Saving Items

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Alexfare
001 Subscriber

Saving Items

Postby Alexfare » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:41 am

So, I am working on a game with the MMO pack, And Having issues figuring out why items wont save? When someone logs they lose all items in their inventory and equipped.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Saving Items

Postby Mr.Numbers » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:05 pm

The reason is likely due to not properly implementing the item giving code. In the MMORPG template you do not use the default "Add/remove item" events, but rather have to use the custom events. If you look at the actor "Buddy Bob" on the "Beach" map in the default template, it shows you how to easily add some item giving code.

Server Side Code:

Add Remove Item Code:

Basically you need to use the "Add Remove Item" custom event under the "Server" section, ON the server side of code. Otherwise the item will appear on the client, but the server will not acknowledge that the player actually owns that item.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Return to Technical Support Questions