Platformer slope help SOLVED

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Save_us.222
001 Enthusiast

Platformer slope help SOLVED

Postby Save_us.222 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:10 am

Hello. I'm having trouble with my platformer game.

As you can see in the uploaded image, I've eliminated half of my platform tile to create a diagonal effect. Unfortunately, the game still treats the erased part as half of the square. I have highlighted the "square" in red so you can see what I'm talking about.

How can I truly eliminate the empty space so that my character will treat the area more like a slope and less like a blocky mountain?
Attachments
a.png
a.png (361 Bytes) Viewed 424 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.45 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Last edited by Save_us.222 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lee
001 Support

Re: Platformer slope help

Postby Lee » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:13 am

How have you set up the collision for the slope? Does the character move up the slope or do you have to jump onto each tile individually?
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:12 am

Go to the tileset editor, find your tile thats sloped and click it once to highlight it, then go to the box to the left called "Collision" that as a "Edit" button and dropdown menu next to it, go to the dropdown menu, select custom then click edit, now you can edit the collision as you need. I recommend you use polygon collision.
Attachments
untitled.PNG

Save_us.222
001 Enthusiast

Postby Save_us.222 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Lee wrote:How have you set up the collision for the slope? Does the character move up the slope or do you have to jump onto each tile individually?

You have to jump on each individual tile. The tile is currently set to "wall", because my character appears to jump through lower and upper objects.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:48 pm

You'll need to set your slope up as a Lower-Object and then do as Danny posted, and set up a polygonal collision.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Save_us.222
001 Enthusiast

Postby Save_us.222 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Thanks for all of the help! It turns out that I needed to switch the viewpoint from 45 degrees to front view in the polygon collision editor.

Return to Technical Support Questions