~The Rangers of Glidien~ V1.0

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
JJ1009
001 Supporter

~The Rangers of Glidien~ V1.0

Postby JJ1009 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 pm

This game is by my brother Bobby.

~Synopsis~

In the land of Glideon, there is a group of children who have lost there parents. They were raised in in the castle by Baron Den, the lord of Renald. These children on their 15th birthday must choose a profession that they think would suit them. Though, the children don't always get, the profession they desire...

Last edited by JJ1009 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------
-Dungeon Crawler: 20% done-

dragon keyblade
Ultimate 001 Member

Location: Mars, Earth A, Earth B, or Io. Depending on the timeline you're in.

Re: ~The Rangers of Glidien~ V1

Postby dragon keyblade » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:37 pm

sounds... interesting i guess.... I will try it, Demo?

k here goes: when the demo is over, people can still roam, i know a way to fix this, but i am not sure if you want it this way or not, so for now, i will be quiet. But, another thing is, you have to choose what to say from a list of one. I would suggest a couple of different ways to say one thing, each with different reactions. Like, Shy:"I'm not sure...." Reaction:"You should know what your going to pick!" And so on.
Last edited by dragon keyblade on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Rod Serling wrote:You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas; you've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

JJ1009
001 Supporter

Postby JJ1009 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback! We arn't sure if this will be an interactive movie, or a full control game. In the next version we will incorparate some of your ideas. Thanks. :)
-Dungeon Crawler: 20% done-

dragon keyblade
Ultimate 001 Member

Location: Mars, Earth A, Earth B, or Io. Depending on the timeline you're in.

Postby dragon keyblade » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:01 pm

your welcome.
Rod Serling wrote:You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas; you've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Re: ~The Rangers of Glidien~ V1.0

Postby MIV » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Plot isn't exactly specific, there... I can interpret it as the children going through a long and arduous journey to train, but end up failing, or that they kill each other for the profession they want. Need to specify more on the backgrounds of the children, and characteristics, if any.
Maps could still use a bit of decoration, although the tilesets you use are medieval enough.

Last bumped by JJ1009 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:38 pm.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Return to Games In Progress