Fortress

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
rikuto148
Distinguished 001 Member

Fortress

Postby rikuto148 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:59 pm

I made a quick game just for the sake of getting one out lol...i know bad but eh.

The point of the game is to select offense or defense and to either defend or attack a castle. So far i was able to do offense and it works pretty well although still some bugs to figure out. but i will prob release this weekend or at least a demo.

Offense: You start opposite the castle and you use the enter button to call up men to fight. it costs you money to summon. So far its only 5guys, 10guys, 15guys, or 20guys. Idk what else to put in there any suggestions.

Defense: You start next to the castle and press enter to bring up a selection of what to buy...nothing on this yet ill wing it.

So once the game is released ill take recomandations and ill also update a few things that i personally know need to be changed
I will draw up characters items: clothes ect... Just pm me with the item and a decscripion or picture =)
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Re: Fortress

Postby metomunc » Fri May 14, 2010 1:19 am

Sounds cool. I tried doing this once. I'd suggest utilizing interfaces for selecting troops and defenses and stuff like that.

For offense maybe you could make a catapult that throws rocks on the castle from a distance. (make a character that looks like a catapult and give it a projectile weapon that arcs up in the air.

For defense you could buy archers (characters that shoot arrows) and traps (that immediately destroy attackers on the field ... maybe explosives or something.
Who should I really listen to?

rikuto148
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby rikuto148 » Sat May 15, 2010 6:57 am

actually that sounds good. tho im having problems with the troops i used group members and when they die i cant respawn more so any sugestions for that? maybe a timer with a trigger to when i order new guys?
I will draw up characters items: clothes ect... Just pm me with the item and a decscripion or picture =)
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sat May 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Yeah you're definately going to want to use timers to spawn troops. Just use events that turn them on and off and reset them and get rid of their delays at the beginning of each timer unless you want time before the troops begin appearing.
Who should I really listen to?

Return to Games In Progress