New/Inquiry about hiring!

New to the forums? Going on vacation? Leaving forever? Tell us!
Azurean

New/Inquiry about hiring!

Postby Azurean » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:22 am

Hi all! Just finished the very basic tutorial for 001 and had a lot of fun even just learning that little bit! My original intention was to get some sort of 2D game made based on my Qausi-Sci-Fi Story. I figured 001 would be the perfect engine to make that happen on my own but even so it will take a lot of extra time that i don't have right now. That's not to say I won't be tinkering around and learning more of this program in the first place, however, I was wondering right off the bat how possible it is to get more experienced developers involved in making a game with the 001 engine? I would of course go through all the correct hoops, like subscribing before any sort of selling was going on, etc. And fear not, i've dealt with amateur game making programs/communities (Game Maker, FPSC Creator, etc) before and I know by now that this sort of "hi my name is _____ please make me a game now" behavior is usually unwanted but in the same way that I don't have extra time to enter smilies in this post to make it more fun, I don't have the extra time to really find my mantra in game development by the time I would really love to have a game out.

So while this certainly isn't an actual project inquiry, I just wanted to know how that sort of thing generally works out with 001 and the community of developers.

Thanks for your time and since you gave me some of your time, i'll even include a smilie: :D

SBG
001 Subscriber

Re: New/Inquiry about hiring!

Postby SBG » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Game development subcontracting. I don't see any problem with that here.

Actually I've been looking for someone like you I think. I've been wanting to develop a game commercially, I just don't have the resources to do it. I know my way around the engine quite a bit. I'm capable of developing a commercial quality game in a few different genres. PM me if you want to discuss it further(with me, that is).

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Re: New/Inquiry about hiring!

Postby serrafina » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Welcome to the forums! :)

I can also vouch for SBG. He is quite gifted and talented with the engine.

Return to Hello, Away, Goodbye