Mass Effect 3

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Mass Effect 3

Postby Tabula Rasa » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Please tell me I am not the only one playing this.

I thought you guys were gamers... :P

Tomeh999
Distinguished 001 Member

Re: Mass Effect 3

Postby Tomeh999 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

For me, the Mass Effect series ended after the first. The first one was a great game, but I seriously disliked the second. I doubt I'll be getting number 3.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:40 pm

Tomeh999 wrote:For me, the Mass Effect series ended after the first. The first one was a great game, but I seriously disliked the second. I doubt I'll be getting number 3.

Opposite here. I absolutely hated the first Mass Effect, couldn't get into it at all. The second one however, I think was great. Actually, I've been playing it again lately, as I downloaded a few more DLC packs that I didn't have.
I'm not sure when I'm going to pick up 3 though. Probably after I finish a playthrough of 2 on insanity. :P

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:48 pm

I played the first one and pretended I liked it then realized I didn't. Couldn't run the second. Doubt I'll try this one. Reminds me too much of a cod rpg in space, and I'm good on that but thanks anyway...

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:56 pm

My friend got this already, I didn't like the first one.('nuff said)

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 am

I don't think i can be friends with any of you anymore. I'm going to go in this corner over here, and cry. :'(

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:57 am

More like Mass Deffect 3 8D
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

tower07
Ultimate 001 Member

Location: I either live in eastern North Carolina, or I am a very, very lost person.

Postby tower07 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:32 pm

I hate Mass Effect.
Too... monotony-ish.
I like things that are vibrant.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:34 pm

i herd bioware dun goofed. (If you're counting, that's two series -- DA and ME)

From what I've read, the ending is extremely disappointing, especially for the fanboys who have sunk 5 years worth of effort into the series.
Hundreds of hours of gameplay, tens of hundreds of boxes of hot pockets. Countless sleepless nights. Multiple playthroughs, multiple difficulties; Making sure every romance, every upgrade, every achievement, every credit chit not go untouched.
Lives*.
All of them destroyed within a mere 5 minute cutscene.

So you thought your 5 years worth of gameplay decisions in an RPG that totes unbound player decision making as it's key feature, would actually matter in the end? hehehe, u crazy girl. 8D

Apparently, a bittersweet ending is inevitable. BUT IF U MAD BRO, HAVE NOT WORRY, FOR THERE IS HOPE. ---

DLC i$ on the way. 8)

So on that one, has anyone beaten the game yet? I want to know if I'm wasting my time playing ME2 again. :P

*ambiguous

--------------------------------
Necessary bump.
So there has been this theory going around that claims that the ending (or perhaps even some events in the game), weren't even real; That Shepard was actually indoctrinated by the reapers by, I guess in the theory, coming in contact with reaper objects, or indoctrinated reaper objects.
As strange as it sounds (rather, as desperate as it sounds, as your ending was so bad that your fans had to pretend that it wasn't real, and instead piece together in-game events to come up with an alternative ending to dilute the disappointment) at first, it actually starts making a lot of sense. Specifically, when they start mentioning the hallucinations about the child that Shepard sees throughout the game. As it appears, he's the only one who sees it, so it does give the theory a significant amount of credibility, at least in my eyes.
So this leaves me to believe that the ending of Mass Effect 3 was nothing but a ploy to sell future DLC, which will tell the real events of the fight with the reapers. :P
Video here (it's quite long, so grab a snack):
Last edited by Zhuge on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

TheSchmittMeister
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby TheSchmittMeister » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:39 pm

I've played and liked the first Mass Effect but never got round to buying no. 2... So I probably wont end up getting 3 until I've finished and got bored of ME2...

Also, i have read that the ending to ME3 is being redone and coming out as a future DLC... So... Woo!

EDIT: Just finished the campaign... And... Jesus Christ it was emotional... I'm the sort of gamer who really gets into the games I play so the ending really hit me like a ton of bricks... :cry:

But now once ME2 finally gets friggin delivered ( :evil: ) I have to start from 1 all the way to 2 so I can make all the decisions I wanted to make up to the end where it would be pointless doing them anyway :P

Last bumped by TheSchmittMeister on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:39 pm.
ಠ_ರೃ Quite...

I AM The Schmitt Meister!!!
I HAVE A DEMO! I HAVE A COOL 5 MINUTE DEMO! GO ME!!!
http://www.engine001.com/games/The+Xeron+Project_1324.htm
The Xeron ProjectDisscusion:http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15511
I plan on living forever... So far, so good...
My Website:
http://schmittshack.weebly.com/
My Animations/movies/youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/Schmitty59#p/a/u/1/2c3EJkWRNEI
Game in progress:The Xeron Project----------5%

Return to General Discussion