Goodbye, Farewell, Au Revoir, etc!

New to the forums? Going on vacation? Leaving forever? Tell us!
Lee
001 Support

Goodbye, Farewell, Au Revoir, etc!

Postby Lee » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:42 am

I previously mentioned this in my FM thread but basically 2013 is turning out to be a pretty busy year for me and will likely continue to be very busy for several months. I recently set up a business with one of my friends and managing that along with my job is taking up pretty much all of my time. Any spare time I do get is being dedicated to JO as I really want to see that project finished. I actually can't work on JO at the moment because the version of 001 I'm using is unstable but that's actually worked out quite well as I've needed the time for the business I've set up and my job anyway.

I'll probably still visit the forums when I can but I'm not going to be around much (not like I have been anyway). You may have noticed I'm no longer blue and that's because I cannot dedicate any time to support 001 any more (even though I'd still like to). JO is going to be a deciding factor as to whether or not I'll continue making games. If it does well then I'll obviously continue but I will most likely move away from 001 and seek out a different engine or put together my own. If it doesn't do to well then I've decided to leave game development behind and just concentrate on this business and my job but also to get back into animation, as it's something I used to do when I was much younger and it's something I think I really want to start getting back into but both animation and game development take a very long time and require a lot of patience so it's not something I feel I could do at the same time, it's either one or the other.

So yeah, that's it really. At least I managed to get a big game completed while I was here. It was certainly difficult but it's nice that I've actually got a big completed game to my name and that you guys have enjoyed it, despite its many flaws. So thank you for that and thanks to all of those that supported the project while it was in development, it really helped out a lot - more so then you might think.
Last edited by Lee on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Gamerdude
001 Support

Re: Goodbye, Farewell, Au Revoir, etc!

Postby Gamerdude » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 am

It's sad to see you go. I'd worried this was coming when you turned white again. It's a shame that you have no time, but good to hear that you're determined to achieve your goals man.

Wishing you all the best.

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:40 pm

*Salute*

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 am

See you soon Lee been nice knowing you. Hope the business goes well for you and i hope the your future works out for you.

Return to Hello, Away, Goodbye