A good game hosting website

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

A good game hosting website

Postby JimmySterylian » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi everyone. Can anyone suggest a good and popular website where I can host and sell my games? Not a complicated one, I mean one that you don't have to do many more things than create an account and upload content.

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: A good game hosting website

Postby AnvilHouse » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:54 pm

Well first off...to sell, monetize, market your games, you need to purchase an 001 subscription (which includes the license to sell your games and content)

However, if you would like to share your games for free, you can do that as much as you want.

Your free games can be shared and uploaded into the 001 Games section on the main site along with other sites like ModDB, IndieDB, Desura, or Eugor. Another alternative is signing up for a dropbox or free cloud service and link to it on pretty much any site if you talk and negotiate with site admins.

After obtaining your subscription, the best places to share and sell your games would be on IndieDB and Desura, then apply to Steam for your game to go into Greenlight status.

If you have a large following, advertising your games through Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, LinkedIn, etc. is a must. Many services are out there that can help with getting your profile out there...but that is something down the line that should worry you until you have a working set of preview material for your game or project.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :D

Hope this helps ;)
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Postby JimmySterylian » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:28 pm

AnvilHouse wrote:Well first off...to sell, monetize, market your games, you need to purchase an 001 subscription (which includes the license to sell your games and content)

However, if you would like to share your games for free, you can do that as much as you want.

Your free games can be shared and uploaded into the 001 Games section on the main site along with other sites like ModDB, IndieDB, Desura, or Eugor. Another alternative is signing up for a dropbox or free cloud service and link to it on pretty much any site if you talk and negotiate with site admins.

After obtaining your subscription, the best places to share and sell your games would be on IndieDB and Desura, then apply to Steam for your game to go into Greenlight status.

If you have a large following, advertising your games through Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, LinkedIn, etc. is a must. Many services are out there that can help with getting your profile out there...but that is something down the line that should worry you until you have a working set of preview material for your game or project.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :D

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks a lot man! Really helped!

Oldschool_Wolf

Postby Oldschool_Wolf » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:51 pm

I use Game Jolt to host all my projects, they give you 30% of the ad revenue they earn from the page clicks of your game.
It's an excellent tool for communicating with people who play your game, though I've only earned $2.40 in two years.
So your game will have to be insanely popular to make a lot.

Return to General Discussion