X-Pong (Unconfirmed)

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

X-Pong (Unconfirmed)

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:03 am

PROGRESS |||||||||||||||||||| 4%

Following Rico's premier of 'Pong Vr 1' in 2011, I have decided to take on the renovation of the world's first-ever video game, published by Atari in 1972, into my own hands. The task at hand is to not simply challenge myself into re-creating a legendary title, but to renovate the concept ever so slightly to make it more visually appealing and more challenging for the dedicated minds. All this, while keeping the pixel style (with a modern taste) and the true meaning of the 42 year-old game. It may be a lost jewel, but it will never be forgotten.

Development News
- 6 | 21 | 15 -

Over the last few days I haven't had too much time to work on X-Pong, but in it's current state from initial progress, X-Pong is turning out well with solid visuals and smooth PvP gameplay. AI development is rather slow, as no one way of approaching the idea seems effective, but I have gathered new ideas which I will be putting to the test this upcoming week when time permits. On the side of all this, interface planning is on the way.

Thoughts
Ranting...

X-Pong is probably not the most original name that one could ever come up with, but it explains itself quite well. 'X', as referred to an 'ex', emphasizes the past, while 'Pong' remains the original truth. Together, the name sounds well to my ears, but thoughts in regards to that would always be welcome. As far as the game is concerned in general, I have no doubt that I'll be able to rework the classic. The question at hand though, is whether or not I'll be able to make it better than the original. Rumors say, that many times the 'original' is what stays, all else is pure fantasy and never as good as the first. Is it true? I guess we're all about to find out. What made me consider Pong as a potential project was firstly my desire to come back and work on another official project. Too many concepts, too many words, and too many hours have gone by in the past with no significant meaning. It was about time to end those days. What comes with Pong is really what stays with Pong. I have no intentions at the moment to follow a 'revolutionary' pathway, but I believe that the Engine001 Community deserves a title that all will be proud to say was made with... Engine001: The Engine For Your Imagination. My confidence is perhaps the last thing to be questioned, but this is exactly why the rest is all up to you; the reader and the player. I hope to hear from you guys, as it concerns thoughts and ideas, they will always be welcome. On my end however, I will do the best that I can to meet and exceed your expectations.

If I can further say, the journey has just started, but this one will not be overly lengthy. I will be posting project updates weekly, every Friday or so, so keep an eye out for those if this project appeals to you from the reading. Screenshots will be posted upon an initial Early Alpha Access build, for confidentiality reasons. The date of release is currently unknown.

Join The Team

(The Beta Testing Recruitment Period is Currently on Close)

Follow/Share/Subscribe

If this project sounds worthy of your time, don't forget to click the Subscribe Topic button at the bottom of this page. Have an awesome day! :-D

Contents of this page are subject to change.
Last edited by RamchuK_Ntertainment on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Danny
001 Forum Master

Re: X-Pong (Unconfirmed)

Postby Danny » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:28 am

I used to love that game when i was a kid :D I would be more than happy to beta test for you, i spend nearly all my time using 001 :D

-13+ Years Old
-Evidence of Engine001 Experience (001 Projects)

27 years old so i pass that :D
Evidence of 001 projects? I will let you figure that one out.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: X-Pong (Unconfirmed)

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Thank you for your interest Danny! If anything, I will PM you near the end of June with more details.

Last bumped by RamchuK_Ntertainment on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:30 pm.
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Return to Games In Progress