Create New Sprite Parts?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Plague Docteur

Create New Sprite Parts?

Postby Plague Docteur » Tue May 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi there! New member here on the forums, but I've had Game Creator for about a year. One thing I'm curious about that I can't seem to find any info on, is there a way to create new categories for sprite parts? By default in the software you have:

Body
Face
Hair
Shoes
Pants
Shirt
Accessory
Hat
Mask

Is there a way to edit these categories or create entirely new ones?

Thanks in advance for any help and answers!

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Re: Create New Sprite Parts?

Postby Mr.Numbers » Tue May 02, 2017 6:11 pm

All you have to do is in the sprite editor, type in your own custom category name!

If no sprites in your game use a category, it will not be displayed in the actor editor, thus making it not so cluttered assuming you are using custom sprites, or decide to delete some from the default templates.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Plague Docteur

Re: Create New Sprite Parts?

Postby Plague Docteur » Tue May 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Thank you so much! I feel really stupid now. I had no idea that was even a text field. I thought it was just a drop down so I was searching the program high and low for a separate menu or place where I could create categories. Really appreciate the help!

Return to Technical Support Questions