Delete Account

New to the forums? Going on vacation? Leaving forever? Tell us!
Ammohead
Insane 001 Forum Member

Delete Account

Postby Ammohead » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:25 am

Hey is there anyway mike that you can delete me as a user on this site?
"Life can get hard, but what I've learned is that, it gets better...Far better. Fall down, become wounded, and you'll be immune to the next situation. Hardtimes are like a pistol, you throw out one and another is right back in the chamber" -Timmy (Ammo)

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Re: Administration Discussion (Open)

Postby Zhuge » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:33 am

Delete you? Why would you want to do that? :(
You could always just change your password to something random, then if you wanted to come back, you could use the password recovery system. :(

Ammohead
Insane 001 Forum Member

Re: Administration Discussion (Open)

Postby Ammohead » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 am

Its really personnel and it hurts me to talk about it, but I think ever since I've been here for the years, my lifes been harder. I guess I came here because at the time my grandmother passed away and I had a girlfriend cheat on me. So I found this site as a distraction. And I met some good people here, but now that very thing is what makes me wake up in the mornings miserable, sick to my stomach, and things. There are somethings in life you have to close the book on. And this is just one of them. I'll never be the same after meeting all these wonderful people, unfourtunatley some of that is why I'm miserable right now. But I am absouloutley sure about my decision. I cannot look back.
"Life can get hard, but what I've learned is that, it gets better...Far better. Fall down, become wounded, and you'll be immune to the next situation. Hardtimes are like a pistol, you throw out one and another is right back in the chamber" -Timmy (Ammo)

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: Delete Account

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Split this topic since it's not an administrative issue.

And no, Mike will not delete any valid forum accounts. The main reason is that Mike values the fact that we have maintained the forum's history for years and years now. If we delete your account, all old posts will no longer make sense. It's also tied to your games, ratings, and everything else you contributed to this site.

A mod can deactivate an account, but you really should make the decision on your own, and not force someone else upon it to force you off the site. If you were indeed serious, you'd simply not return to this site.

EDIT: And this better not be because your game wasn't appreciated by everyone :x . Most games that are highly rated have been worked on endlessly for months - and as far as I could tell from the release date of it, and when you started to use 001 again, you put it together fairly quickly.

Ammohead
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Ammohead » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Look man its got nothing to do with that. I just made the game since I haven't in made one in sometime. I don't care about a rating. And you should know I'm serious check my fb. That's the thing I'm not getting anyone to make choices for me. I know what deleting it means. I want everything of mine gone. So its like I never joined. Deactivateing keeps everything. I don't want to have that. Mike your my closest friend, you of all people should know how I feel. It hurts my feelings when you say "if I was really serious." This is a personal matter. And I just want to forget about my online life. Its done nothing but hurt me. I love you guys, but I can't keep getting hurt.

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Ammo, no matter how much you erase the traces the past will still be there, and it cant be changed. Even if you deleted all of your post, we will still remember you. Why do you belive that deleting your account will make your life better? I dont mean to be am ass or anything, but maybe you might be focissing on the wrong things?
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!
All published information about our project will be there
http://shadowsofsephtia.blog.com/

ITB
001 Subscriber

Postby ITB » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Ammohead wrote:I want everything of mine gone. So its like I never joined.

You can't erase our memories can you.

You're giving up too soon man. If Gandhi gave up where would we be? If Martin Luther King Jr. gave up, where would we be? If Honest Abe gave up, where would we be? In the 1800s. No woman's rights, and slavery.

Listen man. You need to stop bottling up all your crap and start talking to people :x

People are Buttsacks(Pardon my colorful language but i'm P Oed) sometimes but youu just can't seem to get that. I always here that you're a great counselor and bullcrap like that. I used to believe it.

P.S: Suicide is a sin.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:48 pm

C'mon Ammo. We're all here for you man, you just have to trust us and talk to us. We're all willing to listen and help.

Redemption
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Redemption » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Ammo, please stay...
You've always been the most well behaved and nicest member.
I don't think you should leave, if you do then try to pop in once in a while.
Just please don't leave, we'll miss you.

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 pm

But Ammo, not only were you incredibly helpful and incredibly awesome, but you also are incredibly needed here. You sir, are the coolest dude, and no ammohead makes this place less cool.

If we removed your posts, your history, all of the funny, helpful and everything you have ever said will go away. Your being here wasn't in vain, your time wasn't wasted. We care about you, I know some users here who really do. If you wish to leave, so be it. But don't request to destroy 11478 posts, 9 games and 1 very helpful tutorial. It's destroying a chunk of 001's history.
DOOF

Ammohead
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Ammohead » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Guys I appreciate what your saying, and I've already made up my mind. Since it wont be deleted, I'll agree to just leave. I'm sorry. I cant talk about any of whats bothering me. Whats the use it will still be there, and its things I have to handle on my own. Besides I dont want anyone close to me, because if anything happends to me, I dont want anyone to know, so they arnt hurt. I'll check in later today and tommorow. Then I'm out. Sorry guys. I just cant do it.

ITB
001 Subscriber

Postby ITB » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:42 pm

I can't be hurt man.

Alright then. Hope it works out. Bye.

Inxth
001 Forum Master

Postby Inxth » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Cya Ammo. You're a great part of this community, and it pains me heaps to see you walk out of here, especially after what you've done for us all. You're a great mentor and friend, so goodbye, for now. Pop in again once in a while. If- when you do leave, 001 simply will no longer be '001', and just in case I can't tell you on the day, goodbye, and good luck in life.
I'm back, but not in business. Woop woop.

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:08 am

Whys is everyone leaving? :(
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

silentsuperior

Postby silentsuperior » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:28 am

Sorry that things are tough right now for you, ammohead. You don't know me but I've seen a lot of your posts and read your tutorial. I've seen enough to know that you are a well known, appreciated, and loved member of the community.

I know no one can talk to you of leaving. I've been there myself but take it from experience. things will get better man. A few years ago I had an OD attempt when life was at it's worse for me and I was very blessed to get a second chance. Things still didn't get better for a while but eventually my life turned around and waking up every day isn't something that bothers me anymore, quite the opposite really. Things will turn around and when that day comes, you'll be glad you stuck it out.

As I said before, I know no one can talk you out of leaving but try to keep your head up. Don't make the same mistake that I did because there is no telling what you'll miss out on. I wish you luck in all that you do.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:27 am

Adam wrote:Whys is everyone leaving? :(

Why does everyone always say this when one person leaves (who's left several times before), and more than 3 people come back / join in the past week? Why!

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Postby Scaveleon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Even if you could get your account and posts deleted, the rest of us wouldn't forget about you.

Of course I'm saddened by you leaving, but if you believe it ultimately will make you a better person in the end, then I see no problem with such a sacrifice. I'm close to making a similar decision.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

Adam
001 Forum Master

Postby Adam » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Mike wrote:

Why does everyone always say this when one person leaves (who's left several times before), and more than 3 people come back / join in the past week? Why!

I don't know! That's why I'm asking!
Somewhere out there, is a planet with no war, no hunger, no poverty, no killing, and no evil.
It also has no oxygen

Peppy2006
001 Subscriber

Postby Peppy2006 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Mike wrote:

Because we're close knit and when one of us leaves that's been here for very long, it feels like a large chunk of the community's been lost? :?

Ammo, you'll be missed. You're a valued member of the 001 community and everyone will miss you. Hopefully you're able to work things out in your life soon...

Ammohead
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Ammohead » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Its not easy leaving, and some of you proably dont believe I'm leaving. And I understand. Goodbye. And btw I saw your message awhile back on fb peppy, thanks for the happy birthday message. I hope your doing ok, because their was some bad wind and hail up there by you, and trees fell around from what I heard. So I hope you and your family are ok. Godbless!

Thanks again everyone, and Goodbye.

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Hey didn't you know the words to the song "Hotel California" ....
"You can check out any time you want ... but you just cant ever leave"

Once you make an impression it will stay even after you have gone. Freddy Mercury is gone, but he is also still here every time you turn on the radio and hear "Bohemian Rhapsody" The body and mind can leave but the soul lives on forever. I never got to know you here but what I read from others about you is a large stone wall that will be here long after. But like a few said, don't choose to leave forever, take a hiatus, go to the beach, play some GTA and do a few drive bys. But in the end when you need them, your friends will always be here so don't give that up, always keep a light on to guide your way back.
September 13, 1999 was a hell of a day to quit smoking and drinking!

TheRunner
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby TheRunner » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:38 am

Cya AmmoHead, I just wanna list a few things I'll remember about you..(Even though you hate me deeply)

- Respectable
- Respectful
- Extremely Kind
- Very Helpful
- Talented 3D artist
- You would make a great best friend, and I'm sure you are a great best friend.

I know secrets about this website Ammo. (And by secrets I mean I can't ever stop coming to the forums, I think it's an addiction of some sort but whatever)

Yeah me and you have had rough patches, but I respect you a lot, I mean you're honestly a really kind person.
I may be an Atheist, but by no means will I put down your religion ever, especially to your face. You are an honest religious man.

None of us know each other personally. I mean this is a damn forum, not the mall.
Yeah you're a friend, but there is no such thing as a "Good Friend" Off the internet.
You can say it yourself "You're my best friend", but never will you actually mean it, because you have never made eye contact with
this person, or spent quality time sitting on the bench at a park somewhere, talking about time travel.

That's the truth, and not just for you. But generally speaking to everyone on this forum.
"As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue."

- Albert Einstein

Jesse Bangerter
001 Admirer

Postby Jesse Bangerter » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 am

Agreed.
Co-founder of Habitat games, and Lead Designer of Galaria Break. Image
http://sickdoghats2.wix.com/habitat-games

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:51 am

......... :/

Ammohead
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Ammohead » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:50 am

Thank you guys.

And runner, I dont hate anyone... The past is the past.

Honestly I'm glad I'm leaving. Its a pattern of me seeing something or getting upset from finding something. Its never ok. Like now I'm pissed because 1 my facebook hasnt been deleted like I asked fb, and I saw something that pissed me off. heh I guess the 1 thing that made me want to leave wasn't enough. Anyway guys I just wanted to reply to you guys. I'm out after today. So I wont see your pm's I'm sorry. Hope you all have a wonderful experience and I wish you all successes. Just please dont get caught up to much in 'love' or Anything like that, especially online. Or you'll be like me.

Return to Hello, Away, Goodbye