Movement X & Y Animation Speed Issue

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Movement X & Y Animation Speed Issue

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:59 pm

I have a 3D model animation setup for the default 'Walking' pose. Since the default animation on the model is too slow (maximal speed within Blender is still too slow), I adjusted the time scale to be 200. When using Forward/Backward movement, the animation speed is properly adjusted, but Movement X & Y events keep the default animation speed. I've tried changing pose timing (frames per second) without any help. I believe the Movement X & Y events are not taking into consideration the time scale of models. Please confirm.
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Movement X & Y Animation Speed Issue

Postby Mr.Numbers » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Can you send a bug report with two simple tests? One with it working with another movement system and one with the movement x/y. Thanks!
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Movement X & Y Animation Speed Issue

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Scratch that, this was a speedy post; it seems as though it's working properly, I just needed to set a higher time scale, I forgot that default poses take player speed into account, so one must properly adjust for that. Slow actor speeds require higher time scaling... I'll remember for the future. My apologies. :roll:
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Return to Technical Support Questions