Elder Scrolls Online

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
SBG
001 Subscriber

Elder Scrolls Online

Postby SBG » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Looks good. Might be the first MMO I actually play. I'm 100% a single player kind of guy, but how could I resist being able to go to any province of TES in one current gen game?

Plus an updated Morrowind? I'll take it!

You guys arn't interested in this? :?

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Postby Scaveleon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:56 pm

I am so much against turning this series into an MMO. I feel it's a horrible decision for a franchise that's been singleplayer in about 15 years now.

Look at how it went with the Warcraft series. Even if I didn't play or even liked it, the Warcraft strategy games were a great series, but the introduction of World of Warcraft eliminated any chances of an RTS sequel. Years will pass, and the developers, facing problems with a declining interest, will be desperate to haul in a new player base. Eventually, the storyline will end, and any chance of continuation (that is canon) will require shutting down the MMO game, which will cause the remaining playerbase to rage and quit the series.

Then again, I am an oldschool gamer, and now that they've already made the decision to take this direction, I would like to support the project simply because of the franchise.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

SBG
001 Subscriber

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Postby SBG » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:43 pm

I don't think this will ruin the franchise. Obviously this won't be as successful as Skyrim and Oblivion, and I'm sure Bethesda knows this. So I doubt they would kill off worlds most popular and successful single player WRPG for an MMO. MMOs had their heyday when WoW was at it's peak, but that day has passed.

Return to General Discussion