How to create online game with more than +2 players ?

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
uriaphe

How to create online game with more than +2 players ?

Postby uriaphe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Hello everyone ! :D

I'm trying to find out how networking work in general so I did some research :
The P2P demo game has been designed to be a 2-players game (the client & the host)
    :? => It doesn't create a 3rd actor playable when launching the 3rd instance.

My main issue is : How to create online game with more than 2 players following the logic designed by P2P demo?

I'm looking for the easiest way for an online game logic.

- In the P2P demo, for example in the input section, it includes a comparaison branch with "if the game is hosting or not". So there's 2 way possible : The host or the client. But if there's more than 2 clients, how do I handle that?

When you want to move a character in the P2P demo, you have to select the actor.
    - How can we select the second client actor? >.<

- In the demo, actors are already placed. Can we use the "spawn actor" function and then be able to configure their actions?

- How can I set an ID for each player ? I've added +1 into a variable for each "Connection Received" available into System Triggers (Am I right?)

OR!

Do you recommand me the MMORPG DLC?
I want to know first if my solution is possible to handle without this DLC.
Chatting, account, login... is not a must for me.

It may be more easier with the DLC because of the function it offers.
What do you think guys???

Thank you for reading!

Edit : Edited my post cause it doesn't seem clear for me. :lol:

Return to Technical Support Questions