WORST COMEDY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...kind of

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

WORST COMEDY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...kind of

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:07 am

I hope you guys enjoy this (click here) video. It's a video of me attempting to be funny. :razz:

Edit: I've changed the title since no appreciates the noopie's first actual attempt at being funny. Don't worry though, I'll get better. Just give me a chance!
Last edited by xWar_and_Piecex on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why would dragon keyblade ask dragon keyblade about dragon keyblades avatar and username?

Purchase mugs, t-shirts, and more at: http://www.cafepress.com/WarandPieceEntertainmentShop!

War And Piece Official Logo:

Sam Fisher: Feeling bullet-proof Gordon Freeman?

Gordon Freeman: Oh, shit! Your Fisher aren't you? How did you get in this video game? You're in the wrong video game.

Sam Fisher: No, your in the wrong video game! Look around you!

Adam
001 Forum Master

Re: BEST COMEDY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...kind of

Postby Adam » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 am

That was quite disturbing.
Last edited by Adam on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 pm

What? You didn't like it?
Why would dragon keyblade ask dragon keyblade about dragon keyblades avatar and username?

Purchase mugs, t-shirts, and more at: http://www.cafepress.com/WarandPieceEntertainmentShop!

Gordon Freeman: Oh, shit! Your Fisher aren't you? How did you get in this video game? You're in the wrong video game.

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:20 pm

I didn't watch the whole thing....

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Re: WORST COMEDY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...kind of

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:11 pm

*Sighs* It's hard for a noobie comedian to get an audience, these days.

Well, look at it this way...it's not nearly as bad as this video! :lol:

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:36 am

What is this I dont even
DOOF

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:38 am

What is what? I don't understand your question.

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:32 am

I have been taught in comedy as a hobby as I have actually performed stand up before and all I can say is to improve your videos you must first have a topic even if you don't stick to it this makes the video appear more structured and not just some guy making funny noises and pulling faces, you have the energy but you don't use it to it's full advantage your always to close to the camera it helps to have enough screen space to perform hand gestures as well and have more freedom of movement, never record your audio from a handheld microphone you'll get static when you breathe on it, adjust your brightness and light levels on your camera the blurring made it appear more amateur, don't use your indoor voice I know your indoors but raise your volume strengthen your voice you sound like your even whispering at some points and lastly add an intro and a outro clip perhaps even a title sequence that is unique so people will recognize your videos.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:11 pm

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:What? You didn't like it?

It was amusing, but very weird.
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Rico wrote:I have been taught in comedy as a hobby as I have actually performed stand up before and all I can say is to improve your videos you must first have a topic even if you don't stick to it this makes the video appear more structured and not just some guy making funny noises and pulling faces, you have the energy but you don't use it to it's full advantage your always to close to the camera it helps to have enough screen space to perform hand gestures as well and have more freedom of movement, never record your audio from a handheld microphone you'll get static when you breathe on it, adjust your brightness and light levels on your camera the blurring made it appear more amateur, don't use your indoor voice I know your indoors but raise your volume strengthen your voice you sound like your even whispering at some points and lastly add an intro and a outro clip perhaps even a title sequence that is unique so people will recognize your videos.

Thanks for the advise, Rico. That helps. One thing, though - I can't help it that I have a hand held mic as I have none of those clip-on mics that attatch to a shirt, but I do have a mic stand. Will that make anything better or not?

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:41 pm

In the case you don't have access to better recording equipment a mic stand may do but you can get a breath guard little circles of material that you place between you and the mic to stop your breath hitting it. ;)

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Like some clear tape or something? :razz:

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:40 pm

No it's more of a foamy fabric like you should get on the end of your mic however this is thicker and better, all in all though the best way to avoid static is to just not talk straight into the mic.

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:14 pm

I've figured out a temporary and free alternative to that which you speak of. I'm using nose tissue (kleenex) and I folded it 4x and wrapped it around the mic with a rubber band to reduce static and other annoying and unwanted noise. I works pretty well and it makes the recorded audio come out much cleaner. :razz:

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 pm

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:I've figured out a temporary and free alternative to that which you speak of. I'm using nose tissue (kleenex) and I folded it 4x and wrapped it around the mic with a rubber band to reduce static and other annoying and unwanted noise. I works pretty well and it makes the recorded audio come out much cleaner. :razz:

Good man wouldn't have thought of that myself. ;)

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:09 am

At first, I didn't even know I had anything that could help. First I tried clear tape. I tested it with the clear tape, but the audio didn't come through that clear. So, then, I thought, "Okay, something soft that can block breath but without blocking audio." I looked around my room and what did my wandering did I see: A tissue box! I thought, "Well if it works, it works." So yeah, that's what happened. :D

Return to General Discussion