Kicking off a new rock album.

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
aldenorai
001 Admirer

Kicking off a new rock album.

Postby aldenorai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 am

I'm planning to make it a commercial album, but I finished up the title track today.

"Setu Firestorm" used to be my old online alias back in 2003, and when I started producing my own rock albums back in 2004, people assumed that "Setu Firestorm" was my band's name. Truth is: there is no band; all instruments heard are 100% purely digital. I just mix, EQ, and try to master to make it sound like they are.

So without further ado, here is "Momentum":

- George R. Powell
Music Composer | Screenwriter | Voice Actor

http://www.georgerpowell.com

Gamerdude
001 Support

Re: Kicking off a new rock album.

Postby Gamerdude » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:21 am

That was amazing! This is exactly the kind of music I'm into. Loved it man, well done.

aldenorai
001 Admirer

Postby aldenorai » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 am

Thank you much! ^_^
- George R. Powell

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:07 pm

You got talent dude! :D That's one wicked song! Also, you have a nice voice! Btw-The song made me think of my past, playing gameboy colors when I'm bored, or when they release the new playstation 2, etc. It felt like the song was refering to the past and what we enjoyed the most.

I'm not sure what was your idea for the meaning of the song.

aldenorai
001 Admirer

Postby aldenorai » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Thank you!

The song was more or less a look at someone realizing that their life is their own, and now that they've decided to follow their own path, they have their eyes focused on the future, determined to leave the past behind.

But, in years past, I've heard some people give intriguing interpretations to my songs that I never would have thought of, but they work. I did a song back in 2007 called "The Fade" that was a song telling the subject that they need to pull themselves out of a deeply depressed state that they found themselves in due to being oppressed by others in their life. One interpretation someone made said that they believed the song was talking about someone trying to overcome a drug addiction, which never would have crossed my mind, but I realized it works.

lol And trust me, finding "The Fade" should be easy. It's the one rock song I did that I actually became semi-famous online for. Just Google "Setu Firestorm The Fade" and you'll find it.
- George R. Powell

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Just listened to it on youtube! From comparing wise, you remind me of Linkin Park, although you don't really rap, you voice your tone in different pitches, determining the mood for the song. Sounds 'effin' awesome. 8) But, the music in the background isn't leveling with your voice. Your voice sounds a bit distant in certain parts. At 3:02, that's my favorite part. That felt like the closing finale.

Also, I can understand why some people took the lyrics as an overcome of drug addiction and where you say getting away from depression. Either way, wonderful song. I really can't wait for you to post some new ones. ;]

aldenorai
001 Admirer

Postby aldenorai » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Here's Track 03 to the album, titled "Retrospect". This piece was actually made because I'm licensing it out to an indie game going commercial (at this point, that is all I am at liberty to say about it).

- George R. Powell

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:28 pm

OMG! YOU'RE SETU-FIRESTORM
Sorry, I've just seen your stuff like everywhere lately.
Awesome work.

aldenorai
001 Admirer

Postby aldenorai » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 pm

lol Yeah. That name was my alias since 2003, and it was the name I became known by on Newgrounds, which is where much of my "famous" work is.

I'm guessing you probably know who I am from "The Fade", which was a rock song I did back in 2007 that ended up in that Super Crazy Guitar Maniac Deluxe 3 game that blew up pretty big. People thought that Setu Firestorm was a band name when it was actually my online name for several years. Since there was no way of convincing people that there was no band, I just went along with it and started using it as a fake band name, even though all of the music was produced digitally by myself.

I've been aiming to take my rock work to a commercial level for some time now.

I use the name Aldenorai now because I was big into WoW around 2008-2010 when I quit last September. Aldenorai was the name of my blood elf priest healer, and since it was a name that no one else would have ever thought of, I knew I wouldn't have any problems using it.
- George R. Powell

Return to General Discussion