The Barglin knights group: The darkness attack

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
crazymadness

The Barglin knights group: The darkness attack

Postby crazymadness » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Story (not showed in the game):
Once ago, in an undefined time, there was an advanced groups of knights, which were called the Barglin knights They always defeated the evil monsters that attacked the town, but one day, the whole darkness of the universe attacked the world. So the Barglin knights went to many parts of the world, but all the Barglin knights died except 5: three Barglin knights, you and your captain. You need to complete the missions so you can destroy all the darkness, and destroy a person that contains most of the darkness inside: Sir Van Goglik.
In this game, you can complete the various missions, or just play it as a free roam game.
Note: The game have no sound

*Screenshots coming soon*.

I have problems with the resources: I can't add them to the game.
This is what happens to me:
1. I don't find the image.

Or if not:
2. When I try to upload the image, it says that it's not in the size it's needs to be (I don't remember which).

When someone tell me how (and I can do it), I'll add the features.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Re: The Barglin knights group: The darkness attack

Postby metomunc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Cool! Another knight game. The story isn't that complex from what I can see so far, but if this is your first game then that's good. Start simple and make your game more complex as you go after you get the hang of things. Sounds and music are good too. I definately recomend that you put some in your game.
SOUND: "findsounds" in google
MUSIC: "Bjorne Lynn" in google

crazymadness wrote:I have problems with the resources: I can't add them to the game.
This is what happens to me:
1. I don't find the image.

Clarify. Do you mean you can't find where it's saved to your computer? If this is the case, make a folder on your desktop called "001 resources" and save anything you download form the site into that folder. Then go into the 001 program and open the folder at the same time in it's own window. Click on the "Resources" folder in the 001 program (the same place that has the folder for maps and characters). An area will open up that lets you drag things into the 001 program. Drag your resources from the folder on the desktop to this location and then you'll be able to use them in 001.

crazymadness wrote:Or if not:
2. When I try to upload the image, it says that it's not in the size it's needs to be (I don't remember which).

Again, more specifics are needed.
You can change the sizes of things in the MS Paint program. If you are making characters, you can adjust the image sizes that the program will receive by changing the numbers that read 62 by 32. 128 by 128 frames are the largest ideal character size you can make with 001.
Who should I really listen to?

HardcoreHobbit
001 Fanatic

Improvments

Postby HardcoreHobbit » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:13 pm

Sounds like a good game. May I suggest, finding some great music at:(Removed link due to games section rules.) It will get you all the music you need, and probably more. Also, what I just did was copy the image from the resources, and used my own scripting. I would suggest doing that. (Unless the scripting is very complex)

A Few Questions:

*Do you have specifed armor and weapons for your knights?

*How about for the darkness?

I suggest mabey having a few darkness stones, or something. Meaning, the darkness is extremely powerful in the beginning, and the only way to weaken them enough to possibly beat them is by destroying the six (or however many) stones set up around the area of their base. Anything like that. And mabey make the plotline deeper. But nice idea, i like it.
Visit my site for free 001 sound effects, music and avatars:
http://www.youtube.com/preistofpies
To request music, Sound Effects, or anything, PM me!

crazymadness

Postby crazymadness » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:23 pm

thanks metomunc, I'll try to change the size when i have time.
hardcorehobbit, I'll try to add the best music I can (is there a website where I can download runescape songs so I can add them to the game?)

I have many resources, so I can't really say I specified the armors and weapons.
The darkness are just the enemies, so they won't have clothes 8maybe the zombies and the persons from the bosses battles).

I promise I'll do my best, and I'll work most of the day on it, so people can have the best gameplay when I add it to the website.
And I'll PM you if I need help with the sound effects, metomunc, because I'm playing Wolf Hunt and it have great sound effects (I'm stucked on the library part when the bookshelfs attack you).

crazymadness

Postby crazymadness » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 pm

oh, one thing more:
Is there a system in the shops that when you sell something you can buy it again?

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:56 am

Will take a pretty long time to script. Ask deeds for the script.

Comments:
Medieval games use a lot of customs. So do that. ;)
Your plot is just a 'bad guys kill many good guys, what's left goes on endless massacre'. Try adding in a few sub-plots, if not alter the plot and make twists or so (e.g. Van Goglik and the Barglins turn out to be fighting a third hostile faction etc.)
Do you have in-game screenshots?
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

HardcoreHobbit
001 Fanatic

Postby HardcoreHobbit » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:22 am

Yeah, screenshots would be nice.
Visit my site for free 001 sound effects, music and avatars:
http://www.youtube.com/preistofpies
To request music, Sound Effects, or anything, PM me!

Return to Games In Progress