Excursion RPG

Tell us about the 001 game you're working on. Show us screenshots. Discuss, promote and share games with others.
Forum rules
If you would like to post about your game, make sure to include screenshots and a long, well-written, thorough description.

Please be positive and understand that not everyone is skilled at using Map001. Games that are similar to other games, or fan games using commercial games' art are perfectly acceptable.

This forum section is dedicated to the discussion of games made with Map001 only.

You must upload your games to above games section of site. Outside links for games are forbidden in this section.
Dets65

Excursion RPG

Postby Dets65 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 am

EXCURSION (Title pending)
Action non-linear (if that'll work) RPG
We will need 5-3 artists and sound designers (Especially ones that can do japanese and orchestral music)
Similar in setting to Okami with a 32 bit slightly (not really) retro art style.
Developed by the Excursion team

100 Years ago, Your grandfather, the legendary blacksmith Yoshikako forged an evil beast.. His sister, Yasuhiko, was mortally injured by the beast. For 50 entire years, the evil could not amass enough power to go to a different host. But when it did, it reached many people, turning them on the evil's side and possessing them. Today, you, Kazuro, will destroy the evil beast. It will by no means be easy, seeing as the beast can take many forms..... The worst part is that it still to this very day possesses your grandfather, witch would die without it.
WHITELIST ;
empty

Yeah... We probably want it to last about 5-10 hours (including replay value). Just tell me your skills and I might put you on the whitelist.
Good story is a selling point.

I'll probably be the head and writer. I don't know about you, but I might not be here 24-7. I might be working on other things. (Which shall not be revealed.)
Last edited by Dets65 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Samulis
001 Fanatic

Re: Excursion RPG

Postby Samulis » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:39 pm

May I suggest you check out this tutorial and consider if your game idea is too large. Remember that most games that are over a hour or two of gameplay are made by teams of highly trained, industry-experienced developers, artists, and composers under good pay. ;)

Dets65

Re: Excursion RPG

Postby Dets65 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Samulis wrote:May I suggest you check out this tutorial and consider if your game idea is too large. Remember that most games that are over a hour or two of gameplay are made by teams of highly trained, industry-experienced developers, artists, and composers under good pay. ;)

Edited! 5-10 replays is not TOO far for an RPG, right? I've read some tips and it'll be sorta non-linear if we can do that.

Return to Games In Progress