A Random Story

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Dunce
001 Forum Master

A Random Story

Postby Dunce » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:20 pm

I wrote this earlier in the Twist My Wish! topic on another forum I go to. Its completely awesome.

(This is me granting the previous person's wish)
Granted but in the process of granting your wish your mother comes into the room and tells you you have a phone call. You pick up the phone and ask who is calling. The person on the other line says "You must come down to ..." then they pause for a few seconds and you here papers shifting. "...Hmm. I know I have the name written down somewhere, ah! I have found it. You must come down to O' Reilly Auto Parts to claim your prize!" Knowing it was a scam since you never signed up for it, you say ok and hang up.

You go back to your computer to wait for your wish to be granted and browse the web for a few hours. Its already 10 pm so you decide its time to sleep. You lay in your bed staring up at your ceiling remember randoms things about the day. You remember the call about your prize from O' Riley Auto parts, and how much of a scam that seemed like. You begin to play with the thought, what if you actually won something? What if you did sign up for this but forgot? What is the prize? You fall asleep.

While slipping from dream to dream you come to one that is more real than the others. You are in your home, and you can see yourself at the computer desk. Your mom comes in and tells you you have a phone call. You realize that this dream is of what happened earlier that day. You follow yourself to the phone. The dream you gets all excited screams "Yes! Mom, I won the prize from the O' Riley Auto Parts raffle I entered!" You start think, why am I getting excited about this scam? Your dream self grabs the car keys and runs out to the car and drives off. You couldn't catch up to him, but somehow your dream takes you to O' Riley Auto parts as your dream self is just pulling up into the parking lot.

You follow him as he walks through the front door and he is greeted by one of the employees. He tells the man that he is here about the raffle, and told him that he won the prize. The man says "Well, congratulations! Follow me!" we follow the man out the front door and to the other side of the building. Wait for us was a brand new car. "Here it is! Your brand new car..." At that moment you wake up. Its morning so you get up and get ready for the day. In the back of your mind you are remembering your dream, it was so vivid, so real that you remember it almost completely.

As the day goes on you begin to wonder if the call was really a scam or not. So much so that you finally give in and go check it out. You pull up into the parking lot and enter the front door. The same man from your dream greets you at the door. You tell the man that you had received a call yesterday about winning a prize and was asked to come here. The man understands and leads you to the same car from your dream. The man says, "Here it is! Your brand new carburetor!" Your heart sinks. You knew there was no way that you won a car from an Auto Parts store, but you wanted to believe your dream. "But that's not all!" Wait there's more? Suddenly you cheer right back up and follow the man.

He leads you into the back of the store to a room. He opens it up and the lights are off, but you follow him inside anyways. The door shuts behind you and you begin to freak out. You ask the man what is going on. The lights come back on. All around you is people that are right up in your face staring at you. They all keep saying in unison, "Why didn't you come sooner, we asked you to come yesterday". You begin to freak out even more and push your way through them to the door. The door is locked. You turn around with your back to the door and everyone in there is staring at you repeating the same thing over. Then finally the all stop. The man who lead you here came up to you and said "Be cause you didn't come yesterday, I invaded your dream and I lead you here thinking you had won a car. In reality you didn't really win a car, but I needed a way to get you here."

You are confused. How could this man invade your dream? The man walks closer to you with an evil look on his face. "There's only one more thing I have to say to you..." He whispers into your ear, "Tuna Fish, that is all." You suddenly wake up in a cold sweat and realize you are in your bed. Was it a dream? You get up and check that the clock says 9am. You go downstairs to your computer to check the date. It is the day after the phone call. You are overcome with relief for it truly was a dream. You go about the day and dinner time comes around. You ask your mother what is for dinner and she says "Tuna Fish, that is all."..........

patatoface
001 Forum Master

Re: A Random Story

Postby patatoface » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:41 am

:lol: what? that makes little to no sense at all :razz:

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:50 pm

Haha I know, its pretty funny.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:17 am

SOOOOO random! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:24 am

That was kinda creepy...

Nice storytelling though. :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:33 am

Haha, it was meant to be stupid funny in an absolutely serious way.

Return to General Discussion