Death Ence [Video Inside]

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
todydejaca
001 Admirer

Death Ence [Video Inside]

Postby todydejaca » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Death Ence is, as the name sugests, a defensive arcade game. You build walls, traps, search for survivors, scavenge for food and try to survive. Assign survivors to defensive positions, and let them light up the enemy. Death Ence is all about strategy and management of resources like food, weapons, ammo, personnel... And yes, blow up some heads too (:

History
As this is an arcade game, there isn't much of a story on it, but there's a little introduction...

An infection took over the entire world, unknown to man, the infection spread so fast, that nobody could do a thing. Some people, genetically immune to the disease managed to regroup, and set up defenses against the recently discovered enemy. The infection mutated every single human that wasn't immune to it. But unlike in the movies, they weren't simple slow zombies, they where intelligent and had a at least a little of logic. They were like us, in the begining of our existance, simple yet effective. The mutants walk in groups, comunicate with each oher, it's almost a primitive society. Some survivors joke saying that, the New World order is kinda diferent than what most people thought..

Death Ence?
If you say Death Ence quickly, it's almost like saying Defense. Death Ence is about an event that killed millions of people, that's why "Death", the "Ence" part don't have any meaning behind it. Some friensd sugested "fences", but that doesn't make much sense :P

Gameplay
On Death Ence, you control an army general, you can assemble a team and search for food and/or other survivors, fight the enemies back, and manage your stronghold. Keep you survivors happy, with food and entertainment, sad survivors can start a rebellion, leave the stronghold or start a riot. Deal with "sad" survivors fast to get you personnel working and alive.

Mouse Aiming!!! \o/

Outside Missions
You can ho outside the stronghold alone or in groups. The bigger the group, the easier will be to fight the enemies, but there will be less people on the stronghold. While on outside missions, the player can scavenge food, materials, ammo, weapons and equipments, build outposts or do a reckon on the area.

Survivors
Larger groups of survivors are found in office buildings, malls, town square and etc (more enemies will be found too!). Survivors are the workers on the stronghold. They can assume fighting positions on the walls and towers, transport ammo, build things, make meals and etc. The efficiency of the survivors if influenced by their happiness, they get happy with parties, and by eating different meals. If you feed them with, for instance, meat only, their happiness won't go up or down, it will be static. The death of friends can cause a huge drop on happiness, so keep everyone safe.

Food
Can be found in more quantity on markets, restaurants and etc. There are lots of types of foods out there, so the richer the survivors meals are, the happier they will be.

Materials
Can be found in more quantity on markets, construction sites and deposits. You can use them to build better walls, fences, traps and etc. There are lots of material types, each construction requires different types and quantities of supplies

Ammo and Weapons
Can be found in more quantity on gun shops, police stations, army bases, deposits and etc. Ammo is used by weapons. There are lots of ammo and weapon types, each kind of weapon requires a different type of ammo.

Equipment
Can be found in more quantity on markets, stores and etc. Equipment are used to build turrets, communication radios and much more things.

Outposts (Not Sure if there will be this possibility)
Outposts are small "strongholds" outside the main one. They are normal buildings, with extra defense. Outposts can be upgraded with better walls, doors, and equipments (comm towers, radars and turrets.

Features
- Explore the devastated city and scavenge for food, supplies and search for survivors.
- Upgrade your stronghold with stronger walls, fences, and building traps.
- Manage your resources, like personnel, food, supplies...
- Make your survivors happy, or be ready for a riot.
- Take part into the action, with mouse aim and more than 30 weapons to chose from (More will be added)
- Realistic ambient with sounds and effects.
- Perks
- Skillz: Manage physical and mental skill points by collecting Skillz units that are found in the city.
- Badges
- Mouse suport on interfaces and aiming!

DeathWeb
Death Ence connects with online databases, wich stores data about badges, perks, items and much more. Show to your friends that you are the best, or simply share with other people what you've managed to do ;)

DeathWeb Features:
- Customize your profile name, personal message and colors.
- Show your friends the progress you got, like achievements, stats and much more!
- Automatically generated pages that shows your profile info! E.g: "www.ragex.com/users/yournickhere.php"
-
Badges will be explained latter, as well some more info on gameplay.

Abilities, Perks and Achievements

Abilities
Guns: Determines your accuracy and damage with small and medium guns (eg.: pistols, assault rifles...)
Heavy Guns: Determines your accuracy and damage with big guns (eg.: rocket launcher...)
Melee: Determines your overall effectiveness and damage with melee weapons (eg.: knifes...)
S

ScreenShots & Vids

Main Menu

Note, the graphics are the engine 001's default ones, that was more a test of concept. But the final main menu will be something like that for sure :)

Last edited by todydejaca on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 14 times in total.

patatoface
001 Forum Master

Re: Death Ence

Postby patatoface » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:43 am

sounds quite good, i'm looking forward to it

todydejaca
001 Admirer

Postby todydejaca » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks *-*

By the way, if any pixel artist out there wants to help me with this project, please let me know. I suck on pixel-art, this is one of the main reasons i don't spend even more time making games...

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:16 am

Try pming serrafina or ixayou or one of the other amazing artists around the site. Although you might not like serra's style.
Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

todydejaca
001 Admirer

Postby todydejaca » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks for the tip (:
I shall get in contact with someone, but first, i need to make a better concept, with screenshots and etc...

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:16 pm

2cool4me4 wrote:Although you might not like serra's style.

I dont see why not, Serrafina is a fine artist. You won't get my help, because im drowning in work already. I dont know about Serrafina, as she's already helping me out too.

There are many other artists on the forum but if i were you i wouldnt rely on others to do art for your game, but take the time to learn it yourself.

1: Very few people is willing to make art for someone elses game unless it is a very big and solid idea, and possible made for comerical use. I am sceptical before i make art for someone else, because i have no guarantee the game will ever be finished, and then my precious working hours has gone to waste.

2: It's not as hard as everyone think. All you have to do is to learn theory and read lots of tutorials and you will be fine after a little practice. Im amazed of how many people rely on others because they are too lazy to do this themselves.

3: If you make everything yourself then your game will have your own style, and not only will it be completly original but everything will fit together. If you have several artists doing things differently it wont look good, and the art wont really be yours to claim unless paid for.

I wish more people would try and get better on art themselves instead of asking other people to spend their time on it. Art is half a game, and when you make games all on your own you should try to learn atleast a little simple art.

Sorry if i offended anyone, but i really just had to get that out there
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!
All published information about our project will be there
http://shadowsofsephtia.blog.com/

serrafina
001 Forum Master

Postby serrafina » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Much Appreciated.

todydejaca
001 Admirer

Postby todydejaca » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Ixayou wrote:2: It's not as hard as everyone think. All you have to do is to learn theory and read lots of tutorials and you will be fine after a little practice. Im amazed of how many people rely on others because they are too lazy to do this themselves.

Already tried a lot but din't got success... For instance, I can poorly draw sticks-characters... Anyway, I'm looking for a drawing course near my house, I shall get started by this month luckily.
But until I mastered it, i would appreciate some art as it's going to be more to tests.

And yes, I wouldn't ask for anyone's help until I got a really solid idea, and topic.

Thanks for the tips (:

By the way, i would only need help with characters, as i can model solid things such as walls, gates... I'm not good into modeling weapons but this is just a matter of practice ;)

Edit:

Done the first wall: Stone Wall
Here's the pic (this image will show up when you see the info of the wall, the in-game picture will be another one...
It stills simple, with basic illumination. It is because I did a "Print Screen" on Sketchup, then removed the background on Photoshop. I will render this on blender latter...

Nils Kiherman
001 Admirer

Re: Death Ence (Updated April 3th)

Postby Nils Kiherman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:06 pm

it looks awesome :D keep it up friend btw serrafina is a GREAT pixel artist, i think 2cool4me4 just meant hes art doesn't fit an horror arcade but thats just because the art she do is for rpg style i think if she want she can do any style :)
so don't give up :D and keep it up
*feel like a cheff*

todydejaca
001 Admirer

Re: Death Ence (Updated April 3th)

Postby todydejaca » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks (:
I had a delay (dengue fever, unfortunately). But i'm okay now (i think) and I already have tons of new 3D models, updating the topic soon (:

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:43 pm

serrafina wrote:

Much Appreciated.

Yeah, he probably could have worded it differently.

todydejaca
001 Admirer

Re: Death Ence (INTERFACES TOTAL REMAKE)

Postby todydejaca » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:57 am

Updated main post with video: Main Menu

Note: The graphics are 001's default, I just wanted to test some concept.

Click Here And Go To The First Post :P

haraldx
Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Death Ence [Video Inside]

Postby haraldx » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:32 am

Looks great! Love the way it looks!

todydejaca
001 Admirer

Re: Death Ence [Video Inside]

Postby todydejaca » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:43 am

noeneto123
001 Support