Franchise thread

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Scaveleon
001 Translator

Franchise thread

Postby Scaveleon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:51 am

/title. Talk about franchises you like. Make sure it's an actual franchise before you go all sugary on me about your lovely, sweet tastes. Thank you.
A collection of distinct series which are often considered as a collective unit under a blanket title. They often, but not always, share a common continuity; even when they do not, they are more closely bound than spinoffs. -TvTropes

This is a really easy way to find out of any of us share common interests and to define our tastes as well!

I'll start out, I love Elder Scrolls, Fire Emblem, Touhou, Idolm@ster. I recently got into Hyperdimension Neptune as well.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Re: Franchise thread

Postby Wonderland » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:01 am

The Arkham franchise! Can't wait for Arkham Knight!

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Postby Not Me » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:03 pm

Scaveleon wrote:Touhou

Basically my favorite thing. Really want to 1cc Ten Desires sometime.
Also Etrian Odyssey, although I can't play that anymore since my 3ds broke recently. D: Never got to beat Iwaropenelep ;.;
Professor Layton's pretty great too. Oh, and Burnout! I 've played three of those, and they're all pretty great.

I bought Morrowind from a friend a month or so ago, and have discovered that I suck at Morrowind. There's LITERALLY NOTHING in the stupid dwemer ruins, guy. No books, no nothing! Just gears!
It's pretty fun to rob shopkeepers though, so I might buy a newer one sometime for more of that. Just with a bit less missing of enemies.
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Not Me wrote:
Scaveleon wrote:Touhou

Basically my favorite thing. Really want to 1cc Ten Desires sometime.
Also Etrian Odyssey, although I can't play that anymore since my 3ds broke recently. D: Never got to beat Iwaropenelep ;.;
Professor Layton's pretty great too. Oh, and Burnout! I 've played three of those, and they're all pretty great.

I bought Morrowind from a friend a month or so ago, and have discovered that I suck at Morrowind. There's LITERALLY NOTHING in the stupid dwemer ruins, guy. No books, no nothing! Just gears!
It's pretty fun to rob shopkeepers though, so I might buy a newer one sometime for more of that. Just with a bit less missing of enemies.

Protip to stop missing. Make sure you fatigue is high, and make sure you're using weapons you're skilled in.

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Postby Scaveleon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Morrowind's actually the only TES game I dislike, but I love the four others. Stay salty Morrowind fans. ;)

I heard Professor Layton is pretty similar to Phoenix Wright, another franchise I used to follow. But ever since they stopped translating the games and shipping overseas, I haven't been up to date with it, in part due to avoiding story spoilers.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

Return to General Discussion