ventus's rising

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
nokai25

ventus's rising

Postby nokai25 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:18 pm

storyline:A long time ago,on a world called azura A once peaceful world.
Until castle azura was raided by the anti new azura legion.The new azura legion is recruiting people to stand against The anti new azura legion.the new azura legion are people who forts,towers, and castles. the anti new azura legion is people who want things the same
. See how the war wages on! IN Ventus's wraith! controls: Enter to interact with people,objects doors,chests,etc.
wasd arrows to walk.

left click to attack
seifer:A energetic young man Who is a officer in the new azura legion.

Ventus: A Person whos trying to end the world because of the current crisis. ENJOY dont misjudge the demo :) and talk to the old man at the beginning or the game will be glitchy
Last edited by nokai25 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TitanDeath

Re: ventus's rising

Postby TitanDeath » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:12 pm

You should probably put a link in your post, just so we can find it easier. Also, what do you mean by, "don't misjudge, it's just a demo."? What would be the point of the demo if you don't expect negative feedback? If you're thinking, "please don't misjudge it", then your demo is probably not ready to be released.

And I have to say...in my personal opinion I thought your demo was horrible. It doesn't tell you anything about the game. It honestly just looks like someone was messing around with the Engine and was experimenting a little bit. It didn't even feel like a demo. By just playing the demo I can already see a lot of work needs to be done to make your game better. If your going to post a demo, you HAVE to expect both positive and negative feedback. And with that current demo, it tells me nothing about the game, is buggy, looks unpolished, seems random, etc. etc. I can probably go on for hours. I know it can be hard for people to look at your work, but you have to accept both kinds of criticism if you're going to post and unpolished demo.

I think that just about covers it. If you want me to expand more on the points I made let me know. I don't mean to be aggressive and attacking your game, but ugh, it really irritates me how unpolished it looks. If anything, you demo made me feel like I shouldn't even touch the finished product. And if you're trying to get people playing your game, your current demo isn't a good start.

Btw, the link is here.
http://www.engine001.com/games/Ventus%27s%20wraith_2875.htm

nokai25

Postby nokai25 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 pm

TitanDeath wrote:You should probably put a link in your post, just so we can find it easier. Also, what do you mean by, "don't misjudge, it's just a demo."? What would be the point of the demo if you don't expect negative feedback? If you're thinking, "please don't misjudge it", then your demo is probably not ready to be released.

And I have to say...in my personal opinion I thought your demo was horrible. It doesn't tell you anything about the game. It honestly just looks like someone was messing around with the Engine and was experimenting a little bit. It didn't even feel like a demo. By just playing the demo I can already see a lot of work needs to be done to make your game better. If your going to post a demo, you HAVE to expect both positive and negative feedback. And with that current demo, it tells me nothing about the game, is buggy, looks unpolished, seems random, etc. etc. I can probably go on for hours. I know it can be hard for people to look at your work, but you have to accept both kinds of criticism if you're going to post and unpolished demo.

I think that just about covers it. If you want me to expand more on the points I made let me know. I don't mean to be aggressive and attacking your game, but ugh, it really irritates me how unpolished it looks. If anything, you demo made me feel like I shouldn't even touch the finished product. And if you're trying to get people playing your game, your current demo isn't a good start.

Btw, the link is here.
[url]http://www.engine001.com/games/Ventus%27s%20wraith_2875.htm[/url]

Be a little more specific on your concerns and what I need to fix but If it is reasonable ill fix in next beta release But I am adding a npc that tells you the story line and theres a new town a new update is releasing sometime today or tomorrow.

TitanDeath wrote:You should probably put a link in your post, just so we can find it easier. Also, what do you mean by, "don't misjudge, it's just a demo."? What would be the point of the demo if you don't expect negative feedback? If you're thinking, "please don't misjudge it", then your demo is probably not ready to be released.

Btw, the link is here.

Be a little more specific on your concerns and what I need to fix but If it is reasonable ill fix in next beta release But I am adding a npc that tells you the story line and theres a new town a new update is releasing sometime today or tomorrow.
Last edited by nokai25 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Postby AnvilHouse » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Btw, the link is here.

This criticism is in no way constructive to say the least. It is more of a flame than anything... seriously, grow up.

It looks like you are having issues in the beginning with the doors, when you go through you end up getting stuck.(I wish I could go farther but it wont work for me after 3 tries) Also it would be a good idea to make your npcs invincible, it detracts from a game when you cannot find out important info if you killed someone by accident.

I suggest making a tutorial screen using an interface to explain what the controls are, it would give the game a more polished feel.

With some more practice I guarantee you can get a better grasp on this, keep trying!
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

TitanDeath

Postby TitanDeath » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:34 pm

AnvilHouse wrote:This criticism is in no way constructive to say the least. It is more of a flame than anything... seriously, grow up.

That's pretty much exactly how I would descibe it, I don't deny it. But I at least did say, "If you want me to expand on the points I made, let me know." And "I don't mean to be aggressive and attacking your game, but ugh, it really irritates me how unpolished it looks". So yeah I do apologize, I get really irritated about things that seem almost second nature to me, but may be a lot harder for others. It helps me to get that out of my system right away, I hate bottleing it up. I just needed time to calm down about it.

But okay, enough of that. I made sure to right down the important things already.

One: The environment and terrain needs work.
Two: Needs a title screen with controls on it.
Three: Why does the girl character have no starting weapon?
Four: Transitioning between areas can be buggy.
Five: Demo was extremely short to be a demo.
Six: Music seemed random.
Seven: Dialog and text needs to be revised and edited.
Eight: There wasn't really any direction, I was pretty much just thrown into the game and told, "Keep moving forward".
Nine: Demo didn't tell me anything about combat, story, characters, or even the world that you created. Your descriptions on the game did a much better job.
Ten: What was the point of the long wood path with no enemies on it? It basically wasted like 1-2 mins of my life.
Eleven: Switching between party sprites seems buggy, and walking in water causes them to stop following you, and the walk animation is buggy on the guys.

Those are all things I thought about while playing the game. Again, I really do apologize for my other comment. It really bothers me when I don't have some form of emotional release, so I ended up posting anyways. I guess that really isn't an excuse though.

EDIT: Tbh, I don't even think I realized that I was posting a rage post. I just realized it was when I visited this thread today.

Return to Games In Progress