`~. Illusions From a Sea of Dreams[Halted]

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Dunce
001 Forum Master

`~. Illusions From a Sea of Dreams[Halted]

Postby Dunce » Mon May 26, 2008 3:24 am

Story and DM:C back story:

As the story goes, Zurvan is named as God. People believe that Zurvan has released them of their pain and suffering. They say that he gave them the power to create brand new lives for themselves. In a world made by Zurvan. Soon everyone worshiped Zurvan and lived with him in the Sea of Dreams, a place where everyone's greatest dreams came true. Not everyone believed in Zurvan as God. They rebelled against him and found themselves defeated. Instead of killing them, Zurvan made them live in his world. To this day the rebels have fought off Zurvan's evils and plotted his downfall. A particular pair of men came upon something very peculiar, two substances named Dark Matter and its counter part, White Matter, mainly known as Luminaire. Though enemies at first, these two men joined together and sealed away Zurvan using the powers of the two elements. Their victory was closing in, but they had underestimated Zurvan's powers. Zurvan revealed himself as The Black Lord. Spoke of in myths, The Black Lord was said to bring total destruction to the universe. Releasing his wrath, he wreaked havoc all over the universe. The planet, that the two heroes had lived on, had it's Pangaeas ripped apart leaving wrecked islands scattered about. Miraculously the pair had survived, as well as many others. Not knowing, and having no way of knowing if other humans on other planets had survived, the survivors began to rebuild the lands of their planet. The Black Lord's last words before leaving his world were, "I created this world, so that others could live in peace and safety. You all have come between their realizations. My people will be born anew in this world, but you... you will die out. Therefore I have marred my beautiful world to rid you of your lives." As he said his last words, he cast a spell. It caused the Dark Matter and Luminaire to fuse together. It then shattered into pieces, spreading throughout their planet. Once it shattered, the hole area around them lost color. Knowing it was the key to defeating The Black Lord and restoring color, they set out to find the shards. But before doing that, them and the rest of the rebels re-built their lives and homes. Founding the Black|White Republics, they named the capital city Lens. It was named for the first Republic, Feralon. Soon a second Republic was founded and named Zestial. The two heroes built a Shrine for the new Dark Matter and Luminaire artifact, named the Zestial Star after its form and the Zestial Republic. Finally getting everything fixed, the pair left on a journey to find those shards of the shattered Zestial Star. Years passed and everyone had given up hope for their return. They feared the worst. They lived on for many years, and it was at a time that they knew in their hearts that their heroes had fallen. It it has been almost five hundred years since the "Apocalypse". Three more Republics had been founded in between that time. The planet flourished with life and things were great. The new King of the Republics became very intrigued about his planet's history so he sent man a man to look for these shards. None returning. Almost giving up hope, he was reminded of why he wanted these shards. His greediness for color. He had everything, money boats women, but his desire and greed got the best of him. With no more men foolish enough to take on this quest, he volunteered two teenage boys. Their story starts now.

There will be a ton of Locations:

Five Black|White Republics

Feralon Republic:
Lens- Capital City
Moncal- Western City

There will be a lot of people you meet along the way, these are the main characters:

Name: Luminaire(You)
Origin: Lens, Feralon
Description: Luminaire was named after his ancestor who founded the Feralon Black|White Republic.
He is really laid back unlike his friend Metomunc.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Dual Wields Swords and Daggers

Luminaire's Fade Blades

Name: Jacque Ongen
Origin: Lens, Feralon
Description: Luminaire's best friend. He is destructive and foolhardy,
but can be a gentlemen when it comes to the ladies.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Swords and Explosives.

Jacque's Meto Blade

There are a lot of NPCs you meet along the way:

Name: Vincent Yaegr
Origin: Zestial
Description: Student at Lens Digital Studios. He is Luminaire's friend that moved here from the Zestial Republic.
He stands out because of the huge sword he carries with him.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Sword

Vincent's Blade he made himself.

Name: Joseph Jahansiph
Origin: Devot, Zestial
Description: He is a poor grumpy fisherman. His scar on his chest is a bit creepy.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Fisherman's spear, short knife

Name: H. Blade
Origin: Ardor, Zestial
Description: Student at Lens Digital Studios, doesn't like Luminaire that much but is a good friend of Ovoon.
He is well-known for his strength.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Hellblade, Hammers

H. Blade's Blade from his Ancestors.(Black Fire)

Name: Nation Galaxy
Origin: Unknown
Description: Blonde spiked hair wears a long sleeved shirt reminiscent of those in Star Trek, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers. Wanderer.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Club that forms into Psyonic weapons

Music(Mostly Originals):
Digital Ambiance
5th Dimensional Lullaby
A King Depressed
A King's Castle
Mellow Day
Feralon
Time in a Music Box
Music Box
Boss 1
On No! Overload!
Time is Dying
Chromatics
Black Chromatics
The Sea
Lift
447 Remix
Dead Sea
All Hope is Lost
Implosion
Harmonics
Vast Ocean Awaits Us
Revere the Night
Dead Underwater Boss 2
The Breeze
A New Dawn
Game Over
BASS
Rain Sonata By Will
Code: Select all
www.myspace.com/2015irene

Credits:
Metomunc-For Story Ideas, Resource
Tappy- resources and Being Cool
Mike And Pierre-For 001!(MaP 001, I see where came from!)
Ovoon7- Character
Mr. Numbers- Character
Hellblade- Character
5econds- Character
Will of 2015Irene- Song

Screen shots:

Its a bit weird by them selfs, here are the roads and side walks. Those middle turn ones are dumb, but I don't feel like fixing them.
Attachments
road.PNG
Last edited by Dunce on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 34 times in total.

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Re: `~. Black|White Digital Ambiance

Postby Ovoon » Mon May 26, 2008 10:16 am

That.... sounds... FRIGGIN AWESOM! +++++!!!!!+++++
But how are you gonna get black and white tilesets and sprites?
DOOF

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon May 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks Ovoon, but I don't think I am going to keep this story. I have to really thinks things through so I can get a big game.

I am currently working on the black and white tiles(I have the roads and side ways done(similar to the ones in DM)). As for the people I am going to make one piece clothes for men and women(Ya I know a game with women in it!) They are going to be spacey. Everything else, like water trees grass and other nature will just be turned black and white with my picture it 7 program and they will have greys and stuff. The sprites and tiles will be the easiest to {survive, its the story that I am worried about.}

(Hey deeds what does the stuff inside the { } remind you of? Don't tell anyone!)

EDIT!!!!: To add more zip zap and pizazz to the artsy-ness of the visuals, I am adding this Chunky Chalky texture onto them and it gives them a crayon type roughness to it that makes it yummy. I'll put some more screen shots up of it once I get more tiles an sprites done.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed May 28, 2008 2:53 pm

(Sorry for the double postage stamp!)

Is there anything anyone wants to suggest for the game? What the game should be about, characters, tiles, anything! What do you think of when you the title, Black|White Digital Ambiance? This suppose to be futuristic, maybe more Computer World type, like in Digimon.

Transparent data in the form of numerical digits that surrounds an absence of light. <---- The Secret (THING) of the Black|White Republics.

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Wed May 28, 2008 4:24 pm

something must have some colros man! my eyes gonna burn if i play this too much! :D

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed May 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Lol, there is going to be color in it, I think what my story will be about how people from distant lands discover the Black|White Republics and they are colored. I haven't decided on anything yet. Just wanting to know what the people thinks, so I can start developing the story.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Re: `~. Black|White Digital Ambiance .~´

Postby metomunc » Thu May 29, 2008 9:24 pm

Very cool idea. I think you should make all the blacka and white people very depressed because they don't know what color is like or something like that. Then some antagonist comes and starts using their depression-induced apathay against them somehow and then you have to travel to the place with color and bring heroes from there to help you fight the bad thing (.
Who should I really listen to?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri May 30, 2008 9:42 am

Hmm, interesting. Maybe the King of the Republic you live in is depressed because he has everything except for color. So he sends you and some of your fellow students at ________ Digital Studios(School) to search color in foreign lands.

This is going to have a massive world. Lol Its going to have to, because there are 5 Black|White Republics in the world of __________ . And I'm not sure how many Color Republics there could be. I don't think I should make the colored ones one color each. I should just make them normal, meaning thats a lot of resources and time! So this is going to be a good game!

Thanks Metomunc for giving me some help in making this story! You will be in the credits(Which I was have in the first so I won't forget everyone.) And since you have me in your game you are going to be in my game!(You will have a lot to do with something. Heh heh)

UPDATED THE FIRST POST!

Metomunc, I need the name your character will go by!

If anyone wants to be a main character in the game(I am looking for 3) then fill this out:

Name:
Distinction(What tells you apart for the other(this is a physical trait, like a scar on your face or something you wear)):
Very Short Description:
Weapon(s) of Choice(No guns, only melee and other long ranged things like bow and arrow.):

If you want to be a NPC then fill this out:

Name:
Very Short Description:

Once I get all the location names done then I'll ask were you want to be from.

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Fri May 30, 2008 11:03 am

I love the whole black and white idea

Digital Ambiance is a pretty cool name
DOOF

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri May 30, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks Ovoon! Would you like to be a character in this game?

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Fri May 30, 2008 11:13 am

yea!
Name: Ovoon or Johnnie (whichever fits best)
Distinction(What tells you apart for the other(this is a physical trait, like a scar on your face or something you wear)): I'm kewler... no that doesn't work... um, I have a pretty big sword strapped to my back...
Very Short Description:  Student at Lens Studios, friend of Luminaire
Weapon(s) of Choice(No guns, only melee and other long ranged things like bow and arrow.): Sword
DOOF

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri May 30, 2008 11:42 am

Yay! I updated the first post, you are Luminaire's friend that moved here from a different Republic.

5econds
001 Fanatic

Postby 5econds » Fri May 30, 2008 3:22 pm

More Screenshots please! :D

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri May 30, 2008 3:26 pm

I would if I had any. I'm still working on filling up my main characters(Need 2 more). Then I can make their weapons and start back on some more resources.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Fri May 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Name: Joseph Jahansiph (Lol, thats my nickname in school >.>)
Distinction: I am an older person with some wrinkles, big scar on my chest
Very Short Description: Fisherman, grumpy sort of poor
Weapon(s) of Choice: Fisher mans spear, short knife

:D

sounds sweet :), dont delete this one by accident this time :P
I AM THE ALL MIGHTY SCRIPTING MASTER
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri May 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Done, but don't you think 42 is a little old for the main characters?

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Fri May 30, 2008 4:03 pm

Dunce wrote:Done, but don't you think 42 is a little old for the main characters?
Especially when your really 13 :P
DOOF

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Fri May 30, 2008 11:50 pm

Sounds good!

Name: Hellblade (can be shortend to H. Blade if needed)
Distinction: Young, strongish looking person, scar on arm
Very Short Description: Student at Lens Digital Studios, doesn't like Luminaire that much but is a good friend of Ovoon
Weapon(s) of Choice: Hellblade (something like my avatar (a flaming sword)), hammer(they are very useful and can be used for many things!)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat May 31, 2008 1:06 am

Done(didn't use the scar on arm since it was used already. Trying make it more diverse.)

That is all the main characters I need.

Does anyone want to be an NPC? The form for them is a few posts above.

Metomunc I need a name for your character in the game!

I also updated the screen shot too. It has that awesome texture on it.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat May 31, 2008 1:10 am

looks good :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat May 31, 2008 1:13 am

H. Blade plays a super important role in the first part of the game. I can't tell whether it is good or bad, but I do know it will be cool.

I'm gonna go jot some notes down then sleep. Tomorrow should be a great day for resources.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat May 31, 2008 1:24 am

Sweet!!

5econds
001 Fanatic

Postby 5econds » Sat May 31, 2008 1:28 am

Name: Nation Galaxy
Distinction: blonde hair, spiked, mid build, wears a long sleeved shirt reminescent of those in Star Trek, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, etc. Blue 50's esque slacks and a belt. Boots
Weapon(s) of Choice: Club that forms into Psyonic weapons (Hard to explain, but I have sketches)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat May 31, 2008 5:08 pm

OK, that is last main character.

I need NPCs if anyone wants to be one.

(5econds, I need you to make those things for me, but they need to fit into the Black|White style. So when I get some out fits done, you can model them after them.)

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated first post. It now contains pictures of everyone's starting weapons(except for Metomunc, Joseph(His was drawn brown and turned blac, but photobucket makes it show up brown still.) and Nation Galaxy.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat May 31, 2008 6:27 pm

Mine looks sweet!

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat May 31, 2008 6:47 pm

I think what I am going to to do with your characters weapons, is just letting him have that one sword but as time goes on you will find upgrades that make it stronger. Might have something to do with color.

Hows this for the title screen? Its different.
Attachments
BW.png

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat May 31, 2008 7:13 pm

looks good

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Sat May 31, 2008 7:46 pm

Location: Black|White Digital Ambiance will poop in your mouth.

It poops in my mouth?
DOOF

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Sat May 31, 2008 8:25 pm

hey dunce, ill be an npc

ill be a braniac boss

one condition: i get to script it :P

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat May 31, 2008 8:30 pm

Deedasmi wrote:one condition: i get to script it

lol

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat May 31, 2008 8:41 pm

Deedasmi wrote:hey dunce, ill be an npc

ill be a braniac boss

one condition: i get to script it :P

OK, but I don't really know if I am going to have bosses. When I said NPCs I meant towns people. I guess I could have bosses.

Hmm. I don't know. What was that?!!?? Lightening? No, it couldn't be...

Ovoon: Yes it is that good.

Hellblade: Thanks!

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Sat May 31, 2008 8:48 pm

sending PM

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:19 pm

The Black|White Republics are going to huge islands in the Eastern Sea. And there will be other Republics(Black And White) everywhere, but the Colored ones will be by there selfs in the Northern Sea.

I'm thinking of making the maps different then I have made them before. Instead of have sections of a whole area one map, I think I am going to make a whole Republic one map. I might just make all the insides of homes on the map too instead of doors leading to another map. I'll start on a smaller Republic and see if it lags at all, then I will make them all this way.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:13 am

Dunce wrote:The Black|White Republics are going to huge islands in the Eastern Sea. And there will be other Republics(Black And White) everywhere, but the Colored ones will be by there selfs in the Northern Sea.

I'm thinking of making the maps different then I have made them before. Instead of have sections of a whole area one map, I think I am going to make a whole Republic one map. I might just make all the insides of homes on the map too instead of doors leading to another map. I'll start on a smaller Republic and see if it lags at all, then I will make them all this way.

Keep in mind, if your loading screen is a map then every time they move from one area to another, then they get to see the map and smetimes when you have open buildings enemies will come inside of them and kill the good people inside.

Also, I have a custom weapon made already for my character if you want to use that. It is an "explosive/sword" type of weapon. I can send it to you if you want. I'll PM you about it.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:07 pm

What I think I am going to do is every time you you go to another map, it fades to black, then I have a black loading screen, and then it fades back in. That way it doesn't look like it loaded anything at all.

And that weapon sounds awesome! I'll use it for sure.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:46 pm

Ok. I'll send it to you.

Card388
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Card388 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:15 pm

This seems like a pretty interesting game. Good luck on it.
Also can i be like a Mini boss or something? =D
Currently Inactive
Playing WoW,Wc3,Gunz, and Mabinogi
[Working on X-Core Chronicles (deciding name)]

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Of course fool.

I need a name that will fit with the story(think future).

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:33 pm

How far into the future is it? Are blimps still around?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:40 pm

There can be blimps. As I said in the PM, this is an era of it's own and it has a ton of things from the Medieval to Future times.

Card388
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Card388 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:19 am

Name: Lich 388
Distinction Black long robe, one blue eye(the left eye is blinded), Skeletal
Very Short Description: 388th attempt to revive a Lich. It turned out successful but Lich 388 doesn't remember it's history so he prefers to be called his codename.
Later on the villians trained Lich 388 to use his powers again and is send to kill the heroes from getting the colours.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Frostbolt =P (if you want ill try and make the frostbolts)

Can i occasionally summon a monster or something?
Currently Inactive

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:47 am

Card388 wrote:Name: Lich 388
Distinction Black long robe, one blue eye(the left eye is blinded), Skeletal
Very Short Description: 388th attempt to revive a Lich. It turned out successful but Lich 388 doesn't remember it's history so he prefers to be called his codename.
Later on the villians trained Lich 388 to use his powers again and is send to kill the heroes from getting the colours.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Frostbolt =P (if you want ill try and make the frostbolts)

Can i occasionally summon a monster or something?

Good, good. What is a Lich?

And ya you will need to make it foo.

Not really, the only enemies in this game are humans.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:48 am

lich= dude that raises undead to fight for him

if your really downloading WC 3, play undead, youll learn about em

Card388
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Card388 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:56 am

Aww no summons? =(
Ill start working on the frostbolt when i have time. Ill also try and make the robes and stuff too.
Currently Inactive

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:02 am

He can summon skeles if you want him too.

Card388
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Card388 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:04 am

yay! =D
cuz a guy shooting frostbolts is boring. =p
Currently Inactive

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 am

Hahahaha. Sure.

They will be gay Skeletons though. No summoning straight Skeletons.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:43 am

Dunce wrote:They will be gay Skeletons though. No summoning straight Skeletons.

lol!

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:08 am

How many trees do you want for this? I have ne made so far. Also, can I just post them on the website, or do you want them to be specificly used in this game only?

Gay skeletons? :? ???

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:12 am

As many as you think this game needs. And you can upload them to the website, I don't mind. Its really up to you.

Lol, I was just joking around. I thought it over and, even though it would be somewhat hilarious, I don't want to offend anyone.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:34 am

Dunce wrote:Lol, I was just joking around. I thought it over and, even though it would be somewhat hilarious, I don't want to offend anyone.

:( You should do it, it would br funny and I doubt you would offend anyone

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Don't do it Dunce! Leave the skeletons alone! They'll never live it down. lol

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Hhaha, I'm torn...

What would a gay skeleton do? How can a Skele be gay?

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:09 am

be nice.....

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:19 am

Duce wrote:What would a gay skeleton do?

It would be gay!

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:50 am

Hahah, nah I don't think I will do that. Maybe some other game.

Deed: About what?

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:19 am

I think deeds mean the gay skeletons could be nice

Card388
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Card388 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:44 pm

i was thinking the only reason you said that was cuz most the main characters were guys lol
Currently Inactive

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Hahah I see.

And I am trying to add girls into this game. You don't see many 001 games with girls in them.

There will be 2 more main character girls but I can't tell you, but I ca say there is going to be about 10-20 main playable characters by time this game is over.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:47 pm

Dunce wrote:You don't see many 001 games with girls in them.

True

Dunce wrote:There will be 2 more main character girls but I can't tell you, but I ca say there is going to be about 10-20 main playable characters by time this game is over.

Cool

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:50 pm

It's true. Girls are not used as the main heroes all that much in 001. Usually most games that have them as main characters give you the choice of being male or female.
Where's my sword? (first post)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:58 pm

I forgot to post it up there! Should be up in a few minutes.

I haven't decided if You can have 2 playable characters on a map at a time, or 3. I think it will be easier with 2 people, because I hope to and double techs that will allow Luminaire and someone else to do an attack together.

So how it goes:

Luminaire(always in party until later in the game) and someone else, or 2 more people.

I don't know how I would do the techs but I'll figure it out.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:04 pm

Sounds good :)

Card388
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Card388 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:26 pm

probably cuz most of the users like to base the mains on themselves and most of them are male so yea...
Currently Inactive

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:06 pm

Card388 wrote:probably cuz most of the users like to base the mains on themselves and most of them are male so yea...

Good point

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:24 pm

so no spear for joey? i can make one if you want... BRB :P

EDIT: here is the 2 variations of the daggers, if you dont like them, i dont care :P Delete them.
Dagger 2.PNG
Dagger 2.PNG (1001 Bytes) Viewed 1076 times

Dagger 1.PNG
Dagger 1.PNG (995 Bytes) Viewed 1076 times

EDIT 2: Here the the .bmp

DAM! I SAVED AS .JPG!!!

WTF!!! there bmp's on my desktop :( OMG!!! oh well :P
Please do not PM me with Engine 001 related questions, rather post on the forums. ;)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:00 am

Hmm, do you mind f I edit it? Its good, but it doesn't look like a spear.

Mr.Numbers
001 Support

Postby Mr.Numbers » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:09 am

cuz its NOT a spear :D its his secondary weapon, its a dagger... :P if you look at what i put:

Weapons of choince: Fisherman spear, DAGGER

Ehh, oh well :P

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:33 am

Oh, well it looks big like a sword.

Currently I am making more music.

Tracks:
Digital Ambiance(Theme)
Chromatics
Black Chromatic

As you see I need more/redo my old midi maker songs.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:54 am

Dunce wrote:Oh, well it looks big like a sword.

Yes, it does

Dunce wrote:Currently I am making more music.

Tracks:
Digital Ambiance(Theme)
Chromatics
Black Chromatic

Cool

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:21 am

Dunce wrote:I forgot to post it up there! Should be up in a few minutes.

I haven't decided if You can have 2 playable characters on a map at a time, or 3. I think it will be easier with 2 people, because I hope to and double techs that will allow Luminaire and someone else to do an attack together.

So how it goes:

Luminaire(always in party until later in the game) and someone else, or 2 more people.

I don't know how I would do the techs but I'll figure it out.

What are techs?
Also, nice music on that site you've got there. Pretty good stuff. Do you compose it, play it, or both?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Yup.

The Double Techniques are moves that I am going to try to script. Its an item that lets Luminaire and another member either attack at the same time with higher damage or a power up and heal thing.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Is this all going to be turn based fighting or something? How can you script double attacks if the two players are at opposite sides of the screen?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:22 pm

I hope that I can come up with a TBS script. If I can then there will be a command on Luminaire's turn if someone is in the squares around him they can attack at the same time.

But most likely it just be a move that can only be used if the second party member is with in a certain amount of pixels.

And no I don't plan on changing the style of combat, but I do want to try out TBS(Turn based Strategy.)

5econds
001 Fanatic

Postby 5econds » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 pm

I'll get that club/staff ready for you. I haven't been working on 001 much lately, bidding on an ibook.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:13 am

Dunce wrote:I hope that I can come up with a TBS script. If I can then there will be a command on Luminaire's turn if someone is in the squares around him they can attack at the same time.

But most likely it just be a move that can only be used if the second party member is with in a certain amount of pixels.

And no I don't plan on changing the style of combat, but I do want to try out TBS(Turn based Strategy.)

Sounds good.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 pm

I have a new screen shot for you guys! Its of the Black|White Republics Royal Crest. Its similar to Britannica's(Of Dark Matter) and you might find out why.... I hope to get a screen shot of my water and water terraform(The shore) that I made/edited. I also have grass too.

Screen Shot: Black|White Republics Royal Crest(Its on doors).
Attachments
gtf.PNG
gtf.PNG (1.08 KiB) Viewed 1059 times

jake.lutze
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby jake.lutze » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:48 pm

very cool, this game is looking quite Awesome, and being the supreme ruler of Awesomeington, I know my awesomeness.
Do you want me to amke a resource?
PM me and Ill see what I can do.
Invasion of the 8-bit Aliens
resources: 25% done
making: bosses, enemies, and tiles
I R smrt. I promise.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Well, you can't really tell from a few screen shots.

Once I get enough resources made I can make demo/tutorial island.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:14 pm

looks cool

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:35 pm

So in this one is:

Black thing= Game Start
White thing with Royal Crest on it(Not shown)= Demo/tutorial end and go to main island
Me grey grass
Me Grey Water
My custom shore thing
My bridge
Attachments
gffxg.PNG

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Looks cool! Are you making an overworld map? If so, you should make smaller versions of things like forests and towns and make another grass tileset that makes it look like the grass is farther away.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:04 pm

I want to make an over world map. But It will be hard to make a bunch of resources for it.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:06 pm

awesome!

Dunce wrote:I want to make an over world map. But It will be hard to make a bunch of resources for it.
It would be hard to make a bunch of resources

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:10 pm

But I need to! Because it will be soooo cool.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Then you should do it :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:44 pm

I think I am going to make it where there are clouds over areas you can't go to yet. That way when on the boat you don't see areas I don't want you to see yet.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Good idea

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:01 pm

I now have made 19 songs! If you check the first post you will see all the names.

Special thanks to Will of 2015Irene for letting me use his song, Rain Sonata (2015irene on myspace).
Last edited by Mike on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced URL.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:09 am

Double Post(Sorry I was getting tired of deleting and reposting(Kind of tired)).

I made some flags. I'm definitely keeping the bottom one as Feralon's. I just threw these together.
Attachments
flags.PNG
flags.PNG (3 KiB) Viewed 955 times

miroki123
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby miroki123 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:16 am

Looking good. :)
If you haven't tried out yet, check out my full game Voyage for Vengeance.
If you did but you're stuck, don't worry, there's a walkthrough available!

For those about to rock, we salute you.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:25 am

Do you have any characters made yet? Are they going to be black and white too?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:26 am

I have decided to keep the 001 defaults i there because they are just that good. I am trying to make clothes for them. Thats not going well because the start out clothes I was making for Luminaire didn't really fit what I was looking for. The characters in Black|White republic with be anywhere from white to grey(not being racist.)

I do have the colors I want the colored Republic's clothes to be. I don't want to make new clothes I would rather have someone else to make them.
Attachments
6.PNG
6.PNG (517 Bytes) Viewed 1553 times

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:03 am

I could upload some for you, but I doubt they would end up here that soon. Hint Hint! ;) (to resource section head)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:22 pm

I have updated the first post again. I have decided to take a different approach on my idea.

There will only be 2 main controllable characters. Don't worry all y'all who had made a character will still see your character in game! They will be important NPCs. Dual Tech Points are just going to be Tech Points and both Luminaire and Jacque will have them. They are pretty much just an increased damage attack, nothing too fancy.

During the game you will be given a Music Box. It is super important! With the Music Box you can save your game(it heals you when you save). You can only use it in safe zones(I'll explain these in a minute). The music box also allows you put in cheats you might have found in game. Right now I only have one cheat. *** The Music Box also records various information that you may find out during the game. If you go to a new area be sure to check out the information on it in the Music Box.

Zones---(Credit to Esylium Diamond)
There are going to be two kinds of zones. One is a safe zone. Obviously these are where you can save. They are mainly towns and other places that there are NPCs. You can tell you are in a safe zone if the map name on the HUD is white. The other zones are where thieves and other criminals try to kill you. These areas are not guarded by the Royal Guards and you cannot save in these zones. They are marked with Red map names.

I have a information on the republics, several factions and NPCs, but I don't want ruin the game. I could release some other non-important to the story information soon.

EDIT:***

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Sounds awesome! Cannot wait for a demo :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:50 pm

I have made demo/tutorial island(the island). I'm not sure what all I want to do with it yet. I would like to get demo/tutorial island done as well as the prologue(its a short chapter about Luminaire and his life before the game.) For this I need to start back up on the ground resources I started on. I need to find me some more trees and some flowers and shrubs(things that will pretty up the outside areas.) I also have to get walls and tiles done for Feralon homes and the castle. Not to mention all the freakin clothes I'm going to need(I have decided not to have a ton of clothes, just a few and then colored variants for the colored places.)

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:11 pm

You've got alot of resouces to do, that magical visus will be working over time ;)

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:44 am

If you need some help with effects, I can help you out. (Not that anything I make will show up within certain deadlines or anything) A good thing to do when you are starting a game is set down the rules for everything at the beginning (which it looks like you have done alot of). If you are going to make all enemies explode when destroyed, then put that in the Character Killed Script, you also need to decide on what the similarities and differences are going to be with each town/map. Using themes, or repeating layouts/designs in areas that are similar is a good way to keep things in order.

You have alot going for you so far. I am really excited about this game.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks, if I need some effects I'll come to you. And ya I'm almost done planning this one(hahahah). I have it to where when you die or Jacque dies you are asked to pay 50 silver to revive him. (Ya silver is the currency.) I might change it to 100 silver if it is too easy to pay for.

If I just get resources done I could start making maps and I could get this one done in 2 weeks! If I decide to do a sequel(ahahahhhahaa) then I could use the resources and maps over again and I could put more time into the story and add more maps. It would be awesome.

jake.lutze
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby jake.lutze » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:13 pm

Awesome. It sounds like it wil rock. Good luck on the project, cant wait to play it ;)
I R smrt. I promise.

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby evergreen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:56 am

hows the game going?
Game Coming Soon. Click Here to read about it.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Re: `~. Zurvan - Illusions from a Sea of Dreams

Postby Dunce » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:31 am

The only progress I have made is on the story, been too lazy lately to make resources.

I have changed the name of this game. I always told myself Black|White Digital Ambiance would never be the permanent title. I sat down an hour ago and wrote out the new/updated story(Posted below and in the first post.) This is what I have been working on up until now. All the past ideas have been floating around in my head, and I have been playing a lot of epic games. They have given me so many new ideas.

I thank God, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross for my inspiration. Here it is, Enjoy!

As the story goes, Zurvan is named as God. People believe that Zurvan has released them of their pain and suffering. They say that he gave them the power to create brand new lives for themselves. In a world made by Zurvan. Soon everyone worshiped Zurvan and lived with him in the Sea of Dreams, a place where everyone's greatest dreams came true. Not everyone believed in Zurvan as God. They rebelled against him and found themselves defeated. Instead of killing them, Zurvan made them live in his world. To this day the rebels have fought off Zurvan's evils and plotted his downfall. A particular pair of men came upon something very peculiar, two substances named Dark Matter and its counter part, White Matter, mainly known as Luminaire. Though enemies at first, these two men joined together and sealed away Zurvan using the powers of the two elements. Their victory was closing in, but they had underestimated Zurvan's powers. Zurvan revealed himself as The Black Lord. Spoke of in myths, The Black Lord was said to bring total destruction to the universe. Releasing his wrath, he wreaked havoc all over the universe. The planet, that the two heroes had lived on, had it's Pangeas ripped apart leaving wrecked islands scattered about. Miraculously the pair had survived, as well as many others. Not knowing, and having no way of knowing if other humans on other planets had survived, the survivors began to rebuild the lands of their planet. The Black Lord's last words before leaving his world were, "I created this world, so that others could live in peace and safety. You all have come between their realizations. My people will be born anew in this world, but you... you will die out. Therefore I have marred my beautiful world to rid you of your lives." As he said his last words, he cast a spell. It caused the Dark Matter and Luminaire to fuse together. It then shattered into pieces, spreading throughout their planet. Once it shattered, the hole area around them lost color. Knowing it was the key to defeating The Black Lord and restoring color, they set out to find the shards. But before doing that, them and the rest of the rebels re-built their lives and homes. Founding the Black|White Republics, they named the capital city Lens. It was named for the first Republic, Feralon. Soon a second Republic was founded and named Zestial. The two heroes built a Shrine for the new Dark Matter and Luminaire artifact, named the Zestial Star after its form and the Zestial Republic. Finally getting everything fixed, the pair left on a journey to find those shards of the shattered Zestial Star. Years passed and everyone had given up hope for their return. They feared the worst. They lived on for many years, and it was at a time that they knew in their hearts that their heroes had fallen. It it has been almost five hundred years since the "Apocalypse". Three more Republics had been founded in between that time. The planet flourished with life and things were great. The new King of the Republics became very intrigued about his planet's history so he sent man a man to look for these shards. None returning. Almost giving up hope, he was reminded of why he wanted these shards. His greediness for color. He had everything, money boats women, but his desire and greed got the best of him. With no more men foolish enough to take on this quest, he volunteered two teenage boys. Their story starts now.
Last edited by Dunce on Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby evergreen » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:07 am

nice
if the games half as good as that story ill be happy

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:43 am

Just got to get mah resources flowing.

jake.lutze
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby jake.lutze » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:31 pm

The story sounds awesome, but I have a suggestion.Why not call dark matter 'Shroud'?
I R smrt. I promise.

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:48 am

zurvan... ugly name.. sorry

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:07 am

doesn't matter, dunce spends all his time thinking of games, and never actually works on them :P

(not really being rude mike :P trying to make him feel bad so that he'll prove me wrong and finish a game :P
Last edited by Deedasmi on Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:56 am

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby evergreen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:48 am

we cant see it all, can you crop it a bit?
or upload it onto photo bucket and click on resine to forum size
EDIT: or can we.....

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:59 pm

If he used the upload attachment feature, you'd be able to see it better.

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:23 pm

I hope me being sort of new here doesn't stop me from being an npc, but heres the info.

Name: Tai
Looks like: Armor, a hat maybe a cape... sort of a knight look.
Description: I'm from Lens and I am a normal mortal person, but maybe I own a shop / or / I fight - I could be sort of a rebillious kinda guy or something.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Short Swords - fast attacks
modern day warrior mean mean stride

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:31 pm

mm let me guess.. you start in the city of Feralon? or Moncal maybe? :P

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 am

Well it was too big for the attachment, and I didn't feel like editing it.

Heres the url.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/duncepoo/Zmap.png

Tracelight: How about you be in the Royal Guard?

You start in Lens. Hahah, haven't you guys realized what their names are? Moncal and Lens are optical stuff, Feralon is Black, Zestial Ardor and Devot are white and love. Sward and Herbalse are nature and stuff, the Pyre stuff is fire, Hydro is water!

tracelight24
001 Admirer

Postby tracelight24 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 pm

sure. sounds like a good idea. thx :)
modern day warrior mean mean stride

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:02 am

Spiffy Map. You should have dots to show the locations of the cities though. How's this game coming? Is it still your primary project?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:36 pm

I'm not sure if I want the areas of the map for the towns to be, or if I should make a world map type thing for each island sort of like in Chrono Cross how they had the Island of El Nido. I'm not sure where I want them exactly.

This is my main project. I'm still not sure if I want to continue my SoX game. I think I wanted to do it because of a LoZ ALttP rom hack.So probably a no-go on that one.

Update: Hmm. I haven't been working on the maps or resources at all(still). I have been super developing the story though. There is a lot more to the story then what I have put down in here. Secret awesome stuff that makes the game awesome.

Ok. Hmmm. I have a question for all of yous. Which would you prefer, each island is like a world map where you can walk around it and enter towns and dungeons and other stuff that way, or should it all be fully accessible, as in, you walk through forests and stuff on the island as if your just in different maps, not being big and stuff? I hope you guys understand me.

Very soon I am going to resume making resources(mainly tiles) and I have a request. Trees. I needeth trees. (Clothes are going to be a pain)
Speaking of clothes, I think I am just going to make men and women islander clothes and then some for the important people.

I feel I have the story perfect(to the way I want it) and I can finally get some maps started.
Last edited by Dunce on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:42 am

Dunce wrote:Ok. Hmmm. I have a question for all of yous. Which would you prefer, each island is like a world map where you can walk around it and enter towns and dungeons and other stuff that way, or should it all be fully accessible, as in, you walk through forests and stuff on the island as if your just in different maps, not being big and stuff? I hope you guys understand me.

Different maps would be better, less lag

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby evergreen » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:14 pm

second one

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:46 pm

I'm going to have to vote for the seperate islands each being one map and having "sub-levels" in them. Like Mario right? Like a forest will be over here and a cave over there and you have to beat an area with a shipwreck to get through to the cave, ect.

ALSO, I can help you with creating resources in about a week. I'll just start sending you stuff, don't request anything until later.

ALSO ALSO, Nice story change. Zurvan IS evil right?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 am

Sort of, metomunc. I was meaning more like in Chrono Cross or Chrono Trigger. But doing it this way makes for a shorter game: on the other hand, making it Chrono style would make visiting areas again less tedious. Hmm. What I could do is have it Chrono style, but also have it in individual maps. For example, you enter a city from the map and when are about to go to the next area, the forest, it asks if you want to go to the map or the next area.

@metomunc: Yes, Zurvan is a false god. Also, about the resources, I just need stuff in a modernish medieval type era, if you see what I mean. And make then in color, I will black white them. THANK YOU METOMUNC.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:11 am

Awesome! I made a new tree and rocks with this game in mind. Their in the resources section. I'll probably just e-mail alot of stuff though, that way you'll have more origionality. ;)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:42 pm

Wow! Thanks metomunc these are nice!

I am going to finish up on the tiles I have going, and hopefully start making maps today.

(Custom)Tiles I have so far:

Grass
BWGrass
*Water
*BWWater
Dirt
BWDirt
Shore/Sand
BWShore/Sand
Rug Tiles
BWRug Tiles
Wood Floor
BWWood Floor

*I made a custom shoreline thing for these.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:47 pm

Cool! Once you get some maps done, post some screenies so I can make-a-tha big map tiles/resources.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Pancakes!

I have been mapping a bit and this what I did.

Its the Out-Skirts/Entrance of the town of Moncal. Not populated just the environment.
Attachments
Moncaloutskirts.PNG

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:03 pm

...DIE MAN! lemme play it :P

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:44 pm

Lol, everything in that pic is full custom. And I am worried about something. I only want human enemies in this game, but then I will have small forests, like this one, that won't have anything on them! So I don't know if I want to have other enemies in daer.

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:00 pm

MOAR enemies! are those monochromatic versions of the "dark tree" resource?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Ya, did you make those?

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 pm

i ripped and edited colors and shape, plus resized to fit good in 001, let's say that the "texture" remain the same

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:12 am

Nice enviroment! I like how the lines between sand and grass are smooth. I'll start making your world map tiles in a bit.

Also, you could always have turrets positioned in the vacant areas. I could make you some that look different from the regular 001 ones. Pick what you want:

- Rock thrower
- Arrow thrower
- temple head
- Proto-rocket thrower
- Neo-rocket thrower

(not all of them are drawn yet, but I can make them fairly fast) ;)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:10 pm

An arrow and rock thrower would be cool for something later on in the game, but I don't think any thrower should be there. Hmmmm...

I think I know what is going to be there. That map is very important to the story now.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:50 pm

???

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:00 pm

dunce owns at making storylines, and making resources, and hes not a bad scripter, he just can't finish a game : /

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:05 pm

deedasmi wrote:dunce owns at making storylines, and making resources, and hes not a bad scripter, he just can't finish a game : /

He can on this one. He has to. ;)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:54 pm

metomunc wrote:???

Its going to be where an event or two will happen, very crucial to the story.

And I would like the arrow and rock thrower, if its no trouble.

Deeds: The main thing that holds me back nowadays is resources, and some other games I have been preoccupied with. Back in the day I just made with what I had, they weren't very good. Well, Dukman did very well, but I don't think anyone completed it 80%+.

And ya, I have to do this game!

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:04 pm

prove me wrong and i will bow to you dunce

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:08 pm

Hahah, seriously, if I make a ton more resources I can map more better god and it be awesome fast tube.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:50 am

Is this in the games section? I can't find it.
Hey, I compose custom music for games (for free). PM me about it.

Tales of Northeta:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22467&p=349875#p349875

Sunbreak City:
http://www.engine001.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21483

Shmallow World (tentative progress)
Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:54 am

I haven't made one for it yet, I was going to hold off until I have a demo ready.

Minor update(Since I'm here)---
I have been doing other stuff so I haven't been messing with it too much. I have been working out the story a lot. I still need to come up with a decent beginning to it, I have an introduction but it needs a start point in the game.

As for resources I haven't made many new ones, but once I get my head back focused on IFaSoD I'll surely be pumping them out by the sheet.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:36 pm

I haven't checked on this in awhile. Also, I have your turrets done I just need to e-mail them. I'll probably do it tomorrow. Can you PM me your e-mail again. I lose track of who's who.
Last edited by metomunc on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:26 pm

Don't quit 001 just because metomunc did. This sounds like it would be a really awesome game. Maybe even more awesome than WH and VfV.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:39 pm

Agreed. Keep working on it.
And if you need resources, feel free to ask.
The M4 Team (and possibly many others) are willing to help.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Apocalypse I Act I: //////////////////// - 25% Done, Demo v0.3
AVAILABLE: http://www.engine001.com/games/Apocalypse+I+-+Act+I_601.htm
Please play through the full game, or PM me for hints and easter eggs.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:45 am

Coolness: After a huge break from 001, I got back to working on my HUD, which led to me working on some maps/resources. Below are two screen shots of Luminaire's house, Luminaire's room on the second floor is a bit bare, but I couldn't think of anything to fill the space with. (The wood-looking fenced area is something awesome I'm in the middle of working on. Once I get Moncal and Feralon(the towns) done I'll release a small, explore-only, demo to show of what I got going on.) There are a few new resources I drew up; kitchen island and stairs. I strayed from the HUD, but I got a new item holder done, but I have an idea that will make it super awesome, so no screenie yet.

EDIT: Disregard the story you see on the front page and other pages, as I am spiffing it up a bit. Lots of things might change.
Attachments
lumif1.PNG
lumif2.PNG

Gamerdude
001 Support

Re: `~. Illusions from a Sea of Dreams

Postby Gamerdude » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:50 am

Looking good, Dunce. Can't wait to play the demo.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:52 am

Looks good :)
How long till a demo?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:55 am

Thanks!

Hmm, well I need to finish Moncal first map, Moncal part 2, forest(couple of maps), Feralon Outskirts, Feralon(4 maps for town), inside homes, (maybe)inside castle.

I want to at least get those done.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:56 am

Sounds like you've really thought this game through. Thats good. It means the game will be very excellent. :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:58 am

Thanks again! This is my serious project, that is why i am taking it slow, making sure there is a ton of detail. I see this being a very nice game, just got to get into the groove again.

Edit: Both those maps aren't fully complete, for those who are wondering.
Last edited by Dunce on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:59 am

Sounds good :)

Once you get in the groove again, you will work on it alot ;) Same with me, sometimes i don't want to work on games and stuff but when I do want to work on them, I don't want to stop ;)

Keep up the good work :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:02 am

I'm going to try to get the forest done and maybe Feralon Outskirts tonight, I need to make some outside stuff for town before I work on them heavy.

EDIT: The forest turned into Forest Path, so I moved the forest to the south on Feralon Republic(Near Lens, the section I won't release in the demo.) I have Moncal Outskirts and Forest Path Moncal-Feralon 1 completed(not fully detailed yet), so tomorrow when I wake up I'll do Feralon Outskirts and hopefully start on the two towns. Then I can release the demo, so look out for hat soon.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:09 am

I am SOOO looking for the demo. Oh and I have the vehicle done, I just need to send it to you, or you can use this screenie and just copy it in yourself. I also have dynamics for propellers, but I wasn't sure if you knew how to attatch those to the vehicle when in flight. I'll post them if you want them.
ship1.PNG
First air ship (without blimp)
ship1.PNG (1.41 KiB) Viewed 921 times

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 am

I'm looking out for the hat ;)

looks good, metomunc :)

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:42 pm

hellblade wrote:I'm looking out for the hat ;)

looks good, metomunc :)

Thanks. What's the hat?

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:27 pm

Dunce wrote:Then I can release the demo, so look out for hat soon.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:13 am

Hat is cool.

I haven't worked on anything more, have been sicker. But I think I can work on some right now, or soon.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:45 am

Hope you get better soon

Work on it when you can :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:23 am

I feeling a bit better now, I got the first map of the Feralon Out-Skirts done, I don't know why, but it takes a good 20-30 mins to make a decent sized map.

I have also decided not to have Feralon in this up-coming demo, because it is massive(one of the biggest in the game). It takes a lot from the demo, but I'll probably throw in some hidden things.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:25 am

Dunce wrote:I feeling a bit better now, I got the first map of the Feralon Out-Skirts done, I don't know why, but it takes a good 20-30 mins to make a decent sized map.

Define 'decent sized'.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:28 am

Well, all the maps I have now are in the range of 50x50. I am also working on continuity. So going back and forth wastes time, too.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm

50X50 is a decent size. I never make them larger than 120 either length or width wise. If they are any bigger it can become boggy with the amount of resources I use. Do you need anything else? Trees? Tilesets? Characters? Weapons?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:55 pm

I do need some trees that blend with the ones I have in there, I do have your one Kunic trees I think. I could use some characters that aren't too farfetch'd.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:31 pm

metomunc wrote:50X50 is a decent size. I never make them larger than 120 either length or width wise. If they are any bigger it can become boggy with the amount of resources I use.

You should see Miroki's maps. They're freaking huge and it doesn't really lag too much.
Alright, it does lag, but...

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:00 am

I don't want them to be too big, 100 at the max.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:18 am

Dunce wrote:I do need some trees that blend with the ones I have in there, I do have your one Kunic trees I think. I could use some characters that aren't too farfetch'd.

The kunic trees probably won't fit with the ones you have. I'll make some more. :D

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Yay!

More trees!
Last edited by Mike on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed profanity.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:30 am

Riight.
What kind of trees do you exactly need?

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:58 am

A wide variety, that go good with the theme I have going(which y'all obvious can't see yet). Preferably in color, since this game won't always be BW.

5econds
001 Fanatic

Postby 5econds » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:41 pm

hello Dunce. long time, whaz goin on?

What style are the characters? I mean does the world in this game have any advance tech, is it mid evil like.?

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:05 am

Probably not that advanced.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:12 pm

Think final fantasy-ish. There is this dude you becomes friends with, he is an inventor. He comes up with a ton for the vehicles and other "objects" in the game, including his greatest creation so far, the airship. He is a very important part of this game.

Haven't thought of his name yet.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:23 pm

That's like the CID in final fantasies. The "CID-ish" character in my games is Captain Ongen, but he isn't always an inventor. You should name him after some invention or combine some inventors names or something... or just invent your own name.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:11 am

As long as you don't call him 'Dic'. Lols.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Ya my theme is a little on the FF side, but we this dude became an inventor is totally different. I won't say much, cause its very important to the storyline.

I just made a castle wall design and a test map to see how good it looks. Not great, but its fine. I haven't really worked on this much, and I won't for while, because I'm getting a Wii and a ton of games for Christmas, and I also bought an R4 for my DS. So I'll be inactive for awhile or so.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Dunce wrote:I haven't really worked on this much, and I won't for while...

That's a shame.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:26 am

I will work on it here and there, but this Christmas/Winter season is going to be busy for me.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:50 am

Try to do as musch as you can ;)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:34 am

Alternatively, wait for 1.5.
Anticipation is the key to fai... I mean, success. Yes, success!

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:51 pm

3D will play a part in the game, but I think I am going to stick to my roots and keep it 2D, or not, I dunno. Hmm.

Want to see the castle wall test map?

Well, here it 'tis.
Attachments
castlewalltest.PNG

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Pretty good, and you might as well finish it while it's 2D.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:55 am

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe...

Fireleaf
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Fireleaf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:00 am

Dag! This game looks really good. Only I think I might get bored of a game that is always black and white. Nice walls btw.

Tales of Northeta:

Sunbreak City:

Shmalloween (2010)
Attack-or-Treat
Gongo Warrior

5econds
001 Fanatic

Postby 5econds » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:06 am

it won't all be black and white! that's just part of it, right dunce?

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:22 am

It looks good Dunce :)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:32 am

Ya you're right 5econds. At a certain part the game you might maybe kind of come across the rest of the world.

Thanks hellblade!

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Hey nice castle! Are those guards all blind or do they have glowing eyes?

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:22 am

Possibly both. :D

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Hmm, I don't know whats up with that, I guess its because they are grey that the eyes are super white.

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:26 pm

how much gameplay time will take to make things colored again?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:33 pm

I don't think they will ever revert back to normal, but it will probably take maybe an hour til you see colored places. There has to be enough time to get to know Luminaire and a bit of his background, and bit of the world's history. You also need to be shown the diplomacy/relationships between the many Republics. I want the feeling and immersion to set in right after living Luminaire's "ordinary, everyday life" first. Think Avatar: The Last Airbender, that show has a super impact on me and hopefully I can pull off some nice elements and stuff from that show. I won't sprinkle most of the show's key elements in there(for originality's sakes), but I will mix it up smoothly.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 am

Cannot wait for this game. Keep it up, Dunce. ;)

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 am

gamer_dude001 wrote:Cannot wait for this game.

You can say that again ;)

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:03 am

Sorry.
Back on topic.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:21 am

I can wait, but the wait will be worth it I'm sure.

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:48 am

m4nd1ble wrote:

Sorry.
Back on topic.

Good one :)

metomunc wrote:I can wait, but the wait will be worth it I'm sure.

How can you say that? This game is making me more excited than Christmas! :lol:

Any more screenies, Dunce?

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:17 am

Same here. With a game like that, you're expecting something as epic as Wolf Hunt.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:27 am

Soon I'll get the whole first island done and put out that Explore-Only(no story) Demo. That won't be for a while(due to outdoor house stuff and castle resources.) So no more screens.

No offense to Wolf Hunt(or Metomunc), but I seriously want to blow it out of the water completely, like, into the next century. Wolf Hunt was soooo good, so I have to put super awesome power into this to make it awesomer!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:19 am

That adds to the anticipation, but to beat meto, you'll have to be a god of game-making.

We'll see how it goes when the demo is out (i'll rate it as a free roam, not as a linear storygame yet).

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:42 am

Well, it would be better if no one rated the demo, especially if you don't like it, because I don't want people rating it back because it was a Non-Story demo. But whatever I just beat them all up! Muu aaahhh hahahahahahahaah!

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:04 am

Meh.

Anyway I'll rate it as I see it, in terms of quality first.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:48 pm

T-Minus few days maybe?

I got some mapping done and I'm getting close to working on the towns and castle of Feralon. So maybe a wekk or less depending how fast I can pump out the resources(I'm reusing most-all of the resources from Dark Matter Chronicles so this might move these along faster!)

So don't get too exsided(lol) and once it does come out, don't rate the resources cause some will change(I think the trees mainly cause they are a bit short for the stuff I can made.

If anyone can donate a tall(not too tall tree) thats bigger than the ones in my screen shots then please do!

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:02 am

I can make one. I'll do it tomorow and send it with the Archer.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:48 pm

Woot! Can you sort of make it like the ones in the screen shots?

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:08 am

Luminaire wrote:Woot! Can you sort of make it like the ones in the screen shots?

Sure. Actually I got really busy the other day and totally forgot to make it. I'll get them to you sometime next week.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:10 am

Alls good, I have plenty of time.

I have really been focusing on story and characters here lately, here is a background to one:

Dahunik Kine---
A Royal Knight at age 22 serving in the Guard of Feralon, mainly guarding the King Squalor. He joined the Royal Knights when he was 18. He was young and stubborn, he didn't put much thought into what he was doing. He spent 2 years as a Castle Town guard and 1 as a gate guard. During his off time he would train his skills. One day the King was being escorted back into the Town from a meeting in Zestial while he was guarding. All was well until a band of thieves jumped the guards, Dahunik fought vigorously taking out most of the thieves by himself. The King was so impressed that he promoted him to Castle Guard with his main objective to watch over the King. He was also awarded the Medal of Bravery and dubbed Sir Dahunik Kine. He was so glad that he could serve his country so well, but soon he is to learn what is his country actually is. Throughout the next year Dahunik sat through meetings, guarding the King and overhearing the business that a King does. Things he heard were at times unbelievable. He soon saw the corrupt ways of his King....

Theres a ton more to his background, but thats a majors spoilers alerts.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:01 am

Awesomeness! A corrupt king always makes for a good plot. ;)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 am

I'm trying to get at least half a page per important NPC, and get some sort of background for every other less important one.

I have been working off and on, but because I need an Xbox 360 for banjo kazooie nuts and bolts, I have been spending my time selling stuff.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:02 am

Ok, I finally sent them. Hope to see a demo soon. (or at least more screenshots)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:16 am

Woooo! Thats a pretty tree, did you make it?

I'll post some more screens after I switch out the trees and finish up a few maps. I just started work on Moncal, its a pretty small town compared to the others, but its where you start at(Even though you live in the Castle Town of Feralon.) I finished mapping a cave yesterday that I will show you guys soon. I need to make stuff to populate it and come up with some monsters. Whats cool is I made crumbled walls that if you break them down they open a path to an area, so look out for those hidden about.

I think the hardest part is going to be custom clothes, that is most likely what will delay a finished product.

EDIT: Here is a screen of all the maps I have so far(The open grey area is Moncal) Somehow my continuity is off a little bit, but I don't know how.

EDIT2: Thats almost half of the Feralon Republic. The North East path goes to the Feralon Castle Town's outskirts and then the castle town and Castle. The southern path goes to more forest and then to the city of Lens. The brown area on the right side is going to be a forest dungeon thing like the cave. Don't have any ideas for it yet, but I will when I get there.
Attachments
ifasodmap.PNG

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Looks great :D

Demo...Demo....Demo.....Demo...

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:59 am

hellblade wrote:Looks great :D

Demo...Demo....Demo.....Demo...

I'm with you. Me 'n hellblade have front row seats for the release. :) Make it a good one.

MIV
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby MIV » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:32 am

Zomg, amazing.
God, release a demo already.

The M4 Team Salutes You.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 pm

MIV wrote:Zomg, amazing.
God, release a demo already.

Don't rush him.

You should have some kind of burrowing creature in the cave.
I'm going to start spriting a few more clothing items so I can make you some stuff too.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:37 pm

Expect a demo soon, but i don't know when I am going to get home though. Right now I am on my sister's comp at a hotel, so I don't have my game stuff.

I currently have one quest in progress of being complete. It has to do with Dahunik and his house. There is also another sort of sub-quest for a pick axe which is needed to mine rocks and other things. I might put a quest for iron in a weapon shop for the demo.

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:24 am

Can you make weapons in the game then?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm

I was thinking that you could either become an armorer or weapon smith , or assemble weapons at a shop depending on what resources you have. Sort of like in Chrono Cross where you had to have bones and stuff to make a bone sword or axe. You will also be able to disassemble weapons and armor for the same amount of materials you used, but pay money for the labor.

Like mentioned above, you can have certain jobs I'll script in there. Here are some "could be" jobs:

Miner/Logger/Forager- Able to get stronger pick axes(and other tools) which give you a better chance in obtaining materials.
Weapon smith- Able to make weapons, higher level increases odds of successful crafting. Selling prices increased(may need custom shops for this).
Armorer- Able to make your own armors, higher level increases odds of successful crafting. Selling prices increased.
Shop Owner- In Zestial(big market Republic heavily populated) you pay like 500-1k(depending on how I determine costs) for an old shop that you can upgrade and you make money everyday.(More money depending on how upgraded it is.) I think there will be three shops, Items/Food, Weapons/Armor, and Magic stuff. You can probably buy all of them, but it will be expensive at first until you gets the moneys rolling in. I have idea on how you can obtain a store for free, but thats will bes a secret!
Real Estate(sp) Agent- Buy and sell homes in the various islands, very expensive job at first.(Mostly likely won't be in.)

(I have more but I gtg, I'll add more later.)

EDIT:(List continued)

Alchemist- Able to make your own potions and spells. Selling prices increased.
Shipyard/Dock Owner- This is a hard one to get, it will be very expensive, but also pay it self off quickly. Owning a shipyard allows you to make money of import and export goods as well as ship repairs and upgrades. This also allows you to upgrade your boat type vehicles for free and reduce prices in shops that import and export(just the shops on that Republic.) I think there will only be three shipyard/docks that are purchasable.

Some of these will happen, and these are just jobs(for those wondering). I haven't decided what number of jobs you can have at once, it will probably be two or three. There will probably jobs that are secret that you unlock certain ways(haven't figured how I would do that yet).

Theres another list for classes:

Hand-to-hand, increased Strength
    Swordsman (Uses Swords)
    Axeman (Uses Axes)
Ranged, increased Speed
    Bowman (Uses Bows and Crossbows)
    Projectionist (Throws Knifes and Explosives)
Magician, increased Defense
    Black Mage (Uses Attack and Healing Magics, Attacks more effective)
    Druid (Uses Attack and Healing Magics, Healing more effective)
Stealth, increased Speed
    Thief (Uses Daggers and Gloves, Picks Locks)

Oh ya, and I have temporarily cut the name down to Project Dreams, because I'm exactly sure if thats the right title yet.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Re: `~. Project Dreams

Postby hellblade » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:54 am

Sounds really good :)

Luminaire wrote:Selling prices increased(may need custom shops for this).

I think I know of a way for how you can do it, make a variable and in the shops for the selling price thing, use the value of that variable and add to to the variable to get the selling price increased

Now I really can't wait for a demo ;)

Luminaire wrote:Oh ya, and I have temporarily cut the name down to Project Dreams, because I'm exactly sure if thats the right title yet.
haha, when I saw the title of the topic I was like "huh? when was this topic started" then when I read your post it made sence

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:26 pm

So, if I put a variable branch thing in there to see if you have the job, how would I increase the prices by a percent?

Neto
001 Beta Tester

Postby Neto » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:33 pm

duuude finish it already :P it has been a year since you started it
you and me should team up and make the laziest team ever :D

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:03 pm

That system looks like it could get pretty complex. Are you going to make it so that you can switch between different classes, or do you start the game as one class (or group of classes) and then keep it (those) until the end?

Neto wrote:duuude finish it already :P it has been a year since you started it
you and me should team up and make the laziest team ever :D

A demo would be nice, but don't rush it.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:01 am

Lol Neto, Laziest Team of Awesome!

Metomunc: At the beginning there will be a questionnaire that will determine some things. You pick a category and it shows what class you can choose under that category.

I have all the jobs figured out in my head, so it shouldn't be too hard to put in place. I need to worry more about mapping, but somethings I come up with will influence maps and stuff, so Idk.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:50 am

Luminaire wrote:So, if I put a variable branch thing in there to see if you have the job, how would I increase the prices by a percent?

You can multiply the shop selling variable by 1.4 or what ever, like timesing by 1.4 is 140%, 1.25 is 25%, ect

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:38 pm

But I will have to make a variable for each item right?

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:53 am

No, there is no way to change the selling price for each item, only as an overall value (when you put a new shop in, it is 0.5 by default so each item sells for half the price of it's worth / money value when you make it in items)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:03 am

Where do I find that value at?

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:06 am

Luminaire wrote:Where do I find that value at?

In the shop script there is a selling value for the item. It is 1 if you don't change it which means that the item is worth the price listed in the items section. If it is 2, then that means it is worth twice as much. If 0.5 then it is half price.

Buying is preset at 1 and selling at 0.5 so that the amount you pay for an item twice what you can sell the same item for.

AznaThira
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby AznaThira » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:56 pm

You guys sould check out my game Fantisy its going to be the largest game ever built on 001, you character is highly customizable. And there is unlimited enimies! it has so many features that have never been done before! You guys will love it! please try the demo! (for questions go to the game's forum)
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:03 pm

I will say this once: Don't ever advertise your game in another person's game topic. Its extremely rude.

@ Meto: Ooooohh I don't think I have ever noticed that in the shop script before! Thanks guys I know how to do it from here.

AznaThira
Distinguished 001 Member

Postby AznaThira » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:30 pm

I know sorry about that, im not trying to disuade anyone from getting ur game or anything, its just nobody noticed my game so I went to another forum that alot of people seen so they can notice it....I mean look at this. Its a cool game and I wanted people to see it. Sorry for putting it on your forum...
Attachments
Home Screen(Fantisy).JPG
HomeScreen
[CENTER]ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/CENTER]

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:39 pm

It still doesn't make it any less rude. This is a topic entirely devoted to the user's game, hence the title of their game on the front.

Advertising in another user's thread just annoys us and it gets you board warnings.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Re: `~. Illusions From a Sea of Dreams[Halted]

Postby Dunce » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:45 pm

I have been thinking today, and I have come to a conclusion. I really hate to say it(and i have said this before many times, and I'm sorry), but I'm halting this game for a while. Its been in production for a over a year and still, it hasn't made much progress in maps. (The story is all here for the most part.) This is just going to be halted tho, I really like this project, but I want to try out a new idea. I will post about it soon or not, Idk yet. Once again, I'm sorry, but I can make a explore only demo of what i have so far. There are some things in there that will change so don't worry, I just need to make sure the maps are connected and I'll upload it.

OK I have an explore only demo up. Enjoy. Look around and tell me what you think.

Oh ya, please don't rate this, if you do, rate it for what it is.

And now, I will explore some new ideas.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:25 am

DUNCE!!!!

You best be halting it for only a small amount of time :evil:

I shall get the demo soon and you better watch out if I like it ;)

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Postby Scaveleon » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:17 am

Ah, that feeling I get often when working on a project for a while. It's not because you wouldn't love to see the game finished, but it just gets a little boring after some time. That's also why I made a platformer game, just out of curiosity if it was possible, and to try something new.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Nothing wrong with taking a break, but I really want to see this game finished. :D

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:27 pm

Yo, its going to get more attention later, I actually was thinking of trying a platformer like Mario Bros. Or a futuristic game, I haven't decided.

hellblade
001 Forum Master

Postby hellblade » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:00 am

In the demo it would seem something is wrong with your input scripts, I cannot do anything in the escape menu, click settings and see if the menu input set is selected under 'default menu input' (or what ever it is)

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:13 pm

My menu is incomplete. To show which one is selected, the bars move over. Most of them don't work.

If it doesn't show up, then thats my fault, don't feel like fixing it.

evergreen
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby evergreen » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Can you roughly outline what we can do and where we can go in this demo?, i have walked around a bit but i feel like there are some places i couldn't find because i dont know how to.

Love the mineable walls idea.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Well you start at the unfinished town of Moncal, near the dude that lets you go to Luminaire's house. You can go North and go from there to were Feralon would be to the East. If you go south in Moncal there is a cave you can go through. That will eventually have monsters and be a thieves Hide out. Theres a path that leads to Charles's house in the cave too. If you go North of Moncal then east one map(you can see Charles's house.) you'll be at a three way intersection. Going south takes you towards Lens, which hasn't been made yet. Some of the resources look bad, like the bench is too big.

Theres one quest you can do if you talk to people.

And ya, did you find the quest for them?

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:38 pm

I haven't found the quest yet or the minable walls. Where are they?

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:23 am

The guy in the forest near the fountain has a random branch. Talk to him until he gives you something and from there you make your way to Charles's house. You'll receive something from him in exchange for the item you got.

The wall(s) can be found in the cave. They don't go anywhere yet.

Return to Games In Progress