Random learny things

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Random learny things

Postby 2cool4me4 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:44 pm

That's about all I have to say, this will be a bit of a place for anyone, including me, to put anything random that they've learned today, yesterday... a year ago...

Anyway, I'm just going to get started.

Yesterday, I took apart an old floppy drive. After quite a bit of work today, I got the spindle motor (the large one that spins the floppy around) to spin at several different speeds. Aside from that, I found a cool stepper motor that could be used for different tasks (though they seem to be more interesting still inside the drive.)
Last edited by 2cool4me4 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Re: Random learny things

Postby AnvilHouse » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 pm

That video may have just made my face melt.

Two months ago I learned that sunspots are formed when opposing magnetic forces of the sun create a vortex, drawing in radiation and plasma. Which then are ejected as CMEs(Coronal Mass Ejections) and the physics of said vortexes can be measured in the same manner of a tornado here on Earth.
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

sinjin48
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Random learny things

Postby sinjin48 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Tea tastes different if you put milk in the cup before pouring the tea in ( from a POT, not some barbaric tea bag in a cup...), as opposed to putting the tea in first. Sugar makes no difference to the taste no matter when it is put in. To a tea addict like me, this is useful. I like the Milk-in-first taste best.
:D
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to General Discussion