I need money...FAST!!!

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

I need money...FAST!!!

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Can anyone direct me to the best money making site out there. I need money and fast because I'm wanting to make high-quality videos with all the cool special effects for makeing awesome looking vids and microphones for superior voice input. I need sites that don't charge for anything, NO FEES. Completely free and that give you money. It can be offer completion, or surveys, or whatever...but it must be free, and give me cash. Thanks in advanced. :razz:
Why would dragon keyblade ask dragon keyblade about dragon keyblades avatar and username?

Purchase mugs, t-shirts, and more at: http://www.cafepress.com/WarandPieceEntertainmentShop!

War And Piece Official Logo:

Sam Fisher: Feeling bullet-proof Gordon Freeman?

Gordon Freeman: Oh, shit! Your Fisher aren't you? How did you get in this video game? You're in the wrong video game.

Sam Fisher: No, your in the wrong video game! Look around you!

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Re: I need money...FAST!!!

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

I need money fast too, I've been using a credit card for all my spending the past month :(.

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Sure do you want anything else before I go to the shop of impossibilities?

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Grab me a money tree :D.

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:31 pm

I know, but if you have any suggestions, seriously! Please help me! ...seriously!

Mike wrote:I need money fast too, I've been using a credit card for all my spending the past month :(.

You're 100 times better off then me because I literally have NOTHING to spend. :(
Last edited by xWar_and_Piecex on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.
Why would dragon keyblade ask dragon keyblade about dragon keyblades avatar and username?

Purchase mugs, t-shirts, and more at: http://www.cafepress.com/WarandPieceEntertainmentShop!

Gordon Freeman: Oh, shit! Your Fisher aren't you? How did you get in this video game? You're in the wrong video game.

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Mike wrote:Grab me a money tree :D.

Oh if only. :lol:

Trust me just forget about it now mate, I spent 4 years trying to find a realistic 100% free money making process on-line and I failed, they will hype you up and knock you down at the last moment, just think for a moment why would someone give you money for free for doing something so simple, surveys maybe an exception but they are hard to come by and pay with buttons and pocket flint, the best way to get money is to save money and earn it, work for every last penny or dime or whatever they are to you.

Just please don't try to get free money on-line it won't work it's a waste of time!!!

Plus: Mike is not necessarily better off then you, he may have more money coming in but more going out, I believe he said he was actually losing money.
Last edited by Rico on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:48 pm

Are there any free online jobs that any of you guys could suggest?

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:54 pm

If you're really going to go about looking for some just search them in Google or the other search engines.

Plus: I searched and this came up perhaps some use to you if not atleast it'll show you what sort of jobs are available online. http://www.a1newspapers.com/Home-based-Jobs/Online-Jobs.html
Last edited by Rico on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:56 pm

You look atleast 16. Why not go get a normal job? Even minimum wage 20 hours a week is 7-9 thousand a year.

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Deedasmi wrote:You look atleast 16. Why not go get a normal job? Even minimum wage 20 hours a week is 7-9 thousand a year.

I do? :lol: That's a complement! :razz: Thanks! Wanna know my real age? I'm actually 2 years old! :lol: J/k!

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:07 pm

I need money desperately too. I'm not going to be able to pay my bills at the end of this month even if I work overtime until then. I do know how to make money though. It's called a job. In some cases, it's even helpful to society. But sitting on your ass hoping for free money isn't, and it also doesn't work. So not only is this an unrealistic request, it's also unproductive especially considering what you want to buy and the purposes you want to buy them for. If you're that desperate, what you want is extremely easy to get for free, but you'll have to find it on your own.

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:18 pm

SBG wrote:I do know how to make money though. It's called a job.

Ya think??? :roll:

SBG wrote:So not only is this an unrealistic request, it's also unproductive especially considering what you want to buy and the purposes you want to buy them for.

Actually it is realistic. All I need is money and I'll be able to get anything I can afford. Easy as that.

SBG wrote:If you're that desperate, what you want is extremely easy to get for free, but you'll have to find it on your own.

As a matter of fact, I have. I posted it here and I do research at the same time because I want to compare and see if anyone can come up with anything better than what I find.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:41 pm

You do realise anytime you complete a survey, you get .25 to 1$ right? spending anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes.

Let's look at this.
to get the best video production software, your looking at $700 for the software, $200 for a good new camera, $50-100 for a new mic, some ads, etc. Let's say to start a new comedy show your looking at $1000.
1000/7 = 142 hours of work, let's say taxes are moderatly high where you are. 150 hours of work

150/20 = 7.5 weeks

Your looking at 2 months of not buying anything to get everything you want, taking it easy with only 20 hours a week. Realisticly, 4 months of work because you will start spending money. You can't be bothered to get an easy job for 2-4 months?

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:03 pm

*Old guy steps up to the microphone again*

OK I know you have heard this before .... Nothing good is free and nothing free is good ...
It is true, take it from a 39 year old who has been online since 1994 and been in most everything to do online. I was there back in 95 with the Pirch team making boards like these into what they now call chatrooms, a huge mistake I wish I had not been part of (Thank god Northwest is no longer programming too .. After Pirch98 I left and soon thereafter they sold out) No free programs out there you can use to gain profit. All programs have a license that mentions the so called "royalty" process. Also no free websites you can use to gain profit without paying a price. I have looked, tried, and been had by hundreds. Even a website such as Angelifre will not allow you to use the free service for profit gains it costs money. Anything owned by another inividual is somewhat copyrighted even online and can cause severe problems for people not fully in the know of things ... for example .. say Joe Smith makes a game with a free program and pays the license to sell his games ... he sells 400 copies and someone finds a Disney character ... or a Sega or Nintendo .. or the such in his game. Well that company has all rights to sue him for each copy to the full extent of the copyright of their character if he has not paid a royalty fee for them, even if Joe Smith drew it himself. They are copyright by nameksake forever. I have seen a few people rise fast and fall faster because of that. It is very hard to make a buck these days.

Now for the good news (yes there is a little)..
I have a very good friend in Orlando, Florida that works at EA Games and he has given me lots of full copy software freely such as Maya, Poser, 3DSMax, Blitz ... for modeling ... he tells me game engines are lots to choose from online from free to expensive ... but also warns me what I said before about copyright infringement of namesake characters. I have a few modeling programs id be willing to give away myself if thats what you are needing, not the newest out there but to be honest they dont matter for game content as most fresh release games today use software made back in 2000 to current. The most important part is the engine itself, Lua is a logic engine that can be incorporated into other game engines, maybe even in here im not sure Mike would have to look into that part and see (Hey it is worth it if ya wanna look and its open source) Im not a scripter to add into an engine I just like to make the games lol

The internet is not a friendly place for business at all though, take it from Enron see where they went. Still as for modeling I can possibly help, im sure some of my software is useful. Good luck though. I will help as much as I can for now. 8)
September 13, 1999 was a hell of a day to quit smoking and drinking!

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Deedasmi wrote:You do realise anytime you complete a survey, you get .25 to 1$ right? spending anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes.

Some sites pay you $2.00 or more just for clicking on an e-mail. ;)

Deedasmi wrote:Your looking at 2 months of not buying anything to get everything you want, taking it easy with only 20 hours a week. Realisticly, 4 months of work because you will start spending money. You can't be bothered to get an easy job for 2-4 months?

I've worked longer...the problem is that I moved and so I have to look for another job. :(

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:15 pm

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:Some sites pay you $2.00 or more just for clicking on an e-mail. ;)

No.

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:27 pm

OMG this was too funny but I just came back and saw reply posts and at the bottom of the page the random banner was for getting a free grant online and I lost it :lol:

Seriously no free online money all has a catch.
Confuscious Says: Beware the pretty hook or get caught then cook! 8)

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Mike wrote:
xWar_and_Piecex wrote:Some sites pay you $2.00 or more just for clicking on an e-mail. ;)

No.

I was just kidding! :razz:

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 am

It's really too bad that the free money store went bankrupt. :|

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:46 am

The past year i have been buying music equipment to over twenty thousand norwegian kr (wich is about 2000 USD). Wana know how i magically got so much money? I worked my ass off like the rest of us. I worked almost every day after school on a cafe for 6 months, and the guy who owned the place was a real jerk and sometimes i didnt even get paid. Some guy i know who is 15 even got a 6-pack of beers instead of money. Money doesnt grow on trees you know. If it was possible to make that much money online for free then everybody would be doing it instead of going through months of hard work. Do you know why the money system was created in the first place? Its so that people who EARN it can get what they want
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!
All published information about our project will be there
http://shadowsofsephtia.blog.com/

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:32 pm

As a matter of fact I've had almost 3 years of experience and even if any of you had more, don't rub it in because I'm not listening to your sarcasm! I won't hear it. I won't have it. No one is hiring where I live, so STOP TALKING TO ME ABOUT FINDING A JOB!!! Nothing pissses me off more than someone telling me to do something that's impossible and repeating it over and over after I just explained it clearly! If you won't help me, just back off!

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:47 pm

xWar_and_Piecex wrote: No one is hiring where I live

Impossible.

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:52 pm

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:As a matter of fact I've had almost 3 years of experience and even if any of you had more, don't rub it in because I'm not listening to your sarcasm! I won't hear it. I won't have it. No one is hiring where I live, so STOP TALKING TO ME ABOUT FINDING A JOB!!! Nothing pissses me off more than someone telling me to do something that's impossible and repeating it over and over after I just explained it clearly! If you won't help me, just back off!

Jobs are available. Never stop looking. You can't just expect free money on the internet, because its not there, and if it is, then it's a scam. Take everything on the internet with a grain of salt... heck take it with a barrel of salt.

Seriously, get a job. Where do you live? A 5 building town?
DOOF

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:52 pm

You could always recycle cans, copper wire and crap. I hear people make good money from scrap yards. 30 or so bucks just from copper wire alone.

ITB
001 Subscriber

Postby ITB » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:25 pm

I went digging through my neighbors trash looking for cans, recycled them, and got 40$.

RPGking
001 Forum Master

Postby RPGking » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Honestly, I'll be blunt. Quit posting this crap, if you need money, get a job. Finding a job on the internet that isn't a scam is nearly immposible. I doubt theres nobody hiring, theres always demand. Look.

Stephen Chapman
001 Forum Master

Postby Stephen Chapman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:36 pm

I'm with Ixayou. I work at a place I hate to get money I love. :D

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Grocery stores, fast food, home improvment stores, game stores, movie stores, sewege plant, any factory, janitor (school, hospitol, any company in your town, etc.)

There is thousand more jobs then you think there are. You just might have to sacrifice some personal hygene to have them. And Like I said, your looking at $1000 in costs and no garuntee of ANY return, let alone paying it all off.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Sell blood. :P
Free cookies and juice with a bit of cash. Of course, you'll end up with the arms of a junkie if you keep it up though... :P

kcreddevil
001 Fanatic

Postby kcreddevil » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

There's this awesome site http://www.fiverr.com/ where you can do small jobs for people for $5 each. Once you get some good feedback the number of jobs you get increases. The site charges $1 for every job you do and you need a paypal account to withdraw the money. It's minor work and the amount of money you can make really adds up over time. One guy told me he made over $6000 on the site!
ImageImage

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:02 pm

kcreddevil wrote: One guy told me he made over $6000 on the site!

Scammer. I say no more.

Seriously, if you needed like 50 bucks or something you could try that, but not with the equipment you want to buy. And people are hiring, im pretty sure. I looked for over a month but i finally found somebody hiring, and i'm even under 16 and live in a town with the population of 14 000.
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Look down the back of your sofa/couch your bound to find a few pennies/dimes there. ;)

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:10 pm

kcreddevil wrote:There's this awesome site http://www.fiverr.com/ where you can do small jobs for people for $5 each. Once you get some good feedback the number of jobs you get increases. The site charges $1 for every job you do and you need a paypal account to withdraw the money. It's minor work and the amount of money you can make really adds up over time. One guy told me he made over $6000 on the site!

Thanks, but it's not free. You still have to pay something and I ain't got a dime on me (or anything, for that matter) :(.

Deedasmi wrote:Grocery stores, fast food, home improvment stores, game stores, movie stores, sewege plant, any factory, janitor (school, hospitol, any company in your town, etc.)

There is thousand more jobs then you think there are. You just might have to sacrifice some personal hygene to have them. And Like I said, your looking at $1000 in costs and no garuntee of ANY return, let alone paying it all off.

Ovoon wrote:Jobs are available. Never stop looking. Seriously, get a job. Where do you live? A 5 building town?

@Deedasmi: I've already tried everything available where I live.

@Ovoon: Practically. It's a small town. There's roughly only 1,080 people that live here. It's only a small village. Read about it: [url=http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/231244]Lake Linden, MI[/url]

Rico wrote:Look down the back of your sofa/couch your bound to find a few pennies/dimes there. ;)

And that's supposed to buy me what? Not even a kid's Happy Meal from McDonald's. :roll: Please.
Last edited by xWar_and_Piecex on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Well you could always sell stuff you dont use online, like old games, consoles and other stuff. If you have any that is. But it takes a lot of stuff to get so much money so dont stop looking for a job. Even the smallest kebab wagons might need somebody :P
Last edited by Ixayou on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Ixayou wrote:Well you could always sell stuff you dont use online, like old games, consoles and other stuff. If you have any that is. But it takes a lot of stuff to get so much money so dont stop looking for a job

Sadly, I don't have anything worth buying that I could sell. :(

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:27 pm

you can sell y...... uh never mind :P

You need to try everything, and i mean absolutley EVERYTHING. Have you applied for delivering newspapers? In my town almost anyone can get that job because there are so few, and nobody wants to walk in -20 :P The job sucks, but its better than nothing. Trust me, there is no realistic and leagal way to make money online without any expenses. I know several people who has been scammed, so stay away. I dont say it to be an ass, but not to end up with a loss
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Ixayou wrote:You need to try everything, and i mean absolutley EVERYTHING. Have you applied for delivering newspapers? In my town almost anyone can get that job because there are so few, and nobody wants to walk in -20 :P

As a matter of fact:

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:@Deedasmi: I've already tried everything available where I live.

:( I hope that answers your question. ;)

kcreddevil
001 Fanatic

Postby kcreddevil » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Ixayou wrote:Scammer. I say no more.

lol, I'd like to believe people on the internet are completely honest.

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:Thanks, but it's not free. You still have to pay something and I ain't got a dime on me (or anything, for that matter) .

The site is completely free what I meant was they charge you $1 for every $5 you receive.You can get some pretty good video editing software for under $100 like Cyberlink Powerdirector, it has every feature you'll ever need trust me.
ImageImage

Rico
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Rico » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:27 pm

It's simple, just walk into a McDonalds and slip over, claim accident money!!! :roll:

You have a sister right? Just sell her to your nearest Pawn shop. :lol:

Work on the Oil rigs, them guys earn so much money like 100's of thousands a year. ;)

Have you considered the Armed services?

Win the nobel prize!

Be an extra on TV soaps!

There are bajillions of ways to make money, just have to work for them. (though the first two weren't serious)

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Rico wrote:Win the nobel prize!

That's an easy one! Obama did it without actually doing anything ;)

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Who's Obama?

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:30 pm

SBG wrote:

:P True story.
DOOF

ITB
001 Subscriber

Postby ITB » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Mike wrote:Who's Obama?

Barack Obama. President of the USA. First black president as well.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:33 pm

I was joking, sorry :P.

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 pm

SBG wrote:

/salute

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Obama sucks. Two thumbs down.

Redemption
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Redemption » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Offtopic: Eh, he's okay. He's just sucking because Bush screwed it up.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:43 pm

I'm glad I moved this thread to this forum section ;).

Deedasmi
001 Forum Master

Postby Deedasmi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Bullet9780 wrote:Offtopic: Eh, he's okay. He's just sucking because Bush screwed it up.

I obj-- err, umm.... Damn mod rules.....

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:15 am

Deedasmi wrote:I obj-- err, umm.... Damn mod rules.....

Ikr?

SBG
001 Subscriber

Postby SBG » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 am

My gawd what have I done?

LOL@ the Obama ad in this thread now.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:01 am

Psssh, Gamestop will take pretty much every game you have. Sure you won't get great money from it, but it's something. :P
Sell your computer. :P

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:25 am

Zhuge wrote:Sell your computer. :P

That was a joke, right?

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:53 am

OK I just watsed time typing a post, god logged out somehow, then when I posted it I lost it since it took me to the login page. Kinda wrong. Well ill make it short now and lose all the glitter I had posted for this topic.
here is a website that can help with free software:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

they have this up right now, every 24 hours it changes and I have gotten some FREE full use software with no strings attached there.
Current pick is:
mediAvatar HD Video Converter

You have 21 hours to get it, install it, and it self registers while online to give free full use software with no limitations or expiration.

Also what software do you have in mind needing tomake a video game?

I have a few I can give you FREE that were given to me that are well beyond what is needed even though they are older versions. Unity uses these and so does UDK.

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 with Animation Studio 3
3DS Max 9
Poser 7

I also have TONS of fully free software to use I can not begin to name right now that I found online.
As for hardware you are on your own. But what do you need anyway? an HD Graphics card? TruSound audio? I want to ask ... WHY? Noone else has these yet so making a game with them would defeat the purpose of the game itself since noone can use them. a Video game production company does not look for a user with cutting edge systems and latest version software they look for potential in a game and its maker. Money is not the issue here it is .. what are you seeking to GET with the money? I am positive there are FREE programs to use well suited for your needs. We are not here trying to dog you out and make you feel bad we are trying to help. Hell I am 39 years old and have a daughter that turns 1 on December 16 and I have been unemployed since september. (My company closed here and moved to South Florida) I am not giving up hope, but not focusing on making a game right now too much either, just toying and learning while looking for a job. Focus on what you have and work with that.
Let me kow if what I have will help....

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:31 am

Erm, please, not sharing of
DolphinLover30 wrote:I have a few I can give you FREE that were given to me that are well beyond what is needed even though they are older versions. Unity uses these and so does UDK.

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 with Animation Studio 3
3DS Max 9
Poser 7

Please do not discuss illegal software sharing on this forum. Thank you.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:08 pm

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:

That was a joke, right?

Well, you need money, right? :P
There's always the public library, school, etc...

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Postby Scaveleon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Zhuge wrote:
xWar_and_Piecex wrote:

That was a joke, right?

Well, you need money, right? :P

If he says no, I'd say the whole topic was a joke then. :P
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Zhuge wrote:
xWar_and_Piecex wrote:

That was a joke, right?

Well, you need money, right?

Ahem...I don't if any of you guys notice but...look out your window, right now. What do you see? Snow right? And snow is what, people? Cold, right? And where there's cold and snow, there's also ice, right? So, I guess that answers your question, Zhuge, about going to the school library. :roll: Got anything other usefull tips, because I think you guys gave all the help you could. I'm stuck until I move to a bigger town, then I'll go look for work. ;)

Scaveleon wrote:If he says no, I'd say the whole topic was a joke then.

Read my post above your quoted post. ;) That should answer this post, too.

Zhuge
Insane 001 Forum Member

Postby Zhuge » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I used to walk to the library in the snow/ice all the time. Have you ever seen a Wisconsin winter? :P

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I travel daily across the city in the horrendous winter we have got going on. It's all about your attitude. Life doesn't always present you with ease. Money is the hardest thing to attain if you aren't interested in fighting for it.

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Nobody said illegal software if you look in the post where I did divulge a friend who works with EA Games in Orlando, they are swamped with free software from companies and more than one copy of each to try and make an impact there. I have legal copies with packaging and manuals, I use some, toy with some, and like Gordon, let some sit on the shelf in a box. Not into the bootleg stuff. Anyhow to the subject again though I was also thinking, sharing a mailing address to send a software package. Not a good idea online either nothing is safe from being stolen. I can just give you all my weblinks I have for free software online, legit links not torrens or kown bootleg sources. No harm intended.

Mike
001 Co-Founder

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Sigh, he has a license for its use within his company, not just given to whomever he knows.

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:42 pm

DolphinLover30 wrote:Nobody said illegal software if you look in the post where I did divulge a friend who works with EA Games in Orlando, they are swamped with free software from companies and more than one copy of each to try and make an impact there. I have legal copies with packaging and manuals, I use some, toy with some, and like Gordon, let some sit on the shelf in a box. Not into the bootleg stuff. Anyhow to the subject again though I was also thinking, sharing a mailing address to send a software package. Not a good idea online either nothing is safe from being stolen. I can just give you all my weblinks I have for free software online, legit links not torrens or kown bootleg sources. No harm intended.

I'd be interested in some software. Can you give me a link?

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 pm

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:Can anyone direct me to the best money making site out there. I need money and fast because I'm wanting to make high-quality videos with all the cool special effects for makeing awesome looking vids and microphones for superior voice input. I need sites that don't charge for anything, NO FEES. Completely free and that give you money. It can be offer completion, or surveys, or whatever...but it must be free, and give me cash. Thanks in advanced. :razz:

One point I saw here I will make out ... no matter what microphone you use it only will generate sound as good as your sound card. Albeit a Radio Shack Optimus mic is just as good as a Blaupunkt or Bose. As for video effects too, Windows Movie Maker can do all that and more, it is a basic setup on your PC but has upgrades you can buy cheaper than another full software. (And being it came with your PC you do have a license for it to begin with, no limitations to how you use it.)
What kinds of videos? Games? for gaming? YouTube videos? MTV? At first I was under the impression you wanted stuff for making games here, I glanced over the topic and was reading other replies at first. This will help me find online some legit stuff for you to use freely. (But the microphone issue im dead serious about, Radio Shack Optimus is all you need and cheap enough.)

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 am

DolphinLover30 wrote:One point I saw here I will make out ... no matter what microphone you use it only will generate sound as good as your sound card.

Not necessarily true. My Konami Logitech mic sucks compared to my dad's Canon camcorder. The sound works 5x (or more) better than my microphone, so I can get better sound quality. The problem is, is that making videos with that camcorder will drain the batteries 10x faster than using batteries on an Xbox 360 controller. :(

Ovoon
001 Forum Master

Postby Ovoon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:23 am

xWar_and_Piecex wrote:Ahem...I don't if any of you guys notice but...look out your window, right now. What do you see? Snow right? And snow is what, people? Cold, right? And where there's cold and snow, there's also ice, right? So, I guess that answers your question, Zhuge, about going to the school library. :roll: Got anything other usefull tips, because I think you guys gave all the help you could. I'm stuck until I move to a bigger town, then I'll go look for work. ;)

I'm looking out my window. It looks pretty clear over here to me. :|
DOOF

xWar_and_Piecex
001 Admirer

Postby xWar_and_Piecex » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:12 am

Ovoon wrote:
xWar_and_Piecex wrote:Ahem...I don't if any of you guys notice but...look out your window, right now. What do you see? Snow right? And snow is what, people? Cold, right? And where there's cold and snow, there's also ice, right? So, I guess that answers your question, Zhuge, about going to the school library. :roll: Got anything other usefull tips, because I think you guys gave all the help you could. I'm stuck until I move to a bigger town, then I'll go look for work. ;)

I'm looking out my window. It looks pretty clear over here to me. :|

Then you don't know how it's like in the U.P. at this time of year? Too bad.

Samulis
001 Fanatic

Postby Samulis » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:21 pm

If you want to try your hand at 3D modeling or 2D graphics, you can personally set up a shop somewhere. I sell my models at an online shop- setting it up cost me nothing, the only thing is, to sell my stuff there, I had to purchase some programs to convert the files and do some texturing and such. So far, I've technically made over 100 bucks- the only issue is that to get the money, I would have to submit a tax form and some other stuff... plus, I spent most of the money buying other folks models so I could make neat renders and such. :roll:

My best advice is to find a person who needs a service you can provide- e.g. if you can do programming, find someone who needs one and is willing to pay. There are lots of jobs out there for artists as well. That's if you want to earn online.

If you want to earn money fast and free of any ties or requirements beyond what you can provide, follow the advice you were already given... get a job. :)

Redemption
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Redemption » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:01 pm

(Notice)
He was banned.

Samulis
001 Fanatic

Postby Samulis » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:00 pm

Hmm... I did not realize that.

DolphinLover30
001 Supporter

Postby DolphinLover30 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Banned?? oh well shame. Cookies and eggnog anyone?? plenty left over here for the new year :)

Gamerdude
001 Support

Postby Gamerdude » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Stay on topic please. Or let this one die.

2cool4me4
001 Subscriber

Postby 2cool4me4 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Once you have mastered the :usevalue:, you are a truly awesome 001er.

Return to General Discussion