Sounds in GGMaker - License

Have any questions or problems in making your game, subscribing and/or using our software? Post here.
Forum rules
Make sure you are using the newest version. This can be downloaded at the top of the site via the "downloads" link.

Use a very good subject. "Problem" or "Help" are unacceptable titles.

Use the search feature before posting a question, as the answer is probably already here.

Subscript out of range error 9: This is a generic error, and we'll need way more information than that to figure out the problem. If you get this, strongly consider following the instructions of submitting your project through the Submit Bug feature within the editor.
djeby
001 Enthusiast

Sounds in GGMaker - License

Postby djeby » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:14 am

Are the sounds from GGMaker licensed to use commercially?
I am asking, cause I found a sound that i like in GGMaker and would like to know if i can use it commercially.

Also, who made these sounds?
If it can be used commercially, can I get a written consent from the creator of that specific sound?

Thanks in advance,
Vlad
Legend of Miro - A 2D Storytelling RPG

Danny
001 Forum Master

Re: Sounds in GGMaker - License

Postby Danny » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:05 pm

If you are a subscriber or you own a legit paid for copy of GGMaker you can (As far i am aware) use any assets including music/sound effects that are in GGmaker commercially in your games you make with GGMaker without needing written permission from the creator.

If you are using the free version of 001/GGmaker you can not sell your games without a license (You would need to subscribe or purchase GGMaker)

djeby
001 Enthusiast

Postby djeby » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:03 am

I own a paid license on Steam. Just wondering, since my game got Greenlit and still have some things to do, including adding sounds.
That is why I was wondering.
Legend of Miro - A 2D Storytelling RPG

Lee
001 Support

Postby Lee » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:23 am

As Danny has pointed out, all default assets can be used in commercial projects. The only thing you CANNOT do with them is sell them individually or use them in another game engine.

As for the music creation, I believe they were created by user "K-Pone" (might be wrong on that though).
Lee - 001 Community Manager

Return to Technical Support Questions