Chronicles of the Nether

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Not Me
001 Subscriber

Chronicles of the Nether

Postby Not Me » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Just started this earlier. May or may not get finished.
Might want to mention, some er... violence at the end of the chapter.

Prologue

Alex stared longingly at the world through his small window. How long had he been locked up in here? He had stopped counting the days long ago. He saw the whitewashed buildings of the prison compound he had been sealed away in for almost a year; he wished desperately to break out of here, into the freedom beyond. A guard walked by, pulling a boy along with him. Just another prisoner, apparently. Alex's ruby eyes flared when he saw the guard. Just looking at them enraged him.

The guard walked over to Alex's cell door and threw it open. Then he tossed in the boy he had been dragging along and silently slammed the door shut. "Great," he thought, "A cellmate. Just what I needed."

He looked the boy over; he seemed about Alex's age, maybe a bit younger. His hair looked like it had been dyed black, and his eyes were a glowing gold. He looked a bit spooked too; must be the first time he's been caught.

"So what's your name? Or do you not have one?" Alex asked.

"I- um, I-I'm Zachary." He replied.

"Well, I'm Alex. I assume this is your first time in here?"

"Um, yeah..."

"I doubt it'll be your last. You're lucky you got in with me, 'cause I'm gettin' out of here tomorrow."

"...How?"

"You'll see. Just hang loose 'till then, okay?"

"Um, okay."

Zachary walked over to his bed and sat down. He looked down at his shoes silently. Alex sighed and lay down on his own bed. He thought back to before all this happened; what did he ever do wrong? He remembered when he caught that disease. It had started this whoe mess; he never did figure out why they threw him in prison for having white hair and red eyes. It didn't matter, though. All he cared about now was getting out of here.

------

The next morning, Alex was explaining his plan.

"So, the first thing we need to do is take out the guard that brings us lunch. He has to open the door to get in, so I can use my powers to-"

"Whoa, wait a second. Did you just say powers?"

"Yes, I did. I found out a couple days ago that I have some sort of psychic power. I really have no idea where it came from. It'll give us a pretty good advantage, though!"

Zach started pacing in front of his bed. Alex walked in front of the door and continued explaining the plan.

"Alright. The guard will probably have a weapon and some keys. We'll hide the guard in here and take his stuff, then we go to the left down the hallway. There's a large enough window down there that we could break through it and land outside. Once we're out there, I'll lift us over the wall and then we run. Got it?"

"Got it." Zach replied.

They began waiting. Zach wondered about the powers Alex claimed to have. How did he get them? "Well, that's not too important right now." He thought. "Right now we just need to get out of here."

At 12:30, the guard came around. He opened the door into Alex and Zach's cell.

He almost immidiately began choking and fell to the floor. He writhed around for a few moments before falling still. Alex started looting him. He tossed a gun over to Zach and took a keyring for himself. Alex looked out the door before running down the left hallway, with Zach close behind. Just like Alex had said, there was a window around the corner, but it was at least five inches thick. Alex started moving his hand along it's surface, apparently cutting through it. Once he cut out a circle large enough to jump through, he grabbed Zach's arm and jumped out. The two landed in a bush, with no guards around for some reason. They took off towards the nearest wall. This particular one happened to be about fourteen feet tall. Alex lifted Zach up and down the other side before doing the same for himself. Then they started running. Just before they disappeared into the trees around the complex, a siren started blaring. They started to run even faster, almost running into trees or tripping over their roots. Eventually the sirens behind them began to fade out, but they didn't stop until they came to a small town. They decided it would be okay if they rested here for a little while before moving on.

"So where are we?" Zach asked.

"I'm not sure, but we need to find some clothes. We don't want anyone to recognize us." Alex replied.

Zach looked around. He saw a hotel, a grocery store, some houses, and guess what? A Wal-mart was conveniently placed here.

"We don't have any money though, do we?" Zach questioned.

"I grabbed the guard's wallet before we ran. He had thirty-seven dollars." Alex replied. "Now we do. Let's head inside."

They walked into the Wal-mart store and found they're way to the clothes. Alex grabbed a dark blue t-shirt and some jeans, and Zach took a black shirt and equally black jeans. Alex also found a backpack and some rations for the road (a box of cereal and a couple bottles of water).

Then they leave town, having no idea what danger lies ahead for them...

Chapter One

Alex and Zach walked through the woods. The last few hours had been remarkably uneventful, in fact, Alex was beginning to get a bit unnerved. They just broke out of prison, shouldn't there be guards fanning out from there by now? Alex looked back every few seconds, expecting to see someone hiding behind the bushes, yet no one was there.

"You'd think they'd send someone after us, is their security that bad?" Alex wondered out loud.

"We might as well take advantage of that fact and conserve energy. Who knows when we'll pass another town." Zach replied. "By the way, what all can you do with those powers? How do they work?"

Alex shook his head. "I really have no idea. It just happens. Like I want to lift this rock and..." A rock floats into the air. "...it happens. Hey... Do you think that might be why they threw me in there?"

"Well, if that's the case, shouldn't I have some sort of powers too?"

"Hey, maybe you do! Try lifting a rock or something!"

Zach sighed. "Well, I guess there's no harm in trying..." He focused on a pebble by his feet.

...Nothing happened.

"Huh. I guess they didn't bring us in for psychic powers, then. Let's just keep going."

"Okay."

They kept walking for awhile. Alex still feelt like there should be someone coming after them, but he didn't see or hear anyone. Eventually night fell. They began looking for a place to camp out for the night.

"Why don't we just sleep on the ground?"

"We just escaped from a supposedly high-security prison. At the very least, we need to hide."

Alex yawned. "I know that much. Can't we just sit in some bushes or something? I'm tired!"

"No. Walk!"

Alex rolled his eyes. None of the other places he'd broken out of even started looking for him until he'd gotten far enough away to get caught by another.

*bang*

Alex got nailed in the arm by a tranqulizer dart and fell to the ground. Zach jumped around just in time to see another one stab into his leg.

Rustling was heard from the trees as two armed guards from the prison dropped from them. They were about to pick up the escapees they had just tranquilized when one's head was completely ripped from his shoulders. The other turned to see a black creature holding his partner's head. The creature was as tall as he was, and had huge claws. The creature grinned evilly as it tossed the disemodied head it was holding at the remaining guard. Said guard turned to run, but was stopped in his tracks by another creature, this one covered in white fur. It walked up to the guard and grabbed his face. The black one proceeded to dig his claws into the guard's back until it had ripped the majority of the man's skin off, resulting in a large amount of blood and screaming. The white one dropped him and they both walked over to the two boys on the ground...
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

Zaiarogi
001 Enthusiast

Location: Well, there's alot of things this place could be, however I'm not sure which.

Re: Chronicles of the Nether

Postby Zaiarogi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Cool story, bro. \m/
Please, take me out of the black hole that Tales of the Abyss has sucked me into...
Alternatively, you can join me in my black hole by clicking that banner.

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Re: Chronicles of the Nether

Postby Not Me » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Thought I oughta mention, I moved this to my fictionpress account. The name on there is squiddy75 (Not Me was taken :( ). Anywho, it'll be over there if you want to read it.
Nothing new yet, though. ;)
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

Return to General Discussion