The Darkness-The Battle Begins

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Camsandwich
001 Supporter

The Darkness-The Battle Begins

Postby Camsandwich » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:17 pm

This is a game I'm working on. I have recently finished the demo. You can check it out here:

http://www.engine001.com/games/The+Darkness+The+Battle+Begins_1137.htm

This is the place to add feed back (to long, to short, to easy, to hard, etc.) I am currently working on the full game. This is also the place to tell me any suggestions (I might not put them in, but if it's really good, I'll definitely think about it) you might have. Thanks.
"Apparently, nobody is in the lead in some sport that's going on right now, and that's exciting somehow." -Markus 'Notch' Persson

Genie: For rubbing the lamp, you get 3 wishes.
Me: I wish for more wishes.
Genie: Genie's can't do that. We can only give 3 wishes.
Me: I wish for more genies.
Genie: Damn it.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Re: The Darkness-The Battle Begins

Postby Gamerdude » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Can you post some screens, the plot or any other details? It makes your game more desirable to download. :)

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:31 pm

YES. Detail!

Camsandwich
001 Supporter

Postby Camsandwich » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:18 am

Do you want me to post it here, or on the game? Oh well, I'll just do some here and then edit the game a bit later. So basically what happens is that the Darkness is this incredibly powerful force that is trying to absorb the entire galaxy. You are part of the U.W.G. (United Worlds of the Galaxy) and are trying to stop that. Meanwhile, there are still the Death Warriors to worry about (this is sort of a side story here). They are enemies with the U.W.G, but ever since the Darkness came, both sides have been concentrated on holding them back. A temporary alliance has been proposed to the Death Warriors, but they are not convinced it will do any good. Now back to the actual game, your character is (like I said earlier) part of the U.W.G. Basically you are wandering the world accepting quests and stuff. There isn't a lot to really do in the demo, but I find it's fun just sort of exploring and talking to the people and see what kind of stuff is going on. That's just me though. I hope this is enough info for you guys. Here are the screen shots I put on my game (but now with convenient labels!).
Attachments
ScreenShot4.png
This poor hero has fallen in battle.
ScreenShot3.png
Here you can see the player in the broken down "Wild River Inn."
ScreenShot2.png
This is the character in the reviving room.
ScreenShot1.png
This is the character talking to somebody in the village.
"Apparently, nobody is in the lead in some sport that's going on right now, and that's exciting somehow." -Markus 'Notch' Persson

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Two things: One- Customize your HUD. I understand you're new, but making your HUD unique makes your game a lot more attractive.

Two- I highly recommend that you download custom resources from the resources section. It really adds to the spice and variety to your game.

Though, it does look interesting.

Camsandwich
001 Supporter

Postby Camsandwich » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Tabula Rasa wrote:Two things: One- Customize your HUD. I understand you're new, but making your HUD unique makes your game a lot more attractive.

Two- I highly recommend that you download custom resources from the resources section. It really adds to the spice and variety to your game.

Though, it does look interesting.

I did download a few, but I don't know if put them in. I was going to use a weapon, but I couldn't find the ammo. Maybe I forgot to upload that...Well anyway, I plan to add some more of those resources in the full game. I'm not sure about the HUD. I tried that once, but it didn't work. Well, I didn't really customize, I just added a button. Oh well. Anyway, I'll definitely think about it. Thanks.

Rohan15
001 Fanatic

Postby Rohan15 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:53 pm

I thought this was an engine001 remake of The Darkness. Oh well...Sounds interesting though. :)

Nel mezzo del camin di nostra vita
    mi ritrovai per una selva oscura
    che la diritta via era smarrita.
    Ahi quanto a dir qual era è cosa dura
    esta selva selvaggia e aspra e forte,
    che nel pensier rinuova la paura!
    Tant 'e amara che poco è più morte;
    ma per trattar del ben ch'i' vi trovai,
    dirò del altre cose ch'i' v'ho scorte.

-Dante Alighieri, The Inferno.

Return to Games In Progress