Being Healthy!

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
User avatar
serrafina
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Being Healthy!

Postby serrafina » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Do you watch your weight?
Do you count your calories?
Do you excercise?

This discussion is about how individuals can lose weight and maintain a healthy figure! :D
Share tips, warnings, and ideas to help others feel more energize! You can tell us diets, excersizes, foods, etc.
Remember! Be supportive about yourself and others! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tend to eat fruits in the morning and the afternoon to give my body an extra boost of energy! :D It definately feels reassuring when you eat them after excercising or on breaks between excercises! :D

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:55 pm

I usually don't worry about my weight to much, but I like to jog before and after work n.n mostly just because it helps clear my head :D

User avatar
serrafina
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby serrafina » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 pm

I like jogging too, but I have to wait near winter or fall. It's too hot where I live to go outside and jog. Plus, the atmosphere is humid, but it really does relax the mind.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Latvia

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby haraldx » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:22 am

I would like to get some extra weight, because you can almost see through me. :lol: Ok, I maybe joked a bit, but seriously, I'm (too) thin and I weight (almost) nothing. However, since I live near the beach, I (almost) every day go to the beach, just sleep a bit in the sands, go swimming and stuff.

User avatar
Adam
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:26 am
Location: In your house

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Adam » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am

I have kickboxing classes 3 times a week, I do exercises every morning, play basketball and go jogging every weekend. :D
I've lost over 10 pounds (5 kilograms) in the past two months. I still eat as much as I did before, but I try to stay away from sweets, chips, soda pop, etc. ;)

Living a healthy lifestyle has really lowered my level of stress.
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

User avatar
serrafina
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby serrafina » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:30 am

Lol. It's okay. My friend also needs to put on weight, but he eats a lot! :D Yet, I don't know where he puts down all that food. But swimming is cool, especially with friends.

I also agree with the reduce stress; it takes your mind off of things or allows you to think without distraction.

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Latvia

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby haraldx » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:43 pm

serrafina wrote:My friend also needs to put on weight, but he eats a lot! :D Yet, I don't know where he puts down all that food.

Heck, if I would know where goes all my food after I eat it I would sue the one that is behind all this! :lol: But 1 thing sure - soda drinks can suc... well, I think you get it. Recently, I've found out I can't even stand carbonated water (I have no idea why) and I once bought it as I thought it was non-carbonated :lol: Good thing there were friends near me to help me empty the bottle.

User avatar
serrafina
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby serrafina » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:26 pm

lol. Sounds like you have great friends. ;) Do they try to get in shape or have a problem about gaining weight?

User avatar
SBG
001 Subscriber
 
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: merca

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby SBG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:31 pm

If your metabolism is high, and you eat a lot but don't gain any weight, you need to exercise.

Me personally, I used to be freakishly skinny because I was too poor to eat more than one small meal a day, so now I embrace eating fast food everyday and gaining weight. I've gained almost 50 pounds since last november. Went from 115 to 160 and counting. But I get plenty of exercise at work so I'm in shape. But I'm also a smoker so I'm not that active when I'm not working. I would never even think about going to the gym :lol:

BTW I do eat McD's or BK every single day for lunch, but I also eat amazing down home cooking made by my significant other every night so it's pretty balanced.

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:53 pm

I'm not good with food at all, the place I work at is packed with aweful, greasy food, and the few things that are healthy are really expensive so I have to pay full price for them. I've recently started surviving on a diet of cheetos and bacon. Delicious but deadly :(

User avatar
Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: A place between mind and matter.

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Tabula Rasa » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:20 pm

I used to work out for the sake of having a good body, but I haven't done it lately. I'm really behind.
Image

User avatar
serrafina
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby serrafina » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm

@SBG: lol. Haven't you heard? Cheeseburgers give you heartburn or heartattacks because they do something to your heart. I won't say quit eating them, but you should try alternatives! :D Why don't you try chicken and stuff? Do they have KFC where you live? Either way, I'm glad you're doing great and how your work helps keep you in shape. :]

@Serrie: I agree. :3 But, you really should try eating something else. Try cereals and milk. Cereals have plenty of whole grain and sandwiches. Plus, they're always affordable. :]

@Tab: Yeah, I usually hate that feeling too.

RPGking
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby RPGking » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Weights and a steady source of protein. Found in bread, even salami, eat only things with at least 1 gram of rpotein. Workout and exercise daily, figure a plan that works for you. For extra effect, use a protein suppliment.

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:55 am

Yeah lately I've started actually bringing snacks to work, my boss hates me for it, but unless he gets healthier food in thats what i'm going to continue to do :P

User avatar
serrafina
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby serrafina » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:58 am

Yeah, I agree with RPGking. A good suppliment of protein and a balance nutrition works. :D But, I can unstand why it'll be hard to do this in your work environment, lol. So, I'm backing up with you on bringing alternatives to work! As long as you can compromise with your boss, I don't think it's a problem. I mean, you can always eat your lunch in the back room where none of the customers will see you. :] But, it does sound like he's not totally against it because of your reason.

User avatar
Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: A place between mind and matter.

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Tabula Rasa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:57 pm

I can eat unhealthy food non stop, never gain an ounce. :)
Be jealous, peoples.
Image

RPGking
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby RPGking » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Same, but on the same token, makes working out harder, because you need fat to burn to have size, unless your in it for tone.

User avatar
Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member
 
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:14 pm
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Zhuge » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Tabula Rasa wrote:I can eat unhealthy food non stop, never gain an ounce. :)
Be jealous, peoples.

Same. High metabolism. I should probably weight 250+ right now. About 140 right now. :P

User avatar
Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: A place between mind and matter.

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Tabula Rasa » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 pm

I weight about 130. All muscle. I'm like 2.2% body fat or something.
Image

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:14 pm

Tabula Rasa wrote:I weight about 130. All muscle. I'm like 2.2% body fat or something.


ME TOO :D This makes us like, size twins! C'MERE SIZE TWIN *HUGGLES* :D

User avatar
serrafina
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby serrafina » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Do you guys have weight balance to check yourself? I don't know mine because my family doesnt own one, so I have to go to the gym to find out. :D

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:34 am

My family has about 600 because they're all weight obsessed lol. I also has my new twin, just to make sure :D *huggles Tab*

User avatar
Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: A place between mind and matter.

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Tabula Rasa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:11 pm

Lol k. *accepts hug*
Image

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Tabula Rasa wrote:Lol k. *accepts hug*


You're my brother now.

User avatar
Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: A place between mind and matter.

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Tabula Rasa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:48 pm

Just because we're the same size, DOES NOT mean you are as ripped as me.
Image

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:52 am

True, but it also doesn't mean your hair is as silky smooth, or your skin as soft, as mine. What it DOES mean is that we're on the same level of attractive. The only way you could be as mind-blowingly attractive as me, is if we were twins.

*strikes a pose*

Whether you like it or not, I have now accepted you as my kin. This is forever.

RPGking
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby RPGking » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Pics or it didn't happen.

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 am

I have to post pictures of him being my twin before he's my twin? :(

User avatar
serrafina
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby serrafina » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 pm

I don't know, but we gotta head back on topic here. :D

Unless you guys pull off like 2000 calories burned in one week together, then you guys can continue the discussion about being twins while working together by taking a run in the morning and afternoon, etc and then post your analysis here.

Serrie
Member
 
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Serrie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 pm

My brother and I always work on our vocal muscles by discussing the nature of our twinness. Because we are siblings we equally eat the same foods, usually healthy ones, because we need them to continue to be brother and sister.

Also, Tab and I know everything about each other, like how many miles we can run. Tab can sprint 2, but he can only run 1/4 :(

User avatar
Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: A place between mind and matter.

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Tabula Rasa » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:04 pm

I actually have like a 7 minute mile.. :\
Image

User avatar
Wonderland
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Wonderland » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:21 am

I exercise and stuff but I don't watch my weight. For some reason, no matter how much I eat or exercise, I always have the exact same weight.

User avatar
Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: A place between mind and matter.

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Tabula Rasa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 am

I have unhealthy eating habits. For some reason, sometimes I only eat 2 meals a day. Skinny guys like me shouldn't do that.
Image

User avatar
emanresU
001 Fanatic
 
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:19 am
Location: Not really sure, I think this GPS is broken *sigh* I knew I should have turned left at albuquerque

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby emanresU » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Yeah I get up late and have a late breakfast so I tend to forget lunch which is really irritating.
To live without dreams is to sleep through life and what a waste that would be.

All things past through day and night
They change as surely as the light
Form may fade they are never gone
In memory they remain ever on

User avatar
Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member
 
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:14 pm
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Zhuge » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Like 90% of the time, I only eat once a day. :P

User avatar
emanresU
001 Fanatic
 
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:19 am
Location: Not really sure, I think this GPS is broken *sigh* I knew I should have turned left at albuquerque

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby emanresU » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:29 pm

How do you do it? I love food and eating to much plus would get so hungry.
To live without dreams is to sleep through life and what a waste that would be.

All things past through day and night
They change as surely as the light
Form may fade they are never gone
In memory they remain ever on

User avatar
Wonderland
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Wonderland » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:25 am

I always eat 3 times a day. I love breakfast! :D

User avatar
Ajax
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 am
Location: At your Moms House....Not Really

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Ajax » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm a vegetarian, I don't really eat "meals" I eat whenever I feel like it.

I run 2 miles a day, and I do the average situp/pushup type exercise before I shower.

I do eat/drink Soy and Almond Protein, and I weigh around 145-150 or so. I'm a Casual Drinker/Smoker.
Image
Image
Funneh Conversations with Moderators! wrote: Ajax: Dude....Come On
Hes Helping me do stuff...Certain Stuff
Mike: Sounds hawt.. :D

ZhugeLiang :
Think of it this way -

You jumped in a pool of sharp glass and salt, and the only person to save you is spider-man, but he's gone right now! You have to find a way out without getting hurt or just stay still and wait...

Ajax: Oh man, I should be worried.

ZhugeLiang wrote:
man, dail-up was a bitch

Scorch wrote:
Yes, Zhug she is. But she's so cheap....don't know how to leave her.....




A Hero's Tale IV

///////// 10% complete.

User avatar
Indiana 266
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Indiana 266 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:02 am

emanresU wrote:How do you do it? I love food and eating too much; plus I would get so hungry.

Same. :D
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ajax
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 am
Location: At your Moms House....Not Really

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Ajax » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Zhuge wrote:Like 90% of the time, I only eat once a day. :P

Thats not too healthy, whats your BMI?
Image
Image
Funneh Conversations with Moderators! wrote: Ajax: Dude....Come On
Hes Helping me do stuff...Certain Stuff
Mike: Sounds hawt.. :D

ZhugeLiang :
Think of it this way -

You jumped in a pool of sharp glass and salt, and the only person to save you is spider-man, but he's gone right now! You have to find a way out without getting hurt or just stay still and wait...

Ajax: Oh man, I should be worried.

ZhugeLiang wrote:
man, dail-up was a bitch

Scorch wrote:
Yes, Zhug she is. But she's so cheap....don't know how to leave her.....




A Hero's Tale IV

///////// 10% complete.

User avatar
Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member
 
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:14 pm
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Zhuge » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:34 pm

19.0.
6 feet, 140lbs.

User avatar
Ajax
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 am
Location: At your Moms House....Not Really

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Ajax » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:57 am

That should be normal, but almost underweight by a bar or two.

I'm the same Height but 7-10 pounds heavier.
Image
Image
Funneh Conversations with Moderators! wrote: Ajax: Dude....Come On
Hes Helping me do stuff...Certain Stuff
Mike: Sounds hawt.. :D

ZhugeLiang :
Think of it this way -

You jumped in a pool of sharp glass and salt, and the only person to save you is spider-man, but he's gone right now! You have to find a way out without getting hurt or just stay still and wait...

Ajax: Oh man, I should be worried.

ZhugeLiang wrote:
man, dail-up was a bitch

Scorch wrote:
Yes, Zhug she is. But she's so cheap....don't know how to leave her.....




A Hero's Tale IV

///////// 10% complete.

User avatar
Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:14 pm
Location: Missouri

Health

Postby Fireleaf » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:54 am

Who would have thought that health would be mentioned here. For some reason I find that funny and reassuring at the same time. :)
I eat pretty much anything and alot of it, but I don't gain weight easily because of genetics and because I keep moving. I don't lift weights, but I lift my own body weight alot so I think that helps.
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

User avatar
Adam
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:26 am
Location: In your house

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Adam » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

I've re-gained the 10 pounds I mentioned here a few months ago.I'm not getting fatter though, I've been lifting weights.
Pretty pumped about that, lol
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

User avatar
ITB
001 Subscriber
 
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:04 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby ITB » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:38 am

5.2 Feet or 1.58 Meters.
96 pounds.

User avatar
Ajax
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 am
Location: At your Moms House....Not Really

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Ajax » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Adam wrote:I've re-gained the 10 pounds I mentioned here a few months ago.I'm not getting fatter though, I've been lifting weights.
Pretty pumped about that, lol


Keep with it, lifting is very Beneficial.

I'm jelly, I wish I could lift... It's not too appealing to me.
Image
Image
Funneh Conversations with Moderators! wrote: Ajax: Dude....Come On
Hes Helping me do stuff...Certain Stuff
Mike: Sounds hawt.. :D

ZhugeLiang :
Think of it this way -

You jumped in a pool of sharp glass and salt, and the only person to save you is spider-man, but he's gone right now! You have to find a way out without getting hurt or just stay still and wait...

Ajax: Oh man, I should be worried.

ZhugeLiang wrote:
man, dail-up was a bitch

Scorch wrote:
Yes, Zhug she is. But she's so cheap....don't know how to leave her.....




A Hero's Tale IV

///////// 10% complete.

User avatar
Deedasmi
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 10:47 pm
Location: At my computer (like always)

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Deedasmi » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:20 am

Ya'll make me feel fat :P
5'11, 195 pounds

Can't run, used to be able to lift a decent amount (Squats over 250, bench about 150, haven't done it in a while), and can only do about 10 pushups/100 crunches. I'm too lazy to workout. Too much to do on the computer

There was a couple times where I started doing regular pushups and crunches daily, and in a week I doubled the amount I could do in one sitting in less then a week.

This past semester I've only been eating two meals a day, when I get done with school (4 p.m.), dinner (7 p.m.), and snacks around 11 when I get off work. I have that schedule for 3 days a week, and it's pretty much been adopted into my daily schedule. Sometimes I grab lunch, or have a snack during a break, but really the first meal I eat is about 3-4 p.m.

Exercise is pretty much limited to occasionally walking/riding bike to school/work, and the walking around I do there.

No smoke, but might as well (multiple chain smokers living in house), no drugs, no alcohol.

I'm fairly happy with my current health. I'd like to not go much further on the weight scale, and when I have gone even 5-10 pounds over, I've burned them in 1-2 weeks when I'm motivated to do so.

User avatar
Mr.Numbers
001 Support
 
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:50 am
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Mr.Numbers » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:09 pm

You make me feel fat :[

210 pounds right now, though mind me I'm around 6'2" :P A tad overweight, though there is quite a bit of muscle there. I don't work out, but I defiantly ride my mountain bike everywhere ;) Coulee riding has got to be my favorite activity outdoors, you get a great workout and the nature is so dam beautiful ;)

Overall, I'm pretty healthy. Ive actually LOST a lot of weight (compared to me 5 years ago. 5 years ago I was a chubster 8D, nah that word doesnt even fit. Fatass is more like it xD)
Back in the day, video games and the computer was my life :\ (This would be around the time I joined 001)

You can say as time went by, and as I got out of my house a crap ton more, I grew upwards and lost the outward bulge xD Lately ton's of people I havnt seen in ages are always seeming to compliment me on how much I lost :\ At least its a good thing lol.
Image
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

User avatar
Wonderland
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Wonderland » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:54 am

I'm the tallest kid in my class except for ... never mind.

Anyway: I am 1.68 m tall and 130 pounds.

User avatar
sicksniper256
001 Supporter
 
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Gray, Louisiana

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby sicksniper256 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:26 pm

BMI is a really inaccurate gauge fitness... It's a starting point but keep in mind that according to BMI many elite athletes are 'obese'.
I will throw in some advice to those wishing to lose weight:

Try short sprint interval training, I lost 40lbs in a 3 month span with this training method. (with very minimal dieting... kinda just half-assed it)

Keep hydrated, many body processes use water so it is a good idea to drink lots and lots of water... just remember to replace electrolytes during long workout sessions. (not doing so could result in seizures and electrolyte imbalance)

Try resistance training with the goal to gain functional strength, I am not quite sure on the subject but I think muscles contribute to metabolism. Strength training is usually done at a weight so that 8-12 consecutive reps is all you can do. Keep in mind that when losing fat and trying to gain muscle at the same time will not reflect results on the scale much but you will be much leaner and healthier, even at your original weight.

Mix up your cardiovascular training to not only include traditional aerobic exercise (jogging) but also anaerobic exercise (sprinting) for those short, explosive bursts of energy.

For a bit of a motivational tactic dress the part; dress like an athlete and you will likely feel more motivated to train and stick to the program... little things like that can help build your confidence early.

And for one final piece of advice there is a nice site that I almost always consult for different movements and various things that has really helped me along the way. http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/

That website is run by Athlete's Performance, a training institute that many professional athletes turn to not only to increase performance but to rehab injury.

That's all I have on the topic for now and if anyone has some advice for me I would greatly appreciate that as well. (I am currently looking for a cheap way to build leg power, so far the cheapest option I have found is a power sled or parachute.)

User avatar
zachary0119
Distinguished 001 Member
 
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: I really don't know...

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby zachary0119 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:31 pm

I usually eat anything that happens to be in front of me. :P I work out every night doing things like situps, pushups, etc. etc. and I'm on the wrestling team too so I'm in good shape. Since I joined wrestling I've gained five pounds in muscle.
EDIT: Oops, major bump :P
Currently working on The Battle for Sumthia
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15468

User avatar
Ixayou
001 Translator
 
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Norway

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Ixayou » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:32 pm

I try to stay away from bad fat (all fat that is hardened), i always oil instead of butter in my frying pan, and when i have butter on bread i use those with plant fat only. Plant/fish fat is all fat that is not hardened in fridge temperature, and those are the good fats. Eating that instead of bad fat will keep you healthy from heart/blood diseases, and will build up the cell membranes in your body without being stored beneath the skin (making you fat). So yeah, this one is very important.

I also try to eat good carbs instead of bad. Which means, i never eat bread made out of white flour. Travelling outside of Norway i've seen that it's nearly impossible to get wholemeal bread anywhere, and even bread that looks dark is made out of white flour with colouring dyes. White flour, rice and pasta is empty calories, so stay away. What you'd want within carbs are those with a lot of cellulose because they make you feel fuller for a longer time, and they go straight through the body. Potatoes are alright, but max one a day.

I don't work out a lot, so i try to stay away from too many proteins, because if i don't build muscles it will be turned into fat. If you try to build muscles and work out a lot then proteins are very important, as that's what builds the body. They are found in everything that grows. There's lots of proteins in meat for example, because the animal needs proteins to grow. Same goes for eggs. They are stuffed with proteins, because the chicken need them to actually become a chicken :P Eggs contain very much of everything though, so it's not a good idea to eat too much of it. You can find proteins in seeds, beans and such. Just think everything that grows :P
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!
All published information about our project will be there
http://shadowsofsephtia.blog.com/
Image

User avatar
tower07
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:11 am
Location: I either live in eastern North Carolina, or I am a very, very lost person.

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby tower07 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 pm

I have an extremely fast metabolism, so I eat alot and still considered slightly underweight.
I also pace alot. Like, really, really, really, long paces.
Like 30 minutes a time. I've even been mistaken for a retard once because of that once. :lol:

User avatar
Indiana 266
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Indiana 266 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:20 am

I'm about 185 and pretty much platued there, I consider myself fairly average in about everything, not super healthy not super unhealthy. I do eat quite a bit. :-P
Although I am a little tall for my age, I don't think I've grown in the past year though, I think I'm 5' 10 1/2" or 11".
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
zachary0119
Distinguished 001 Member
 
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: I really don't know...

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby zachary0119 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:54 pm

I weighed 120 lbs one day and then the next i was 112... Now I'm back up to 115 but idk how i lost that weight in one day.

Yesterday in gym class one of my friends was poking my arm because it doesnt look like it has much muscle, but then he told me to flex, so now he thinks I'm on steroids. :lol:
Currently working on The Battle for Sumthia
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15468

User avatar
sicksniper256
001 Supporter
 
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Gray, Louisiana

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby sicksniper256 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Water and food can make your weight change a bit like that... usually after exercise you are supposed to replace the lbs of water you lost but most people don't actually weigh themselves before and after exercise.

User avatar
RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:50 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:38 am

Personally, I disagree with weight loss diets and don't recommend them to anyone. Two reasons; first, there are sever after-effects. Second, they don't work for everyone. It's like seeing a comercial on TV about those exercise machines... I mean come on, "a lot" of people try those and only few get results. When it comes to eating a healthy diet, I try to make sure that I get enough proteins and calories in my body each day. I'm an athlete, I play soccer, it's a very physical sport and I burn over 2500 calories each day, or so my doctor told me. So you can imagine how much I need to consume... but I eat regularly, I don't eat a lot of fast foods, I used to and I can, but I prefer home made food that my mom makes. I'm not a very large person in size, a freshmen in college, but I know a thing or two of how to stay fit. GET UP AND EXERCISE! Stop watching movies and go play with your kids outside (if you're married) or go and play a sport with your friends. There are many sports out there, I'm sure you can pick one that you like. Choose one that you enjoy... and love! Translation: I play soccer and I get tired, really tired, but I don't care, because I have fun and I enjoy what I do. Also, I "don't" watch my calories. Simply because I know that no matter how much I eat, I will always burn more, and my stomach is limited in size, so I'm never gonna over-stuff myself.

To explain a little why I don't support weight loss diets, for the first reason. Some after-effects include long-term liver, stomach, or heart problems. It is not okay to hunger yourself, just a no-no! How can you live without food? In addition, eating just veggies will cause your metabolism to go down and your energy level will decrease, as well as your strength. Eat fruits, vegetables, and meats! Meats are necessary to a healthy diet! Ask any doctor and they will say the same. Of course, not too much meat. After eating more than usual, try to get a little more exercise that day. On weekends go for a walk or jog around where you live. It helps to run at least 1 mile each day, 4 laps around a school track. To anyone trying to lose weight, please understand that exercise is very important, as well as a good consumption of fresh air. Don't sit at home and run on those thredmills or whatever, instead go outside and enjoy the nature. Again, try to get involved in a sport that you like, even if it's tennis, you need to be active.

As far as muscle goes, remember that if you exercise when you're young, when you get to the age of 50-60, all your muscle will turn into fat. Don't exercise too much and don't be jealous of muscle, it's not always a good thing to be muscular. The reason for this being is that if you start working out, you need to continue as long as you live... but that's impossible, because we all die once in this life. Stay fit by exercise and don't be jealous of buff guys or girls, lol. Well good luck to anyone trying to lose weight! :)
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

User avatar
sicksniper256
001 Supporter
 
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:40 pm
Location: Gray, Louisiana

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby sicksniper256 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:46 am

ramchuk_ent wrote:Personally, I disagree with weight loss diets and don't recommend them to anyone. Two reasons; first, there are sever after-effects. Second, they don't work for everyone. It's like seeing a comercial on TV about those exercise machines... I mean come on, "a lot" of people try those and only few get results. When it comes to eating a healthy diet, I try to make sure that I get enough proteins and calories in my body each day. I'm an athlete, I play soccer, it's a very physical sport and I burn over 2500 calories each day, or so my doctor told me. So you can imagine how much I need to consume... but I eat regularly, I don't eat a lot of fast foods, I used to and I can, but I prefer home made food that my mom makes. I'm not a very large person in size, a freshmen in college, but I know a thing or two of how to stay fit. GET UP AND EXERCISE! Stop watching movies and go play with your kids outside (if you're married) or go and play a sport with your friends. There are many sports out there, I'm sure you can pick one that you like. Choose one that you enjoy... and love! Translation: I play soccer and I get tired, really tired, but I don't care, because I have fun and I enjoy what I do. Also, I "don't" watch my calories. Simply because I know that no matter how much I eat, I will always burn more, and my stomach is limited in size, so I'm never gonna over-stuff myself.

To explain a little why I don't support weight loss diets, for the first reason. Some after-effects include long-term liver, stomach, or heart problems. It is not okay to hunger yourself, just a no-no! How can you live without food? In addition, eating just veggies will cause your metabolism to go down and your energy level will decrease, as well as your strength. Eat fruits, vegetables, and meats! Meats are necessary to a healthy diet! Ask any doctor and they will say the same. Of course, not too much meat. After eating more than usual, try to get a little more exercise that day. On weekends go for a walk or jog around where you live. It helps to run at least 1 mile each day, 4 laps around a school track. To anyone trying to lose weight, please understand that exercise is very important, as well as a good consumption of fresh air. Don't sit at home and run on those thredmills or whatever, instead go outside and enjoy the nature. Again, try to get involved in a sport that you like, even if it's tennis, you need to be active.

As far as muscle goes, remember that if you exercise when you're young, when you get to the age of 50-60, all your muscle will turn into fat. Don't exercise too much and don't be jealous of muscle, it's not always a good thing to be muscular. The reason for this being is that if you start working out, you need to continue as long as you live... but that's impossible, because we all die once in this life. Stay fit by exercise and don't be jealous of buff guys or girls, lol. Well good luck to anyone trying to lose weight! :)


I completely agree with everything you just posted. Don't deprive your body of nutrients; ultimately it is best to stay active as much as possible. I do high intensity intervals but even that gets boring at times so finding a sport that mirrors what training you intend to do is a more fun way to get it done and get those competitive fires going at the same time.

Those body builders... just keep in mind that although they may have lots of muscle mass it might not even translate into functional strength... and even if they have the strength if they can't apply it quickly its useless. Being able to apply it quickly (or explosively) is known as power. Its very possible to have lots of power without overly large muscles that compromise your range of motion and speed.

Okay enough preaching, I would like a second opinion now as I would like to increase my vertical and broad jumps. In addition to flexibility and plyometric jump training I plan to buy a leg press machine for my home as I don't exactly have a full room to dedicate to more standard equipment. I plan on buying this http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/powerline-vertical-leg-press.html what you all think?

User avatar
Ajax
Ultimate 001 Member
 
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 am
Location: At your Moms House....Not Really

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Ajax » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:57 am

I really really need help! I'm trying to gain at least, 10 pounds in muscle I weigh 161 at 6'0. (Going to the military)
Buuuut.. heres the catch; I don't eat meat and I don't like to consume soy products since they are known to cause female hormones to develop in your body.
wut does I do?
Image
Image
Funneh Conversations with Moderators! wrote: Ajax: Dude....Come On
Hes Helping me do stuff...Certain Stuff
Mike: Sounds hawt.. :D

ZhugeLiang :
Think of it this way -

You jumped in a pool of sharp glass and salt, and the only person to save you is spider-man, but he's gone right now! You have to find a way out without getting hurt or just stay still and wait...

Ajax: Oh man, I should be worried.

ZhugeLiang wrote:
man, dail-up was a bitch

Scorch wrote:
Yes, Zhug she is. But she's so cheap....don't know how to leave her.....




A Hero's Tale IV

///////// 10% complete.

User avatar
Indiana 266
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Indiana 266 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:16 am

Have you tried whey powder or any other muscle building substances? (sans steriods :-P)
I'll have to remember his name, but one UFC fighter is a vegan, so not eating meat is no issue man.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Wonderland
001 Forum Master
 
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Being Healthy!

Postby Wonderland » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 am

I work out for a half hour every day. I want to tone my glutes. 8D


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users