Error positioning party

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Danny
001 Forum Master

Error positioning party

Postby Danny » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:15 pm

I used a position event to positon "Party" onto another map and i get a error.
Attachments
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (6.21 KiB) Viewed 455 times

Lee
001 Support

Re: Error positioning party

Postby Lee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:03 am

Bug report approved.
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:50 pm

As sent in PM, fixed for next beta. The issue was using "party" to move the actor from one place to another. I have fixed some issues with the engine with the use of "party", which fixed this crash and I'm sure others as well. To get around this issue until a new release is made, just use "main" instead.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:08 pm

But if i use "Main" how do i position my other party members? I know that "main" positions the main actor but if use that then it leaves my party behind.

Edit: wow seems main positions party members to, i did not think it did that. Well problem solved for me then :D Thanks Mike.

Return to Technical Support Questions