How do i create a Group on 001?

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Danny
001 Forum Master

How do i create a Group on 001?

Postby Danny » Tue May 08, 2012 9:30 am

How do i create a group on 001 forum, so i can have all my team in one place on the forums.

Is it possible? If so can you add/remove members yourself or would Mike/Mods have to do it?

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Re: How do i create a Group on 001?

Postby Deedasmi » Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 am

Mods. We disabled this for users for several reasons. I think Zhuge handles it now.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Yeah zhuge does it I'm sure.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Tue May 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Deedasmi wrote:Mods. We disabled this for users for several reasons. I think Zhuge handles it now.

May i ask what these reasons are? Is there any way i can still get one? Is there any conditions?

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Tue May 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Spam, crap groups, etc. Zhuge handles it, AKA Talk to zhuge about getting one. Every member of the team must have work to show. I.E somebody with no submitted games/graphics.tutorials won't be accepted.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Tue May 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Deedasmi wrote:Spam, crap groups, etc. Zhuge handles it, AKA Talk to zhuge about getting one. Every member of the team must have work to show. I.E somebody with no submitted games/graphics.tutorials won't be accepted.

Spam = Pointless, if theres anything i hate its Spam, if i wanted spam i would use facebook lol, Crap Groups = I dont know until/if i get one, as for submitted games i have Biohazard that i have been working on for around 5 months and still working on with really hard work going into it, does that count? Also grisson as the seven souls game, and Neto as Snake, Sword and Broken world.

So maybe i will be in with a chance, i messaged Zhuge about 30 minutes ago, just waiting for his reply.

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Yeah I don't think the conditions are entirely specific it just requires that member has something to show for themselves proving they are competant, known and sensible members of the community.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Wed May 09, 2012 9:15 pm

We're thinking of allowing anyone to create teams in the future. We have a system now for creating teams now, so we can expose that if we deem it appropriate. And I'm starting to think it is, since not everyone should be required to be on the forums to be in a team.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Thu May 10, 2012 6:03 am

Rico wrote:Yeah I don't think the conditions are entirely specific it just requires that member has something to show for themselves proving they are competant, known and sensible members of the community.

Zhuge as created the group for me, this is now going to make things much easier to plan and discuss the games we create, i thought i was not going to get a team group due to the fact they stopped doing groups. :shock:

Mike wrote:We're thinking of allowing anyone to create teams in the future. We have a system now for creating teams now, so we can expose that if we deem it appropriate. And I'm starting to think it is, since not everyone should be required to be on the forums to be in a team.

Having your own teams makes things easier, i think its a great idea to have this feature on the forums gives people more room to plan things, maybe have some seperate rules or something?

Either way thanks Mike for allowing Zhuge to create us a group and thanks Zhuge for taking the time to create it, i will make sure not to ruin it :mrgreen:
Last edited by Danny on Thu May 10, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

dragonborn99
001 Supporter

Postby dragonborn99 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 pm

I would like to start a group, may I have some assistance?

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 pm

You message Zhuge with your team name and the username of all your members in the group, Zhuge will then set everything up for you when he has the time.

Your team discussion forum will not be viewable by anyone apart those added to your group, and of course Admins and Mods can always see your forum :D

dragonborn99
001 Supporter

Postby dragonborn99 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks, dude!!!!!!!!!

Return to General Discussion