Kingdom Stories (KS) - RELEASED!!!

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Kingdom Stories (KS) - RELEASED!!!

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Kingdom Stories (KS) RTS
By: Ramchuk Entertainment Games

About
A brief summary of goals and objectives for Kingdom Stories...

Kingdom Stories (KS) is a 2013 RTS currently being developed by Ramchuk Entertainment Games for the PC & Mac Platform. KS features a unique RTS experience never before witnessed with the Engine001 Game Creator. Some brief features on display include the user-friendly interface experience that allows for all mouse point-and-click controls as well as click-and-drag functions. As with the traditional RTS culture in KS players will be able to control various units and use them to defeat opponents. Sandbox abilities include the ability to build structures necessary for a civilization to survive and also decorative features such as planting vegetation and constructing road systems. Now... unlike the traditional RTS approach, REGT aimed to create a more individual-based RTS in which single units are as important as armies with numerous men. In order to achieve this, REGT settled to develop a unique character control system that features individual character inventories and precise unit command tactics. Overall, Kingdom Stories aims to be the "first ever", true RTS, mouse-controlled game ever developed using the Engine001 Game Creator. Most importantly, it is aimed to provide a fun and worth-while experience that differentiates from previous RTS user experiences.

Gameplay
In-Depth discussion regarding Kingdom Stories gameplay objectives...

(Content will be available shortly).

Units
A basic review of units currently available in Kingdom Stories...

: Peasant
The basic unit in Kingdom Stories that can be used to gather resources and build structures.

: Basic Militia / Warrior
The 1st & 2nd Military Unit types which can be equipped with any kind of equipment.

: Advanced Warrior
The most advanced unit in Kingdom Stories that can ride horses to become a Cavalry unit; otherwise, shares identical characteristics that of a Basic Militia or Warrior.

: Mysterious Figure
A mysterious unit with hidden facial features; he ponders the world to search for a lucky fellow who can aid him in his quest.

: Priest
Godly and Holy, this is the only unit capable of healing other units.

: King
Can be appointed in Dictatorship or Monarchy governments.

: Queen
Can be appointed in Dictatorship or Monarchy governments.

Equipment
A basic review of equipment currently available in Kingdom Stories...

KS Equipment is divided into three major categories which includes; Tools, Weapons, and Accessories.

Tools: Contains 3 Items
Weapons: Contains 93 Items
Accessories: Contains 0 Items

*List subject to change.

Structures
A basic review of structures currently available in Kingdom Stories...

: Town Center
Allows creation of Peasant units and is also the center of government up until a Castle.

: Barracks
Allows creation of military units.

: Forge
Allows development and research regarding items/equipment.

: Church
Allows the creation of a Priest unit and also has capabilities of enhancing or securing some global factors.

: Mill
Collects Food from Farms.

: Storehouse
Allows storage of physical resources, all other than Food.

: House
Increases maximum kingdom population.

: Fortress
Allows creation and research of Siege units.

: Hospital
Capable of researching cure from illnesses and also heals units.

: Guard Tower
Provides a major stationary defense and is capable of shooting arrows/bullets to decent distances with acceptable accuracy.

: Castle
Hosts royal parties such as the King and Queen while also being the center of government after a Town Center; additionally provides a Royal Treasury.

Features
Documentation of current features in Kingdom Stories...

CIS.png
CIS.png (10.38 KiB) Viewed 7281 times
Character Identification System (CIS)
Kingdom Stories features a unique and simple to understand CIS which displays all essential information about a targeted unit. When the player moves the cursor over a character a box will appear either to the right or left of the cursor that displays the following (top to down): Unit Type, Unit Level, Health, Attack Statistic, Defense Statistic, and Equipment. As an alternative way to identify a unit, besides a red or green health bar above the unit, the CIS will highlight the Unit Type in the color appropriate to the team. Green represents friendly and red represents hostile units. There is yet a third way to identify teams; when you highlight a unit, the color of the unit will also display in regards to the unit's team.

*The CIS will only not display any statistics or equipment for the Mysterious Figure unit, which is indeed mysterious and therefore unknown.

Console Window Preview.png
Console Window Preview.png (6.66 KiB) Viewed 7039 times
Console System
Like many games, KS features its very own Console that can be accessed from within the game by pressing the "`" key. A dark skinny tab with the input line ":/" will appear at the bottom of the screen which will allow users to input codes. Not all codes are identified as "cheats", because the console is not a Cheat Console; it is a universal controller that can be used by developers and users alike to change settings and modify in-game factors. For cheat purposes, the KS Console allows users for the very first time to specify the amount of a certain resource or item that the player wants to add to the game. This makes cheating quicker for development purposes, as well as players who are impatient.

For various reasons the Console must be activated manually inside the game data folder before it can be used from within the game. Even if activated, the Console may be "blocked" by the [AntiCheatWizard] which can be toggled from within the Skirmish Settings window. Campaign Mode automatically blocks the Console, as it would not be fair to allow users to cheat their way through the game. In Skirmish Mode, players are allowed more flexible approaches to victory and therefore the Console remains a free and open feature.

Complete Feature List
A detailed list documenting all features that are currently available in Kingdom Stories...

(Content will be available on December 25th, 2013)

The Breeze Revolution Graphics
For spectacular visuals and enjoyable gameplay, REGT features graphics made by Green Raven.

Official REGT Soundtracks
All music found within Kingdom Stories was and is composed and published by Ramchuk Entertainment Games. All audio files will be available for the 001 Community for personal and commercial use "once" Kingdom Stories has been officially claimed as completed and a link to file downloads is provided.

Screenshots
Latest visual captures of live gameplay...

Main Menu.png
Main Menu

Inventory System Display.png
Inventory System

Storehouse Collection.png
Storehouse Collection

Mill.png
Mill Collection

Notification Log.png
Notification Log

Demonstration
A short video demonstrating the latest implementation into Kingdom Stories...

*Video made and uploaded by Ramchuk Entertainment Games.
*Showcasing Public v5.0.4

FAQ
Do you have questions? Check below and they may have been already answered...

Q: Why does KS need to have access to the internet during startup?
A: KS RunTimeWizard serves multiple purposes and requires an internet connection. That is simply because one of its functions is to check for any updates which may be available. Due to this system, improperly distributed or shared versions of KS will also not launch if improper data exists. All in all, an internet connection will always be required in order to start the game.

Q: An update for KS was found but the link to the download is disabled... what do I do?
A: Update links will be disabled if a private version is being tested at that time. Your best guess is to wait until the next public version is released.

Q: I'm connected to the internet but I still get an error during startup, is this a bug?
A: There is always a high chance of any issue to be a bug, so you are always advised to ask questions and seek help when issues do come up. When an error is received during startup and your internet connection is fine, there is a high chance that KS servers may be down or under maintenance. Still however, report any abnormal activity.

Q: My unit is stuck and I can't move him anywhere with the mouse, what do I do?
A: Try using W,A,S,D keys to move the unit out of the blocked area. If this does not work, please report it as a bug.

Q: Quitting the game from the In-Game Menu seems to quit the game to Windows. I feel like giving the game another try, can I quickly restart/reload the game?
A: Yes, use "`" to open the Console from within the game and enter "main_restart" to restart the game.

Q: I get an error message saying that the primary storehouse does not exist, what is that all about?
A: A primary storehouse is the primary location other than the Town Center that is used when using resources, such as during a time when you need to build a structure. After selecting a Storehouse you can set the storehouse to be your primary by clicking on the "Primary" button in the bottom-left corner of the Storehouse menu.

Support
Details regarding supporting REGT and its partners...

YouTube Channel - Ramchuk Entertainment Games

Subscribe to our YouTube channel to stay updated on Kingdom Stories and other future projects that we might be involved in. All content posted is created and published by REGT.

Facebook Page - Kingdom Stories (KS)

(Currently under development).

Spread the Word!

Tell your friends about Kingdom Stories... it's the least you can do.

Project Information & Notes

Project Started: August 1st, 2013
Release Date: December 25th, 2013
Credits: Team001, Ramchuk Entertainment Games, & Green Raven.

Contact Information
*Any inappropriate content shared or sent to REGT will be ignored and in any case of abuse will be reported.

Gmail: ramchukentertainmentgames
Kik: SkylineX07

001 Forum Members are encouraged to but are not limited to using PMs as ways of contacting REGT. If you are not a 001 Forum Member you are more than welcome to use any of the above methods to contact us. The above methods exist primarily for non-001 members who may wish to report bugs and/or comments about Kingdom Stories. If you have other reasons for contacting us, please address them clearly.

NOTE: Our email is shared between our team members and the response to your claim will be sent to you within 24 hours after we receive it. Kik is the only method available to contact the primary developer personally and directly.

Release Information
Release History...

-v1.0.0a
-v2.0.1a
-v3.0.2a
-v4.0.3a
-v5.0.4a

Total Versions Released: 5

Public Alpha Released on December 25th, 2013.

Kingdom Stories (KS) is now officially public and available for download from the 001 website in the Games Section. Merry Christmas & Happy 2014!

Download
Download Links...

http://www.engine001.com/games/Kingdom%20Stories%20%28KS%29_2953.htm
Last edited by RamchuK_Ntertainment on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:34 am, edited 17 times in total.
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

DarkEarthDragon
001 Admirer

Re: Kingdom Stories (KS)

Postby DarkEarthDragon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:20 pm

What a magnificent game. I have an affinity for RTS games and this really resonates with me. Can't wait to see more.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:49 am

DarkEarthDragon wrote:What a magnificent game. I have an affinity for RTS games and this really resonates with me. Can't wait to see more.

Check in frequently to stay updated. ;)
Copyrighted©2008-2017

gerardred
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby gerardred » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:34 am

Can't Wait Until it's released, Subscribing On This Topic :D :)

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:42 am

Looking forward to this. Keep it up! :)
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:38 am

Looks quite promising, I am excited to see how your Unit AI operates.

gerardred
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby gerardred » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:42 am

The Graphic Is Nice :D :lol: :)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks you guys! Although it will be a while until something playable comes out of all this, I still have hopes to get something out for the public before Christmas.

Weekly Update 8/12/2013:

Over the last few days I fixed the multiple-unit selection system to now select & deselect units properly; this was an unnoticed bug. I was also able to do some personal graphical work and design a few conceptual structures that you can see in the screenshot section in the main post. These structures will be re-designed to be more detailed, but the main framework will remain the same. The mill has a neat rotating effect and the blacksmith will also feature a smooth smoke effect.

NOTE: All structures depict the "industrialization" era and whether this is bad or good, I have no idea at the moment. I think that this will also mean that I will allow flintlock weapons and possibly the very first muskets as well, but my decision is not yet firm.

Up to this point I have been able to start focusing on the Peasant unit. Over the period of this week I plan to finish "all" of the Peasant's functions. They will include; the ability to move and attack, to gather resources such as wood and also mine, and last but not least, to build and destroy structures. Next week I will update on whether or not I have been able to fully design the peasant unit.
Last edited by RamchuK_Ntertainment on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:25 am

Great combination of graphics and scripting/interfacing. Everything seems to fit very well. Did you make all the graphics yourself?
Who should I really listen to?

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:24 pm

metomunc wrote:Great combination of graphics and scripting/interfacing. Everything seems to fit very well. Did you make all the graphics yourself?

Unfortunately no, I'm not that great of an artist yet. The graphics were done by a 3rd party group, however some graphics, including those for the interfaces, are done or will be re-done by me. Currently the interface icons were either from RPG Maker VX or from the game King Arthur's Gold. These are planned to be replaced with REGTs own graphics once they are completed; currents are temporary.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

DarkEarthDragon
001 Admirer

Postby DarkEarthDragon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:46 pm

RamchuK_Ntertainment wrote:
metomunc wrote:Great combination of graphics and scripting/interfacing. Everything seems to fit very well. Did you make all the graphics yourself?

Unfortunately no, I'm not that great of an artist yet. The graphics were done by a 3rd party group, however some graphics, including those for the interfaces, are done or will be re-done by me. Currently the interface icons were either from RPG Maker VX or from the game King Arthur's Gold. These are planned to be replaced with REGTs own graphics once they are completed; currents are temporary.

Gotta love 3rd party groups. My third party group for graphics crapped out on me so now I am unable to send out a good demo. Fortunately I may still send one out but with less then ideal graphics. Anywho on this topic, I am still very much excited to see how this turns out.
Not sure you need it but please let us know if you need anymore eyes on a piece of code that ain't quite working.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:01 pm

DarkEarthDragon wrote:Gotta love 3rd party groups. My third party group for graphics crapped out on me so now I am unable to send out a good demo. Fortunately I may still send one out but with less then ideal graphics.

I don't strictly rely on 3rd parties, neither do I have contracts with them. I just look for licensed content that allows me to use it in my projects.

DarkEarthDragon wrote:Not sure you need it but please let us know if you need anymore eyes on a piece of code that ain't quite working.

I actually have a question regarding something that you commented on in another post.

DarkEarthDragon wrote:To Ramchuk, you might put a maintain distance from other actors into a units behavior to keep them from sticking or isn't there a "walk through Team" thing you can turn on?

Even though I have decent scripting experience, this idea when you mentioned sounded absolutely wonderful. I have never attempted this so if I may ask, do you have any direct ideas on how to design a system that keeps actors away from each other? Assuming that they will be moving using the Walk To Location or Walk To Closest Location event.

Also regarding the "Walk Through Allied Characters" thing, yes there is an option like that. That is in fact the option that I would love to avoid, but I do use it at times when necessary. You see, when moving multiple units, if this option is enabled all the actors stick into a single actor. If disabled, they get stuck and while moving they stick to a linear formation. I do NOT plan to design "formations" for units, this is simply beyond the need of my game, but you see, there isn't a way that I have been able to discover yet that will allow units to neatly walk together "AND" reach their destination. At the moment I use the WALK TO LOCATION event and while the units travel their team is set to NONE. What I had in mind is to change the team back to GOOD or BAD once the unit reaches their destination. All is well, BUT, ONLY for the 1st unit that is in that line of units. Simply because he is the one that reaches the destination first, everyone else just stops behind him... they never get to reach the destination unless the 1st unit moves, and this prevents me from changing their team back to GOOD or BAD.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I'd also like to mention that if there are any scripters out there that would like to assist me in some script systems, I will gladly and fairly give credit to such individuals in the scripting credits section of the project. If you'd like to help please let me knoe that you're open to requests and I will notify you when I am requiring assistance. It'd be nice to have a scripter that I could contact immidiately and not have to ask and wait for assistance in the Help section of the forum.
Last edited by RamchuK_Ntertainment on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

XenoToxic

Postby XenoToxic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Looks interesting so far, can't wait until it's finished.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:20 am

Weekly Update 8/19/13:

As mentioned within last week's update, my goal for the last 7 days was to try and complete the entire Peasant unit. Fortunately, I was able to finish resource gathering, which included gold, wood, and stone. Now only farming is left to complete. Other than resources, I have worked on some menus and planning in terms of buildings. The Town Center is almost complete and players will soon be able to build it along with other buildings. This week's objective is to polish the menus, develop the farming system for peasants, and allow structures to be built. The economy and diplomatic options are not yet complete. On the side with everything, I was also able to create a unique "console" system that works just like in any other game that you might play. Within the console players will be able to enter cheats and the developer team has quick and easy access to some debug functions within the game. Console features will be further developed over the entire development period.

Other than what has been mentioned, I have also started working on a few in-game menus for the game startup, which include profile/account creation and the main menu. These interfaces will not be complete unit player gameplay is completely developed.

In innovations, I have actually implemented a cool new feature that allows for micromanagement within the game. Now players can take individual control over characters to move them and interact with other characters. This primary features the ability to battle AI units. Speaking of AI, no progress or planning has been done towards the creation of AI. At this very moment even, the game tends to run normally at around 50-60FPS using minimum in-game functions. Moreover, current character behavior and functionality is extremely resource demanding. In the near future I plan to speak to Mike to discuss what can be done to improve the performance of the game. Until then, I will leave things at default.

Last but not least, I have been able to recently team up with a friend of mine, Alvin Ong, who is now my Beta Tester & Content Advisor for the project. With this extra pair of hands I can now finally ease up and continue development without grabbing a lot of pen and paper along the way. This speeds up the development time and allows me to focus on important things in the project. Alvin is also the Voice Actor for character voices within the game. All credit goes to him.

COMPLETED FEATURES:

-Single & Multiple Unit Selection/Movement
-Individual Unit Control
-Resource Gathering

MAJOR FEATURES TO-DO:

-CPU AI System

MAJOR BUGS:

-Improper Multiple Unit Movement
Last edited by RamchuK_Ntertainment on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer

Postby Eclectic gaming » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:49 am

It actually looks really good lol :D good luck and everything.
Google Eclectic Gaming....I dare you. Or Sharpened Steel, you can google that too. Hehehehe.

eclectic-gaming.weebly.com/

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Re: AW: Kingdom Stories (KS)

Postby kerub » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 pm

RamchuK_Ntertainment wrote:Any ideas?

Well, even if you don't plan to implement formations, I'd suggest that you implant at least one. That is, when multiple units are selected and moved to the same position, the script automatically calculates new coordinates for all units so they form up in a circle, square, row or whatever you see fit. This should be even easier if you use tile based movement.

Just don't forget to check the assigned coordinates for collision before sending your actors.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:43 am

Eclectic gaming wrote:It actually looks really good lol :D good luck and everything.

Luck is something that we always need, eh? Thanks EG.

kerub wrote:
RamchuK_Ntertainment wrote:Any ideas?

Well, even if you don't plan to implement formations, I'd suggest that you implant at least one. That is, when multiple units are selected and moved to the same position, the script automatically calculates new coordinates for all units so they form up in a circle, square, row or whatever you see fit. This should be even easier if you use tile based movement.

Just don't forget to check the assigned coordinates for collision before sending your actors.

Well the theory of movement is different from the theory of formations. Moving units requires them to properly not collide unto one another or even walk through one another, while formations actually "form" the "path" of movement. Getting units to stick to a formation will actually be incredible resource demanding, because of all the calculations that have to be done and re-done over and over again. Tile-based movement actually generates the "closest" path to a location specified, so formations are impossible when using the walk to location event. It is possible if I were to use multiple of these events and have the units follow their own unique path... then again, this is exactly what I was talking about, resources. Even right now the amount of calculations that units do, especially the peasant unit, dramatically effects the performance of the game. Now when speaking of multiple units... and moving them... this will create extreme lag.

I still have not been able to design a system that will keep units away from one another, probably because I haven't been focusing on that lately. I will leave the multiple unit topic for the end, but before I get into scripting AI. I did get some ideas from what you said, I might need to create a few extra Collections, but I might be able to create a less resource demanding system than what I have been previously thinking of.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:56 am

Maybe the most simple formation would be to have the units follow one after another in a strait line. It would just be a matter of designating each selected unit in a hierarchy (first, second, third, etc) upon selection. Pathfind for the first one and then have an adjusted delay for each of the other based upon their position in relation to the leader. Like baby ducks following their mama. ;)
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:57 pm

End-Of-Week Update: 8/30/13

Just like many other developers, I have taken some time off from Kingdom Stories to relax and wonder around other things; in fact, I have been able to work on a "quicky" project that will be released sometime in September. As far as news concerning KS, like I have mentioned, I have taken some time off and did not really spend a lot of time even just thinking about it. My TO-DO list is filled with notes and I will be resuming development very shortly. A private Alpha version will be ready in October. For those awaiting something to play, that means that I will be able to make the Christmas deadline! Although it is 100% a true fact that a "full" version will NOT be released this Christmas, I will still get you guys something to play before 2014.

Fireleaf wrote:Maybe the most simple formation would be to have the units follow one after another in a strait line. It would just be a matter of designating each selected unit in a hierarchy (first, second, third, etc) upon selection. Pathfind for the first one and then have an adjusted delay for each of the other based upon their position in relation to the leader. Like baby ducks following their mama. ;)

Fireleaf... you might have just saved my life... I'm not sure yet, but if you did, you are a genius. Having a delay is perhaps the simplest and easiest way for me to achieve what I would like to achieve... without having to change teams. I'm definitely taking note of this and will be able to try it. As of the current moment the system automatically moves units in a "linear" formation. This is due to the nature of path-finding in 001. The closest route to a target is calculated and therefore most actors follow a similar/identical line of movement. As you have suggested though, I believe my problem may be solved. There is some room for error, like possible interference by the enemy or other friendly actors who are not selected, but I already feel like a few Actor Variables can do the trick to make sure nothing wicked happens. It seems that a "delay" is just what I have been looking for... the timing should not be too hard to calculate, since most/all units have a similar or identical moving speed. In order to go around this I think that while moving units overall, I should disable the option to allow units to move through "allied" characters, this will make sure that even when moving multiple units, only the "leader" (the closest actor to the objective point) walks directly to a point and everyone else moves to a location "closest" to that. If walking through allied characters is disabled, that means actors will not walk into one another. :D Problem fixed; in theory!

Thanks Fireleaf for the idea, I will definitely get back to you as soon as I test and see if it works properly.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

DanielQP
001 Admirer

Postby DanielQP » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:55 am

The scripts and design are so cool!
The way you use the interfaces and fields mean that you know exactly what you are doing, I love that kinda of thing. If you ever need something just say ok? I can do something especially for your game. :>
"Programadores passam 50% do seu tempo corrigindo bugs. Os outros 50% são gastos criando eles."
(¨´*
(¨*•.¸ (¨ ´*•.¸ •.¸
DanielQP - `•.¸) ´•.¸)

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:24 pm

If all your maps were the same size, it would make the math for navigation much easier. Then again, you can create a base dependent on a single variable as a starting point for all other positions in formations as well.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

DanielQP
001 Admirer

Postby DanielQP » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Looks interesting... we could discuss more about that. :p
For now I'm trying to make the better way to salve information about all modification that you do in your house, for example for the tiles.. You will be able to buy and put the tiles in your house, or delete them of course, and I wouldn't like to make one table for each Tile for each player.. So I'm trying to make my own system that will take the position X,Y of that tile and the name and convert that to a minimum information like: L16410,L16510... L1 means the name of the tile 64 means the position X in tile 64*32 = 2048 pixels and the 10 is the position Y... like that what do you guys think? so I think in this way would be much better.
"Programadores passam 50% do seu tempo corrigindo bugs. Os outros 50% são gastos criando eles."
(¨´*
(¨*•.¸ (¨ ´*•.¸ •.¸
DanielQP - `•.¸) ´•.¸)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:07 pm

DanielQP wrote:Looks interesting... we could discuss more about that. :p
For now I'm trying to make the better way to salve information about all modification that you do in your house, for example for the tiles.. You will be able to buy and put the tiles in your house, or delete them of course, and I wouldn't like to make one table for each Tile for each player.. So I'm trying to make my own system that will take the position X,Y of that tile and the name and convert that to a minimum information like: L16410,L16510... L1 means the name of the tile 64 means the position X in tile 64*32 = 2048 pixels and the 10 is the position Y... like that what do you guys think? so I think in this way would be much better.

Does this relate to Kingdom Stories? :-P
Copyrighted©2008-2017

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Postby AnvilHouse » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:16 pm

DanielQP wrote:Looks interesting... we could discuss more about that. :p

Does this relate to Kingdom Stories? :-P

I smell a thread hijack...big no no! :x
---

So how is the multiple selection/movement coming along?...Or are you still on break from KS?

Also...have you thought about running AI on non-selected units? Like engage and attack when units enter a certain proximity?

Final note...when can we see that selection script :lol:
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

DanielQP
001 Admirer

Postby DanielQP » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Oh man... I placed it in the wrong place. Sorry
I noticed just now... Hope you forgive me >.<
(¨´*
(¨*•.¸ (¨ ´*•.¸ •.¸
DanielQP - `•.¸) ´•.¸)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm

DanielQP wrote:Oh man... I placed it in the wrong place. Sorry
I noticed just now... Hope you forgive me >.<

It's fine, I was just confused if you were giving me a hint on developing a system or if it was something else, because for me it didn't seem necessary. :lol:

AnvilHouse wrote:So how is the multiple selection/movement coming along?...Or are you still on break from KS?

I have learned in the past that if you leave a project alone for long enough that if it's a worth-while project you'll eventually come back to it excited to do more work on it. I took a break, but I'm somewhat back. I am experimenting with Fireleafs idea on how to make the "movement" system work at this very moment.

AnvilHouse wrote:Also...have you thought about running AI on non-selected units? Like engage and attack when units enter a certain proximity?

I'm not at the stage of AI development yet, however, I have a concrete plan on paper on how I plan to work this out. AI responsiveness does not depend on whether or not a unit is selected. Instead, players can specify the status of AI for units from 3 options: Passive, Defensive, and Aggressive. As simple as it sounds, this is a very basic AI system that allows for in-depth management of every single individual unit. Passive simply relates to the unit ignoring "everything", even if it's under attack. Defensive means AI will respond/trigger when the unit is attacked, and Aggressive relates to the basic "path-finding" AI in Engine001 that will make units attack an enemy once the enemy is in their line of sight.

Units within KS do not have supernatural powers or abilities to look 360 degrees around them, but the player can. Unlike in many games were some game actions are performed for the player, in KS players must be aware of everything at all times. Although it seems like a lot of work, all elements seem to bond well together at the moment and therefore I will continue to allow as much control for the player of units and their kingdom as possible.

AnvilHouse wrote:Final note...when can we see that selection script

I would not want to release/display something that I worked on very hard just as simple as that... It took me 2 years or so before I released a side-scroller random terrain generator for the public, and I have several other neat stuff that I plan to release in the future, but it all takes time. Usually what I come up with at first is a complicated theory, so before I release something I try to simplify it. I believe in user-friendly content, so if something is complicated, I keep it to myself and once I figured out how to explain it, I show others. I have considered that maybe after KS is complete, I can write a tutorial about RTS games; which will include all the popular elements like AI, unit selection and movement, resource gathering, and building, etc. I may or may not do this, but I will consider it later once again, just as long as KS turns out to be successful.

Midweek Update 9/11/13:

Up to this point I have been able to tinker around the Multiple Unit Movement System (MUMS) to make it work properly and effectively. Although I have not had much luck, I'm still doing my best to figure something out. I feel success coming my way soon. What I "have" been able to do in the last few days however, are just a few small tweaks to what I already have accomplished.

When moving a single unit, a red arrow no longer appears to signify movement. Instead, a green squre marks the tile location. With this, I rescripted single unit movement to move the unit to a "tile" location instead of a general targeted location. This is more effective because it prevents units getting stuck and also keeps all units neatly organized, since now they move tile-by-tile. Players can still use the W, A, S, & D keys to control a unit individually; this feature still remains.

Additions:

-Loading Screen Concept
-Main Menu Concept
Copyrighted©2008-2017

DanielQP
001 Admirer

Postby DanielQP » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 am

About this "Multiple Unit Movement System" What you did so far?
It sounds a great system to work on, I am interested in how it will work.
I'll try make something like that too. Just for fun. :P

Ok I mean something more simple you know? like that:

You can see little better after I die about 00:46 :D
Last edited by DanielQP on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(¨´*
(¨*•.¸ (¨ ´*•.¸ •.¸
DanielQP - `•.¸) ´•.¸)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:22 pm

DanielQP wrote:About this "Multiple Unit Movement System" What you did so far?
It sounds a great system to work on, I am interested in how it will work.
I'll try make something like that too. Just for fun. :P

Ok I mean something more simple you know? like that:

You can see little better after I die about 00:46 :D

You've been able to get units to properly get in a formation... I haven't been able to do that. At least I haven't given a hard thought about it yet. That's really impressive and it even seems like it could be a fix for me... Of course, I have no idea how you did it. :-P Also, while moving the units seem "disoriented" a little, they don't follow simple path finding, so I'm assuming you tweaked either their directions or the points to which they move to.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

DanielQP
001 Admirer

Postby DanielQP » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 am

Yeah this is not a perfect system but I think could be used like a different option, The good thing with this system is because you can program exactly where each unit will be, so you could do different formations to get different tactics:
04.png
04.png (2.32 KiB) Viewed 2020 times

This system works in this way: The first guy who is selected will be the one who will lead all other guys, of course you could change this to make all guys selected follow you (the main) instead the first one selected.

Maybe it could help you discover something better huh? I don't know how your game works so you kinda need to figured out by yourself :p

If it not help What I believe it won't lol we can think in something else, I have others ideas that I haven't tried yet.

I'll send you this game :p
(¨´*
(¨*•.¸ (¨ ´*•.¸ •.¸
DanielQP - `•.¸) ´•.¸)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:45 am

I took a look at the project that you sent me. I have to say, it gets the job done, even though it's very resource demanding. It's labor demanding also. Every unit is scripted to go to a specific area; this means scripting every possible unit or somehow making variables do the job. Still, it's a lot of work. I'm not being lazy about it, I just like resource-friendly concepts. Your idea however, gave me an idea. It's somewhat similar to what Fireleaf was suggesting earlier and like you did, have a leader of some sort. Well I'm thinking of simply assigning coordinates to units of where they're supposed to move. The "closest" unit to the destination will always be the leader, not the first unit selected, and he will walk to his destination directly. Throughout the journey of units who are moving, I will check if the coordinate to where the units are moving is blocked or not. (Maybe another unit will be in their spot or someone just planted a tree or some other kind of blocking). If the coordinate is blocked, the unit will move to a "random" position around the original coordinate with let's say a 48 pixel radius. If that location is not blocked that will automatically become the new destination coordinate and the check will once again apply in case any new blocks come in the way. It's not too resource-demanding, because I need to use just one When Trigger in units and everything else is calculated with a short script that should execute in just one second, which shouldn't even show a delay while units are moving.

Visual Diagram Concept:

MUMS.png

Coordinate (x,y) will not be a "random" value number, instead I will use Integer Division by 32, then times 32 and add 16 to get the center of a tile around the blocked area. This will make sure that every unit moves to the center of a tile and not just to a random value, this makes calculations faster and prevents collision bugs.

If my theory of using 48 pixels as a radius makes units be too far away from one another, like by one tile, I will simply change the radius to 32 pixels and that should do the job, all units will be boxed in harmony. This prevents me from setting up formations, but I will consider using a Table to create geometric shapes with regards to the size of the table being the amount of units selected +1 times the same number +1, so it's always a cube that has a center tile. (If the number of units is divisible by 2 I will add 1, if it's an odd number, no 1 will be added.) This tile will always be for the leader, all else will be determined by other factors, but once again, this is just a theory. It seems simply. The center is the original leader coordinate (x,y) and all other tiles around are visual representations of the actual map, as if. Using the blocking check, I can resize the table properly and select new coordinates. I'm not sure if I will try to implement this, but it's worth a shot.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

DanielQP
001 Admirer

Postby DanielQP » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Thats is a brilliant idea! and should be more easy too, l thought you wanted they walking in the same way like I did, but yeah in this way it will be more like a group of human walking, not a bunch of robots :D
(¨´*
(¨*•.¸ (¨ ´*•.¸ •.¸
DanielQP - `•.¸) ´•.¸)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:57 pm

Update 9/24/13:

The last couple of days were extremely busy, but nevertheless I was able to get a little work done. I have started to work on an Inventory System which is very basic, so user-friendly. Other than this I was also able to get some work done on the Main Menu. Although, there is still a lot of work to be done. Something new that I have added is "help text" on the Command Window that will basically give some extra information about a certain button that the player has selected before they click on it. Help Text by default will be turned on, but may be toggled off in the Options. (The Options Window is nowhere near started).

I am hoping to polish the project a little more in the next few weeks so that by the end of October I can make a Developer Diary YouTube video. In that video I hope to discuss some features that are in development and walk the audience through a quick startup using a peasant unit to gather resources and build a few structures. The video will hopefully give a better idea of what KS is going to be like to those who are patiently waiting its release. A Public Alpha version is still scheduled to be released on December 25th of this year, so mark your calendar so that you don't forget! ;)

(Some obvious performance issues may occur while playing KS in Windowed Mode and although there is nothing that "I" can do to resolve the issue, I will provide some form of external Documentation that will address "all" performance issues and give a few tips on how you can make the game run better. Although KS is not a Graphically Demanding project, there are many "background" tasks that are necessary in order for the game to run properly, therefore users will low-end PCs will encounter some lag. Minimum FPS is still set to 0 and will remain this way for the Public Alpha, so it may be of some benefit to low-end users. Currently KS runs at around 50-70 FPS in Windowed Mode and a strong 60 in Full Screen Mode. More information about performance will be provided in the future).
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:33 pm

Cool. It's looking really great so far. The art style looks very crisp and colorful and the interface work is top notch.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:30 am

looks awesome. You recon You'll finnish it in 3 Months ^^? omg..

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:15 pm

evs wrote:looks awesome. You recon You'll finnish it in 3 Months ^^? omg..

My plan is to release an Alpha version in December. This version however will have a lot of content that is very essential to the game. Therefore, the next version following that, sometime in 2014 will be a Beta. In the Alpha version players will be able to just see how the game will play, so construction, unit development and all that is going to be implemented. There won't be any AI however, and that's the primary reason why it's an Alpha version. Hopefully the public release will provide a lot of feedback to me about what I need to change or fix, so very soon after I may have fixed versions of the Alpha. The Beta will be the closest thing to the actual gameplay, but it is very likely that it will contain bugs. That however, is all in the future. KS "will" be released as a full version in 2014 though. It may seem like a long wait, but it's sure an exciting one and I bet you guys will find it worthy.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:49 am

sweet.. how are we going to play if thers no AI? .anyway I guess it'll be ready when its ready hey

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:36 pm

evs wrote:sweet.. how are we going to play if thers no AI? .anyway I guess it'll be ready when its ready hey

Don't worry, AI will be arriving just as soon as everything gameplay-wise for the player is complete.

Update: 10/3/13

It's the beginning of October and with each following day we're getting closer and closer to December. This update is somewhat large, because a lot of new things have been added to KS, but let me break it down into brief details.

Game Startup

Finally, after some time, KS has a full completed startup. This incorporates all the necessary interfaces and their functions. Although KS is currently developed under a Freeware license, some restrictions may apply under this license. As of this update, KS uses a script by the name of "KS RunTimeWizard" which will execute only with full internet access. Moreover, KS will not start if you are using an outdated version of the game. Some may debate this decision, but this is the best system as of the current moment to prevent illegal copies of the game to be run in the future if the Freeware license is expanded to a Premium. In addition, this will ensure that you "always" have the latest version of the game with the most recent updates and bug fixes. Offline run time ability may or may not be added in the future.

NOTE: Although KS RunTimeWizard needs an internet connection to execute, you will no longer require an internet connection to play offline.

Main Menu

KS has a very basic main menu as of right now. From the main menu players will be able to play in Domination Mode, access Multiplayer features (currently unavailable), and review/adjust game options.

Gameplay: Domination Mode

Domination Mode was once debated to be a Campaign... instead, I have decided to introduce a new label. It may not sound as attractive as the term Campaign, but it is indeed very different with some similarities. Domination Mode is currently planned to contain 10 levels for the player to enjoy. Each level offers a brand new environment and a much greater challenge than the previous level. The first level is known to be the "easiest". Level difficulty is determined by several factors, one of them being AI difficulty, something that has not been developed yet. Another factor is resource availability and the environment. In order to understand why this poses a great challenge, the player must first understand that KS aims to be a challenging experience with many semi-realistic features. Resources in KS are extremely important and lack of them creates obvious problems. Unlike in other RTS games, resources do not deplete. They are stationary and may be gathered at any time by a peasant who has proper equipment. When fewer resource locations exist, players will be forced to battle their opponents in order to survive and "dominate" the other side. Although it may seem like domination is the objective, KS is not aimed to force the player into any kind of decision. Everything is regulated and controlled by the playing parties, including AI. These things include management of Finances, Politics, and the Social side of a kingdom.

NOTE: More details regarding gameplay will be provided on the main post when available.

Unit Features

The Peasant unit is currently the main and primary unit that is being developed and improved as time goes. Currently, peasants are the only units able to construct and demolish structures, as well as being the only units who can gather resources. Several days ago, I have completed the Individual Unit Inventory System (IUIS) which allows any unit to carry any item that you equip. This however does not give any more function to a unit than that unit is originally meant to have. Although peasants can carry heavy military items/weapons, they still do not have access to military tactic abilities like patrolling or guarding an area. Similarly, military units can have equipment necessary for building structures or gathering resources, but they will not have access to these features.

Something completely unique that has been added is the ability of units to walk through and into water. Many RTS games do not allow this. Although units "can" walk through water, they can also drown if they run out of air while being "under" water.

Last but not least, units can now get sick with common diseases as well as more tough to cure ones. This feature is simply a realistic addition that will spice up gameplay and force the player to consider the game world to be as close as possible to the real world. All units are exposed to the threat of disease, but higher level units will be less vulnerable.

Update: 10/6/13

Posted new Screenshots of the Private Alpha v3.0.2...
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 am

wow can't believe i overlooked this topic. Great game Ramchuk, looks very professional. I will be staying updated on this game it actually looks very interesting. Well done :D

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:44 pm

For the Dominion mode, you guys should make this available once players have completed the game. I'm not sure if that was your intention or not, but I think after players have experience the main gameplay, they are more susceptible of trying out new challenges. Additionally, I usually like trying to defeat the main game in order to unlock something that's worthy of being unlock. This sounds like a good reward, and it makes players want to check it out.

Chowow
001 Admirer

Postby Chowow » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:43 pm

Wow! Everything about this looks so clean and polished. I really like the idea of the console system. Something like that would be handy for making any game, I would think. Like if you wanted to jump through levels or go to particular maps really fast. :)
Thanks for reading this post. :)
"There are only two ways to live; as if nothing is a miracle, or as if everything is a miracle."

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:16 am

Danny wrote:wow can't believe i overlooked this topic. Great game Ramchuk, looks very professional. I will be staying updated on this game it actually looks very interesting. Well done :D

Thanks Danny! I'm glad you like it.

serrafina wrote:For the Dominion mode, you guys should make this available once players have completed the game. I'm not sure if that was your intention or not, but I think after players have experience the main gameplay, they are more susceptible of trying out new challenges. Additionally, I usually like trying to defeat the main game in order to unlock something that's worthy of being unlock. This sounds like a good reward, and it makes players want to check it out.

Well currently, Domination Mode is supposed to replace Skirmish, as in the idea of Free gameplay (get in and play), while at the same time requiring the player to win a map in order to unlock the next one. Originally this was even supposed to replace any kind of Campaign Mode that would eventually become available. As of right now it's really difficulty to predict what steps the project is going to follow next, but as my primary objective of KS, I want to make it as open as possible, allowing players to write their own stories, just like the title suggests. It's too early to say how the leveling and map structure is going to go, currently I'm just working on implementing gameplay features. Thank you for your suggestion though, we will definitely consider making various contents of the game being locked so that the player can unlock them.

Chowow wrote:Wow! Everything about this looks so clean and polished. I really like the idea of the console system. Something like that would be handy for making any game, I would think. Like if you wanted to jump through levels or go to particular maps really fast. :)

Thank you Chowow! The console is indeed a very handy tool, both for developers and players. It does require some extra complex scripting, but definitely worth it if you want to save time later on.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Eclectic gaming
001 Admirer

Postby Eclectic gaming » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:26 pm

This looks really good! Can't wait until there's some sort of demo to try out or something. I honestly can say I think this sort of game hasn't been done before with Engine001, so I look forward to how it turns out :D
Google Eclectic Gaming....I dare you. Or Sharpened Steel, you can google that too. Hehehehe.

eclectic-gaming.weebly.com/

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:50 pm

Eclectic gaming wrote:This looks really good! Can't wait until there's some sort of demo to try out or something. I honestly can say I think this sort of game hasn't been done before with Engine001, so I look forward to how it turns out :D

It's truly exciting and the best part is, it's turning out really well so far! :D

Update 10/15/13:

Kingdom Stories now has a completely re-designed Construction Menu that features easy Category browsing, cost on display, and a brand new look! Although many of you will never see the default system/menu, you "will" get to enjoy the re-mastered and improved version.

Only 70 days left before Christmas! I hope everyone is excited about KS's first release to the public coming so soon. With so little time left, there is still a lot of work left to be done. On the bright side, we are on schedule! Expect an update delay after the current one as I will be away in order to focus on development. I'll see you guys on November 1st with a major update!

Update 11/01/13:

REGT is back and as promised, today is the big day to once again discuss the progress that has been made up to this point. If you have been following the development story of KS, today is a big day. Only less than 2 months left before a Public Release to the public! Read on for more details about this update:

HISTORY & ABOUT:

Up to date, only 4 versions of KS Alpha have been released to be privately tested by my beta tester. Just recently, I released v4.0.3 to be tested and today I will be reviewing the report that has been generated. Although many bugs from previous versions have been fixed, as KS gains more content, more bugs are surely to be discovered. Up to this point in development KS has been carefully planned and developed in order to offer the best gameplay mechanics possible. Today, the majority of primary objectives for the project have been completed and players will be able to review basic gameplay. Extended and extra features have not yet been implemented, but the upcoming public release of v5.0.4 will offer additional features to the currently standing ones.

RIGHT NOW In KS Players Can:

-Build 3 structures that include; the Town Center, Storehouse, and Mill.
-Plant vegetation that includes; a Tree and Farm.
-Access Storehouse features which include; storing, exporting, and importing resources.
-Access Mill features which include; generating, exporting, and importing food.
-Gather all 4 resources that include; gold, food, wood, and stone.
-Upgrade units up to Level 10.
-Access unit inventory in which you can; equip 3 different tools; axe, hammer, and pickaxe.
-Explore 1 open map.
-Access the Command Window.
-Open the Log Book.
-Manually control/move units with WASD and Arrow Keys.

What to expect in Public Alpha v5.0.4?

You've all been waiting for it and it's coming soon, but some of you, if not all, may be wondering what the public release will be like or about. It is not a hidden fact that KS is under heavy development and still has lots of work that needs to be done, but everyone wants to try KS to see what it will be all about. Luckily, I will tell you all about it below:

Public Alpha v5.0.4 is planned to be released on December 25th, 2013, just as many of you know. This version will be an extended version of the recently released "private" alpha v4.0.3. What that means is that more features will be added to the current ones with the addition of bug fixes and enhancements to the current features. Up to this point players were only able to navigate one unit throughout the world map and all the work has been done only with that unit. Surely, the 001 Community wants to see as much implementation into the game as possible in the early stages of development. The good news are, we are ready for this leap as many necessary features have been already added to the game. Therefore, in v5.0.4 expect the following changes/additions:

-Accessible Town Center
-Peasant unit creation
-Ability to build a house
-Startup/Gameplay Tutorial

It may not seem much of an addition in the upcoming 2 months, but our primary focus will be on making KS stable and bug-free, or at least to a high extent. I hope you guys are more excited than ever, stay tuned for more updates and always feel free to ask any questions that you may have regarding the project. Thank You!
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm very much looking forward to this, as I'm a sucker for real-time strategy games. With that said, it doesn't sound like the alpha is going to offer all that much. I realise that it is only an alpha version however even for an alpha you'd expect a good portion of the core mechanics to be implemented (AKA the AI system). From the sounds of it, there won't be anything to play against. I realise that it's probably the most challenging part of creating the game but that's all the more reason that it should have priority. Anyway, best of luck with this! I hope you see it through to the end :)!

(seriously, if you abandon the project I'll be furious :P)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah, unfortunately this Alpha is indeed going to be a bit small for an alpha, but consider it as a public demonstration of player gameplay features. It's not much and there's much to be done, but I want to get something out to the public for Christmas, so it's either this or nothing. I will try to add some extras to what is expected, but if I can't, I won't. I do try and work by priorities and in my case I decided to prioritize the bones before the actual brains, if that makes sense. I want to allow players to play the game all by themselves until I start working on AI. The AI has to be compatible with everything that the player does, so that's my thinking. I don't want to jump into AI scripts early, because later I will have to make a lot of changes if new features are added to the game. I'd rather wait longer, but have a better compiled AI in the end. It will get here eventually, so no worries.

Lee wrote:(seriously, if you abandon the project I'll be furious )

This is a big project that I'm very passionate about and no way am I going to abandon it. It's looking very good and I enjoy working on it, so as long as I get good feedback from players, I will continue to enhance and contribute to the project. Even if I get critique I will try and use it in a positive way. There's always room to make something better than it already is.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:18 am

RamchuK_Ntertainment wrote:I do try and work by priorities and in my case I decided to prioritize the bones before the actual brains, if that makes sense. I want to allow players to play the game all by themselves until I start working on AI. The AI has to be compatible with everything that the player does, so that's my thinking. I don't want to jump into AI scripts early, because later I will have to make a lot of changes if new features are added to the game. I'd rather wait longer, but have a better compiled AI in the end. It will get here eventually, so no worries.

Ah, fair enough. That does actually make sense.

Just know that I'm in full support of this project. You can expect some feedback when the alpha is released, as I'd really like to see this project blossom into something amazing! :D

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Are there technological advancements at all, sort of like the AOE ages? Or upgrades?

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Kingdom Stories (KS) - UPDATE!!!

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:08 am

Lee wrote:Just know that I'm in full support of this project. You can expect some feedback when the alpha is released, as I'd really like to see this project blossom into something amazing! :D

Thank you Lee for the support, I really appreciate it. :)

metomunc wrote:Are there technological advancements at all, sort of like the AOE ages? Or upgrades?

I wanted to stay away from AoE as far as possible in terms of gameplay in KS, so the AoE idea of advancements has not been implemented. That however, doesn't mean that players do not gain or make progress in the game. Nor does it eliminate the idea of advancement. Instead, my goal is to implement everything naturally so that it is in a way related to the real world. I thought this approach would be more original and more entertaining, rather than pressing a button and you get sent into a new age with new technologies. There are still some things which you can upgrade with a click of a button and one of those things is upgrading unit statistics. Another upgrade option will be implemented into the Guard Tower structure; players will be able to upgrade the tower for better accuracy, strength, and defense weaponry. Other things may be implemented as well, but they're not worthy of being mentioned at this time.

To give you guys an idea of what I mean when I say to allow "natural" advancement, I'd like to take a look at the Hospital structure in the game.

The Hospital is a special structure that heals wounded units and also allows curing of diseases. Since in KS units can get sick with different illnesses, these illnesses are always mysterious and unknown until they are looked at by the Hospital. At the Hospital, players can "research" cure for a particular illness that may be discovered in one of the units that gets sick. After a cure has been discovered, units who get sick will be known to have the illness and it will no longer be mysterious. Units with an illness that a cure for exists will be treated quickly and effectively. So what does this have to say about "natural" advancement? Well, as you see, by researching and finding cure for diseases you'll be able to treat patients and therefore having to lose less units. Some diseases could take more time to research and that will cost lives, just like in the real world. The "advancement" in the Medical Field is natural because the player just gets more tools that will help overcome a problem. Thus, making the player more stable or advanced in that particular area.

I plan to use the same idea in other areas of the game such as economy and warfare. Instead of pressing a button player will be able to "naturally" learn about and overcome obstacles. This also includes the ability to progress and make your kingdom better, stronger, and more advanced.

I have several ideas that I have taken note of for the future in terms of advancements and all, but they are for the later stages of the project and may never be implemented. I just like my current idea of natural progression. This allows players to truly explore and learn about the game. What fun is it when everything is labeled and all you have to do is press buttons? ;)

Update: 12/18/13

Just 2 days away from the public beta test phase, there are some changes to report. Here at REGT, we know how long you guys had to wait for a public release and how much teasing you actually went through, but the public release date is only "7 days away"!!! Two days from today our beta testers are going to give their best shot at testing KS for maximum stability, then in about a week, KS will be available for download from the Games Section of 001. As some of you are already aware, KS v5.0.4 is a "demonstrational" alpha and lacks very many features. Please DO NOT expect much perfection as of right now, but please DO continue to support the project and tell us what you think after you try the demonstration. Please remember that performance issues will be fixed, or should be, with the next engine001 update, expect lag and low FPS. As mentioned, here are some changes to our previous v5.0.4 plan:

KS Public Initial Release will no longer offer Peasant Creation.

We have decided to re-design our Town Center and therefore will need to delay peasant creation. Instead, we gave players 2 peasants to begin with, instead of 1 originally. You can use click-and-drag selection for units, but movement will be disabled as well. MUMS has not been implemented yet, it is however planned to be released for the Demo Version. Another big change that we have decided on is to remove the Multiplayer option. KS will no longer be planned for multiplayer support. Instead, we will try and implement some kind of online features for players to use, but this will be done in the future, not anytime soon. Domination Mode is planned as before, but with a similar system to a Quick Play option in games. Players will be able to jump into a map and play against an AI opponent. All players will begin with one map available and victory will be required to unlock new maps. Saving is planned to be only available in the Demo.

If something was not mentioned above, but in the past we promised it to be included in v5.0.4, it will be included.

Thank you for your patience, we hope that you will continue to be patient as this project grows and progresses. Our delays and long development time is only for the better and promises to offer an ultimate product in the end, so please don't lose hope and continue to support us. We have limited time, but we do our best. Thanks again!

Update: 12/22/13

Starting January 6th of 2014, I will be looking for full-time artists that could create sprites for all units in KS and might also be able to design structures. If you are capable of performing such tasks and would also like to be eligible for premium benefits when KS is completed, please PM me with your interest and I will supply you with more information. In the coming weeks there will be a dedicated Forum Topic for this discussion, but in case you do not visit other Forum sections, the heads up is here.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

kararty
Ultimate 001 Member

Kingdom Stories (KS) - Review

Postby kararty » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Kingdom Stories (KS)

A game where you build your Kingdom and where you write its story.
From the little of what I've played of the alpha version I can
surely say that this game is good and definitely worth to check out.
I noticed that this game has flaws which are that the story (from the little I've seen)
is very linear and not a story which would capture the gamers eye.
This is ALPHA of course and I understand that the story isn't the big focus right now and I am pretty sure that the story will become better with time.
Ah now for the graphics, I've heard that these graphics are temporary:
RamchuK_Ntertainment wrote:------
These are planned to be replaced with REGTs own graphics once they are completed; currents are temporary.

so I can't say anything about the graphics, yet.
This game has potentional, keep up the good work.
- KararTY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingdom Stories (KS) ALPHA

Amazing scripts, amazing idea and a very lovely name.
4.5/5

Image<~~~|Get over here!

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Re: Kingdom Stories (KS) - NEW VIDEO!!!

Postby metomunc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:58 am

What graphic style are you shooting for in the final product?

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Kingdom Stories (KS) - NEW VIDEO!!!

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Actually, I was referring to some of the icon graphics in the Unit Command Window. Tile-sets are final, structures will be edited, and units will be redone. So the style will remain as is, but some changes will be made to the items mentioned.

Kingdom Stories (KS) Public Alpha v5.0.4 Final Release Notes

-Added: Day & Time System (12hour)
-Changed: Only 1 unit can build a structure now
-Added: Auto-Equip Item feature
-Added: New Tutorial Sections
-Added: Map Variables (Dynamic Temperature & Humidity)

In-Depth

Day & Time System

On the HUD in the top-right hand-corner of the screen you will see two new items that display the current day and the current time. The clock is configured for 12 hours and also displays am and pm. Currently this feature has no use, but in the future it will be used to control the dynamic weather as well as world temperature values. This will have an effect on some gameplay parameters as well.

Building Structures

Just like only one unit can gather a resource at a time, only one unit can build a structure. This has been done to improve the game's performance and also prevent certain bugs with the construction system. It is also fair to allow only one unit to a job, since KS is meant to simulate supply and demand factors, which this change contributes to. Overall, this is a gameplay feature that makes life more simple.

Auto-Equip

Previous to this release, KS required that a certain tool be equipped for a certain job that was ordered. If you did not have the item equipped, you'd get a reminder message. In v5.0.4 Auto-Equip simply automatically equips the required item when it's necessary. This is a feature that can be toggled in the Options Menu later to enhance realism or just add more responsibility to the player.

Tutorial

KS offers many new features to the RTS genre and if you have never faced them before, it might be difficult to get started. Although controls are user-friendly, it wouldn't hurt to read the tutorials so that you have a better idea of how KS works.

Dynamic Temperature & Humidity

In the future this will have an impact on the dynamic weather and also effect crop seasons and growth.

I hope you guys will enjoy KS so far and continue to support the project. Thank you for your patience, but please continue to stick around! Merry Christmas!
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Danny
001 Forum Master

Re: Kingdom Stories (KS) - RELEASED!!!

Postby Danny » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:13 am

Downloaded your game from the website.

So far the game looks very promising and is something that i would actually enjoy playing and is actually one of the genres am into. Well done :D

I did find a few problems that i will list below.

The mouse movement is to slow, i think this is an issue with 001 itself, the inability to change cursor speed. So not your fault.

I got confused and had no idea what to do, i didn't even know how to collect resources to make a storehouse for 100 wood, maybe thats my fault as i did ignore everything on the information screen. :oops:

I managed to travel quite a distance and even went for a little swim in the sea, really love the oxygen meter :D Anyway for some reason i got my peasant stuck behind a tree and no matter what i did he/she wouldn't move, after a while of being stuck i decided to quit, as i did so the game faded out and remained faded out, the cursor stopped moving and i was given my default windows cursor back with the ingame cursor still stuck on the screen. I had to Alt-F4

Also i can group units and highlight them but cant seem to move grouped units, only 1 unit at a time.

Anyway really enjoyed the brief play-through and cant wait until this is completed fully, brilliant game from what i saw so far. Well done Ramchuk dont give up on this one.

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby kerub » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:48 am

Oh, the music! Extremely repetitive and thus highly annoying after a short while. Other than that, this looks very promising. Nice, polished graphics, and the FOW system is really impressive, and lag free! Wonder how much time that cost you :P I have a few suggestions, though.

1. Change the music. See above :D
2. You should make units carry on with their current gathering tasks after they completed a resource. For example, a worker chops down a tree, brings the wood to the nearest Storehouse, than goes back to his original position and then chops down the next, nearest tree. This would be a big help in avoiding too much micro-management.
3. Just for aesthetic reasons, make those workers face the thing the are working on. It's kinda strange to see a worker looking away from a rock yet mining it.
4. Less trees. The whole map is kinda cluttered with them. Instead, make spots filled with trees and also empty spaces to build your structures (and later on gather your armies).
5. The music.
6. Why not have windows close automatically once the player is done with them? E.g. the construction window. I don't want to manually close that after placing a single building. This includes the "Done" button.
7. Why not have units automatically begin construction once a building has been placed? Again, less micro-management, faster gameplay, more fun.
8. What about 16:9 resolution? =) 4:3 is pretty uncommon nowadays.
9. I don't know if that is possible, but you could make the FOW less dark at places your units have already visited. Like in Age of Empires.

Apart from that, I did not encounter any crashes like Danny, and the Cursor moves fast enough at my end.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:10 am

Danny wrote:The mouse movement is to slow, i think this is an issue with 001 itself, the inability to change cursor speed. So not your fault.

By cursor do you specifically mean the cursor pointer or cursor scrolling speed, like panning the map? If the cursor pointer speed, does the cursor seem to move slower when in-game than when in-menu? If so, how much RAM is installed on your computer and how much video-dedicated memory do you have?

Danny wrote:I managed to travel quite a distance and even went for a little swim in the sea, really love the oxygen meter Anyway for some reason i got my peasant stuck behind a tree and no matter what i did he/she wouldn't move, after a while of being stuck i decided to quit, as i did so the game faded out and remained faded out, the cursor stopped moving and i was given my default windows cursor back with the ingame cursor still stuck on the screen. I had to Alt-F4

What is your default screen resolution? Your PC might have for whatever reason failed to refresh the screen resolution from KS to Desktop, thus causing this crash. If this happens again, can you try and Ctrl+Alt+Del, run Task Manager, close explorer.exe, and re-launch it? If after doing this your screen goes back to Desktop and KS is closed, the reason I described above might be cause for the crash. I unfortunately would not be able to fix this without changing the KS resolution, which I plan on doing, some time in the future though.

Danny wrote:Also i can group units and highlight them but cant seem to move grouped units, only 1 unit at a time.

Multiple Unit Movement has been disabled as I have not developed the system yet, it is still under construction and will be implemented as soon as it's completed.

kerub wrote:Oh, the music! Extremely repetitive and thus highly annoying after a short while.

Sorry about that, my compositions have been quick and made to be short loops for now. This was not only to avoid large file sizes, but also it was due to my laziness and unwillingness to put in enough effort into music composition at this phase of the project. I will change the music for the next version. ;)

kerub wrote:2. You should make units carry on with their current gathering tasks after they completed a resource. For example, a worker chops down a tree, brings the wood to the nearest Storehouse, than goes back to his original position and then chops down the next, nearest tree. This would be a big help in avoiding too much micro-management.

This has been considered, but what I am planning on doing is making this an optional feature. Units such as Peasants will have options other than those displayed in the Unit Command Interface that players can access and there players will be able to toggle "Continuous Labor" or something around those lines. Should be available in the next version.

kerub wrote:3. Just for aesthetic reasons, make those workers face the thing the are working on. It's kinda strange to see a worker looking away from a rock yet mining it.

Will definitely fix this.

kerub wrote:4. Less trees. The whole map is kinda cluttered with them. Instead, make spots filled with trees and also empty spaces to build your structures (and later on gather your armies).

It's just the style of the current map. Other maps will have more or less trees, depending on the environment. For now, you'll just have to stick to what you have. Besides, this will save you time and money by allowing you to get more wood and not need to plant that many trees in the early stages of gameplay.

kerub wrote:6. Why not have windows close automatically once the player is done with them? E.g. the construction window. I don't want to manually close that after placing a single building. This includes the "Done" button.

This might be a problem when players want to build more than one of the same structure, such as a house or guard tower. Closing the window right away would be annoying in such an occasion.

kerub wrote:7. Why not have units automatically begin construction once a building has been placed? Again, less micro-management, faster gameplay, more fun.

Will be added for the next version.

kerub wrote:8. What about 16:9 resolution? =) 4:3 is pretty uncommon nowadays.

The current resolution will unfortunately stick until either 001 has an update where many major performance issues are fixed or until the game is in beta.

kerub wrote:9. I don't know if that is possible, but you could make the FOW less dark at places your units have already visited. Like in Age of Empires.

Possible, but difficult to implement, plus a heavy impact on performance. At least I don't have an easy solution yet. Since KS doesn't use big open maps, it's not really necessary to put a lot of emphasis on the FOW system. Once you learn where your enemy is, it's pretty much straight forward on how to get there. Players will learn maps really easily and for that reason I'm working on a map editor that will allow users to create custom maps. This will also allow users to download custom user-made maps in the future. It's a basic theory, but I don't have the editor running yet and it will not be available for some time.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Postby Not Me » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:13 am

I played this game, and it made me happy. I didn't specifically go over it looking for bugs or other issues, so I don't have any input regarding that. I will, however, give you encouragement by stating that the game feels great. The effort you put into it really shows. Keep up the good work!
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

creativeminds
001 Enthusiast

Postby creativeminds » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:56 pm

GREAT!! I did enjoy this game to a very high degree, however there are still some small things..
It did take me a while to figure out how to build the first building, but once I had it figured out then I was happy, but still it took to long to figure out.

It would also be nice if the workers would return to a mining point after dropping off gold at the storage building.

The art was nice, the water and ground were nice, however the trees weren't to spectacular.

I did enjoy looking at your game overall and the experience was nice!
CreativeMinds
BENJi
000000000000000000000000000000000000100000111111000001100001011000000000001110 001110 010110 100011 011010 000000001111010110 0111011000

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Postby AnvilHouse » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:42 am

Came up on a big issue...

When multiple units are stacked behind a building, for example, a storage house...they are no longer able to be selected, thus making you unable to continue playing if a town center was not constructed.

Might be a good idea to extend the collision so sprites cannot be overlapped by buildings until a decent method can be figured out to fix this.
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Re: AW: Kingdom Stories (KS) - RELEASED!!!

Postby kerub » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:27 pm

AnvilHouse wrote:Might be a good idea to extend the collision so sprites cannot be overlapped by buildings until a decent method can be figured out to fix this.

Or make the multi unit selection rectangle ignore buildings.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:55 pm

AnvilHouse wrote:Came up on a big issue...

When multiple units are stacked behind a building, for example, a storage house...they are no longer able to be selected, thus making you unable to continue playing if a town center was not constructed.

Might be a good idea to extend the collision so sprites cannot be overlapped by buildings until a decent method can be figured out to fix this.

Actually, this issue exists for two reasons:

1: Since I'm using the default 001 movement system, units do not check target coordinates while moving, they only check while not moving. What's the problem? When performing tasks like picking up or dropping off resources, units are to avoid team members. When you give them a task, they check if there are team members in the area or not. If there are, it will avoid them and take a different path. Now let's say you move one unit to a structure from far away and another from nearby. The closest unit arrives first and the second gets stuck with the first, because it did not detect a unit that was in it's spot. This is an issue with the 001 default movement system, but I had plans to fix it.

2: This is more of why I allow it to happen and not why it happens, but when I complete the multiple unit movement system, players will be able to quickly move molultiple units from wherever they are. Even if they are stuck, that's just in case.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:26 pm

There seems to be a lot of focus around RPG elements (inventory, upgrades/level up, etc.) I'm not sure an RPG/RTS combination will work, at least at this point it doesn't seem like it will. Some of your design decisions are also quite puzzling. The idea of having a primary storehouse? - Why aren't all of the resources just totted up together? Speaking of which, the HUD doesn't appear to be functional..?

There are a few little nitpicks I have with the game. Firstly, don't have the menus fade out - it's painfully slow to start up the game as you have to wait for boxes to fade out, just make them instantly disappear so you can move on. The opening map is rather cluttered which isn't too great as you have no space to build anything until you've knocked some stuff out of the way. There should be at least enough space, where you start, to build a couple of buildings. With other RTS games, they don't just stick you in the middle of a dense forest where you can't do anything until you've knocked down all of the trees, they give you a small area and surround you with enough resources to get your going before you need to venture outwards to find more resources, etc. The speed of the game is also quite slow. I know you can increase the game speed but this isn't how an RTS game should be played. I don't know how to explain it, it just feels odd being able to change the speed on the fly like that. That's probably just me though :P.

Not automatically closing the windows, when placing a building down, is also a serious problem that needs fixing. It's very rare that you'd want to place multiple of the same buildings down and even if you did there is better way of going about it. Other RTS games, like Age of Empires, allow you to place multiple of the same building simply by holding the shift key - this is much better than having a window stay open as it's much quicker - and in an RTS game, speed is crucial. Lastly the lighting seems rather rough and jagged, instead of smooth - not sure why that's happening though.

Other than that it's quite good. Love the art style and I'm very much interested in seeing what you do with this project. Keep up the good work :)!

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:43 am

Would you guys prefer not to have a speed change option? Considering that I will make certain actions carry out much faster, such as gathering resources and building structures.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:21 am

Hey if Your still having trouble with troop movement I have a few suggestions. what iv discovered is that if You set collision zones on actors to be very small like 4x4x128 pix, they can still be hit, but they can also walk right through each other and don't stop when they collide. so if you did that, and go into the actor setup and put 'when actor enters proximity' say proximity 32 or 64 you could set them to take specific movements in a randomized direction 64 pixels. I think it would work best like this: walk to location.. delay.. take movement in direction 64pix random direction. if entered proximity of actor on same team :comparison branch< actor this moving> if its still moving nothing happens, if its not currently moving take random movement in one of the 8 directions 64pix. that way your dudes should move to the spot,, take a 64 step in a direction to spread out. if one of them is on top of another it will then take another 64 step in a direction. anyway, just a thought :)

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:26 pm

I have recently received a complaint that KS fails to connect to the internet during start-up. I have run multiple tests and everything seems to work without any issues on my end. Is anyone experiencing any difficulties as of lately? If you have downloaded KS previously, please attempt to re-download and do a test run for start-up. It is vitally important to me that all issues be resolved and as quickly as possible, so please come forward if you experience any connection issues. Thank you all ahead of time.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

creativeminds
001 Enthusiast

Postby creativeminds » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:42 pm

I just downloaded the latest version of kingdom stories. My first issue is that the screen resolution was way off, so it was hard to tell what I was looking at. (1280x800 in case you're wondering.) And I am having that connection problem that you were describing. When the game first starts it'll say that you need an internet connection and I'll select ok. Then it will say authenticating or something like that, and it stays like that.
:oops:
000000000000000000000000000000000000100000111111000001100001011000000000001110 001110 010110 100011 011010 000000001111010110 0111011000

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Everything worked fine for me.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:10 pm

@creativeminds This seems to be an odd issue that only occurs for specific users... Could you provide a little more information about your PC? Perhaps this is more of a user-end issue.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

joedapro67
001 Fanatic

Postby joedapro67 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Everything worked perfect for me. No connection errors and I was able to build a few houses, a mill with some farms, a town center, and a store house. I also love the fact that you can change the game speed.
Resolution also displayed fine (I'm on 1920x1080).

There were really only two "issues" for me and I noticed that you already acknowledged one of them, the Fog of War.

1. Your fog of war looks gorgeous, but I too feel that it would be easier to locate resources and such if areas you explored got a little less dark.

2. I was just wondering how your resources on the top HUD worked? I could never understand how to gain anything. Even though I was collecting resources in my store house, the numbers at the top never changed.
1.png

In the end, I am an RTS addict and I can't wait to see where this game goes. For an alpha this thing runs pretty damn good. Cheers Ramchuk :D
Check out my latest project, Krown! http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26673

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:02 pm

joedapro67 wrote:1. Your fog of war looks gorgeous, but I too feel that it would be easier to locate resources and such if areas you explored got a little less dark.

2. I was just wondering how your resources on the top HUD worked? I could never understand how to gain anything. Even though I was collecting resources in my store house, the numbers at the top never changed.

As of right now, fog of war in Engine001 is not a simple task; there are only two ways to do it and I've chosen the simple one, even this approach however has its own flaws. Until a better way is discovered, KS will have to rely on the current system. In regards to resources, the idea was centered around a realistic model; resources that your settlement has counted on the HUD are only the resources delivered to the Town Center. Any resources in Store Houses are not counted simply because they are stored in a 'warehouse'. The idea is for tactical purposes when it comes to actual gameplay. If an enemy attacks a Store House, the player will lose the resources in that Store House, thus, to avoid danger, players can move resources from any Store House to another or the Town Center for better protection. The idea is to allow players full control of imported and exported resources, even within their own settlement. Unlike AoE, Kingdom Stories is aimed at providing a realistic model that is not too complex, while being advanced to simulate some real world elements in trade and economy.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

joedapro67
001 Fanatic

Postby joedapro67 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Yeah in all honesty the fog of war is great as is, it does its job perfectly. And I like the idea of storehouses storing separately, the possibility of completely wiping out a chunk of someones resources because they failed to transfer/protect them is awesome. Keep going on this man, I'm pumped for it. :D
Check out my latest project, Krown! http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26673

A+D Ga mes

Postby A+D Ga mes » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Firstly, I'd like to say that this game looks amazing! Very professional and well done. However, I cannot get past the connection to the internet on start-up. I tried re-downloading and installing the game but that doesn't help. The game referred me to this link when it said that I was having connection issues. The only thing that I can think of is that my laptop is on Wifi and that I am using Satelite Internet. Any suggestions on how this can be fixed so that I can play and enjoy the game? Thanks in advance,
Cliff Armstrong (A & D Games)
NEW! Official Warcraft Legacy Website:
http://andgames.wix.com/warcraftlegacy
Check out the latest Warcraft Legacy version at:
http://www.engine001.com/games/Warcraft%20Legacy_3294.htm

kararty
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby kararty » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:09 pm

A+D Ga mes wrote:Firstly, I'd like to say that this game looks amazing! Very professional and well done. However, I cannot get past the connection to the internet on start-up. I tried re-downloading and installing the game but that doesn't help. The game referred me to this link when it said that I was having connection issues. The only thing that I can think of is that my laptop is on Wifi and that I am using Satelite Internet. Any suggestions on how this can be fixed so that I can play and enjoy the game? Thanks in advance,

Probably because Ramchuk's servers are offline... Y U DO THIS RAMCHUK?
Mike wrote:...

Image<~~~|Get over here!

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:43 pm

joedapro67 wrote:Keep going on this man, I'm pumped for it.

As of currently, I'm not too sure if I have anything big planned for KS, but it will definitely remain as a good RTS template. Thank you for your support! :)

A+D Ga mes wrote:Firstly, I'd like to say that this game looks amazing! Very professional and well done. However, I cannot get past the connection to the internet on start-up. I tried re-downloading and installing the game but that doesn't help. The game referred me to this link when it said that I was having connection issues. The only thing that I can think of is that my laptop is on Wifi and that I am using Satelite Internet. Any suggestions on how this can be fixed so that I can play and enjoy the game? Thanks in advance,

Everything is working on my end just fine. Please make sure that you allow KS through your OS firewall. There are no restrictions server-wise and I have not been prompted on any maintenance scheduling. The only two things that I can suggest is what I mentioned and also the idea of attempting to run the game at different times of day when able. I have looked into this issue in the past with other users and have not been able to find a reasonable solution. Sadly, I cannot offer much more advice. I am saddened to hear of this inconvenience, as I was hoping to allow all users to try KS without any restrictions.

kararty wrote:

Actually, I am not responsible for this issue, to the best of my knowledge; it is also clear that not all users are encountering this difficulty. I have made sure that all database entries are updated and working; on my end, alongside many other users, this seems to be the case. I will still try and do some research on this topic, but meanwhile, I apologize for this nuisance.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

kararty
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby kararty » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:57 am

joedapro67 wrote:Keep going on this man, I'm pumped for it.

As of currently, I'm not too sure if I have anything big planned for KS, but it will definitely remain as a good RTS template. Thank you for your support! :)

Everything is working on my end just fine. Please make sure that you allow KS through your OS firewall. There are no restrictions server-wise and I have not been prompted on any maintenance scheduling. The only two things that I can suggest is what I mentioned and also the idea of attempting to run the game at different times of day when able. I have looked into this issue in the past with other users and have not been able to find a reasonable solution. Sadly, I cannot offer much more advice. I am saddened to hear of this inconvenience, as I was hoping to allow all users to try KS without any restrictions.

kararty wrote:

Actually, I am not responsible for this issue, to the best of my knowledge; it is also clear that not all users are encountering this difficulty. I have made sure that all database entries are updated and working; on my end, alongside many other users, this seems to be the case. I will still try and do some research on this topic, but meanwhile, I apologize for this nuisance.

+1
Mike wrote:...

Image<~~~|Get over here!

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Celebrating 500+ KS Downloads! Hands up for all the awesome people who helped recognize the project in the Downloads section and on YouTube! Thank You! :D

As it concerns the future of KS, it is by now well clear that development was discontinued for various reasons, but there is still light at the end of the tunnel. Recently, I have decided to continue the grand concept of KS in an entirely new project with a renovated look, style, and everything else. If you're intrigued by just the thought of that, read on, as an epic revelation awaits you.

An Upcoming TBS!

For the last couple of years I have been working on a multitude of experimental projects that have all been for the purpose of research and personal endorsement, but the time has come and I made the decision to work on something bigger... How big? Let's just say, the biggest thing 001 has seen to date. Why on such a grand scale? It's not. In the many years before the present, I have worked on a lot of cool things that I can just now implement into a project that I have always dreamed of playing. This project I speak of is like no other, but borrows the many neat aspects from what you have probably played and enjoyed. Though it may sound big on the outside, if you really listen in closer, this is just like any other project, but more epic and amazing. As excited as I am to share more, patience is still key. The upcoming TBS will be revealed in the coming months, but until then stay tuned in on this topic as a redirect link will be posted for reference purposes. If you're in a true dire need of more information, the below content will help ease the tension. Questions/Comments always welcome! (Please do NOT request screenshots).

Title: The Forlorn Realm (TFR) (Temporary/Permanent/Undecided)
Genre: Multi (Turn-Based/Strategy/Survival/RPG)
Style: 3D Retro/Rouge-Like/Semi-Modern

Redirect Link Coming Soon!
Copyrighted©2008-2017

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:30 pm

Good luck to you sir! I have faith that you will create something amazing! Seems like the best course of action, and it's what I do also, to make experimental projects in the engine for many years to get to know it better than you know yourself, become the 001 master, and THEN start on a REAL project.

Also for a second I thought you were calling it The Forgotten Realm. Was gonna say, Ramchuck, you can't do that lol.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:53 pm

The name derives from the style of play really, I never gave it much thought. I do know however that Forgotten Realms is an actual game. Though the current title that I have sounds too familiar, it fits best, for now.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:22 am

I like it! I say keep it. At first glance is does almost look like Forgotten Realms, and in turn brings it to mind, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. That could actually bring more people to play the game.

EgyLynx
001 Enthusiast

Postby EgyLynx » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:09 pm

What? are you stopped at Kingdom Stories?
goodbay

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:42 pm

SBG wrote:I like it! I say keep it. At first glance is does almost look like Forgotten Realms, and in turn brings it to mind, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. That could actually bring more people to play the game.

Hopefully, you are correct.

EgyLynx wrote:What? are you stopped at Kingdom Stories?

There are many limitations in 001 that simply prevented me from working with real-time elements. I thus decided it would be best to move unto something more sophisticated, but less prone to major performance issues. Though RTS projects are more desirable, I believe that a TBS can be enjoyed just as much. You will all be the judges of that. :)
Copyrighted©2008-2017

EgyLynx
001 Enthusiast

Postby EgyLynx » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Well, i see.
Anyway good luck!
goodbay

evs
001 Admirer

Postby evs » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:48 am

seems like a lot of us had the same idea, hopefully we'll build some good Tactics battle systems for 001. GoodLuck.

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby evergreen » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 am

The online authentication isn't working for me :( I'll check back later. Let me know if there's any diagnostic stuff i can provide you with to help.
Game Coming Soon. Click Here to read about it.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Tue May 03, 2016 7:53 pm

@evergreen Thank you for coming forward with the issue you have been experiencing. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience! This connection issue has been brought forward before and I was unfortunately not able to assist the affected users at the time. Given this knowledge, however, I am now able to better assess the cause and it is due to a downed server, which is no longer existent. Sadly, I am consequently no longer able to revive the server. Alternatively, I can attempt to re-upload a new version of the project, but due to the many changes made to the engine, the user experience is subject to drastic change. I once again apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your interest in the project. I am saddened to learn that users are no longer able to experience what Kingdom Stories (KS) has once offered.
Copyrighted©2008-2017

EgyLynx
001 Enthusiast

Postby EgyLynx » Sun May 22, 2016 3:12 pm

:( So, that´s is reason? not my machine? Anyway... good luck to other thinks! And... thanks, at all...
goodbay

Return to Games In Progress