Android hates Sound/Music Volume Option & Saving

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Android hates Sound/Music Volume Option & Saving

Postby JimmySterylian » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:28 am

Just like the title says. Basically, whenever the event is executed on an Android device, it crashes. Don't know if it's mobile specific though, maybe someone can help clarify that?
Last edited by JimmySterylian on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lee
001 Support

Re: Android hates Sound/Music Volume Option

Postby Lee » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:48 am

Can you create a small test project demonstrating this and send a bug report for us to look into?
Lee - 001 Community Manager

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Postby JimmySterylian » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 am

I'll do it when I get home. As a side note, the same thing happens when a Save Game event is executed.

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Would be a good idea to send a bug report for that too :P.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

JimmySterylian
001 Fanatic

Re: Android hates Sound/Music Volume Option & Saving

Postby JimmySterylian » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Sorry for being a bit late to send the bug report. It's on its way.

I know I should limit myself to one bug per topic but there's another weird behaviour with a sprite in the same project. Basically, it's a bunch of stars that use particle generation and are scripted to go down-right in a slightly random pattern, you'll get what I mean if you take a look at it. In the preview window, it works perfectly fine but when placed on an interface, all the stars will go down-right in a straight line. That can be seen on the "ACTUAL MENU" interface which is the game's main menu.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: Android hates Sound/Music Volume Option & Saving

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Sorry for taking so long, we've been pretty busy.

From the looks of it, if you run your game in HTML5, it has a field with a scripting error and I believe that's simply what's causing Android to crash. It may even happen in PC but I don't have information on that.

Return to Technical Support Questions