The Last of Us

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

The Last of Us

Postby kerub » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:14 am

Grabbed it yesterday (I work in a video store and we usually get games a few days before official release) and I just gotta say it's awesome. I'm a few hours in and I'm having a hard time putting the controller down. The prologue sequence grabs you immediately because it establishes the back story so well and introduces the main character in a pretty uncommon yet intriguing way (SPOILER: You play his daughter when apocalypse strikes and need flee with him and his brother). Gameplay is nice too, I'm just missing dialogue choices as in The Walking Dead. Transition between free roaming and combat is very fluent and the combat system is fun, too. And by the way, there is no (or very basic) auto aim. I was confused by this first because mostly all third person action games use auto aim to a certain point this day, but the absence here definitely adds to the tension and realism of combat. I can definitely recommend this to anyone interested.

Anyone already playing this awesome game? What do you think?

SBG
001 Subscriber

Re: The Last of Us

Postby SBG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm jealous of you. I hate it when amazing games like this are exclusive to one console.

I'm strongly considering buying a PS3 now to play this and GTAV.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:16 pm

I'm just going to get a PS4 and wait, because it's inevitable they will port this to the PS4.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:20 pm

95/100 on metacritc? How did I miss this game?
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:53 pm

I've been hearing about it for almost a year, so I don't know, haha.

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Re: AW: The Last of Us

Postby kerub » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:37 am

Deedasmi wrote:I'm just going to get a PS4 and wait, because it's inevitable they will port this to the PS4.

I wouldn't bet on a port. Actually, the devs said the game was always PS3 only and there where never any plans to release it for PS4. It might become available on PS4 through streaming, though.

Return to General Discussion