect until it actually has good games for it.

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:17 am

In_the_Bushes wrote:Xbox has, God of War,

God of War is a Playstation exclusive.
DOOF

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:49 am

Ovoon wrote:
In_the_Bushes wrote:Xbox has, God of War,

God of War is a Playstation exclusive.

I think he wanted to say Gears again. :lol:
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

ITB
001 Subscriber

Postby ITB » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh Geezuz I'm sorry folks.

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:57 am

I would say a PS3 ... Wii and XBOX dont have Blu Ray which for games is not that much but makes for a good DVD player to boot. Me, I will stick to PC always, I dont take a game at face value anymore, I have GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas and nothing in them is what came with them. New missions, all real model vehicles. ALso some people say .. PC wont get this game or that game ever. yes it will it always gets everything a console ever got. Plus the ping for online play console VS a PC .. no contest. :roll: a console is a fixed medium while a PC can be modded as well. The price of any console today can buy a faster PC with limitless options. As for viruses ... anything using windows based software is vulnerable to a virus and I mean ANYTHING from a console to a cell phone so that leaves that out as a reason. No user serviceable parts in a console, nothing a user cant do with a PC. Heck I could go for hours and every time a PC will outweigh a console. And not Alienware that is garbage, you can build better, faster, and prettier from Newegg, pricewatch and tiger sites. A PC selling for $2000 that is sooooo 1996. :lol: Portability? Laptop. Go with a good computer. 8)
September 13, 1999 was a hell of a day to quit smoking and drinking!

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:14 am

Yea, I just spent $600 on a beastly machine that can run anything and everything at the same time on the highest graphics setting. It's valued currently at about $950 in terms of hardware. It just goes to show that if you look in the right places you can get an amazing computer for dirt cheap. By the way, my specs double that of a $1600-1800 macbook. And costs just as much as the cheapest model of iPad. Y'know, the technology that people bought as a laptop. :P

I wouldn't get a second Wii just to get a different color, thats silly. :P I also wouldn't get an Xbox either, they're way too expensive. Xbox LIVE is $60 a year, the wireless antenna is $60 and the machine itself costs allot and it's a piece of junk. However theres allot more games than the PS3, and theres more bargain bin selection. But the exclusives aren't anything to buy the console over. Halo is vastly overrated in my opinion and Gears of War has been bested many times since it came out on 06. I've been a hardcore 360 gamer for years, my gamerscore was 58,000. I wouldn't go back to that console if you paid me. :P

For christmas I'm getting a PS3, I'm gonna stick with that one for a while, I dunno about you, but if it's not run by Microsoft than it's good to go.
DOOF

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:23 am

Xbox360:

I suggest Amazon if you don't mind buying used hardware. You may be skeptical, but buying used isn't as bad as you think. Most the users on Amazon are good sellers, and all the used goods I have purchased have been in great quality.

You can get an Xbox360 Pro 20gb(The white one) for 150$. Say you have a 300$ budget, you could spend the rest of that on games that are half retail price(or lower), but used on Amazon.(Most likely getting 5-6 of them)

But you said you wanted the RE bundle. I would pick the 360 so you can enjoy a different experience, since you already have a Wii.

Recommended Games:
TES IV: Oblivion
Red Faction Guerrilla
For random killing fun, GTA V

Or any of those over-hyped FPS games, I guess.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:26 am

Dunce wrote:Or any of those over-hyped FPS games, I guess.

This.
Be sure not to take the opinion of somebody who thinks that Halo, Call of Duty and Crackdown are the only good games on the 360. :P

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:51 am

I think it's all in your perspective, I don't mind spending 60$ for Xbox internet, it's much easier to get Xbox live than it is to order the same computer games. :roll:
I don't really care what you get. PC will always be able to do more things, until they merge them all and forget about competition.

Return to General Discussion