Latest update corrupting random files?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
skullboy99
001 Enthusiast

Latest update corrupting random files?

Postby skullboy99 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:59 am

Hello. So I have quite a serious issue going on here and I'm worried this latest update is going to completely break my game.

So basically I opened up my game to check on things, as I noticed that a specific menu could not be opened. I tried opening it's backup file, same thing. So I remade the entire menu, only to realize that another menu had been corrupted, why by the way, before I had re-made the menu that WAS corrupt, I navigated through all of the other menu's to make sure nothing else was corrupted. I'm way too scared that other files will become corrupt so I'm staying off of the project until hopefully the next update comes and maybe fixes this.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I know it's not a problem with my game because my previous version plays JUST fine, which I had changed absolutely nothing since then, all of this started to happen when the new 001 update had released.

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Re: Latest update corrupting random files?

Postby JimmySterylian » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:57 am

I've had the same issue but as Mike informed me everything's been fixed for next update, do not worry as nothing's really been corrupted and you proly haven't lost anything.

http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29590

skullboy99
001 Enthusiast

Re: Latest update corrupting random files?

Postby skullboy99 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:02 am

JimmySterylian wrote:I've had the same issue but as Mike informed me everything's been fixed for next update, do not worry as nothing's really been corrupted and you proly haven't lost anything.

http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29590

Alrighty, that's very excellent to hear. Thanks for letting me know!

Return to Technical Support Questions