Multiplayer and subscription

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
Danny
001 Forum Master

Multiplayer and subscription

Postby Danny » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:33 pm

I want to ask a question but also wish to avoid making to many new threads in the support section. I read somewhere on the forums that online multiplayer is coming to 001, please can i ask when? As soon as you release the next 001 subscription with these features i want to subscribe asap! I need these features.

Thanks.

RamchuK_Ntertainment
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Administration Discussion (Open)

Postby RamchuK_Ntertainment » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:05 am

Danny wrote:I want to ask a question but also wish to avoid making to many new threads in the support section. I read somewhere on the forums that online multiplayer is coming to 001, please can i ask when? As soon as you release the next 001 subscription with these features i want to subscribe asap! I need these features.

Thanks.

Next version; should be released in less than a month or so.
Travesty: 3D Survival - WIP >>> Forum Topic
University of Washington (BABA)
-REGT- Ramchuk Entertainment Games Team
Strategy/Action/Adventure
Copyrighted©2008-2017

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 am

Just to clarify - online multiplayer hasn't completely been added yet. Network Messaging has been added, and is a step towards that direction. But it's not efficient for real time multiplayer.
EDIT: The above is incorrect. See Mike's post:

Mike wrote:Why is it not efficient for real time games? That's exactly what it's intended for :P.

Also, as always, the release date is unknown for the next version. Ramchuk is speculating :P

dragonnutds
001 Subscriber

Postby dragonnutds » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:10 am

Gamerdude wrote:But it's not efficient for real time multiplayer.

: (

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:11 am

Gamerdude wrote:Just to clarify - online multiplayer hasn't completely been added yet. Network Messaging has been added, and is a step towards that direction. But it's not efficient for real time multiplayer.

Also, as always, the release date is unknown for the next version. Ramchuk is speculating :P

Let me be a little more specific. Will it be able to handle "Turn Based" multiplayer? Tic Tac Toe, Card Playing Games... etc. If it will then still subscribing and this is the style of online multiplayer i am wanting.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:13 am

I haven't used it myself, but I believe it could be used for that, yes.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:17 am

Why is it not efficient for real time games? That's exactly what it's intended for :P.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:22 am

This is great news! Can't wait for the update, thanks everyone :D

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:44 am

Mike wrote:Why is it not efficient for real time games? That's exactly what it's intended for :P.

I could have sworn I'd read a post by you that it wasn't good for real time yet, that it was just a foundation for that eventually. But now I can't find it, so maybe it was an old post haha. My bad, I'll correct the post.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: Multiplayer and subscription

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:31 pm

The old MySQL events, and the Query events, should not be used for real-time gaming. But the new network triggers are definitely intended for any purpose.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:50 pm

This is awesome then. :) Really keen to try this out, especially with FPS becoming more viable now too.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:47 pm

It is super important to note though that nothing is really setup for you. You can't expect to build a multiplayer game in seconds with this :P You have to build login systems (If applicable), and code the "Talk" between client/server.
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:52 pm

We'll include example multiplayer projects and update the wiki over time to help users out.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:54 pm

I have to say am really looking forward to what am hearing! With these new features to come you guys have made game developing better now, realtime multiplayer, turnbased multiplayer, game chat, item exchanging, you name it. Looking forward to the release! If you want these in your game that bad you gotta learn some stuff i guess :D

dragonnutds
001 Subscriber

Postby dragonnutds » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm

: D

that is great news, i got really discouraged earlier! and a template to help out? YES! i have been brainstorming how to keep clients synced with servers but a template might have examples better than what i can think up

Return to Technical Support Questions