pixel slender

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
larynachos

pixel slender

Postby larynachos » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:51 pm

i've got a great idea: a 2d slender game. the problem is, i dont have a clue how to program or animate. i have great ideas, and im okay at making tiles and characters, but im still really bad at putting the game together. anyone want to collab? email me at(Removed link due to games section rules.), explaining what you can and cant do to help this game. some ideas:

-a game launcher with automatic updates (new levels, bug fixes, patches, etc.) i know this one will be hard, so put it off to the side

-online multiplayer (even harder; off to the side)

i can make the sounds and music as well. i'll update this thread with music, sounds, art, and maybe even the finished product.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: pixel slender

Postby Fireleaf » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:54 pm

What is slender for those of us who don't know?

I can give you some rules that help with making maps, but I've got a full plate as far as projects go.
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Slender is an indie game made with Unity that is based on Slenderman.

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:57 pm

I think multiplayer would ruin the atmosphere of the games, most of the scariness in Slender comes from being alone in the woods.
Automatic updates aren't possible as far as I know except maybe with sub version hmm...
I don't see much difficulty in making this game but I think you should share more of your ideas on how you want to do it, when I first played Slender even though I knew what was coming it still gave me goosebumps recreating this feeling in a 2D Slender game will be difficult but I'm here to offer advice.

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Postby Not Me » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 pm

I've never played Slender, but I'd guess it would be easier to pull off if you use a small resoloution (or big sprites :P ). I'm pretty busy myself, although I'm sure everybody (myself included) is willing to help if you have any scripting questions.
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

macrostrata
001 Admirer

Postby macrostrata » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:18 am

Noone would collaborate

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:27 am

Bit rough.

Return to Games In Progress