Worst Gaming Habits

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Danny
001 Forum Master

Worst Gaming Habits

Postby Danny » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Ever picked up an habit in a game? Post it here!

As anyone ever played a game such as Grand Theft Auto and you spent hours finding the best car only to end up getting it stuck? Then went out your way to hijack another vehicle just so you could drive it into yours to get it unstuck?

Ultimate 001 Member

Re: Worst Gaming Habits

Postby 24 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:06 am

Saving: Double saving to make certain I did save. And making extra save files at certain spots so I can revisit them.
Sales: Can't pass some of them up. Got a bunch of games I haven't played yet because of sales. (PC/Steam Is not my main platform... Yet.)
Final Battles: Once I get to one and beat it... I at least go back 5-10 more times.

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:30 pm

In all driving games, I tend to push the accelerating button harder to go faster. Ending up usually wearing out the button and breaking the controller :P
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!
All published information about our project will be there
http://shadowsofsephtia.blog.com/

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:37 pm

When playing RPGs, I always feel the need to min/max my characters instead of roleplaying them the way I want to.

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:41 pm

lol some really strange habits you lot have. Another habit of mine i cant seem to shake off is when i play car games i tend to move by body left and right when turning corners including the controller to...like that's going to help! So any more habits anyone? Come on don't be embarrassed!

Fizi
001 Fanatic

Postby Fizi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Fallout franchise: own every kind of weapon exist in the game but never use most them anyway. Long ranged and plasma-type gun are my favourite

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:01 pm

I have a really bad habit of using console cheats in Bethesda games to max my stats. Don't know why; they're easy enough as it is.

Ultimate 001 Member

Postby 24 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:21 pm

:lol: I have all of you guys beat in racing games. I tend to restart a race if I'm in single player mode if I don't start it exactly right. My pause button gets alot of work in Need for Speed.

Wonderland
001 Forum Master

Postby Wonderland » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:47 am

I save my game in Half-Life 2 practically every minute. :P

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby kerub » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:15 pm

Cheating.

And also I like to explore as much as I can even in games that aren't made for exploring. Exploration also includes actively searching for exploits and bugs.

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Postby Scaveleon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Zhuge wrote:When playing RPGs, I always feel the need to min/max my characters instead of roleplaying them the way I want to.

I'm kinda interested in stopping to play as much video games, as I don't have much time anymore... So when I do play, I only play these ridiculous playthroughs with one goal: to dominate the game so disgustingly hard that I will never have to play it ever again. Depending on the game, I sometimes play on the hardest difficulties.

I even keep track of what games I've left behind and what I've yet to beat.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

AnvilHouse
001 Support

Postby AnvilHouse » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:09 am

I always love using the least popular and worst quality of items(Example:Used to snipe with shotguns, always pissed off people :lol: )...I also will pick a better looking/matching weapon or armor set over better quality.

Also love repeating some cinematics over and over.

Last but not least, I know this is horrible, counting animation frames of everything.
Image Image Image

https://www.patreon.com/Anvilhouse ...yes...I am on Patreon!

-The store is under construction-
All items are guaranteed to work with 001 ;)

DoctorKarnage
001 Fanatic

Postby DoctorKarnage » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Spending a ridiculous amount of time in a games sound test if I dig it's music.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:12 am

DoctorKarnage wrote:Spending a ridiculous amount of time in a games sound test if I dig it's music.

Yep.
Who should I really listen to?

Fizi
001 Fanatic

Postby Fizi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:20 am

The need to reload the damn gun everytime after shooting a badgun even i failed to kill him and even theres still 100+ bullets in mags.

I really hate to do this actually. Especially when the reloading took sooooo long n the badguy is shooting you when you're reloading 8(

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 am

Fizi wrote:The need to reload the damn gun everytime after shooting a badgun even i failed to kill him and even theres still 100+ bullets in mags.

I really hate to do this actually. Especially when the reloading took sooooo long n the badguy is shooting you when you're reloading 8(

That i always do, i do it so i know if am jumped i already have ammo instead of being out, i then tend to have my finger ready for a gun switch should i get jumped in a reload.

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Re: AW: Worst Gaming Habits

Postby kerub » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:42 am

Fizi wrote:The need to reload the damn gun everytime after shooting a badgun even i failed to kill him and even theres still 100+ bullets in mags.

I used to always so that in Counter Strike and Call of Duty right after killing an enemy. Got me killed countless times but it really is a bad habit that I can't really lay off :D

Zwitfire
001 Subscriber

Postby Zwitfire » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Have played a lot of horror games.

So I'm reloading pretty much after every enemy in any game and always checking my back and corners
Everything is possible. As long as you believe in your goals, everything can be accomplished.
Jake's Destiny - The Boy Who Became A Hero
http://engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22617

gerardred
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby gerardred » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:15 pm

I always reloaded my gun in most FPS game, especially in COD :lol:

Not Me
001 Subscriber

Postby Not Me » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Ever since playing Etrian Odyssey, I have a tendency to be extremely cautious with MP, escape items, potions, and whatnot. Playing Pokemon? Better not forget an escape rope. Final Fantasy? Just attack, mages, not worth wasting your magic on that behemoth.
The above image is totally not a link to my website.

rulegram
001 Enthusiast

Postby rulegram » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:28 am

I love to terrorise people. In the Animal Crossing games I go around hitting them with shovels or digging holes around them so that they can't move. The 3DS one is great because you can now take pictures! In Driver I like to see how many people I can try and knock down (I think that's the point of the game!) Sonic Adventure Battle 2 was also a hit when it came to throwing Chaos at the wall (that was definitely only because I wanted to unlock the Dark World and not because I'm some sadistic human being! :lol: )

When I was younger, I used always create "stories" from Mario Kart DS. For example, I'd play as Bowser in Peach's Garden pretending I was going to trap her, then I'd drive over to Bowser's Castle. Then switch to Mario so I could save her. Other times I'd actually spend a few hours playing out really complex plots. Waluigi and ROB the robot were classics!

In Paper Mario (and recently the Windwaker) I tend to spend way too much time talking to the locals. That's what I love about those games, the atmosphere they can bring, the worlds you can escape to. The adventures are good but nothing beats wandering around town! Having said that, I hope this time I'll be able to beat Windwaker (got it yesterday for the Wii U. Also have the original but always got trapped in the first dungeon!)

In Mario side-scrolling games, sometimes for no reason I'll just run off and plummet to my death. Of course I also try and clear the level at a certain time so I can get fireworks. :D
Best 001 quote ever: "this is a HUGE GAME. It has a file of 68.59MB." - dude

kerub
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby kerub » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:31 am

Sometimes, in games that have neutral NPCs, I save my game and then go full retard. I slaughter every single NPC I can find and destroy every possible object in my way. I wiped out entire tows in Skyrim this way. Sometimes I also cheat to be even more powerful. But I usually reload my save and continue peacefully afterwards.

DoctorKarnage
001 Fanatic

Postby DoctorKarnage » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:52 am

kerub wrote:Sometimes, in games that have neutral NPCs, I save my game and then go full retard. I slaughter every single NPC I can find and destroy every possible object in my way. I wiped out entire tows in Skyrim this way. Sometimes I also cheat to be even more powerful. But I usually reload my save and continue peacefully afterwards.

I dedicate entire runs of various games to playing like this. Being a total jerk in video games can be surprisingly fun.

Ammohead
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Ammohead » Tue May 13, 2014 12:44 am

I think the worst habbit I have ever had that many may agree with is that when I play the older grand theft auto's even on my android now I use cheat codes. I STILL remember the weapon cheat from PS2 Vice city. R1 R2 L1 R2 Left down right up left down down down.

Then the blow up all caes because I was too lazy to chase them :lol: R1 R2 L1 L2 square triangle circle triangle L2 L1
"Life can get hard, but what I've learned is that, it gets better...Far better. Fall down, become wounded, and you'll be immune to the next situation. Hardtimes are like a pistol, you throw out one and another is right back in the chamber" -Timmy (Ammo)

Danny
001 Forum Master

Postby Danny » Wed May 14, 2014 6:26 am

When people join your game and team kill you constantly just for the fun of it i tend to wait until they get bored and leave the game, i will then personally follow them from match to match killing them constantly until they leave the game for good and go on something else. I just hate team killers that i make sure they don't do it again. :D

Return to General Discussion