How to use another sprites holding point?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Danny
001 Forum Master

How to use another sprites holding point?

Postby Danny » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:10 pm

How do i use the holding points of another sprite on my actor? I have an actor called "Solider" the solider is the main actors body, this solider as no holding points. I then have another sprite called "Machine Gun". The machine gun as a "Holding Point", so in the players/party i select my body "Solider" and weapon "Machine" gun.

So this means i have no holding points on the solider but i have holding point on the machine gun, but when i go to test my game and i fire my weapon my machine gun (Item) refuses to fire projectiles from the weapon sprite holding point, infact i don't see any projectiles at all. If then put holding points onto the solider it will work fine.

However the issue is i don't want holding points on my solider, my solider is simply a body that holds weapons, i want projectiles to fire from weapon sprite holding points, as in the weapons themselves, having holding points on the soldier won't work for what i want, you see the projectiles will fire visually wrong otherwise.

So how do i make the game use the "Holding Point" of "Weapon Sprites" only and ignore holding points of everything else on the players actor? I don't know if this is a bug or am missing some kind of option.

Can someone please help me figure this out? Thank you.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: How to use another sprites holding point?

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:40 am

With the bug being fixed, you essentially should simply be able to have the holding point exist on a non body sprite and have no holding points exist on the body sprite. The new system will ensure the bullet comes out of whatever holding point it can find.

Return to Technical Support Questions