A Moonlight Shadow

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Crossfire
001 Enthusiast

A Moonlight Shadow

Postby Crossfire » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Okay, so i posted that my game had been deleted, so now i've finally got round to start redoing it, and i have planned to change the story line.

Story:
A young boy once found a small gem in his garden and took it to his father, little did they both know that it contained the most evil soul ever to rule, the father then cut the stone into 2 rings, in both of them wore, then becoming possessed. 3 years after becoming possessed they both transformed into necromancers and took a shadowy realm into ruin. Guards after Guards were sent to defeat the necromancers but none of them ever returned. 50 years after the take over a young 18 signs up the guard, the boy as which you play as. The boy is sent to do odd jobs round the continent and shows great efforts and abilities in which the king sees, he then tasks the boy to go to the shadowy realm and defeat the necromancers. In which the boy does and finds his past relatives being of which a great sage who defeated the necromancer in the start, but after defeating the 2 necromancers the boy goes back home to find the palace in ruin and the king dead, and the remainder of the game is that of the boy trying to find what happened to the king and the palace.

Please post any comments you have on the story and ill try to update regularly
Last edited by Crossfire on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Of The Mind

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Re: MY 1st Game

Postby Indiana 266 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Wrong forum bud. ;)

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Moved. Second thread I had to move - please be more careful ;).

ITB
001 Subscriber

Postby ITB » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Do you have a storyline yet? Plot? We could probably help you out with a better name if we had more info :)

Crossfire
001 Enthusiast

Postby Crossfire » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:14 pm

General Story: People lived in harmony for years, but then one day 3 villages fell to necromancers, nobody knew why but 2 days before each attack, alot of the people fell ill, then the church altar broke, bringing hordes of monsters upon the city, then in the midst of the battle a necromancer would appear, defeating the humans and capturing the city.

Start (Prologue): Our hero awakes in his house, after going to the shop for his ill father he finds that 80% of the population is ill, therefore worrying of the past 'necromancer atttacks'...

I found that on other forum i made when i put the story on, and sorry mike i didnt know i posted it on this one i thought i was still in game one :oops:
Fantasy Of The Mind

Chicken Nugget
001 Enthusiast

Postby Chicken Nugget » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Sounds neat. I'm looking forward to it.
IMMA LITTLE MONSTER! RAWR! :3

I'm making my first game ever, but it won't suck.
It might be bad, but it won't suck.
I promise.

Medieval Plague
//////////

- I love the Rage Guy, Cereal Guy, and the F*ck Yeah comics.

They make me laugh.

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Good story, Nice layout correlates with other RPG games in their layout so works well.
Good luck.

Crossfire
001 Enthusiast

Postby Crossfire » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:22 am

Update: Done 1st city: Acrefield. Moving on to first 'dungeon', the mystic forest. Wont be too many enemies. Nothing to difficult, Don't wanna give much away... but still need ideas ... so feel free.

Came up with name: Lichlord I: Xephlong. (Yes i plan to make a sequel depending on the games feedback) Also there is some things i need to no how to do, like sprites, ive got a trial of photoshop but i dont know the dimensions and everything, and also tile sets :/

BIIIIIIIG PROBLEM, my laptop had a 'crash' and i lost alot of data, including my game :/ so im gonna have to start again
Last edited by Crossfire on Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Fantasy Of The Mind

Return to Games In Progress