Song ideas?

General discussion relating to everything except 001.
Forum rules
Please do not post questions concerning the 001 software in this forum.
Ixayou
001 Translator

Song ideas?

Postby Ixayou » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Lately i've been into writing songs. I've been reading tutorials and music theory online, i've also made a couple cliche'd songs. But recently my inspiration just stopped. My motivation to write songs is still there, but i cant find anything to write about. So what i need is anything i can use as inspiration to make a song. Wether its a piece of lyric, a picture, an idea for melody, chords or riffs or just anything that can get me started. I know there are many creative minds out there, and all i need is a little kick to get started :) Hey- i could even use a plot you've made for a game but never used, who knows? If you could only write a short story about something that has touched you that would help me out a lot :)
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!
All published information about our project will be there
http://shadowsofsephtia.blog.com/

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Re: Song ideas?

Postby Tabula Rasa » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:15 pm

Write a song about me. :D Can't go wrong with that. :P
Last edited by Tabula Rasa on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

Redemption
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Redemption » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 am

Try mixing chord and leads, here's an example.
# Repeat
^ Pull String
$ Let Ring
Full drop D

(4th)-3-5-3-7-#---------------------$0----------------7-7-7-7-2
(5th)-3-5-3-7-#---------------------$0----------------7-7-7-7-2
(6th)-1-3-1-5-#-0-2-3-2-5-3-^7-^5-$0-0-0-12-10-8-5-5-5-5-5-0
Hope it helps.

Dunce
001 Forum Master

Postby Dunce » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:08 am

What do you mean by write a song. Like the music or music and lyrics?

I'm thinking you mean just the music.

Redemption
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Redemption » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:48 am

Tabula Rasa wrote:Write a song about me. :D Can't go wrong with that. :P

*OFFTOPIC*
Here's one
Tabula, is such a bum...
That he eats a bunch of raw pickles of my roof!
He wears the crappiest under-OOS!
He loves the scrappiest clothes from under my drow-er!
He likes like to hump 'lil bitty dogs, and that's Tabula Rasa, and that's Tabula Ra-sa.
:D (No offence, I'll delete if you want) *OFFTOPIC*

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 am

Dunce wrote:What do you mean by write a song. Like the music or music and lyrics?

I'm thinking you mean just the music.

no i mean both.

Bullet: yeah thats gonna be a hit :lol:
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!

Samulis
001 Fanatic

Postby Samulis » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Here's a song I wrote up a while ago, it's supposed to be more medieval... the rhyme pattern is simple, but the rhythm (especially in the chorus lines) is weird.

Lord Daedon rode in a party of four,
sword brazen and heart proud more,
armor missed upon his back,
like a peasant 'thout a sack.

O' unto thee my lady,
O' unto thee my liege,
He rideth for no man n' waitith for no hand,
An' nothin'll thrown him far, far away!

Ten good sires assemble- about the lawn,
Daedon drew and ordered 'bout the noble throng,
He hissed and cursed and cut and swung,
No foe t'was left a standin'.

O' unto thee my lady,
O' unto thee my liege,
Beware the Lord de Pastilaan,
He rideth with much glee.

Daedon t'was born from malice, some say,
Killin' runs in his blood!
His father was a hangman,
And his mother t'was his glove!

O' unto thee my lady,
O' unto thee my liege,
Wicked born and full of scorn,
Beware the ol' hangman.

Raised in ye court of Pastilaan,
Born of shadow'ed ash,
'ed never give a man a chance,
If he tilted a lance!

O' unto thee my lady,
O' unto thee my liege,
Watch your hand and guard your bow,
For that'd what he'd be after.

Daedon o' wonder,
Ride with fear,
Hoves hit like thunder,
That'd be such fear!

O' unto thee my lady,
O' unto thee my liege,
Hide your daugter's and heart's good mass,
From his hideous wrath!

Son of hatred,
Master of wrath,
He waits for no king or queen,
only for his own crude laughter.

O' unto thee my lady,
O' unto thee my liege,
I hath warned you thrice again,
'gainst him ye stand no chance!

Here are a few unfinished/re-arrangeable songs that you are most welcome to arrange and work with.

http://samersanmusic.webs.com/Russian_theme.mid

http://samersanmusic.webs.com/war.mid
Last edited by Samulis on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Automatically merged double post.

sinjin48
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby sinjin48 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Just look around you, pick something and start writing, Johnny McEvoy wrote one of his biggest hits about a homeless old lady he met on the street, there's inspiration where ever you want it to be. I'm in a similar situation with my writing.

And Samulis, nice bit of verse there, reminds me of Cu Chulainn.
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tabula Rasa
001 Forum Master

Postby Tabula Rasa » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Bullet9780 wrote:
Tabula Rasa wrote:Write a song about me. :D Can't go wrong with that. :P

*OFFTOPIC*
Here's one
Tabula, is such a bum...
That he eats a bunch of raw pickles of my roof!
He wears the crappiest under-OOS!
He loves the scrappiest clothes from under my drow-er!
He likes like to hump 'lil bitty dogs, and that's Tabula Rasa, and that's Tabula Ra-sa.
:D (No offence, I'll delete if you want) *OFFTOPIC*

Hahahaha screw you. :D

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:43 pm

So i was sitting down trying to find out what to write about, then my best friend called me asking me what i got on the last test we had at school. I got an A-, and she had got a B. She congratulated me, but i could tell that deep inside she was actually pissed off like hell because she got lower than me :P So i thought i would write about my relationship to her, because we are always competing about everything. We're best friends and all, but deep inside we really hate eachother sometimes because one wants to be better than the other. And both are stubborn. :P

I only wrote the first verse, and im not super happy about it but i try not to be to critical because then i wont write anything i can use. So here goes...

(its in 6/8 beat)

We keep fighting
Nobody wins
A comprasion
Exact likeness
On the surface
We are best friends
Down below we're
Sharing hatered

Same distance
From the purpose
Same motive
To keep living
Critics have
Paralelled us
But i'm never
Giving in

I also took Bullets advice for mixing chords and leads and i found a riff that works for it as well. I also made an intro riff.

critisism please? is it cliched? :P
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!

Indiana 266
001 Forum Master

Postby Indiana 266 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:52 am

I sang it to a tune I had in my head and it sounded awesome.
Maybe change best friends to just friends, because it sounds better.

Scaveleon
001 Translator

Postby Scaveleon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 pm

sinjin48 wrote:Just look around you, pick something and start writing.

Yes, this can give a lot of inspiration. My themes don't come from sitting in my room. I was once at a party, and I had the mindset to write a song. Now I didn't have anything to write on, so I went home and wrote it.

Also, have any of you ever seen the Johnny Cash movie, "Walk The Line"? When he wants to make a record, Cash first sang a gospel song. The judge said that he have heard the song a hundred times before, just like that. If you were hit by a truck, and you've got one song to play, one, would you choose that song? Or would you sing about how you felt? Because that's the song that truly saves people. Cash played a song from when he was in the air force, and got a record.

That scene was really grand.
MIV wrote:It's definitely not The Epic Game of Loladin as the screenshot said.
Nor is it The Epic Game of Loladin Happy Face.

SoundCloud
Project blog

metomunc
001 Forum Master

Postby metomunc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:39 am

sinjin48 wrote: Cu Chulainn.

So glad someone else knows who that is. :D

If you ever need inspiration Ixa, simply walk through a place with lots of people (airports/malls). If you observe for a bit you'll have tunes and lyrics running through your head like traffic in Hong Kong.
Who should I really listen to?

sinjin48
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby sinjin48 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:50 am

metomunc wrote:
sinjin48 wrote: Cu Chulainn.

So glad someone else knows who that is. :D

One of the more interesting heroes in the ulster cycle, but everyone associates him with the Boon Dock Saints.

Sorry for the off topic.

One of the things I picked up was to emulate as many songs as you can, not copy, but do something along those lines, then edit it and frig about with it. Good practice and every now and then you get a good one.
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lunatiic

Postby Lunatiic » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:30 am

Try writing a four chord song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I
See that woman over there? She's got a terrific pair of norks. - Prince Phillip

Ever had a conversation which has include both time travel AND the likelyhood of the bermuda triangle being the home of giant piece of rhubarb which has a grudge against the hhuman race?

Dark Cloud Strife

Postby Dark Cloud Strife » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Nature inspires better because there is none because of human consciousness.
I especially I draw the dreams, so I already have four songs Surrealists.

When I was a kid, I used to do some little songs based on a story I was creating, but now I have other projects and I can give up some of the tunes, if you want please tell me.......

http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile?uid=13811439847883669074

Redemption
Ultimate 001 Member

Postby Redemption » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:13 am

Sorry for extremely late input but I think I may have something good...

o = Open
m = Palm-Muted

0:00
E ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D 2-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A 2-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E 0-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0:02
E ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0:05
D ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0:08
G ------------------------------------------------------------------------10----10-10-10-10-10-10-
D ------------------------------------------------------------------------10----10-10-10-10-10-10-
A ------------------------------------------------------------------------8-----8--8--8--8--8--8--
------------------------------------------------------------------------o-----m--m--m--m--m--m--

0:11
G 10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-9-----9--9--9--9--9--9--
D 10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-9-----9--9--9--9--9--9--
A 8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--7-----7--7--7--7--7--7--
m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--o-----m--m--m--m--m--m--

0:14
G 9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--10----10-10-10-10-10-10-
D 9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--10----10-10-10-10-10-10-
A 7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--8-----8--8--8--8--8--8--
m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--o-----m--m--m--m--m--m--

0:16
G 10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-9-----9--9--9--9--9--9--
D 10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-9-----9--9--9--9--9--9--
A 8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--8--7-----7--7--7--7--7--7--

0:19
G 9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--10----------10----------
D 9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--9--x-----------x-----------
A 7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--7--8-----------8-----------
m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--m--o-----------o-----------

0:22
G 10----------10----------10----------10----------10----------10----------9-----------9-----------
D x-----------x-----------x-----------x-----------x-----------x-----------9-----------9-----------
A 8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------7-----------7-----------
o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------

0:25
G 9-----------9-----------9-----------9-----------9-----------9-----------8-----------8-----------
D 9-----------9-----------9-----------9-----------9-----------9-----------8-----------8-----------
A 7-----------7-----------7-----------7-----------7-----------7-----------6-----------6-----------
o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------

0:28
G 8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------6-----------6-----------
D 8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------8-----------6-----------6-----------
A 6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------4-----------4-----------

0:31
G 6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------------------------------
D 6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------6-----------------------------------
A 4-----------4-----------4-----------4-----------4-----------4-----------------------------------
E ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------o-----------------------------------

Ixayou
001 Translator

Postby Ixayou » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:52 pm

I managed to write a whole guitar song in an hour or two. For some reason lots of riffs and chords suddently flied trough my head and i kept getting more and more ideas :) Now i just gotta create the lyrics/melody
ImageThe Rpg Teams Blog!

Return to General Discussion