Change Active Interface fails to hide current interface

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
User avatar
tridecagon
Member
 
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:19 am
Location: London, KY

Change Active Interface fails to hide current interface

Postby tridecagon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:01 pm

I have some interfaces for various stuff that I need to switch between at times. Whenever an interface is changed, I need to hide the current one so that the screen isn't littered with inactive interfaces. I used the Change Active Interface event and selected to hide whatever the current one is, but it fails to do so sometimes. Just to make sure, I updated to the latest version five minutes ago.

Please help. This is the one major bug I'd like to smash before releasing the game.
I'm not the sharpest fork in the toaster.

User avatar
SBG
001 Subscriber
 
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: merca

Re: Change Active Interface fails to hide current interface

Postby SBG » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:52 pm

You want the Show/Hide Interface event and use the on/off option. Alternatively you could use the Change Color event(for interfaces) to set the opacity to 0 to hide it, and back to 100 to show it.

User avatar
tridecagon
Member
 
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:19 am
Location: London, KY

Re: Change Active Interface fails to hide current interface

Postby tridecagon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:00 pm

Actually I think I figured it out. I had a script to update a field after hiding the interface the field is on. I added a Wait for Interface event which seems to have fixed the issue but it broke something else. I'm about to see if I can't fix the new issue real quickly. (Pre-Post edit: I fixed it).
I'm not the sharpest fork in the toaster.


Return to Technical Support Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron