Can't test my game

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
RobBuck01

Can't test my game

Postby RobBuck01 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:06 pm

It won't let me test/play my game for some reason. When I click the "play map" button then click on anywhere on the map to begin, it doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this problem and if so, how do I fix it? Thanks.
Livin' in an 8-bit world

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Can't test my game

Postby Mr.Numbers » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:09 am

Have you tried re-installing the engine? Also if you have any anti-viruses running you can try disabling them as they may be blocking 001 due to false positives. Be sure to have your anti-virus disabled when you re-install as well.

This is especially apparent if you're using Avast! as of late it has been a bit super-sensitive and has been blocking 001. If disabling your anti-virus solves the issue you can just whitelist the 001 folder (Default is C:\Programs\001 Game Creator\ I think?)
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

RobBuck01

Postby RobBuck01 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:33 pm

I went ahead and reinstalled everything (I disabled windows defender. As far as I know, I don't have any other anti virus software on my laptop) Still won't allow me to test/play my game. I wonder if there's an external program I need like flash player or directx?
Livin' in an 8-bit world

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:10 am

Hmm, you could try updating your graphics driver perhaps? As well, make sure that the game window isn't behind the 001 window, I doubt this is the issue but its a possibility :P

As well, can you do a "Test Game"? Does this work? Do 001 games even play for you?
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

RobBuck01

Postby RobBuck01 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:41 pm

001 games I download work just fine. And no, the "Test Game" function doesn't work either. When I try and "play" or "test", the screen "thinks" as though it were to load the game...but then stops. All my drivers are up to date too.
Livin' in an 8-bit world

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:19 am

Can you navigate to this folder and let me know if you're missing any of these files?

RobBuck01

Postby RobBuck01 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Here's mine. Although for some reason the Engine001.exe.MANIFEST file is showing as an internet explorer file..??

Also, here are the files within the "Map" folder. Maybe I'm missing something in here...?
Attachments
2016-11-16 (2).png
2016-11-16 (1).png
2016-11-16.png
Livin' in an 8-bit world

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:17 am

I've taken a look at your project. Your default Map is "Dark Void" which is set up to start pitch black. I've had no problems playing/testing other Maps however.

Can you confirm this happens for other projects as well? (including newly created projects) or is this problem specific to this project? You've mentioned you can play downloaded 001 games fine but I assume these are not being opened in the editor/tested via the editor itself?
Lee - 001 Community Manager

RobBuck01

Postby RobBuck01 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:43 pm

So now it won't let me play downloaded games anymore. And no, the downloaded games were not tested/played in the actual editor.

None of the maps load for me. When I click "test" or "play" on any of the maps, and click on the area in the map to start playing, the editor "thinks" for about two seconds, then does nothing. It automatically goes back into editing mode. And this DOES happen for all other projects as well, both new projects and also the demo projects that came with the editor.

You mentioned that you were able to make it work on your end. So that leads me to believe I might be missing some sort of important file on my end. I uninstalled 001 Game Creator, turned off all virus protection programs, and then reinstalled everything again, but this did not solve the issue.

One thing I should maybe mention. For a long while, I could not even start 001 Game Creator at all. When I would download the program, and try to run it, I would get an error message that said, "001 Map has stopped working. Windows will try to find a solution to the problem" or something along those lines, and then would crash/auto quit the program. I did some research and found people playing RPG Maker were experiencing similar issues, and that the cause of it was due to a missing file - "opengl32.dll" was missing. So I downloaded that specific file, and placed it in the "map" folder inside the 001 Game Creator folder. Everything worked then. But now I can't test my games....so I'm wondering if either a) that file I added is causing the problem somehow or b) I'm still missing some sort of important file somewhere. What do you think?
Livin' in an 8-bit world

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Try placing that file inside the "Engine" folder as well. This will likely resolve your issue!

By the sounds of things, you're likely missing this .dll file in your system32 folder. I recall there being a way to manually register that .dll file so you don't experience this issue in the future, however I don't remember the CMD command.

EDIT:
After a little bit of googling, came across some steps to resolve this issue.

Copy opengl32.dll to c:\windows\system32

Type cmd in search it will search cmd.exe, right click and click Run as Administrator

It will show a prompt at c:\windows\system32

type
Code: Select all
regsvr32 opengl32.dll
to register the .dll

RobBuck01

Postby RobBuck01 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:16 pm

That did the trick. Everything works fine now :) Thanks so much!!
Last edited by RobBuck01 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Livin' in an 8-bit world

Return to Technical Support Questions