Zombies vs. Human

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Zombies vs. Human

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:57 pm

I am back everyone. And im making a game that will blow your socks off!

Late in the middle of the night one man wakes up to a startling noise. He quickly grabs his gun and darts to his bedroom door. Slowly he opens it to make sure no one is there. He walks carefully down the hall checking each room as he walks by. Nothing in the house the only other place he could think of was outside. He slowly opens the back door and then walks outside. Nothing was there. "Must have been a dream" Herald says. On his way back into his house *SMASH* *BANG BANG* What was that thing!

Zombies vs. Human

This game features
-Story Mode
Mini-Games such as
-Zombies vs. Human
-Survival Mode
-Zombies vs. Dog
-Zombies & Zombie Dogs vs. Human
-And more

Completion
-Story Mode 0%
-Zombies vs. Human 19% (percent for the map im working on at the time)
-Survival Mode 0%
-Zombies vs. Dog 0%
-Zombies & Zombie Dogs vs. Human 0%

I will be updating this for any time i can so be sure to look back at it.

Give me some feedback of how well you think this game might go.

Ill upload some of the custom resources that im making every now and then.

Zombie.png
Custom Zombie + Face
Zombie.png (5.08 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

weapon outline.PNG
Weapon outlines for buying weapons in mini-game Zombies vs. Human
weapon outline.PNG (1.97 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
Last edited by Tyler B on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I make tutorials for new and old users. PM me what you want to see a tutorial on!

http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22931

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Zombies vs. Human

Postby Jegar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Uggh more zombie games. Here's the list.
-Make your game original
-Make it fun
-Use customs
-Work out a good story

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:12 pm

My game is going to be the most original game out there! (story mode wise and a couple of the mini-games)

I already have the customs if you didnt see the pictures.
I make tutorials for new and old users. PM me what you want to see a tutorial on!

Jegar
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Jegar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Those are defaults with slight mods. As for story from what you have given me it seems to be standard fare.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Ok. You see what you see ill see what i see ok. ok. Im glad we're on the same page. Please do not post on this forum for my game if you have nothing nice to say.

By the way this is all i have so far i just started this game. So this isnt even half of it.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Those outlines look dank, and the gameplay itself sounds pretty forgiving for the light storyline.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:44 pm

uhhh....dank=wack right
forgiving=bad
correct?

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Dank = Cool.

Forgiving = Makes up for the storyline.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Oh ok lol.

Thanks.

TheRunner
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby TheRunner » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Looking good so far, cant wait to play.
"As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue."

- Albert Einstein

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks you guys!

Ok I have uploaded a video on my website
just go to my website which i have a link on my profile on here.

Also just a quick speed bump i ran into. How come even though i put in the system scripts to not allow zombies with the names 2-4 (i selected each one by holding ctrl) to disable AI and make them invisible it doesnt work. I tried in the Player enters for the map and system scripts and both but nothing works. Whats wrong?

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Ugh zombies again. If you can make it better than or as good as Desolation, I might play it.

Not sure about the script question. Try using "change existance" and "enable AI" events.
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:09 pm

This is just a general statement but, I know when people see the word "zombie" they go "ugh, a zombie game..." but still, it's just for fun. They shouldn't have to be better than or similar to another zombie game to even be considered a game worth playing. Isn't the point of making a game to have fun and let others have fun too? Even if it's a "cliched genre" still have some respect for the creator and their work.

TheRunner
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby TheRunner » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Er, the video is just of music...

O_o..

Anyways, yeah.

I agree with what Zhuge said, I mean...Who cares if zombie games are overused?

They are still very very fun to make, just because its an overused genre, doesnt mean you shouldnt play it.

I mean, look at all of the Zombie FPS, or just zombie games in general their are, they still get alot of players (Left 4 dead, LEft 4 dead 2, the resident evil series ect)

- Albert Einstein

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:51 pm

Thank you Zhuge and The Runner. I appreciate it.

Also i just noticed it to so forget about the video it's screwed up right now. Let me put it on youtube then it should work.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah, I noticed. It's just a black picture.
If you put it up on youtube could you post the video in this thread please. :)

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Sure thing.

The video was just on the Mini-Game Zombies vs. Human

Thats all i have done so far.

Ill put it up once i remake it because i made a mega update to the map since i posted that video.

EDIT* Video is on hold. I cant get my Hypercam to work so im going to uninstall it then reinstall it when i get home.
Also game updates are at a halt for a few hours. Im going to homecoming tonight. Everyone good luck with your games

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:04 pm

Good luck with our games?!? Good luck with homecoming man! ;)
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:17 pm

HAHA very funny. Anyways i have 1 hour and 45 mins til i have to go. But im running around the house doing chores. i have a quick second so i figured id look at my forum and theres you post! OMG SO RANDOM! not.

But ya thanks. I need it. lol. NO I DONT LOOK LIKE A NERD NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL! no one at my school even knows i can make games. Im just an A's and B's student. lol. later everyone! wont be home till 11 pm my time.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Pfft, nobody has ever looked like a nerd. You're not a nerd, nobody is. We all have our own interest and style. 8)
Anyway, have fun, but we should get back on topic.

Predator King
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Predator King » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Now3r3 wrote:Ok. You see what you see ill see what i see ok. ok. Im glad we're on the same page. Please do not post on this forum for my game if you have nothing nice to say.

By the way this is all i have so far i just started this game. So this isnt even half of it.

Your game isn't going to get far if you ignore other member's constructive criticism and act like a stuck-up moderator.
I am bacon.

Fry me in grease and put me on a plate covered in paper towels when you're ready to serve.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Very true.
You have to accept everyone's opinion and be able to take criticism. He was just telling you what to improve.

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:26 am

Zhuge wrote:This is just a general statement but, I know when people see the word "zombie" they go "ugh, a zombie game..." but still, it's just for fun. They shouldn't have to be better than or similar to another zombie game to even be considered a game worth playing. Isn't the point of making a game to have fun and let others have fun too? Even if it's a "cliched genre" still have some respect for the creator and their work.

Totally agree! I mean, the game I'm making has been funner (more fun) to make than any other game I have made yet. And I have gotten quite good feedback so far. So I see this game going far, possibly further than mine. And If it turns out to have more content than mine, at least I know I inspired him (lol). The screenshots look AWESOME! Think you could let me borrow a few? I could use an artist for my game. (I stink at computer-art, which is ironic because outside of the computer world I am quite a creative artist!). Maybe a zombie body or something. Anyways, I really really REALLY wanna see this game now!

Zhuge wrote:Very true.
You have to accept everyone's opinion and be able to take criticism. He was just telling you what to improve.

Yeah, I think he should be more accepting of criticism, but then again I don't like it when people write a single sentence saying something like- As for your story, it's standard fare.
Maybe next time they should realize that the person recieving the critique will more likely accept it if they throw in a few positives and make it more relaxed, like saying....

"Your story seems like standard fare, but I'm sure you can find a few ways to improve that. Since you haven't really released the game yet, I'm not sure what to say since I haven't really played it. It might be a lot more interesting than it sounds, and so maybe add a few more details to the story description! :)"
modern day warrior mean mean stride

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:22 am

Ok ok i admit i was a little (a lot) grumpy the other day. Im sorry and i will accept criticism. just do what tracelight24 said and it wont be so harsh.

Anyways just got back im going to continue working on my game.

Tracelight ill send you a PM with a link to where you can get them ok. (or maybe ill email them to you) whats your email? send me a pm with it.

EDIT*

Latest Updates

I am currently working on a Zombie Dog.

Story mode - Just started up working on the first map.

Zombies vs Human - Ran into a slight problem. Even when the character has enough money and unlocks the door none of the zombies with the name 2(yes i selected each one) they dont become existent. I cant figure out whats wrong. I remade the door 3 or 4 times and looked over the scripting i did but it still wont work.

More updates coming soon.
More screen shots coming soon.

Predator King
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Predator King » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:04 am

Now3r3 wrote:Zombies vs Human - Ran into a slight problem. Even when the character has enough money and unlocks the door none of the zombies with the name 2(yes i selected each one) they dont become existent. I cant figure out whats wrong. I remade the door 3 or 4 times and looked over the scripting i did but it still wont work.

If the game's folder isn't too large, you could send it to a trustworthy member and have them fix it for you.
I am bacon.

Fry me in grease and put me on a plate covered in paper towels when you're ready to serve.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:09 am

Anyone i know i can trust?

hmmm....thats tough.......i dont think there is anyone i can trust.

Maybe tracelight but im not sure if he will take any of my ideas.

EDIT*

Getting off. Took some benydrel and feel like im about to pass out. Ill finish up some more tomorrow (sunday) good night.

Latest Updates

Zombie Dog now finished.

ZD.PNG
Zombie Dog Finally done.
ZD.PNG (1.46 KiB) Viewed 1186 times

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:06 am

Zhuge wrote:Very true.

You're lucky I haven't posted yet, mate. You'll literally swear at me for what I might've said, but I think they've covered everything, minus the harsh words.

Zombie Dog looks decent enough, I guess.
And where scripts are concerned, if you name many zombies '2', it will only make the first one created inexistent. You have to use different names for each of the zombies.

With regards to the plot, any updates?
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:37 pm

I wouldn't take any of your ideas but MIV just gave you the solution.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:04 pm

o ok thanks MIV didnt know that.

Tracelight ill send you the zombie and the weapon outlines in a little bit. So be expecting an email from Now3r3@yahoo/Hotmail/Me.com (1 of the 3)

Story

No further updates. Story mode is at a halt until the first map for Zombies vs. Human Is done. It wont take me very long before it is. Once it is ill upload the download on here.

EDIT*

tracelight24 wrote:I think he's trying to make as similar to Nazi zombies as possible. And shop would be fine, but I think he's going to make something with the HUD like a message saying "do you want to buy (weapon)?" that only appears when your in the space or something. that would be awesomesauce

I am going to start working on this feature as soon as the new update version of 001 comes out with the fixed interface error. Because i have the Retrieve area RunTime Error '5' that pops up.

So unless someone else out there is willing on figuring this out and telling me EXACTLY what has to go in the spots i cant do it yet.

EDIT* EDIT*

Zombies vs. Human

another problem.

The zombies stop after you kill them a few times. Whats wrong. They have Auto-Move and Auto-Face to go towards player. Yet sometimes they stop and dont move anymore. I cant seem to figure out what the problem is.

Also in their killed script not sure if this would do it but it has a Random Branch to give the player different sums of money and different delay times before they respawn back where they started. But i dont have any Disable Character for them.

EDIT* EDIT* EDIT*

GREATEST FEATURE EVER!

I have recently added a Random Box to my mini-game Zombies vs. Human.

Its just like the Random Box on Call of Duty World At War Nazi Zombies. You pay a sum of money and it can give you the greatest gun. Or the worst gun.

I now offically think this mini-game will blow you away.

Video soon maybe. Not sure. Might try downloading my hypercam again.

EDIT* EDIT* EDIT* EDIT*

Start posting your comments on these screen shots of the map and of gameplay.
ScreenShot 1.PNG

ScreenShot 2.PNG

Gameplay 5.PNG

Gameplay 2.PNG

Gameplay 1.PNG

EDIT* EDIT* EDIT* EDIT*

Come on people start posting something. Comments, Feedback, What's missing that would make you play(dont say "Dont make a zombie game")

Also I will not be working on this game non-stop. I am currently working on Apps for Iphone/Ipod Touch. But this game will be worked on at some point everyday.

EDIT* EDIT* EDIT* EDIT* EDIT*

About ready to upload a version of the game on here. Be prepared.

Also it is only the Mini-Game: Zombies vs. Human Map: Night of the Undead

BUMP.
Come on people start posting your comments im tired of having to put EDIT*

EDIT* EDIT* EDIT* EDIT* EDIT* EDIT*

THE DOWNLOAD IS NOW AVAILABLE AT http://www.engine001.com/games/Zombies+vs.+Human_856.htm
Last edited by Tyler B on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:28 am

Dude, you cannot expect us to reply to everything so fast. Mind you, we aren't on the forums 24/7, so you will wait. Nobody's posted in my thread and you don't see me posting six freaking EDITS just to catch people's attention.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Predator King
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Predator King » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:43 am

Don't tell people what to do, and don't spam giant edit signs six times in a post demanding people to say something, just because you think everyone on the Earth is going to be spending all their time reading your thread and that you are their supreme ruler, doesn't mean you have to act like it's the case. Remember my previous post.

*********EDIT*******

Seriously. It's not a very cool thing to do.

*********EDIT*******

Infact, I find it quite annoying.

*********EDIT*******

Oh, also, your game is not finished. It shouldn't be listed as version 1.0.

*********EDIT*******

Why has no one responded to my post? :(
I am bacon.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:40 am

Latest updates

Story mode back in progress.

Latest Ideas for the game

I am think about an awesome idea for the Zombies vs Human mini-game. There will be a Reg. Mode and a Party Mode. In party mode the lights are color full, no creepyness type feel(or at least a try of a creepyness feel) different zombies(not sure what they can look like so leave a comment suggesting how they look)

Also i did not edit the post just to get peoples attention to post. My fourm sat there from 10:02 am yesterday(sunday) and sat there until MIV posted. Also each one of the edits had a purpose. i added screenshots. Added more to the ideas. And yet no one posted so i was just trying to keep everyone up-to-date and let them know where the most recent update was by putting EDIT*. Would you like me to do ---> any time theres an update on the same post that way you know this is where the latest update is?

One last thing. Its v1.0 because i hate when people put v0.1 or v0.5 and a half or something like that. Theres no reason for it because the first version of everything is version 1.0 There is no v0.5 or v0. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAPPEN THAT MEANS THERE IS NOTHING BUT A MAN THAT MOVES. if you have any part of the game done its v1 the second you upload it.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:23 am

First of all, it's barely even one day. You can't even expect us to post.
Second, I'd like to ask, what kind of zombies there are in the Party mode that are different? Maybe you could refer to Plants vs Zombies' Dancing Zombie for an idea.
Thirdly, don't try to be smart. Look, if you think you are desperate enough such that you MUST post within an hour or get bored to death, or if you actually do have the free time, I won't exactly mind if you had 1, 2, or maybe in rare cases 6 edits. But seriously, did you have to permeate every single teensy sentence with an **EDIT?
And for god's sake, can you stop typing in capital letters? You plan to sound clever by retorting, but really; can't you justify your answers in a more appropriate, and mature way?

Look, I'm not going to start a flame war with you based on what you are doing. I just want to know what you have been doing to your games, and what problems you are facing (just a brief list of them). Period. No flame war.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Predator King
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Predator King » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:27 am

Now3r3 wrote:One last thing. Its v1.0 because i hate when people put v0.1 or v0.5 and a half or something like that. Theres no reason for it because the first version of everything is version 1.0 There is no v0.5 or v0. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAPPEN THAT MEANS THERE IS NOTHING BUT A MAN THAT MOVES. if you have any part of the game done its v1 the second you upload it.

No, version 1.0 implies that it is a finished product.
I am bacon.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:28 am

Predator King wrote:No, version 1.0 implies that it is a finished product.

Different people have different interpretations. For example, V1.0 can suggest at least a proper plot and a setting are present, but further updates may follow if the game isn't complete. Or it can suggest 'completed version 1.0'.
But really, can we please stop debating on such trivial issues? It's really compromising our maturity on this forum.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:02 am

Stop. Let's just get back on topic from here. No more insults and such. And please, Now don't spam.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Ok. Anyways I am still in the process of working on the story right now. And just for predator ill change it to v0.1 if that will make him happy.

For the party mode i want some suggestions of how the zombies should look. Nothing scary i want them to be easily noticed as a zombie but yet not look to much like a zombie. (i was thinking of making blood spots on them and dressing them up like a clown or something)

Does anyone know if it is possible to have 2 weapons wielded(out) at the same time but 2 different buttons used for each. so say Primary weapon is CTRL and Secondary (it would be a knife) and to use it you hit F or some other button than CTRL.

I do however realize that i need to make the button and tell it what to do. And that i have to make another spot for a weapon on the HUD if i want it to show up.
Last edited by Tyler B on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:57 pm

No, flame wars are not good. And cut the kid some slack, he's trying to stay on top of things (even if they feel a bit spammy!). Anyways,

It looks okay so far, but when I run the game after downloading the installation a get an internal error message. I'm wondering if anyone else got this. Hmm... Maybe it will be fixed next update.

So, keep working on it. Sounds like your devoted, which is good.

Tai

*EDIT!*
This is not an edit. Just felt like putting edit.

*EDIT! SUPER-EDIT!*
Once again not an edit.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:13 pm

haha very funny thanks. Anyways i am still trying to figure out what i put in the last post. But the secondary weapon is constantly going to be a Knife. So yes the Mini-Game Zombies vs Human is going to be as close to CoD WaW(5) Nazi Zombies.

Off topic i know but
Just a Theory/Hypothesis/guess whatever. i think the reason its taking Mike so long to update to a newer version without the Error 5 message popping up is because hes working on this version, 3D version, and possibly another App with his friends.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Naw, he's just busy with his personal life. 001 shouldn't come before himself ya know. ;)

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:18 pm

ok i completely overlooked that....wow...i feel stupid.....haha just kidding.

New version with minor updates being upload in a few moments.

Updates

-Party Mode in progress
-Difficulty (Novice, Regular, Hardend, Vetran) being added (Novice is the only 1 done)
-Added money field to HUD
-Changed Resolution(still a few more updates needed on a few interfaces)
-Party Mode for Map Night of the Undead is almost half way complete. Need to add a few more things like characters, ground tiles, mid-level tiles, and zones.

Updates 2
-Party Mode map almost complete just a few more zones to add.
-Working on HUD field that will pop up saying "Press ENTER to purchase AK-47 for $800" (it only pops up when in a specific space on the map)
-Found a minor defect with the Night of the Undead map on Regular Mode. 1 of the zones did not cover the entire entry way but the problem has been solved.
-Some interfaces fixed since the last update still more to fix.
-Starting the clothing process for all zombies on Night of the Undead Party Mode map.
-Story Mode first map almost complete.

More updates to come.
Last edited by Tyler B on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Predator King
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Predator King » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Now3r3 wrote:
-Difficulty (Novice, Regular, Hardend, Vetran) being added (Novice is the only 1 done)

More updates to come.

Wow, I really wasn't expecting a difficulty level where you play as a transgender vet, or one where instead of seeing the ending you just find a corridor with nothing in it but a suicide machine. :lol:
I am bacon.

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 pm

hahah thats horrible predator lololol

so, anyone else having problems with the game not working?

Predator King
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Predator King » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:09 am

That's not the game, it's just that games uploaded recently don't install properly.
I am bacon.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 am

recent updates/news

-Party Mode map complete. Just working on the outfit for the zombies
-Adding music. and an Enable/Disable function in the Main Menu which will also include all the songs i have in the game. (also if anyone knows any songs that would work perfect for a scary type game please let me know)
-Story mode came back to a halt. Will continue once Difficulty levels are done.
-Still may make more adjustments to Regular Mode map.
-Added new item holder spot (instead of a big white circle) Its a surprise so be prepared for the next version.

Recent updates/news

Oh my god everyone. You are going to be blown away on the next update.

-Started work on New Buy Weapon fields. Any time you are in front of a weapon 1 of 2 fields on the HUD will pop-up. For now all i have done is the Uzi field. So for example...before you buy a Uzi it says on the HUD "$225 to purchase a Uzi" once you buy one the field changes and says "$25 to purchase ammo for the Uzi"

-Party Mode zombies will not be dressed up. Instead they are all different colors. I will be working on making them change colors every few seconds/minutes.

-Story Mode still on standby. Please be patient. I want to finish these 2 maps before i start working on Story Mode again.

Tell me if you want me to put a newer version on here so you guys/girls can tell me how the HUD thing is. Does anyone think this is a good idea? Or just dumb? (if you havnt figured this out yet im trying to make my game as close to CoD 5 Nazi Zombies)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:47 am

Look, just make a screenshot and show the HUD to us.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:53 pm

No. I said its a surprise. Plus last night after i edited that post i put up a new download version featuring the New weapon holder, and the new Buy Weapon field for the Uzi only so far. Im still working on the rest should be done shortly.

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Postby Scaveleon » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Surprise? About one hour later, here it comes.

http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6135&start=270#p181188

I think it's outdated, but still. :razz:
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:53 pm

Wait... why would they be selling things during a fight for survival?
Wouldn't it just be pick-ups?
I figured if there was going to be an actual zombie apocalypse I could run outside and grab a shotgun off the ground and start blowing off some zombie heads instead of having to stop on a wall and give money to it. (What do walls buy with the money anyway? New insulation? More bricks?)

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Hmmm....thats a good question. IDK. All i know is im trying to make this Mini-Game as close to Nazi Zombies from CoD 5 as i can get it. So far i think im getting pretty close. (not map wise im designing each map different and i only used one name from CoD 5 which is Night of the Undead = Natch Der Untoten)

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Should recolor them / give them new clothing. They just look like green zombies with pants and sneakers.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:19 pm

for now. But i will soon. I want to finish up the Weapon zones then ill go ahead and update the download.

Updates

-Regular Mode weapon zones almost complete.
-Started working on Party Mode weapon zones.(once complete new updated version will be here)
-Going to recolor zombies like Zhuge suggested once i finish weapon zones.
-Might put a stop to game production in a little bite. Getting a little tired and im sick so ya.
-Next update should be here soon hopefully.

Updates

-i am starting to work on Story Mode again. Once i finish 3 of the maps (like maybe 1-2 mins of gamplay) im not sure if you want me to throw it in there or just leave it until most of the story is done.

The Tony
001 Supporter

Postby The Tony » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:44 pm

when i downloaded the demo or whatever it crashes whenever I try to start the game.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Hmmm....thats strange....2 people with a download problem...strange....

Maybe it doesnt work for some people because i have the Error '5' problem on the Interfaces.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:36 am

Don't think downloads work for all games now.

Anyway, your HUD is way too basic. I saw the screenshot, needs quite a bit of work. Bars could use a holder, weapon holder needs more detail to fit into the theme.
And maybe you can consider adding a few more objects to the map and using some custom tilesets/walls instead of the defaults. From what I see, the map is kinda plain, and not really much of a dark feel, because a cheery feel and zombies just won't cut it.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:38 pm

Thanks for the Input. I was just trying to get a few maps thrown together for now. Go more into detail later. And also how do i make custom walls anyway?

Anyone know how to make blood using Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0?

Is there anything under the script area that would check what item the character has equipped? I tried the item held branch thing but that didnt work.

Requests

I do have a few requests for those of you who are extra spectacular at making images/resources.

Heres what i would like
-Better Item/Weapon Holder(The attachment named Item/Weapon Holder)
-A big graphic with Multiple zombies and 1 human with a weapon in his hands and centered the words "Zombies vs Human" (1400 x 900 or the main default size when you make a new game 640 x 480 i believe)
-Blood splatter
-sounds (maybe)
-Scary Music

If you will do any of these please PM/E-Mail me and i will give you more details ASAP.

You will receive credit.

weapon.png
Item/Weapon Holder
weapon.png (3.35 KiB) Viewed 1078 times

somewhat look like.png
The big graphic (640 x 480) make it WAY better please. I threw this together real quick. This is what kind of atmosphere on it i want. Only darker and scarier.
somewhat look like.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:50 pm

:D how about this?
Attachments
scariER.PNG
It's pretty scary

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:31 pm

HAHA very funny tracelight. (it is funny)

I need it to look better graphic wise. And have more zombies. And a better guy with a more detailed gun.

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:39 pm

:) don't worry, someone will do it

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:09 am

hopefully. Haha. Im just kidding i know someone will. Eventually.

Anyways

No new News/Updates

however i do have a question.

On a Range Branch i want to make it Add an amount of money from 5 - 50 to the player. How do i make it add it. I know i do the expression, click the square, find math then click addition. From there what do the 2 boxes have to be set to? (i know ones Main.Money)

Updates 2

I have been working on a title screen Image and heres what ive come up with. im sure it could use a lot more detail. There are different variations. So tell me what number is better (the number will be in the photo description)

ZvH v1.png

ZvH v2.png

ZvH v3.png

ZvH v4.png
Last edited by Tyler B on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:11 am

Is this sidescrolling now? That would be awesome!

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:28 am

wait sidescrolling? 2 things. Whats that. And How do i make it sidescrolling?

*check out the post before this for all the title screen images ive made (different variations) and tell me which ones better. (or best)

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:56 am

I like Number 4 the best.

Sidescrolling is where you only move left and right. There is no y-axis involved in movement. I have a tutorial:
http://www.engine001.com/tutorials/Creating+a+Platform-Styled+Game_115.htm

TheRunner
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby TheRunner » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:22 am

Stephen Chapman wrote:Is this sidescrolling now? That would be awesome!

But apperantly if i tried to make a zombie sidescroller, it would be horrible right?

Anyways, ontopic.

Cant wait, and like chapman said, number 4.

- Albert Einstein

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:53 am

number 3, i think. they all look pretty good. by the way I would stick to x and y movement. If you have trouble with scripting and such right now, sidescrolling would add a whole 'nother set of difficulties. ( or maybe not more difficult, just more tedious)

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Ok everyone. Ill make you a deal. As soon as i finish (completely) The first map (Night of the Undead) for the Mini-Game Zombies vs Human this includes No more Bugs, all difficulties complete, Regular mode and Party mode are complete, etc.

As soon as thats done i will start working on another Mini-Game that is sidescrolling.

Anyways like your guys said back ontopic.

3. #1 + #2

Keep telling me which ones best (your vote only counts once)

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:55 pm

(Technically we were always on topic)

I wouldn't bother with adding a sidescrolling element if you are going to use x and y.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:46 pm

Don't worry. Sidescrolling Mini-Game will only allow you to use the X axis. No Y axis. Dont worry about anything else. I know what i will have to do to make sure that Mini-Game doesnt use the Y axis.

Title Image voting is now on my website. The link is in my signature.
Last edited by Tyler B on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:57 am

I've posted the HUD in the Resources section.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:06 pm

K thanks. Also everyone. My website is now up and running.

Has the updates/news for the day, polls, ect.
The link will be in my Signature soon.

once i have the Introduction to the story mode complete i might upload a new version. Still unsure. Have a lot of work to do to the Mini-Game still.
Last edited by Tyler B on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:41 pm

Aim for perfection on the main game mode. Then on the minigames.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Just what im doing.

Trying to fix all the bugs that i can find in the story mode before i upload it to.

So far so good not working on it as hard as i was. I may not work on it tomorrow and Thursday because i have mid-terms and need to study. but over fall break ill be working hard to update the story mode.

Beginning of Story Mode should be finished some time this week. Once it is ill update the game. (the beginning of the beginning)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:29 am

So what have you planned for the main story?

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:02 pm

not much really. still working on the very beginning of the game like the opening part. once thats done ill start planning out the later parts of the story mode.

I am switching to my Mac for a while so i can finish up an image that ive been working on in Photoshop CS4. In other words i am not working on the game right now so be patient and wait for the update.

Any feedback????

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Sorry to bear bad news, but I got these errors trying to run Zombies vs. Human. One after the other.
Error 1.jpg
Error 1.jpg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 983 times

Error 2.jpg

Did anyone else have this problem?

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:37 pm

did you move any of the files after it was downloaded?

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Nope. Installed it straight on and it didnt work.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Hmmm....i dont know what to say. Works fine for me....and i think tracelight was the only other person that has told me about getting a problem like that. Ill update it in a few days....of maybe ill just update it with what i have right now.

I will be updating a early version of 0.1.32 which will be called 0.1.35 because story mode is still in the midst of the early stages. A few things in the mini-game Zombies vs. Human have been changed.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:42 am

Next version should be coming soon. Then you can get back to updating and stuff.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:10 am

Ya. Well i did release the 0.1.35 version of Zombies vs. Human right after that post so go download it again and see if it works.

Edit: Thank god Mike uploaded version 1.6.2 ill be updating the HUD then ill update the game again. That will be the last update for a while.

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 pm

1st post needs to be updated and a screenshot. Thankyou. 8)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:08 am

Now3r3 wrote:Ya. Well i did release the 0.1.35 version of Zombies vs. Human right after that post so go download it again and see if it works.

Edit: Thank god Mike uploaded version 1.6.2 ill be updating the HUD then ill update the game again. That will be the last update for a while.

Correction: 1.6.3. Save and load should work now.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:09 pm

O ok. Once i read that i downloaded it. Didnt have a problem with v 1.6.2 worked fine for me. (i know it might have had problems for others) But anyway the game HUD will be updated shortly and uploaded.

Right now i think i may scratch this game.(stop working on it and delete it.)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 am

Come on, your game wasn't all bad...

The M4 Team Salutes You.

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:34 pm

If you decide, you should leave a post saying this game is cancel...

Tyler B
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Tyler B » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:58 am

Ill think about it.

Right now im thinking about keeping it just removing the story piece of the game for now and finishing all the mini-games(also rename the game to Zombie vs. Human Mini-Games if i do remove the story) or ill remove the Mini-Games for now and work on the story. (either way both parts of the game will be made eventually if i do not stop work on this and trash the idea)

Right now i think i will stick with the Mini-Games peice and remove story mode for now. But its not final.

No more story mode within this version of the game.

Last bumped by Tyler B on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:58 am.

Return to Games In Progress